Target

Average Difficulty
76 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – 3 interviews. all questions posted online, talk as long as you can and try to hit as many points as you can lie and elaborate to make things seem bigger

Interview Question – mostly strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

ETL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Was referred for the position by a friend. Completed 5 interviews that focused on leadership experience and skills. Each interview was pretty similar to the next in format, though questions did get slightly more in depth as you progress.

Overall, took almost 2 months to complete the process and another 3 weeks to begin training. Everyone was super nice and personable and was very informative when I asked for information more information along the way. That is the key though: you have to ask! Otherwise they'll just leave you out of the loop and make critical decisions about your job and location etc without you even knowing. Still not sure if this is intentional or not.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room for negotiation

Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – For most people it was a long and tedious process. others it was a matter of weeks. for me it was about 2 months total. several rounds of interviews. 1 interview has several interviewers. Final interview is with the district team leader. Typical management/ situational questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

ETL

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Situational based interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about the last time you challenged your boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer you a salary based on experience.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews with Management

Interview Question – All Basic behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Kansas City, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed about next day interviews at my campus. The first interview was simply answering PAR (Problem, Action, Result) based questions about 6 questions. After I passed the first interview I was emailed a questionnaire that has many situations and asks you what you would do. It takes about 2 hrs. The second interview lasted 30 mins and had 6-7 questions like the first. Third interview was the same as the second. Last interview was a phone interview with the area coordinator big shot that lasted 30 mins long, with 5-6 questions. The last interview they ask about your GPA. I was emailed two days later with a generic email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Question – When was a time that you made a mistake and how did you go about fixing it?   View Answer

ETL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview process is different then most employers. Target is looking for leaders, so any thing you can say about past leadership experience is a plus.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss. What was the situation and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate, but doesn't hurt to try.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone intereview in one week, the interview was pretty basic all situational questions that prompted information from past experience. Online assesment took 1 hour to complete consisted of situation based questions and LSAT type logic questions.

Interview Question – Logic assesment 20 questions to be completed in 20 minutes. I only completed 16 of the questions   Answer Question

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews with STAR questions

Interview Question – Tell me a out a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

ETL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Over the phone screening. Asked about job experiences, strengths, weakness, etc. The typical things that you get asked during a preliminary screening. The most difficult question is finding your faults and making them not sound horrible.Simply didnt have the experience for the job or to properly answer the recruiter's questions. Make sure you are properly prepared and truly believe that you are right for the job.

Interview Question – . The most difficult question is finding your faults and making them not sound horrible.Simply didnt have the experience for the job or to properly answer the recruiter's questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!