Target

Getting the Interview

54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied through college program. The interview consisted of a phone screening, following an interview with the District Team Leader. Interview lasted only 20 minutes, with behavioral questions. I received a call for an offer 30 minutes after leaving the interview.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to motivate a group of people and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Vacaville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – I did the hiring process through my college at a career fair. It consisted of a small chat with the ETLs (managers) and then an on campus interview with an STL (Store Team Leader). Afterwards, I heard back in a few weeks for an interview with the DTL (District Team Leader). Afterwards, I had a quick phone interview.

Interview Question – Show a time where you displayed integrity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fontana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went through 4 interviews. 2 were over the phone. These were only about 10 minutes long each. The first interview was with a campus liaison from my school. The second interview was from district campus liaison rep. These interviews were really easy. They just asked questions about why you wanted the job and mostly just information on getting to know you. I was given an over email assessment that lasted about an hour in between the 2nd and 3rd interview. The third interview I had was with a store team leader which lasted for about 30 minutes. A lot of behavioral type questions. She was really easy to talk to and had a great interview experience with her. The final interview was with a district manager that lasted only about 20 minutes. Once again, behavioral type questions were asked. One or two were repeats from previous interviews... but he also threw in some new ones. He didn't seem too excited about interviewing me and only gave me three questions. I was fed mixed information after the interview. They gave me a drug test package in the case I received a job offer. The district manager told me that the district liaison rep would contact me in 2-3 days and his receptionist told me that someone would contact me in about a week. About a week and a few days passed and I received no response, so I emailed the district manager receptionist to just make sure I should still anticipate a phone call or email. The next day I got an email from HR saying that I did not get the job. Overall, the experience was very weird. I feel like the process was kind of disorganized and of course disappointing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had time give up something to do something else.   View Answer

Athens, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went to college career fair and they called me within one week. Set up an interview and the questions were 100% behavioral. They are friendly, but definitely want to get the most out of you.

I found the interview process to be open and welcoming and they definitely seemed like they wanted to be there. Have the STAR technique in hand… Situation, Task, Action, and Result. They want to know how you overcame a difficult challenge and show cased leadership.

Interview Question – "How did you handle a situation where you were under pressure" "name time when you provided excellent customer service".   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Was not hired. Long interview process

Interview Question – Be prepared. Do your research. Be passionate about the position you are applying for. Hardest question was why work for target   View Answer

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – My first interview was with a store manager after having spoken with a Target representative at a college career fest. That interview went very well and I was moved onto the final interview with a regional manager. That interview was structured exactly the same, regarding the behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to give something up in order to maintain a previous commitment?   View Answer

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Met at college fair, very nice. 20 minute interview

Interview Question – Tell me about...   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Met with them at my college's career showcase and talked to one of the recruiters. At the end of the week, I received an email informing me that I had been selected to interview for the internship position. The next week I had my interview at the career resource center and the woman who interviewed me asked me four STAR type questions. The process took about 25 minutes. A few days later, I got an email saying that I didn't get the position

Interview Question – Tell me about at time where you had a disagreement with someone and how did the dispute resolve   Answer Question

Fremont, CA

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at the career fair and gave him my resume, got an email requesting an in person interview a week later. Questions they asked were basic behavior questions including Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a team member, tell me a time you provided exceptional customer service, tell us a time you failed. They are looking for people who can multitask and lead a team.

Interview Question – Tell me time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and then was selected for one of their on campus interviews. The interview was one on one for about 30 minutes were you were asked questions like "Tell me about a group project you worked on" and "Why do you want to work here?" Pretty standard interview questions. After the interview you had to complete an online test with SAT type math questions, I thought that was odd. After about a week I was not selected to move on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you knew made a mistake and what did you do to correct it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Executive Intern interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.