Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member
Hillside, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called for interview. After two interviews with 2 different people I was told they would call me back within 8-10 days once HR went through my application.

Interview Question – How did you handle a mistake. and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who recently accepted an ETL position. I completed an online profile. I received an email with a link to the assessment. It was an online test with a lot of questions. They were personality, logic, analytic and management based. Very long, but I found them not to be too difficult as long as you have scratch paper.
 Few days later I received an email to set up a phone interview. I had that interview about a week later with an STL. I prepared by looking at this site. All the questions he asked were on here. It was relaxing and I felt confident. The next day I received an email that I was moving on in the process. I was to have 2 in person interviews. One with the DTL and one with HR. The next available time was about 3 weeks later. I prepped the same way: having my "power" stories ready, coming up with a 60 second commercial. Mostly used this site and the Target site for tips. VERY helpful. I didn't feel confident leaving those interviews. I had wished that I said things a different way or said more. Very professional interviews. I didnt feel comfortable with the DTL till it was my turn to ask her questions. I left thinking that I didnt get it.
I got a call the next morning to set up a final phone interview that afternoon. It was with HR. Just a few last questions about strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted the job, etc. About 15 minutes. She was very personable. I felt confident. The next morning I received a call offering me the job! Contingent on a drug test and background check of course.

I had a great experience interviewing with Target. It took a bit longer than I expected but everyone I met along the way was very friendly and genuinely enjoy working for Target.

I think as long as you are prepared and friendly it should go well. Have a few stories that you can mold to apply to different questions. I was consistent with my examples throughout the process. I made sure that each situation was stated clearly and included my actions and the positive results. Keep a smile on your face and be excited. They also love when you ask them questions. It shows you are very interested in the job. That goes for any interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They offered me $48,000 and full benefits. I believe that is the starting pay for an ETL. It is much more than I ever would have imagined for my first job out of college so I did not negotiate.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Schaumburg, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied and got a call two days later for an interview i was asked series of questions like explain a situation when you had to go beyond your way to help someone i had a second interview same day all the same question

Interview Question – why do you want to work at target   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and scheduled an interview as soon as the application was complete. I had two in-person interviews. The first was with an HR member, the second was a week later with a sales manager. Most of the questions were basic questions about past experience and how I handle certain situations. Setting was pretty laid back.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – It is situation based interview. Describe a time when... They are looking for people to be Fast, Fun, and Friendly.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you solved a problem   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
Glenview, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was a quick 10 minute phone call the day before the 1:1 to see if I was interested in the job and if I had the a car to get to work every day. When I went in for the face to face interview I was there for about 2 hours. I interviewed with 2 different people. First, I interviewed with a Team Leader that just asked me usual interview questions that were read to me from a packet. The second interview was with the store manager and he basically just re-read the questions to me. You don't really need to impress anyone with the interview process since they are just reading questions from the packet. The questions pretty much follow the guidelines of some of the questions you would see in the online questionnaire you fill out when you fill out your application. They don't care about your personal qualities, just as long as you meet the criteria of whatever is in that question packet.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

Interview Details – After filling out the online application, I was contacted, in person, by a representative of the store. When I got to the store I was told to go to the application computer station and re-file information and re-take a personality test. The test consisted of questions about how to handle workplace situations. I made it past the first interview and felt I did well on the second with the HR person. When I did't hear anything I called the HR person to inquire and left a couple of messages that were not returned. A few days later I received an email from corporate telling me "Thank you for applying." I was very disappointed at how interview process was handled.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to work beyond your potential.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Merrillville, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had a Phone interview and then was asked to come in for interview on monday, but to do some tests online before hand. Did 3 interviews on monday and said they will get back to me on Friday. Heard nothing so called and said they are still interviewing other people and they will let me know next week.

Got offered another job at another company so not sure if I should accept that one or wait until Target calls me..

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you did not agree with a company rule...   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2010.

Interview Details – The ETL interview process begins with a phone interview with the HR representative where they ask you basic Situation, Task, Action, Result behavioral questions. Then you will take two online assessments, one where they test your overall competence and the other where they explore your interests. The tests are simple, just be honest and do your best. Be sure to review the STAR behavioral interview format and prepare anecdotes based off your resume to share.
The final stage is two one on one interviews with the District Team Leader and the Human Resources Business Partner. These are both upper level managers who will follow a similar STAR format set of questions, but they will also ask more follow up questions. They will rate you based on how concisely you articulate your answers, how technically demanding or complex your work experience has been, how strong your leadership experience is (talk about a time when you lead a team, this is absolutely critical), how you overcome challenges and failures, and how confidently you present yourself overall.
Don't be nervous, they are kind in demeanor and just want you to be able to present yourself as best as you can. Be prepared with concise responses to any questions about your resume and you will succeed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to solve a complex problem using your analytical skills, walk me step by step through the problem and your solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry-leven ETL candidates have no chance of negotiating the salary if they are straight out of college.

Naperville, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviews. Want to know exactly how a person would operate in specific situations. If you were ever part of a team, this interview will be easy for you. Asked for a GPA, reviewed resume and cover letter.You are asked the same questions over and over. Interviewers are very friendly, easy to talk to. Be sure to write down potential questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to tell a teammate about his/her poor performance.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target