Target

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.3

736 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I went to a career fair and was asked to set up an interview. Interviewed with Target 2 weeks later, heard a response back 3-5 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with your most difficult customer.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went through collegiate recruiting process. STL interview followed by Recruiter interview, followed by a store visit and shadow, followed by a drug test, followed by an interview with the DTL. The interview I had with the DTL had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. I was cut off in my interview because they had to go and wasn't able to fully finish it. Also, they picked up the phone yawning and didn't seem to care at all about any of my answers.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and then went through a series of phone interviews and in store interviews. The questions were mostly the same for all interviews just worded a bit differently. Try and give different examples to show yourself as a comprehensive person.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Received an interview from Career Fair at my school. First round were moderate interview questions. They emailed for second round interview the questions were not difficult, but they kept asking the same situational questions in different ways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Contacted by a campus recruiter and referred to a local South Florida recruiter.
    Initial phone screen to check qualifications
    Formal phone interview with behavioral and situational STAR format questions
    In-person interview with store team leader and then district team leader
    Overall interview questions are not extremely difficult, but sometimes tough to come up with a really good back story. STAR format is all about execution and results.

Interview Questions
    • The STAR format will just catch you off guard even if you have stories prepared   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

The interview process was very scripted . They wrote down everything I said on a piece of paper and asked me questions from that same piece of paper, the interview lasted about 10 minutes and felt very rushed.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you provided service to a customer who was unsastified?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Campus Career Fair Recruiting. Was contacted about 2 weeks later. Initial phone interview consisted of "get to know you" questions. Next up is another phone interview with store managers consisting of behavioral questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interview process was very long- it consisted of four 30minute interviews and an hour long assessment online. The process spanned about 2.5 weeks. The first interview was held on my school's campus. The second and third were at the local district office (one after the other on the same day). The last was through FaceTime. The good thing about the interview process was that you find out if you're moving on very quickly. The questions were all behavioral and read from packets. I was expecting Target to go easy on applicants but at the end of all of my interviews, I felt mentally drained. Here are some of the questions: Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to someone and tell me how s/he improved as a result, about a time where you had to give something up for a commitment, about a time you made a significant mistake, about a time where you had to build a professional relationship with someone who disagreed with you on something, about a conflict within a group and how you resolved it, why target, what do you know about target, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were so specific that I had to ask for a few minutes to compose my answer.   Answer Question

The offer was good but I'm still waiting for a final round of interviews with another company in November (my first choice). Target gave me a week to respond to my offer. I'll be asking for a month extension and see what happens.