Target

Updated Aug 6, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Distribution Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2014.

Contacted via recruiter on LinkedIn. Talked with her twice, both times were basic questions following STAR format. She set up initial on site interview for the following week. I arrived early for the interview and the security guard told me there were no interviews scheduled for that day. I reassured him that there were indeed interviews and I was there for one. After he sorted things out I waited for twenty minutes for an HR representative. She escorted myself and one other applicant through the warehouse on a tour. She then brought us to an office area and had us wait for our interviews. There were three separate interviews. Each with two people. The first was with the engineering / automation team. The second with the logistics side and the third with inbound/outbound. All interviewers were very friendly and the interview was again STAR based.

Interview Questions
    • What would your peers say is your greatest opportunity and would you agree or disagree?   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Lengthy Interview. Be prepared to spend the whole day. Scenario based questions. Tell me about a time.... Seemed like they weren't interested in someone who could think outside the box, but rather just do the job as described. Will need to be a motivated team player. Received a response that was not selected within less than a day. Disappointing because it seemed like a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was super difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Target in May 2013.

Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Executive Team Leader Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Had an on campus interview, then 3 interviews on site the next week. Was told I would hear back in one week, took 4 weeks. Followed up every week, and was told i would hear bavck in a week ezch time. Last time recieved an automated email saying they were pursuing other candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I found the position through a friend and applied online. I was contacted by HR Recruiter and had a brief phone interview and asked to do an online test (logic, some math). This was followed by a more in depth phone interview and conversation about the position. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with two senior leaders per interview. They focus mostly on how you work through a situation, how you reflected on the experience, and how you used your experience going forward. They look for leaders who focus on people and long term trends over black and white situations. Overall very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, although they push to see if you learned from your experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered me a salary based on my degree and previous job. No sign on bonus incentives.

Team Lead - Operations and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

First phone interview was simple. The purpose was to make sure I had the basic skills required to fill the job.

The second phone interview was supposed to be 5 scenario based questions. I used this website, spent several hours the day before preparing responses and a cheat sheet and all in all I felt I was very well prepared. During the phone interview I was only asked 3/5 questions. After third question HR Rep told me everything went well and that I would be interviewing at the warehouse next and that I would be asked similar questions to what I was asked that day. She said she was going on vacation soon and would provide me dates for my next round of interviews when she returned.

The following week I got the notorious email telling me that Target is considering other applicants and that it was their policy not to give feedback on why I was removed from the applicant pool.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to build trust with an employee who did not like you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to tell a supervisor "no".   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate an employee.   Answer Question

Distribution Center Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

A target recruiter called out of the blue to describe the open position and determine if there was interest. After interest was expressed the recruiter scheduled a series of two to three phone screening interviews. A mixture of regular questions were asked paired with situational questions. After I passed the phone interview portions an on-site interview was scheduled. The on-site interviews consisted of three panel interviews with senior group leaders, general managers, and HR managers. Very strange environment. I was taken to multiple rooms for interviews and multiple areas while waiting by myself in between them. Each interview was lead by casually dressed individuals reading from a very scripted interview packet. You start to wonder if any of them could stand on their own two feet without the packets. Notes were taken on the packets in an obvious situation, action, result format. Important to have extremely specific examples prepared ahead of time that follow that format of what was the situation, what did you do, and what were the results of the actions. Best advice I can give is to have up to twelve examples rehearsed in the SAR format ahead of time.Good luck with the interview process. Get ready to appear as though you drank the kool-aid. Some of the questions were as follows:

Tell me about a time when you challenged someone to do a better job.

Describe a person you have had the most difficulty motivating.

Tell me about a time when you failed to deliver on a work commitment.

Provide an example when you helped someone improve their work performance.

Tell me about a time when you challenged the opinion of another in a group setting.

Describe a time when you hit a barrier or challenge to accomplish a goal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you brought up an issue to someone else that others were not comfortable bringing up.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

This was my first interview I applied online got called the next day for an interview. They made me take an IQ test on one of the computers when I didn't know the location of the computers I asked an employee and she was very nice and showed me where and who to talk to. The test just had some questions about averages and basic math skills. I had 2 interviews with them the first was a team leader she asked be basic questions like greatest strength, weaknesses, times you've helped others and so on. The second interview was with one of the execs and she asked the same questions pretty much just with a little different wording both were extremely nice and chatted a bit and laughed it was a fun interview.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in January 2011.

They called me to come in and interview five times. Once there, the single interview went smoothly. Once into the job I found out that I was lied to and that a 40 hour per week position did not exist for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you and a co-worker had a dispute. How did you resolve the issue?   View Answer