Target

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Overall a good interview. Two people - one asked questions while the other was writing my responses. All the questions were behavioral questions. He will ask you to elaborate will questions like "how" and "tell me more"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation is a professional manner.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The hiring process was great. I met with recruiters at my college career fair and was selected for a first round interview.

The first interview was very basic with questions such as, "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want to work for target", "Tell me about a time" questions that related to experience in group projects.

For the second round, I met with the District Team leader and a Store team leader. Again, there were "Tell me about a time" questions. Also, "where do you see yourself in five years". It is good to relate your experiences to team work and leadership.

I had a third round (phone interview) with the District Team leader from a different region (because I wanted to work full-time in that region instead). So that was an opportunity for me to meet someone from that area and get approval to work there upon completion of my internship. (Note: this third round was an exception for me since I wanted to work in a different region than where I would be interning at)

My final round interview was over the phone with the Group Director. This interview was much more of an interview than I thought it would be. I expected it to be a little bit more basic since I already went through 3 interviews, but I was still asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – "Who is the most difficult to manage?"   Answer Question

Executive Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 1st they brought me into the store interview with the STL. After that I made it to the next interview. I got a call from the HR worker letting me know that I was going to interview with district team leader. I had my interview with him and then I got a e-mail letting me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – They asked experience based questions such as name a Time when you had conflict with a co worker and how did you overcome that conflict   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews, one with the campus recruiter, one with the store team leader, and one with the district team leader.

Interview Question – The questions varied but the most important thing is to be fast, fun, and friendly. Confidence in your answers and focusing on times you demonstrated higher level thinking will get you the gig.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told what I would be making and wasn't given much opportunity to negotiate the terms

Executive Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career services website. I was contacted for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was pretty basic with behavioral questions. Some examples: Tell us about a time you knew you made a mistake, tell us about a group project you've worked on, tell us about a time when you had to change your leadership style. I though everything went well, but I did not make it to the next round.

Interview Question – No particularly hard questions   Answer Question

Executive Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I am still in the process of interviewing. Target does their interview through campus recruiting. I have had one interview with a STL and an ETL. The ETL was originally an intern, which was nice to have during the process. A lot of the questions they asked were behavioral. It was a really great experience and I am excited for my second interview tomorrow.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you have made.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – Met them at a college fair, got a phone screening, got an in person interview. Honestly I didn't really connect with them, all three people I talked to at each step did not seem that excited, which was disappointing because I had high hopes for getting the internship

Interview Question – tell me more about your resume   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – the interview went pretty well. The guy was super easy to talk to and was very enjoyable I prepared by researching common behavioral questions and thinking of important work experience from my life. He asked five questions but the total interview took about 45 minutes because everything was elaborated. I received a call for a second round interview.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to make two opposing sides agree?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Interview Details – I noticed that Target was going to be at my campus' career fair. I went ahead and submitted by resume the night before, and met with a recruiter at the career fair. Recruiter was okay, he asked for another copy of my resume. Received an offer for an on-campus interview the following Monday.

The interview was with a store team leader and executive team leader of human resources. The store leader did most of the talking, the ETL just wrote down my responses.

The STL didn't seem overally interested in the interview or that he even wanted to be there. He read all the questions from the sheet. He stared at me or peered over his glasses. No feedback whatsoever. While I tried to keep my answers short, about 30 seconds into my response, he would cut me off.

I work for competitor (a much, much weaker competitor) and he made remarks about the fact that I worked for the "joke of the retail industry." When I asked him what he liked about his job, he replied "Well, everyone likes target! I used to be like you, I worked for a company that everybody hated!"

I knew I didn't get to the next step because anytime I asked about the internship or what the typical day looks like he said, "Well you would have been doing..." or "Other interns will be doing..." Asking what the next step of the process entailed got me the response of "Well, you'll get an e-mail."

I've had several other interviews with other companies. Never as unprofessional as this. After reading other people's reviews, it seems this interviewer was the expectation and not the rule. I'm sure if I had another interviewer, I could have aced it.

Interview Question – Why does your current company like you enough to give you an internship?   View Answer

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – There's an online assessment that you have to complete before going to the interviews. I had one on-campus interview, one interview at a Target store. They both took aout an hour each, and the questions were very basic behavioral questions. The position is geared towards people who are looking to become retail managers in the future. HR was very nice and helpful with how to prepare for the interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a mistake that you made.   Answer Question