Target Executive Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
58 interviews

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Situational Questions- expect to answer about your past behaviors and/or actions taken. You will receive several of these questions to discuss your behavior and expect to speak about why you want to work at Target.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Several interviews, lengthy wait time, similar questions for each interview

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions revolve around problem solving, group collaboration and leadership experience. Be ready to speak to those.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Executive Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

People were really nice about everything. I applied through my school's job board and was interviewed twice. The first time was with an executive manager at a store and the second time was with a HR representative at the district office. The second interview was toward the end of the recruiting process so it was a little hard to get the second interview. I also was able to get an internship closer to where I lived since home and school isn't in the same area.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a manager .   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Executive Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Applied through college program. The interview consisted of a phone screening, following an interview with the District Team Leader. Interview lasted only 20 minutes, with behavioral questions. I received a call for an offer 30 minutes after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to motivate a group of people and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target.

I met with them at a career fair, signed up for an interview at the career fair and also applied online. Attended the interview at my career services center.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Went through 4 interviews. 2 were over the phone. These were only about 10 minutes long each. The first interview was with a campus liaison from my school. The second interview was from district campus liaison rep. These interviews were really easy. They just asked questions about why you wanted the job and mostly just information on getting to know you. I was given an over email assessment that lasted about an hour in between the 2nd and 3rd interview. The third interview I had was with a store team leader which lasted for about 30 minutes. A lot of behavioral type questions. She was really easy to talk to and had a great interview experience with her. The final interview was with a district manager that lasted only about 20 minutes. Once again, behavioral type questions were asked. One or two were repeats from previous interviews... but he also threw in some new ones. He didn't seem too excited about interviewing me and only gave me three questions. I was fed mixed information after the interview. They gave me a drug test package in the case I received a job offer. The district manager told me that the district liaison rep would contact me in 2-3 days and his receptionist told me that someone would contact me in about a week. About a week and a few days passed and I received no response, so I emailed the district manager receptionist to just make sure I should still anticipate a phone call or email. The next day I got an email from HR saying that I did not get the job. Overall, the experience was very weird. I feel like the process was kind of disorganized and of course disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had time give up something to do something else.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

I did the hiring process through my college at a career fair. It consisted of a small chat with the ETLs (managers) and then an on campus interview with an STL (Store Team Leader). Afterwards, I heard back in a few weeks for an interview with the DTL (District Team Leader). Afterwards, I had a quick phone interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Went to college career fair and they called me within one week. Set up an interview and the questions were 100% behavioral. They are friendly, but definitely want to get the most out of you.

I found the interview process to be open and welcoming and they definitely seemed like they wanted to be there. Have the STAR technique in hand… Situation, Task, Action, and Result. They want to know how you overcame a difficult challenge and show cased leadership.

Interview Questions
    • "How did you handle a situation where you were under pressure" "name time when you provided excellent customer service".   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

Was not hired. Long interview process

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared. Do your research. Be passionate about the position you are applying for. Hardest question was why work for target   View Answer

Executive Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

My first interview was with a store manager after having spoken with a Target representative at a college career fest. That interview went very well and I was moved onto the final interview with a regional manager. That interview was structured exactly the same, regarding the behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to give something up in order to maintain a previous commitment?   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!