Target Distribution Operations Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Distribution/Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Was contacted to do a phone interview by an HR director, very nice person. It has been 3 weeks and I have not heard anything after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions, basic behavioral "describe a time when you had a disagreement with a team member.." After you have to complete an online assessment that takes about an hour or two   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

On-campus initial interview. STAR-based questions. 2nd round interview and tour at distribution center. More behvaioral-based questions. Very open working environment.

Distribution Operation Interns Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

1. career fair 2. face to face interview 3. phone interview. I was a little late so i just jumped o the phone interview then asked to finish an assessment

Distribution Operation Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

You will apply online. Then a recruiter will get in contact if they are still interested. Then it will start with a phone interview and move on to an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me questions about my most related school project   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Met with Target at a career fair. Spoke with a couple recruiters for about 20 minutes. The next day I received an e-mail invitation for an on-campus interview.I interviewed on campus. Then was called a few months later for a second interview. Every person I met from Target was friendly and inviting. I was nervous prior to the interviews but once the interview started it felt very natural like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are behavioral. Therefore, they were all pretty challenging. Most, if not all, the questions asked to describe a situation, the task involved, the action I took and the results obtained.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

I met with a campus recruiter and was contacted a week later about the position. I was contacted by email, and an initial interview was set-up. The initial interview was about 20 minutes long and consisted of four questions. The questions were situational, I was asked what I did in a certain situation, and the outcome of the situation.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the question weren't too unexpected, the most difficult question that was asked was "what is my weakness," because it was followed with "what am I doing to improve this weakness," which I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

They first emailed me saying that they would be interested in speaking with me through phone. During the phone interview, they asked me basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to work in the Distribution Operations field.

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

One phone interview that was like a screening process and then two in person interviews about half an hour each with four managers. All behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you saw something unethical and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Great experience. This is a behavioral based interview, like so many companies use these days. The recruiter helped me ace it! The recruiter also gave me information about the position, gave me hints and ideas to consider when interviewing, and genuinely cared about whether or not I received the position in the end. I still have a relationship with the recruiter even though the internship experience is over.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. A simple google search for "behavior interview questions" will give you a list of things you can expect to be asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. As an intern, wages are set to be equal among all interns.

Anonymous Employee  in  Stuarts Draft, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

They first picked me up at the Virginia Tech career fair. I spoke with a really nice recruiter, and she took my resume and said they may call me for an interview. About a week later I got called to have an interview on campus. I had the interview and they asked me about 5 behavior based questions (ex: tell me about a time you were leading a group and an unforeseen hurdle came up). After that I heard from them about a week later asking me to take a personality test. The test consisted of about 75 personality questions (Ex: my friends come to me for advice. Strongly disagree, strongly agree, etc.). The second part of the test was rather hard - it consisted of a bunch of logic questions involving number sequences, scheduling problems, etc. 2 days after taking that test I received an email asking me to come to the distribution center in Stuarts Draft, VA for a tour of the facility and 2 more interviews. There they gave us papers to take a drug test and we had our interviews following the tours. The interviews were the same thing as before: all behavioral based/situation questions. BE PREPARED FOR THIS. A week later I received an email saying they were pursuing other candidates and that it is against their policy to provide feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!