Target

2.8

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site factory tour an executive behavioral interview. Questions were fairly predictable and straightforward. Friendly people. The recruiters responded to all inquires quickly. Factory tour was interesting, some parts of factory were blocked off to tours because of proprietary processes. Very nice pay, just in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were forced into taking a leadership position   Answer Question

In a very small town

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

First I applied online and got a call from HR almost a month later to set up an interview. There were many times to choose from so they make it easy for you to work for your schedule. When i got there i had to go through a safety checklist and sign off on it before going to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had a problem with a supervisor and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target.

Quick process, 2 weeks to accomplish phone interviews. On-site interview was pushed out a bit due to scheduling with managers. Target paid for both a rental car and hotel room. Very hospitable.

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2014.

Applied online at home, but for some reason it told me I had to finish the application process in the store. I went the next week to complete the application process. I waited for about a week and a half to hear from someone. I ended up calling the store to check the status of my application and was told they will be calling me back within the next week to set up an interview time. I was called back within 5 days to set up an interview, but was asked if I was able to adjust my availability, because on my application I put I was available from 8am to 10:30pm and they needed me to be available from 6:00am. I told them I really couldn't do that, but since I was in a desperate need of a job I said I could do it temporarily. The next week I went in for the interview, my first interview was with the Team Lead for the Flow Team. They just read from a sheet of paper interview questions and I guess gave it a rating. Then I was asked if I could wait and interview with the ETL for a second interview. I waited for 30 minutes. It was the same kind of process and questions from a general interview paper. I was told I had the job and to go meet with HR to finish the paper work. 2 weeks later I started my orientation and training.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really just questions asking what would you do in this situation, tell me of a time you had to do this.   Answer Question
    None

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Emailed recruiter directly and was contacted shortly thereafter with a list of markets currently with openings. Interview process involved two separate interviews with questions primarily about my experiences. They ask that you answer the questions using the STAR model (situation, task, action, result). I would recommend making a list of situations or experiences beforehand so there isn't too much thinking of situations during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone you worked with wasn't doing what they were supposed to do   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online at home and got an email about coming in for initial interview. The interview consisted first of a personality test, mostly questions about hypothetical events and what you usually do in various social situations. Then I interviewed with a Team Lead, with questions on what customer service means to me.

Interview Questions
    • It was a seasonal position, so they were really just trying to get a rough grasp of your demeanor and personality, a quick and dirty understanding of whether you can be trusted in public on your own, and then get you going. I wasn't broad-sided by any of it, but make no jokes: These are not people who are down with any tardiness and you will be drug tested same day. I don't use, so that was no problem, but keep those clocks set fast.   Answer Question
    Minimum wage seasonal, and was offered eleven cents when I was moved to a permanent position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

Ask you some basic questions and behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for Target? A big mistake you made and how did you handle it? What is the result? what is the biggest accomplishment you finished? What is the result? Any suggestions and unexpected accomplishments from your supervisor or advisor?

No negotiation.

Operational Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

long and in depth interview. Had to take a online math test prior to on site. After 2 phone interviews I was asked to go to Denton for on site. Interview went well and the people were very friendly. They ended up giving job to a current target employee over me. I understand their reasoning as they stated during the interview they try to hire in house as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of the questions were really difficult. Expect a lot of "tell me about a time when" questions.   Answer Question

Overnight Flowteam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

As straight and forward as you can get. If you have interviewed with other companies, this will be no different. In most cases, you'll be interviewed by two, but mostly three people. Then if you pass, which in most cases(unless you are completely worthless), you will, you sign some more paper work, take the usual drug test, and if you passed that, you get to come in with some other new hires, for orientation to watch some videos and ask some question. Not to much to it.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't any, unless you think "Where do you see yourself in five year?", a hard question.   Answer Question
    They're trying to get the cheapest labor they can, that can do the job they need. So you might as well forget it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in November 2013.

I showed up 30 mintues before my interview was scheduled, and waited another 30 minutes for my interview took place. They ask the basic questions, where have worked, what have you done this situation, and what would you do in this situation. AFter that, a second interview took place with a different supervisor 20 minutes later. Same thing really, except for she had emphasized on the promotion of the Target Red Card. Then I got the job.