Target

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews took place on the same day. First with a team leader who asked fairly standard questions and then with the HR rep which was pretty much a formality. They were impressed with my knowledge of electronics. I was required to take a drug test within X amount of days or the offer would be rescinded.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered $8 ($7.25 is state minimum) because I was going to electronics.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Phone call, then you interview with 2-3 managers, if they like you, they'll offer you a job then and there, if not, you'll get an email saying "Sorry, we don't want you, but thannnnks!"

Interview Question – Having ten bosses, and not getting help from any of them   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First when you come to the interview, you take a short quiz that tests your integrity and ability to negotiate difficult and ethical situations, such as what to do if you see a customer or fellow employee stealing. Next you meet with a lower level manager (called a team lead). If you complete the first interview successfully, you next meet with a senior manager (called executive team lead).

Interview Question – How have you shown leadership in your past job / other life activities?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, however the base salaries are generally fairly above minimum wage

Electronic Team Members Interview

Electronic Team Members
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was an easy interview just be comfortable and you will get the job.

Oak Lawn, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very long wait time to be called into the Interview and a long wait between first and second tier interviews. Once called in, you'll speak with a first tier team leader. They'll ask you a lot of questions dealing with your retail and customer service experiences and decision making skills. A second tier interview may follow in which you'll speak with an executive team leader who will review mostly the same questions that the previous team leader had. There may be a few new questions, but for the most part it was almost the same interview just with a different interviewer. Afterwords you will be either told that "you'll be contacted" or you will be given a job offer on the spot, in which you may also be asked to complete a drug screening within 24 hours of the job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you made a wrong decision or action and if any negative action was taken against you, and if you took action to improve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as the offer was in the range in which I was asking.

Electronics Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got called in for an interview with two team leads.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had trouble completing a job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Question – "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Vineland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called in for an initial interview in person, though I hear they do the first interview by phone now. After completion of the initial interview I waited a few minutes and had a second interview with the store manager. Shortly after that I was called into a room with the GR person and they presented an offer.

Interview Question – There aren't really any difficult questions, just be sure to think your answer through and present yourself well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Chesterfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call about one or two weeks later from HR Went in for the interview, I arrived 15 mins early, prior to the interview they had me fill out another online about me survey using the computer kiosk at Guest Services. After I was done with the survey, they called me in for the first Interview with the HR manager, after that I talked to the department manager, and after that an LOD. once that was done the HR manager came back and offered me an hourly rate+department. Once that was done, she handed me papers, orientation information, and drug test papers, etc...took about a week for everything to clear, started orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Question – They asked questions regarding your previous work experience. Also they asked questions that were "about me" questions...I always find those the most difficult. Not a fan of talking about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – originally they were going to offer me like 8 dollars or something an hour, but instead I was able to negotiate it to 8.5 a bit more than my previous job.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview Details – Got the interview due to knowing someone in the company. Many interviews in the store were earned in this fashion. Interview was very formal, but questions were fairly easy consisting of mostly anecdotal experiences. After working there for a fairly long time, the HR team member admitted to actually throwing away the paper applications, so if you can help it, apply online or on the computer in the store.

Interview Question – Name a situation in which your failed to complete a task on time and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!