Target

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2013.

Did an online application and was automatically rejected. Had a friend who worked there put in a word to HR and I received a call later that day. I did a phone interview three days after and made it to an in-store interview. I was hired on the spot and did my drug test same day. My results didnt come in for another week andI began some work as a cashier. I used Glassdoor to prep. All the questions have been posted here. Just use your own discretion and be creative with answers.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Electronics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I got a call asking to come in for the interview. As long as you're bubbly target will hire you. I don't even remember all the questions they asked me but it was as soon as she got done asking me questions I was hired and started working the next couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in September 2010.

Went through 3 interviews, it was quite a long process. Working wasnt bad but you were definantely working for a red-army.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, 7.75 starting pay. GIlbert AZ.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview are different than most interviews, less has a lot of "what if" situations, wants you to describe previous situation in work history where you've encounter "x" problem or how did you respond to "x" situation

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you've failed in your previours employment and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    little, offered job and accept it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in August 2009.

I applied online and was then called a few weeks later from the HR rep at the store I applied to. I was then called in for an in person interview and there were around 5 other people there for different areas of the store. I did 3 separate interviews without leaving the same room.

The first consisted of past job experience and why Target? I also had to answer a series of simple questions about dealing with difficult customers and how I reacted to it all and handled it.

The second interview was about my strengths and weaknesses and what my interests in general were, so essentially they were trying to see where I fitted into the store.

And the third interview was with the HR lady who basically hired me on the spot and we then went over pay details and orientation and training stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a previous job experience where you had to deal with both a difficult employee and a aggravated customer at the same time, and describe how you resolved it   Answer Question
    It wasnt really negotiation, I just needed a part time job, so I took it.