Target Electronics Team Member Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Brighton, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in to the store three times. The first interview consisted of just a few questions about my work ethic, strengths and weaknesses, etc. They give you a few scenarios to talk through. The second interview was just me letting them know my availability. The third time coming to the store, I was offered the job and given a time for orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (West Covina, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied in-store. Got call back the next day for interview. Interviewed with the LOD. Just asked basic questions to see what kind of personality you are. Process was pretty easy. No on the spot hesitant questions. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team to get a difficult task done   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and got a call to come in for an interview the next day. I came in and met with the head HR for my store. She took me to her office and asked me some questions about my job experience, and life. For example, Would your teachers say they like you? What was a time you failed to meet an expectation, and how did you handle it? After my meeting with her I had a meeting with another LOD who asked me some similar questions.
    They told me that they have you interview with two managers so that they get two different opinions. They went and discussed my application for a few minutes. Then I was sat down and officially offered my pick of three positions( Morning Truck Unloader, Cashier, and Electronics Team Member) I accepted the Electronics Team Members position, and was given a paper with the drug testing information on it. ( had to take it within 24 hours of receiving my conditional proposal).

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed to meet an expectation, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It felt like there was maybe some room for negotiation, but I was happy with the initial offer of 8.50 an hour. I would advise to not be greedy and listen to what they offer and work up or down as needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Rockaway, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Received a phone call scheduling a phone interview
    3. Passed phone interview (10mins) basic senerios & what would you do type questions. Then scheduled to come in to speak to a team lead.
    4. Came in spoke to team lead asked 3 random questions (what would you do if...) then scheduled to speak to HR lead
    5. Came in spoke to HR. Was not an interview more of him telling you what the job is & how much you will be paid. Offered a job AFTER passing DRUG TEST.

Process altogether took about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone gets paid based off a chart. If you have a college degree you get paid more, if you speak another language you get paid more.

Electronics Team Member Interview

Interview

Phone call, then you interview with 2-3 managers, if they like you, they'll offer you a job then and there, if not, you'll get an email saying "Sorry, we don't want you, but thannnnks!"

Interview Questions

• Having ten bosses, and not getting help from any of them   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

First when you come to the interview, you take a short quiz that tests your integrity and ability to negotiate difficult and ethical situations, such as what to do if you see a customer or fellow employee stealing. Next you meet with a lower level manager (called a team lead). If you complete the first interview successfully, you next meet with a senior manager (called executive team lead).

Interview Questions

• How have you shown leadership in your past job / other life activities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, however the base salaries are generally fairly above minimum wage

Electronic Team Members Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an easy interview just be comfortable and you will get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Electronics Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview with two team leads.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had trouble completing a job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chesterfield, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about one or two weeks later from HR Went in for the interview, I arrived 15 mins early, prior to the interview they had me fill out another online about me survey using the computer kiosk at Guest Services. After I was done with the survey, they called me in for the first Interview with the HR manager, after that I talked to the department manager, and after that an LOD. once that was done the HR manager came back and offered me an hourly rate+department. Once that was done, she handed me papers, orientation information, and drug test papers, etc...took about a week for everything to clear, started orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding your previous work experience. Also they asked questions that were "about me" questions...I always find those the most difficult. Not a fan of talking about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

originally they were going to offer me like 8 dollars or something an hour, but instead I was able to negotiate it to 8.5 a bit more than my previous job.