Target

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

Applied online and got a phone call for an interview about a month later. They were hiring for seasonal cashiers. Went in for an interview on Friday. The first interview seemed to go well.it was very laid back and the interviewer was super friendly. I was then moved to another office where I waited for about fifteen minutes for an HR represenative to interview me. She was also very friendly and asked the same type of situational questions and asked about personal experiences. At the end of the interview she asked if I would be interested in working at the service desk as well and if I had experience with doing returns. I told her I wouldn't mind and was comfortable with both. She told me they were conducting interviews throughout the week and would be in touch with me. I'm assuming I didn't get the position because I have read they offer you the job on spot and send you for drug testing. I mentioned in my interview their cashier. Motto :fast, fun and friendly and was asked if I had ever worked there. I revealed my brother worked there for several years and tipped me off. Perhaps they didn't like that.

Interview Questions
    • How would a former employee describe your strentghs and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

After filling out the online application, I was contacted, in person, by a representative of the store. When I got to the store I was told to go to the application computer station and re-file information and re-take a personality test. The test consisted of questions about how to handle workplace situations. I made it past the first interview and felt I did well on the second with the HR person. When I did't hear anything I called the HR person to inquire and left a couple of messages that were not returned. A few days later I received an email from corporate telling me "Thank you for applying." I was very disappointed at how interview process was handled.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work beyond your potential.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

3 interviews each consisting of 5 behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem you solved creatively.
      Tell about a time you mentored someone.
      Tell me about a time you used a strength to solve a problem.
      Tell me about a time you had multiple tasks in a limited amount of time.

Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever….

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2011.

It was a quick 10 minute phone call the day before the 1:1 to see if I was interested in the job and if I had the a car to get to work every day. When I went in for the face to face interview I was there for about 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 different people. First, I interviewed with a Team Leader that just asked me usual interview questions that were read to me from a packet. The second interview was with the store manager and he basically just re-read the questions to me. You don't really need to impress anyone with the interview process since they are just reading questions from the packet. The questions pretty much follow the guidelines of some of the questions you would see in the online questionnaire you fill out when you fill out your application. They don't care about your personal qualities, just as long as you meet the criteria of whatever is in that question packet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went went above and beyond doing your job.   Answer Question

Executive Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in August 2011.

I received an email the day after I applied to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was immediately passed onto the two face-to-face interviews during the next week and it was followed by another phone interview by the HR manager. The next day, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had an uncooperative team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

I was an internal promotion so the process was a little different. First step was a phone interview going over the following: about me, strengths/opps, 5 Situation/Behavior/Outcome questions.
    Second interview with the District Team Leader, same type of interview as first.
    Third interview over the phone with the Human Resources manager. Same type of interview as the previous two.

Interview Questions
    • Just have 5-7 solid behavior examples that you can mold to answer the question. Know they are looking for specific behaviors (ie tell me about a time you disagreed with a peer or superior. How did you handle the situation. They are looking to see if you can demonstrate courage/relate well to others) so make sure you answer the question accordingly.   Answer Question
    Didn't try.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

Anywhere from 1-2 interviews, 1 if you are lucky. I had 3 interviews. It was a drawn out questioning process where they ask you specific who-what-when-where-why questions about the most random things. Probably to check your body language and how quick you are able to drum up an answer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Where were you the last time you had to solve a problem? How did you solve it? How many times did you participate with others in a team in the last month? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question
    It was okay

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2011.

Started out with internship fair at college.
    Progressed to 2 on 1 interview. All behavioral questions. The interview was held at the college.

Received an email informing me that I had to take an online test. It tested math questions as well as personality questions. Lots of managerial questions. There were no behavioral questions or fill in the blanks/short essay answers.

Then a group interview at the Distribution center. Met with 8 team leaders. Interviewed with 6 of them in groups of two interviewers. Each group asked 3-5 behavioral questions. Took 4 hours.

Overall they are looking for upbeat people that are team oriented. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in March 2011.

About 7 interviews. Very thorough, extremely standardized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2011.

Quick and simple...it wasn't a tough interview. They could clearly see that I was qualified. They asked a few basic questions about my experience and asked me to submit to a drug test and background check.