Target

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

ETL Human Resources Interview

ETL Human Resources

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – SBO Style....you are given a Situation....you need to describe the Behavior using leadership skills explain the Outcome. The interview process consisted on several phases....in each phase you had 2 interviewer, one asking questions and one taking notes.....rotating this process throughout the interview process.

Interview Question – The questions are designed to access you leadership skills in regard to Accountability, Drive For Results, Manage Execution; Critical Thinking, Demonstrate Courage ...An Example would be : Describe a time when you had to challenge a member of management on unethical behavior.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are always able to negotiate ... as HR I frequently saw inconsistencies in salaries in regard to exempt level positions.

ETL Human Resources Interview

ETL Human Resources

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with an internal recruiter, followed me an interview with an STL at one store, then another interview with another STL at another store and lastly with 2 area team leaders (don't remember technical title). 2 days later I received a call from the internal recruiter stating they wanted to offer me a position as a team leader in the front end of the store.

Interview Question – What is a time you had to disappoint your boss   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Clearly the offer wasn't what I was interviewed for and felt like it was a huge waste of my time. The job they offered is what I did as a 16 year old working for a grocery store in high school- nothing wrong with the job but you should be clear and not deceitful. I've been out of college for 10 years and have managed up to 400 people, seems they need to do their homework before offending highly qualified candidates. I've since accepted another real HR position making twice what they were offering.

ETL-Human Resources Interview

ETL-Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process at Target was pretty smooth and highlly organized. I had a initial phone interview and then moved on and spoke with a senior recruiter via phone. Both interviews consisted of situational type questions. My next step was a instore interview with a Store Manager and his boss ( Business Manager). More have you ever or tell me questions were asked. I then moved on to the District HR person and had a little chat about the company and what my responsibilites would be.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to give your boss bad news about your work performance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offerred the max salary.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!