Target

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ventura, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I was an internal hire so it was different as opposed to a normal college fair hire. I submitted my resume to my Human Resources exec and she forwarded it to a recruiter. From there I received an email from the recruiter to prepare with my Store Team Leader and Human Resources so i could properly answer all of the questions. Because i was an internal hire the questions are a higher scope than a regular interview. There were two interviews. One with recruiter (over the phone) and one with the district manager.

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain most from this internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I get paid more than a team leader.

Executive Team Leader Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview initially with just basic questions about my interest in the company. Next, an in-person interview on campus with a recruiter and current ETL, with mostly behavioral questions. Finally, the last round of interviews was at the Regional Offices, with the regional manager. These questions were pretty basic and the usual behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time you worked in a group environment"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with a team member and how you overcame this problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - start date was given to me, and the pay for all interns is the same.

Executive Team Leader Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the campus career fair and I spoke with them about possible positions, and executive team leader seemed to be more appealing than a distributions job. I dropped off my resume and I applied on both the career website of the school as well as target.com/careers.

It was a pretty basic behavioral questions, but this was one of my first interviews, so I was pretty bad. Definitely practice the top 50 behavioral questions. I know that there were two interviews, but I only made it to the first round.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict with someone.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Target was very swift and methodical with the interview process. Three rounds. First with the general campus recruiter, next with the district team leader, and lastly with a group leader. Interview questions were almost all behavior-based questions to assess how you would function in the given situation based off previous actions. The individuals I came in contact with were friendly and helpful. They definitely want to make sure they are hiring the right people who seem to be leaders and have potential to do great in and for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to go against someone based on your values, beliefs or morals?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Intern Interview

Executive Team Leader - Intern
Vestal, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2009.

Interview Details – Met several ETL (Executive Team Leaders) at a college job fair and went to the presentation at school as well. First interview was a one on one to assess behavior and your knack for leadership. Interviews are broken down into 4-5 questions on responses to scenarios. These questions are mainly to see how you think and react to situations. Some questions are behavioral. My interview process took a total of three rounds. First was a 1:1 interview with an ETL. Next is a two on one interview with another two managers, sometimes an STL (Store Team Leader). Third and final was a two on one interview with a Regional Team Leader and a Group Team Leader. Overall the process was very calm and collected. They are very good at expressing their FFF attitude (Fast, Fun, and Friendly). Not too demanding but the questions are pretty open-ended allowing you to draw on any past experience as examples. I received an offer several days after my final interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of one time where you were faced with a situation that did not go your way. What did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The internship was a great learning experience and very hands-on, mirrored pretty much to the actual job. It is challenging and the pay is very generous in comparison to other retail-management jobs. Be yourself during the interview because they mostly look for the right "fit" in attitude.

Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Interview Details – I hadn't considered Target as a potential internship until I met with a recruiter at my university's career fair. We discussed the position and I was offered an interview. The interview was conducted by a local Store Director and a Team Leader of another store. They were very friendly and seemed enthused to be there. The interview was basically situational questions aimed at getting to know me and my background. Then they let me ask any questions I wanted. After the first interview, I was offered a second interview with the Regional Director. That interview was basically an extension of the first, asking more situational questions. I was offered a third and final phone interview, but had already accepted another job. Overall, the interview process was pleasant and thorough.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were forced to confront a peer about a situation and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader (Intern) Interview

Executive Team Leader (Intern)
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was very casual and easy questions.... "What do you do if a member in a group you work with is not pulling his or her weight" "Why do you feel Target is a good fit for you" etc.

I was asked for a second interview, but before the second interview the staff at the nearest Target store took all of the people applying for the position on a ALL store orientation. Discussed the job during the interview and showed us around the store and how it functions.

The Second interview included much more advanced questions. One that really got me was "Describe a time when you were asked to mediate two individuals. How did you mediate them and what was the outcome?"

Be prepared for very very specific questions that you may have to make up an answer for!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were asked to mediate two different individuals who disagreed. What was the mediation about and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Edgewater, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – After giving in my resume at a college career fair, I got an email within 4 days regarding an interview with them. At the interview I was greeted by two red shirted employees who seemed very friendly. They took me to a room small and introduced themselves. One of the two said she would write my responses while the other asked the questions. They mostly asked behavioral questions such as "when was the last time such and such happened and how I dealt with the situation." After about 20 minutes the guy told me I was done and asked me to wait outside. After about 5 minutes of waiting I was greeted by a more formal employee who said he would ask me a few more questions. He took me a slightly larger room and sat right in front of me along with this buddy. He asked me a series of 5 questions. They seemed pretty much the same as the other room's. After about 40 minutes of back and forth, I was done and saw my way out. That night I got an email with a link to a "behavioral assessment". The questions were easy at first but a part of it included an LSAT logic type questions which can get difficult. It was timed internally. After 2 days I got a phone call from Target asking me if I was still interested and when I have time to discuss my offers. I got the phone call exactly on the time they mentioned. The recruiter offered me the job and said I had to get drug tested and have a background test done. I accepted!

Interview Question – When was the last time you realized you were wrong and what did you do to fix the situation?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Intern

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in May 2011.

Interview Details – Heard about them through a school career fair. First there was a phone screen, then you speak to a store team leader in the second round, then the district team leader in the third round. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Executive Team Leader Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online after meeting a campus recruiter at the job fair. After that, I received a phone call to set up my first interview, which was a week later at a local Target store. I requested feedback after the interview and received a phone call the next day to set up a second interview. My second interview was with a panel interview with the district manager and the human resources manager. I was called a week and a half later to set up a third phone interview and got the internship!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!