Target ETL Interview Questions & Reviews

77 interviews

3.3

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ETL Interview

easy - panel interview after phone screen and online test

be prepared to answer questions on strengths and weaknesses and how you address those

How others would describe you that you have previously managed

be prepared to talk about how you handled something that didn't go well

easy - offer was good and considered previous experience

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Interview

3 interviews. all questions posted online, talk as long as you can and try to hit as many points as you can lie and elaborate to make things seem bigger

ETL Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Was referred for the position by a friend. Completed 5 interviews that focused on leadership experience and skills. Each interview was pretty similar to the next in format, though questions did get slightly more in depth as you progress.

Overall, took almost 2 months to complete the process and another 3 weeks to begin training. Everyone was super nice and personable and was very informative when I asked for information more information along the way. That is the key though: you have to ask! Otherwise they'll just leave you out of the loop and make critical decisions about your job and location etc without you even knowing. Still not sure if this is intentional or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    very little room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

For most people it was a long and tedious process. others it was a matter of weeks. for me it was about 2 months total. several rounds of interviews. 1 interview has several interviewers. Final interview is with the district team leader. Typical management/ situational questions.

ETL Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

Situational based interviews.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they offer you a salary based on experience.

3 Interviews with Management

None

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I was emailed about next day interviews at my campus. The first interview was simply answering PAR (Problem, Action, Result) based questions about 6 questions. After I passed the first interview I was emailed a questionnaire that has many situations and asks you what you would do. It takes about 2 hrs. The second interview lasted 30 mins and had 6-7 questions like the first. Third interview was the same as the second. Last interview was a phone interview with the area coordinator big shot that lasted 30 mins long, with 5-6 questions. The last interview they ask about your GPA. I was emailed two days later with a generic email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you made a mistake and how did you go about fixing it?   View Answer

ETL Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview process is different then most employers. Target is looking for leaders, so any thing you can say about past leadership experience is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss. What was the situation and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate, but doesn't hurt to try.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Applied online, phone intereview in one week, the interview was pretty basic all situational questions that prompted information from past experience. Online assesment took 1 hour to complete consisted of situation based questions and LSAT type logic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Logic assesment 20 questions to be completed in 20 minutes. I only completed 16 of the questions   Answer Question

4 rounds of interviews with STAR questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!