Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – They called me and asked me if I'm interested working for target then they schedule an interview that process took about a week, once I interviewed, I had to take drug test that took me about another week. It's total two week process in hiring so take your time finding another job if you have to.

Interview Question – How can you achieve your most difficult task in stressful environment? What was the time when your coworker call off and you had to work in busy time?   View Answer

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at home, but for some reason it told me I had to finish the application process in the store. I went the next week to complete the application process. I waited for about a week and a half to hear from someone. I ended up calling the store to check the status of my application and was told they will be calling me back within the next week to set up an interview time. I was called back within 5 days to set up an interview, but was asked if I was able to adjust my availability, because on my application I put I was available from 8am to 10:30pm and they needed me to be available from 6:00am. I told them I really couldn't do that, but since I was in a desperate need of a job I said I could do it temporarily. The next week I went in for the interview, my first interview was with the Team Lead for the Flow Team. They just read from a sheet of paper interview questions and I guess gave it a rating. Then I was asked if I could wait and interview with the ETL for a second interview. I waited for 30 minutes. It was the same kind of process and questions from a general interview paper. I was told I had the job and to go meet with HR to finish the paper work. 2 weeks later I started my orientation and training.

Interview Question – Nothing really just questions asking what would you do in this situation, tell me of a time you had to do this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Quick process, 2 weeks to accomplish phone interviews. On-site interview was pushed out a bit due to scheduling with managers. Target paid for both a rental car and hotel room. Very hospitable.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed recruiter directly and was contacted shortly thereafter with a list of markets currently with openings. Interview process involved two separate interviews with questions primarily about my experiences. They ask that you answer the questions using the STAR model (situation, task, action, result). I would recommend making a list of situations or experiences beforehand so there isn't too much thinking of situations during the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when someone you worked with wasn't doing what they were supposed to do   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Interview Details – easy interview, customer service oriented questions,

Negotiation Details – only an hourly position

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in May 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online, got a phone call and a brief interview on the phone then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. It was one on one and the interview was pretty standard.

Interview Question – They asked me what I would do if I was shrunk down ans put into a blender.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Rockwall, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask you some basic questions and behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for Target? A big mistake you made and how did you handle it? What is the result? what is the biggest accomplishment you finished? What is the result? Any suggestions and unexpected accomplishments from your supervisor or advisor?

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Mesquite, TX

I interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied at the computer in the store. A week later I asked someone in the store about my application then took me in the back to schedule an interview date.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied online at home and got an email about coming in for initial interview. The interview consisted first of a personality test, mostly questions about hypothetical events and what you usually do in various social situations. Then I interviewed with a Team Lead, with questions on what customer service means to me.

Interview Question – It was a seasonal position, so they were really just trying to get a rough grasp of your demeanor and personality, a quick and dirty understanding of whether you can be trusted in public on your own, and then get you going. I wasn't broad-sided by any of it, but make no jokes: These are not people who are down with any tardiness and you will be drug tested same day. I don't use, so that was no problem, but keep those clocks set fast.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage seasonal, and was offered eleven cents when I was moved to a permanent position.

Softlines Team Member Interview

Softlines Team Member
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview Details – Simple. You are interviewed by HR and then by the team lead of the department you are interviewing for. Sometimes the store team lead will want to interview depending how involved they are with the store.

Interview Question – It was the usual questions like biggest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate at team member level.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 63 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.