Target

3.3

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

I was emailed about next day interviews at my campus. The first interview was simply answering PAR (Problem, Action, Result) based questions about 6 questions. After I passed the first interview I was emailed a questionnaire that has many situations and asks you what you would do. It takes about 2 hrs. The second interview lasted 30 mins and had 6-7 questions like the first. Third interview was the same as the second. Last interview was a phone interview with the area coordinator big shot that lasted 30 mins long, with 5-6 questions. The last interview they ask about your GPA. I was emailed two days later with a generic email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time that you made a mistake and how did you go about fixing it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

ETL Interview

Round robin interview process. You interview with a recruiter, then a store manager and then a district manager. They also have you interview with an HR sometimes. The questions are all situationally based (ex. Tell me about a time...). Answer with a situation, what YOU did and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to make something fun, that was not going well, or fun.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target in May 2013.

Was pretty rigid, first round was on campus and they asked me a series of behavioral questions. After that i got a call back about a week later inviting me for the second round at one of the target locations.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time when you helped someone else become a leader?   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

First applied online, then received a phone call interview, then I had to take a behavioral test along with some simple math/logic type questions. Then had to meet with a store team leader. It went well, then had to meet with District team leader. Now I'm just awaiting the final interview later this week with the HR manager and whoever else feels like joining in on it. Silly that they will be asking all these questions again, but hey, Target is successful at what they do, so who am I to doubt their process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision based on a lot of new information.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Initial phone interview is very basic and as described in other submissions on this website. STARS style questions attempting to determine results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Illinois City, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Illinois City, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

I had 3 interviews, currently waiting on a meet and greet with another DM. I was told by one DM that target hires attributes that they can't teach you themselves. With that being said Smile! Show lots of personality! Presentation is everything dress professionally! Be attentive! Good Articulation.

Interview Questions
    • I found every last question they asked me on this site!! "tell me about a time..." Just be sure to use the STAR method. Tell the situation, the actions you took and remember the results! Always use examples that show your leadership! Be comfortable, and confident, sit up straight, rest your arms on the arm rest if you don't know what to do with your hands so that you appear confident. Try and lead the conversation that puts them in the position to do most of the talking and shows that you are really interested. (Ask most of the questions) OH, have good questions to ask at the end. When you see that they are elaborating on the job and what it offers and side barring that's usually a good sign. Just make the experience a good conversation.

I took the assessment, always answer with strong agree strong disagree! DO NOT tell the truth (sadly) answer as if you were NED FLanders! Ex, No, I dont know thieves( saying you know someone who steals says that you hang with them and you might be one) Yes, I like big crowds! Yes, I like ppl to bother me while I'm working! etc. Stay consistent with your responses. They use a red, yellow, and green method. As long as you are in the yellow and green you're fine.

I was told that salary was 49k-52 for entry level etls. I plan to negotiate ( Look up "the briefcase effect tips on negotiating)

BE PREPARED! What every you don't know google it!

Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

I filled application online and also download my resume along with it. HR e-mail to set up a phone get to know you interview within two days. After the interview she told me I passed and will be moving on to the next phase. I meet with STL and DTL face to face interview in a local target store. It went well, they both were very nice. I pass that interview and HR call me right away the next day to schedule a phone interview with the group leader. A week later I interview with the group leader in the morning and in the afternoon HR call me and said I got the job.
    I do not have retail management experience but I do have 4 years of management experience. I know that target look for young fit people so I do work out and lose about 20LB before my job interview :)

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. I already told them during my initial (first phone interview) that I want $70K. That's what I got

ETL Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

I received a phone call offering an interview but was driving so I couldn't pick up. By the time I returned the phone call (an hour later), they said that interview spots have been filled up. However, a couple of days later, I received another phone call offering another interview. This time, they gave me a date and time. On the day of the interview, I had two interviews. They pretty much asked the similar questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

I booked a trip right after they said that their interview spots were filled up, and they could not wait for me to complete my 3 week vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Phone interview
    One on one interview and another phone interview coming up

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2012.

Your first point of contact will be with a recruiter over the phone. Then you will likely do a phone interview where they will ask you why you want to work at Target. Then they will ask you situational questions about your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a difficult decision in a short period of time, what did you do?   Answer Question