Target Commercial Interiors

Candidate Interview Review

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target Commercial Interiors in August 2011.

When the job position was made public online, I had industry related co-workers email personal "recommending this person" (me) as a candidate for the position. The hiring manager thanked them and referred my resume to the company recruiter assigned to the job number for processing. The recruiter called and set up a phone interview for the following day. At the appointed time, the phone interview proceeded and the recruiter asked some basic questions to familiarize herself with the job position. She admitted that she had only been in her position for less than two months and from the questions she asked, she really did not understand the different facets of the job function and demands. Her two behavioral questions were brief and I could practically hear her checking them off on her checklist. She stayed within her stated 30 minute time frame and said she needed to conclude so that she conduct more interviews. Even though she was polite, friendly and punctual, I did not feel that we were even talking about anything meaningful or insightful about the posted job. I made a point of closing by reviewing the important keywords and attributes of a successful candidate and that I could help the sales team gain more sales and market share because of my years of experience in the industry. I did not move onto the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Business weakness?   View Answer
    • Did you ever go against management's policies / direction and what did you do?   View Answer