Target

www.target.com

Target Executive Intern Interview Questions

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Intern Interview

the interview went pretty well. The guy was super easy to talk to and was very enjoyable I prepared by researching common behavioral questions and thinking of important work experience from my life. He asked five questions but the total interview took about 45 minutes because everything was elaborated. I received a call for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time that you had to make two opposing sides agree?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in March 2013.

I applied through my school's career services website. I was contacted for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was pretty basic with behavioral questions. Some examples: Tell us about a time you knew you made a mistake, tell us about a group project you've worked on, tell us about a time when you had to change your leadership style. I though everything went well, but I did not make it to the next round.

Executive Intern Interview

There's an online assessment that you have to complete before going to the interviews. I had one on-campus interview, one interview at a Target store. They both took aout an hour each, and the questions were very basic behavioral questions. The position is geared towards people who are looking to become retail managers in the future. HR was very nice and helpful with how to prepare for the interviews.

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

I noticed that Target was going to be at my campus' career fair. I went ahead and submitted by resume the night before, and met with a recruiter at the career fair. Recruiter was okay, he asked for another copy of my resume. Received an offer for an on-campus interview the following Monday.

The interview was with a store team leader and executive team leader of human resources. The store leader did most of the talking, the ETL just wrote down my responses.

The STL didn't seem overally interested in the interview or that he even wanted to be there. He read all the questions from the sheet. He stared at me or peered over his glasses. No feedback whatsoever. While I tried to keep my answers short, about 30 seconds into my response, he would cut me off.

I work for competitor (a much, much weaker competitor) and he made remarks about the fact that I worked for the "joke of the retail industry." When I asked him what he liked about his job, he replied "Well, everyone likes target! I used to be like you, I worked for a company that everybody hated!"

I knew I didn't get to the next step because anytime I asked about the internship or what the typical day looks like he said, "Well you would have been doing..." or "Other interns will be doing..." Asking what the next step of the process entailed got me the response of "Well, you'll get an e-mail."

I've had several other interviews with other companies. Never as unprofessional as this. After reading other people's reviews, it seems this interviewer was the expectation and not the rule. I'm sure if I had another interviewer, I could have aced it.

Interview Questions
    • Why does your current company like you enough to give you an internship?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

Several interviews, lengthy wait time, similar questions for each interview

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions revolve around problem solving, group collaboration and leadership experience. Be ready to speak to those.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Met them at a college fair, got a phone screening, got an in person interview. Honestly I didn't really connect with them, all three people I talked to at each step did not seem that excited, which was disappointing because I had high hopes for getting the internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

In October I attend a career fair on campus, and dropped off my resume with a Target recruiter. After reviewing my resume, she signed me up for a on-campus interview. The interview took place one week later and consisting of STAR (Situation Task Action Result)and Behavioral questions. The interviewers are looking for detailed, but concise examples of how you handled an issue. In other words use examples that have a clear path of problem evaluation, problem solving, and problem outcome. Two weeks later I received an emailing letting me know that I had moved on to a second interview, this time with a district manager. The set up was exactly the same, just with slightly different questions.

As a word of advice they are looking for strong leadership and teamwork examples. Make sure to let your personality show through (Target's motto is fast, fun, and friendly), research the company and the position, and have confidence in your credentials.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you made a decision without thinking about the consequences.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Hourly rate of 16.50/hr at 400 hours total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target in October 2012.

I found the Target intern program through them heavily recruiting on campus. I went to basically an open house for them when they discussed more about the company. If you decide to go to one of these be prepared, they will put you on the spot (but in a good way). In a way it was a prep for if you were going to decide to move on to the interview process.

I did my first interview on campus with two representatives. One asked questions, one wrote down my answers. It went smooth and the questions were your average behavioral questions. They want all the details. From there they called a day later to let me know I moved on to get a second interview and gave me my interviewers phone number to call and get feedback on my first interview to see how I could improve for my second.

My second interview was at our district office with a district team leader. Some of the questions were repeats and some were not, but only had about five. However, I was asked almost the same questions in three different ways and had to give one on the fly because I didn't have enough examples. Those were all regarded situations that went wrong, and how did I fix it or how did I deal with the people etc...

I found out a week later I got the intern positon, but they did wait until the last minute to find out my location.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member
      Tell me about a time when you worked with a team
      Tell me about a time when you lead a team
        View Answer

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

Met with Target recruiters at my universities career fair and was offered an interview on the spot. Conducted an initial 1 on 1 interview the following day. After about a week I was called back for the second round which consisted of an in-person interview with 2 district level mangers. Following this interview I conducted 1 more phone interview with a regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you have overcome a difficult situation and how you did so   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in May 2012.

3 interviews, though some of my friends have had at most 4. Interviewed with a store manager, and 2 phone calls with a different store manager and the district manager. VERY situational and behavioral questions. Must present the problem, how you handled it in a leadership manner, and the outcome of it all. Every question is based on this layout. Must be detailed and present challenging situations, they want to see how we'll you can be a leader.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you and team members disagreed. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

I am a fashion merchandising major, and this job role simply isn't creative enough for me. Great experience being an ETL intern though; prepared me for the real world and handling corporate politics. Make your voice heard and support it with your actions.