Target ETL Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ETL - Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Still going through interview process. All behavioral, STAR method questions. Tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle? Tell me about a time when you leveraged a group to get something done? Offered exceptional customer service?

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you created a strategy to achieve a longterm business goal?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

SBO Style....you are given a Situation....you need to describe the Behavior using leadership skills explain the Outcome. The interview process consisted on several phases....in each phase you had 2 interviewer, one asking questions and one taking notes.....rotating this process throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are designed to access you leadership skills in regard to Accountability, Drive For Results, Manage Execution; Critical Thinking, Demonstrate Courage ...An Example would be : Describe a time when you had to challenge a member of management on unethical behavior.   View Answer
    You are always able to negotiate ... as HR I frequently saw inconsistencies in salaries in regard to exempt level positions.

ETL Human Resources Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

I had an initial interview with an internal recruiter, followed me an interview with an STL at one store, then another interview with another STL at another store and lastly with 2 area team leaders (don't remember technical title). 2 days later I received a call from the internal recruiter stating they wanted to offer me a position as a team leader in the front end of the store.

Interview Questions

Clearly the offer wasn't what I was interviewed for and felt like it was a huge waste of my time. The job they offered is what I did as a 16 year old working for a grocery store in high school- nothing wrong with the job but you should be clear and not deceitful. I've been out of college for 10 years and have managed up to 400 people, seems they need to do their homework before offending highly qualified candidates. I've since accepted another real HR position making twice what they were offering.

ETL-Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

The interview process at Target was pretty smooth and highlly organized. I had a initial phone interview and then moved on and spoke with a senior recruiter via phone. Both interviews consisted of situational type questions. My next step was a instore interview with a Store Manager and his boss ( Business Manager). More have you ever or tell me questions were asked. I then moved on to the District HR person and had a little chat about the company and what my responsibilites would be.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give your boss bad news about your work performance?   Answer Question
    I was offerred the max salary.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!