Target

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Store Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online after learning about the internship opportunity at my university's job fair. I received a phone call from Target within a few weeks of meeting the Target representative from the job far. During the call, I mentioned my interest in being relocated closer to home. The man on the phone answered that he would refer me over to another district. Within a month, I received a surprise phone call from Target where I accepted the phone interview right then and there. After finishing the interview, I was offered a second interview in the city. A few weeks after, I received an offer.

Interview Question – Questions involved problem solving, teamwork, and leadership experience.   Answer Question

Executive Store Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very good communication, walked me through the entire process. Very professional

Interview Question – Describe a time when you and a leader disagreed over a significant issue   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Offer

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They were on my campus interviewing students, I walked in and "the best interview of the day".

Negotiation Details – No, the pay was $14 as an intern. 40hrs a week

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Store Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the career fair at my school. I had a first round interview at a nearby store 2 weeks later. I was asked a lot of behavioral questions based on my leadership experience. I also had to explain why I was interested in a career in retail management. After that, I had a 2nd round interview, which was relatively short, and then received an offer about 1 week later.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to solve a conflict between coworkers   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews. First, on campus interview. Asked three behavioral questions. Second interview was exactly the same thing, just with someone in HR.

Inbetween interviews you have to do a situation analysis, personality test, and intelligence test. Super time consuming.

Situation analysis shows you a video of a problem at work and then you have to choose the most effective answer (from multiple choices) and the least effective answer. You do about 20+ of these.

Personality test is basic. Just choose the sentences that best describe you, out of a series of choices.

Intelligence test is basically the math version of the SAT that is at least twice as long, nice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to sacrifice something to uphold a commitment.   Answer Question

Executive Store Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Campus career fair, the people there were really nice and the onsite interview went great. The were full in my region, so I applied to another. One week later, got a phone call from a new HR manager and she was very inexperienced, but she was nice. She asked the questions poorly and her freshness was evident. The interview was short and dull on her end.

Interview Question – Time you disagreed on something important.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – University Job fair. Doing tons of questions before the interview. The 1st during the interview is do you need a sponsorship to work for Target. I said yes(as international student). Then the interviewer told me to be prepared that I will not get the position because of the sponsorship. I think i did not get the offer because of that.

Interview Question – All behavior questions   Answer Question

Stores Executive Intern Interview

Stores Executive Intern

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The interview process was a very good one. The interview itself was based on behavioral type questions, "Tell me about a time when..." and so forth. The person interviewing me was an actual Store Team Leader and was engaged the whole time. Sounds like there is a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you made a mistake and had to make up for it?   Answer Question

Stores Executive Intern Interview

Stores Executive Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – Moved through fairly easy on-campus interview with two local store leads. Mostly behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when..." Next round of interviews was with a District Manager. Interview was extremely fast, again behavioral questions, but the manager seemed very disinterested like I was wasting his time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did something wrong and how did you recover from that situation.   Answer Question

Store Executive Intern Interview

Store Executive Intern

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The hiring process started with a career fair for me where you were introduced to the area college recruiter from there you give them your resume and have a small interview. If they like you they set you up with an interview at a store. from there I had a phone interview and then another final phone interview. Long process, lasted way to long but it was worth it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you successfully handled an opposing view   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!