Target ETL Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Muncy, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter, behavioral interview with recruiter, face-to-face interview with Store Leader and another ETL, phone interview with HR Business Partner. All the questions were behavioral. Make sure you know why you want to work for Target and why retail. Phone interviews are hard to gauge because you are unable to read the interviewers non-verbals and they seemed rushed to get off the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you motivated a team to accomplish something.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in February 2015.

Interview

first step of the interview process was pretty straightforward.basic behavioral questions. i was interviewd by two different people,at different times on thesame day. The interviewers were friendly and made me feel relaxed.The second stage was the phone interview.The lady sounded rude,like she couldn't wait to get off the phone.

Interview Questions

• example of a time when you gave exceptional customer service. time when you managed conflict time when you made a mistake time when you went beyond the call of duty time when you took initiative time when gave feedback time when you had to tell someone about a decision that would affect them   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Phone and face interviews. Dealt mostly with recruiters. Interviews were all the same. Speak well, sound fun, sound like you love target and couldn't live without it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and got it

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Windsor, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter emailed me a month later and gave me a time for an interview. Time came and went- She blew me off. I sent her an email and asked if there was an error in timing or days since I had not heard. She said yes, weather in her area caused the boss to send her home early that day and that it was going to be rescheduled for X time the next day. I quickly re-arranged my schedule as she did not give me an option for time (it was take it or leave it). Time came again- no call. I again emailed her to see what had happened. She supposedly had gone home "sick". This time she scheduled me again at a convenient time for me- blew me off yet a third time! No desire to even work there or be a customer after this experience

ETL Interview

Interview

4-5 interviews. O If you make it to the DTL you should have the job. You have to have a good interview with the STL because he will tell the DTL if you are really wanted or not. Speak to the team in your answers. Show the STL you want this job and you need this job.

ETL Interview

Interview

one month long. very easy interviews. all situation based questions. went to second round of interviews but was not offered a position. Very nice people in the company but takes long to work your way up as an employee. made me travel an hour for the second round of interviews and did not comp me for gas money.

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Met at campus event. Very quick and straight forward interview process. One interview on one day. Two interviews on another day if they want you back. Final interview scheduled for later. Situation based questions to be answered using the star method.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked with others to achieve a goal?   1 Answer

ETL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

There can be up to two to three interviews for one position, so be prepared. They can turn you down at any point of the interview process. It's based on situational based outcome questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a boss.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via linkedin had informal phone interview. Was contacted a day later to schedule interview with stl. Showed up and had 3 interviews the same day 2 seperate ones with stls and one with district manager on friday. Was contacted a few days later to schedule a last interview. Next day I was notified that I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave up one commitment to satisfy another.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, first interview was fairly easy with simple behavioral questions such as give me a time when you had to build a relationship with a boss. Second interview was pretty much the same, third gave far more complex questions but was structured similarly. The final interview was on site.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you changed your day to day activities because of a long term goal.   Answer Question