Target

Getting the Interview

74 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – For most people it was a long and tedious process. others it was a matter of weeks. for me it was about 2 months total. several rounds of interviews. 1 interview has several interviewers. Final interview is with the district team leader. Typical management/ situational questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Situational based interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about the last time you challenged your boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer you a salary based on experience.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – 3 Interviews with Management

Interview Question – All Basic behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Kansas City, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed about next day interviews at my campus. The first interview was simply answering PAR (Problem, Action, Result) based questions about 6 questions. After I passed the first interview I was emailed a questionnaire that has many situations and asks you what you would do. It takes about 2 hrs. The second interview lasted 30 mins and had 6-7 questions like the first. Third interview was the same as the second. Last interview was a phone interview with the area coordinator big shot that lasted 30 mins long, with 5-6 questions. The last interview they ask about your GPA. I was emailed two days later with a generic email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Question – When was a time that you made a mistake and how did you go about fixing it?   View Answer

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview process is different then most employers. Target is looking for leaders, so any thing you can say about past leadership experience is a plus.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss. What was the situation and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate, but doesn't hurt to try.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone intereview in one week, the interview was pretty basic all situational questions that prompted information from past experience. Online assesment took 1 hour to complete consisted of situation based questions and LSAT type logic questions.

Interview Question – Logic assesment 20 questions to be completed in 20 minutes. I only completed 16 of the questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews with STAR questions

Interview Question – Tell me a out a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Over the phone screening. Asked about job experiences, strengths, weakness, etc. The typical things that you get asked during a preliminary screening. The most difficult question is finding your faults and making them not sound horrible.Simply didnt have the experience for the job or to properly answer the recruiter's questions. Make sure you are properly prepared and truly believe that you are right for the job.

Interview Question – . The most difficult question is finding your faults and making them not sound horrible.Simply didnt have the experience for the job or to properly answer the recruiter's questions.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Total of 3 interviews, although I've heard that it could be out of 4. First one was phone interview with HR asking basic questions like "why do you want to work at Target", "Tell me about a time when displayed leadership skills" etc. Second interview was with an STL at a Target location asking the same basic questions, but with the addition of 5 behavioral questions like the ones on this site. Third was with HR. Waiting for their response.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when somebody in your group was not pulling their own weight.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied at a Job fair at school, interviewed 14 days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped someone achieve?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Etl interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.