Target

Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.3

765 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

The interview process took a few months for me. You interview for a general Executive position and are not told what exact position you are going to have until the last few days into your 10 week training. I have learned a lot of things about myself and my potential because they have developed me to a leader.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your strengths and your weaknesses.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What was the situation and what was the outcome?

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied and was contacted by email to set up an interview with a recruiter. I scheduled the first phone interview online and was emailed instructions on what to anticipate for the first interview. Target uses the STAR method for interviewing (just google it). At the conclusion of my first interview, I was immediately offered two additional interviews. The recruiter also talked to me about my strengths and weaknesses of my interview and what the next executives will be looking for when I interview with them. My 2nd interview was also a phone interview with an HR business partner. The interview was the same format as the first one asking a lot of situational based questions. They are more focused on what you did in the situation rather than what the problem was. Don't be afraid to use some of the same examples you used in your first interview. The 3rd interview was with a District Team Leader who is in charge of overseeing several stores (this DTL had 9 stores). Again, same style of interview with similar situational based questions. All three interviews were extremely laid back and they made you feel comfortable. They are not about intimidating you at all. They want the best people they can find that fit in with their culture. I was called back to complete a 4th and final interview where it will be over the phone. They are very upfront with their expectations, how they feel you've done in the process, and where they see you fitting in.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you lead a project where you didn't meet an expectation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

Contacted by recruiter via email, did an initial phone interview, was asked to complete a profile account and take assessment test. Then, I was scheduled an interview with a store manager. The process is quite lengthy, prepare well. All of the questions in here were very very useful. If you had leadership and retail experience you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about moment when you had a difficult time with a co worker   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Referral through a mutual friend. My interview consisted of a phone interview with a bunch of situational questions. All of the questions I was asked were very negative questions. It struck me as a bit odd since it was a heavily customer service based position that I figured they would also want to hear at least one thing that I had accomplished to improve someone's or a team's experience.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain to me a situation where you clashed views with your supervisor, how was it handled, and what was the overall result?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and scheduled my first interview within a week - was very nice and really just wanted to get to know me - asked me a few behavioral questions and set up another interview while we were on the phone

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a different outlook as someone else but you came together for the same end goal   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I had to go through 3 interviews; first one being on the phone and 2 in person. All are situational questions that are described as "star interview questions." I was asked what are my strengths and weaknesses, a lot of "tell me about a time..."

Just be relaxed. They are normal interview questions, but Target wants you to succeed. So take a big breath and just let your personality shine. They love personable people. I even had to ask the District Team Lead (big boss man) to repeat himself and re-word the question he was asking me because I was so nervous. He was completely okay with it and I received an offer. They did not tell me right away if I was offered the job or not. I had to wait a few more days for an offer and had 24 hours to go take a drug test. Once that came back negative, I was put into a training class a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you messed up and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Same questions as you see in other posts - Questions follow star method Situation task action and result. Have some good stories or ways to illustrate that you can analyse a situation task and take action and get results :)

Distance-

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I was hired right after college, I had 4 interviews, first was with the recruiter, second part was 2 interviews back to back with Store Team Leader and District Team Leader, lastly was a phone interview with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you delivered exceptional customer
      Service?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

Was promoted internally to Executive Team Leader. Interview consisted mainly of behavioral and situational scenarios. They wanted to know your thought process and wanted to see that you prepared yourself well. Come with different situations to discuss and link them to how they would be relevant at Target. Also, come with questions to ask as well.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked where I would see myself in 5 years and 10 years.   Answer Question