Target Electronics Team Member Interview Questions

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online through their website, and got a call to come in for an interview the next day. I came in and met with the head HR for my store. She took me to her office and asked me some questions about my job experience, and life. For example, Would your teachers say they like you? What was a time you failed to meet an expectation, and how did you handle it? After my meeting with her I had a meeting with another LOD who asked me some similar questions.
They told me that they have you interview with two managers so that they get two different opinions. They went and discussed my application for a few minutes. Then I was sat down and officially offered my pick of three positions( Morning Truck Unloader, Cashier, and Electronics Team Member) I accepted the Electronics Team Members position, and was given a paper with the drug testing information on it. ( had to take it within 24 hours of receiving my conditional proposal).

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you failed to meet an expectation, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
It felt like there was maybe some room for negotiation, but I was happy with the initial offer of 8.50 an hour. I would advise to not be greedy and listen to what they offer and work up or down as needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Electronics Team Member Interview

Phone call, then you interview with 2-3 managers, if they like you, they'll offer you a job then and there, if not, you'll get an email saying "Sorry, we don't want you, but thannnnks!"

Interview Questions
    • Having ten bosses, and not getting help from any of them   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

First when you come to the interview, you take a short quiz that tests your integrity and ability to negotiate difficult and ethical situations, such as what to do if you see a customer or fellow employee stealing. Next you meet with a lower level manager (called a team lead). If you complete the first interview successfully, you next meet with a senior manager (called executive team lead).

Interview Questions
    • How have you shown leadership in your past job / other life activities?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, however the base salaries are generally fairly above minimum wage

Electronic Team Members Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in November 2013.

It was an easy interview just be comfortable and you will get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Electronics Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2013.

Applied online and got called in for an interview with two team leads.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had trouble completing a job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

Applied online, received a phone call about one or two weeks later from HR Went in for the interview, I arrived 15 mins early, prior to the interview they had me fill out another online about me survey using the computer kiosk at Guest Services. After I was done with the survey, they called me in for the first Interview with the HR manager, after that I talked to the department manager, and after that an LOD. once that was done the HR manager came back and offered me an hourly rate+department. Once that was done, she handed me papers, orientation information, and drug test papers, etc...took about a week for everything to clear, started orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions regarding your previous work experience. Also they asked questions that were "about me" questions...I always find those the most difficult. Not a fan of talking about myself.   Answer Question
    originally they were going to offer me like 8 dollars or something an hour, but instead I was able to negotiate it to 8.5 a bit more than my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in May 2012.

I applied online and got a call the next day from HR to set up an interview. First interview was with a low-level worker, almost exclusively behavioral questions. Next interview (right after, same day) was with a manager, same questions. Next interview (right after, same day) was with another manager, but this one didn't really have any questions, just talked about where I should work within the store.

Interview Questions
    Ask if they have different positions open; I got a different job than I originally applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

Lots of "what would you do" scenario questions.. and past situation questions..

Interview Questions
    • a past scenario where you turned a disgruntled customer around   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and i highly recomend you do, they may offer you a job doing something other than what you apply for but if you point that out they are honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interviews took place on the same day. First with a team leader who asked fairly standard questions and then with the HR rep which was pretty much a formality. They were impressed with my knowledge of electronics. I was required to take a drug test within X amount of days or the offer would be rescinded.

Interview Questions
    Was offered $8 ($7.25 is state minimum) because I was going to electronics.