Target

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.3

744 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

The interview will consist of behavioral based questions and will follow a format similar to the interview you completed with the recruiter.

o Remember to use specific examples; have 5-10 solid complex situations that showcase your leadership ability.

o Practice answering questions out loud using your most complex leadership situations. Answers should follow a situation, behavior, outcome format.

o Think large scope for your answers and speak towards results.

o Be prepared to speak about your background, career experience, and accomplishments.

o Be concise and organized in your answers.

· Be prepared to take notes and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a time when you used effective communication   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

A recruiter for the company reached out to me. I've completed a phone interview and I have been scheduled two follow up interviews.
    Some of the key things to remember when answering these behavioral questions:
    Include stats about yourself: numbers, accomplishments.
    Make sure to emphasize the outcome of each situation.
    Always talk about yourself use "I", it's great to know you work well with a team, but this interview is all about how "you" handled this situations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when it was difficult to communicate with an associate or team member?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake? What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and expressed my interest. He told me to apply online and email him when I did. Shortly after, I was contacted for an interview and shortly after that I was contacted for another interview with the District Manager and HR Manager. The first interview consisted of 5 behavioral based questions- When have you had to provide constructive criticism, name a time where you lead a project, name a time where you were required to actively listen to someone, etc. I was also asked why Target- so please do your research! Know where the company is, where they started, how far they have come, what bad/good things have happened, what they are doing in the community etc.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

To get past the first screening you have to pass a 1hr online test. The first part were a series of scenarios you might encounter as a manager. You had about six answers you could choose from, though some answers only differed by a few words. The next part was a logical portion i.e (It took John 30 mins to get to work, Sam came after john, Jill however got to work first, Who is Zack mom?) So you had 20 minutes to answer 18 of those. Make sure at least guess on all of them because you will get deducted points for not answering a question. Depending on how well you did this, you will get a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • ie) Jack says there too much work, and they cannot possible spend their time learning a new system. The team members agree, what do you do?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

I scheduled first interview at the career fair for my university. The interview was over the phone with a recruiter. She asked situational based questions like "tell me about a time you made a big mistake and how you handled it" or "tell me about a time that you used leverage to get someone to do something you wanted them to do". I was called about a second interview about a week later. The second interview was back to back with the third - Human Resource Manager and District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use effective communication.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

A round of four, phone interview, and another one. Then after that, a schedule face to face interview with District Leader and store leader. They basically ask you the same questions that they asked during the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I went to a career fair and was asked to set up an interview. Interviewed with Target 2 weeks later, heard a response back 3-5 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with your most difficult customer.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went through collegiate recruiting process. STL interview followed by Recruiter interview, followed by a store visit and shadow, followed by a drug test, followed by an interview with the DTL. The interview I had with the DTL had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. I was cut off in my interview because they had to go and wasn't able to fully finish it. Also, they picked up the phone yawning and didn't seem to care at all about any of my answers.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and then went through a series of phone interviews and in store interviews. The questions were mostly the same for all interviews just worded a bit differently. Try and give different examples to show yourself as a comprehensive person.