Target ETL Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.3

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

There can be up to two to three interviews for one position, so be prepared. They can turn you down at any point of the interview process. It's based on situational based outcome questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, first interview was fairly easy with simple behavioral questions such as give me a time when you had to build a relationship with a boss. Second interview was pretty much the same, third gave far more complex questions but was structured similarly. The final interview was on site.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you changed your day to day activities because of a long term goal.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Interview was situation based questions averaging 5-6 questions for each of the 3 separate interviews. Questions are best answered in a format beginning with the situation then your behaviors and followed by the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just come prepared with great examples of your leadership in different types of situations.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Had 2 phone interviews and then 2 in person interviews and then one final phone interview. The questions were the usual behavioral questions that have been posted here before. For example, name a time when you had to work on a group project. It was a pretty long interview process overall. The phone interviews were with current Store Managers in your district. Then, you have an in person interview with another Store Manager. Then, you have an in person interview with your District Manager. Then, you have a final phone screen with a few higher group managers that only asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was why I chose to go to the college I went to. They seemed to be looking for someone who goes after what they want and is sure of what they want which is why the question was posed. That being said, it threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

easy - panel interview after phone screen and online test

be prepared to answer questions on strengths and weaknesses and how you address those

How others would describe you that you have previously managed

be prepared to talk about how you handled something that didn't go well

easy - offer was good and considered previous experience

ETL Interview

3 interviews. all questions posted online, talk as long as you can and try to hit as many points as you can lie and elaborate to make things seem bigger

ETL Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Was referred for the position by a friend. Completed 5 interviews that focused on leadership experience and skills. Each interview was pretty similar to the next in format, though questions did get slightly more in depth as you progress.

Overall, took almost 2 months to complete the process and another 3 weeks to begin training. Everyone was super nice and personable and was very informative when I asked for information more information along the way. That is the key though: you have to ask! Otherwise they'll just leave you out of the loop and make critical decisions about your job and location etc without you even knowing. Still not sure if this is intentional or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    very little room for negotiation

ETL Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Situational based interviews.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they offer you a salary based on experience.

3 Interviews with Management

None

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview process is different then most employers. Target is looking for leaders, so any thing you can say about past leadership experience is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss. What was the situation and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate, but doesn't hurt to try.