Target

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution/Operations Intern Interview

Distribution/Operations Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted to do a phone interview by an HR director, very nice person. It has been 3 weeks and I have not heard anything after the interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, basic behavioral "describe a time when you had a disagreement with a team member.." After you have to complete an online assessment that takes about an hour or two   Answer Question

Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – On-campus initial interview. STAR-based questions. 2nd round interview and tour at distribution center. More behvaioral-based questions. Very open working environment.

Interview Question – Do not feel comfortable revealing questions.   Answer Question

Distribution Operation Interns Interview

Distribution Operation Interns

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. career fair 2. face to face interview 3. phone interview. I was a little late so i just jumped o the phone interview then asked to finish an assessment

Interview Question – regular interview questions   Answer Question

Distribution Operation Intern Interview

Distribution Operation Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – You will apply online. Then a recruiter will get in contact if they are still interested. Then it will start with a phone interview and move on to an onsite interview.

Interview Question – They asked me questions about my most related school project   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Interview Details – Met with Target at a career fair. Spoke with a couple recruiters for about 20 minutes. The next day I received an e-mail invitation for an on-campus interview.I interviewed on campus. Then was called a few months later for a second interview. Every person I met from Target was friendly and inviting. I was nervous prior to the interviews but once the interview started it felt very natural like a conversation.

Interview Question – All the questions are behavioral. Therefore, they were all pretty challenging. Most, if not all, the questions asked to describe a situation, the task involved, the action I took and the results obtained.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – I met with a campus recruiter and was contacted a week later about the position. I was contacted by email, and an initial interview was set-up. The initial interview was about 20 minutes long and consisted of four questions. The questions were situational, I was asked what I did in a certain situation, and the outcome of the situation.

Interview Question – Most of the question weren't too unexpected, the most difficult question that was asked was "what is my weakness," because it was followed with "what am I doing to improve this weakness," which I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They first emailed me saying that they would be interested in speaking with me through phone. During the phone interview, they asked me basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to work in the Distribution Operations field.

Interview Question – What do you know about Target?   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – One phone interview that was like a screening process and then two in person interviews about half an hour each with four managers. All behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you saw something unethical and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Woodland, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Great experience. This is a behavioral based interview, like so many companies use these days. The recruiter helped me ace it! The recruiter also gave me information about the position, gave me hints and ideas to consider when interviewing, and genuinely cared about whether or not I received the position in the end. I still have a relationship with the recruiter even though the internship experience is over.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. A simple google search for "behavior interview questions" will give you a list of things you can expect to be asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. As an intern, wages are set to be equal among all interns.

Stuarts Draft, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – They first picked me up at the Virginia Tech career fair. I spoke with a really nice recruiter, and she took my resume and said they may call me for an interview. About a week later I got called to have an interview on campus. I had the interview and they asked me about 5 behavior based questions (ex: tell me about a time you were leading a group and an unforeseen hurdle came up). After that I heard from them about a week later asking me to take a personality test. The test consisted of about 75 personality questions (Ex: my friends come to me for advice. Strongly disagree, strongly agree, etc.). The second part of the test was rather hard - it consisted of a bunch of logic questions involving number sequences, scheduling problems, etc. 2 days after taking that test I received an email asking me to come to the distribution center in Stuarts Draft, VA for a tour of the facility and 2 more interviews. There they gave us papers to take a drug test and we had our interviews following the tours. The interviews were the same thing as before: all behavioral based/situation questions. BE PREPARED FOR THIS. A week later I received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates and that it is against their policy to provide feedback.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!