Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.3

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

Go through multiple interviews with different level of management. All questions are situation based or draws from your past experience and situations. They expect each question to have a situation youre in, the behavior you took to address the situation, and the outcome of the behavior. They then grade your answer based on the scope of your answer. Past work on a big project has higher scope than individual school work.

Interview Questions

• Want to know how well you manage talent in any of your past experiences. Ensure to include the situation, your behavior, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Seattle, WA).

Interview

My interview took place over the phone. It was fairly standard. Lots of "Tell me about a time.." questions. The quiz was challenging, because you are only given a limited amount of time to complete it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

I told myself that if I received a position that I would try and help out those who are also looking into getting into this field. I first got into contact with my recruiter who was by far amazing. Asked me why it was I wanted to work with Target and what leadership qualities I possessed that would make me a great fit. They are BIG on the STAR method and while my recruiter did not knock me for this she recommended I look it up and format my future responses to for that method. She told me on the phone I would then have another phone interview with a store team lead. I had to first take an assessment (logic based questions that I am sure I bombed) before the interview. The FIRST INTERVIEW with the store team went well and he asked me three behavioral based questions in which I answered using the STAR method. (I looked the questions up on here and detailed out every situation in bullet point form. After my interview with that store team lead he recommended over the phone that I move to the next round. The SECOND INTERVIEW was in person with a store team lead about 20 mins from my place. I walked in there having remembered my STAR method bullet points from the night before. Our interview lasted about 20 mins and again it was behavioral based questions. He told me that he liked me a lot and would hire me in his store if I got the job! He then recommended me to meet with the District Team Lead. I had my THIRD INTERVIEW with the District Team lead over the phone in which he asked me roughly 3-4 behavior questions. He told me over the phone that he would get the information to my recruiter but did not tell me I would be moving onto the next round. After engaging in conversation with him about the position he alluded to the fact that I essentially had the job so I was confused. By recruiter then sent me an email saying I would have my final interview with the HR group lead. Same format of behavioral based questions and we talked for 30 mins (10 of which was just personal stuff). Got an email that same day from my recruiter saying they wanted to extend me an offer and I was jumping all over my apartment. The process took roughly two weeks and I start within a week of the offer. I recommend you KNOW your STAR method and get in great with your recruiter as I feel like she was a major component in my success. Also do not be afraid to ask questions, I literally connected with every individual I came into contact with on a somewhat personal level. They are looking for leaders and people who are enthusiastic about the opportunity. Always play to your leadership capabilities and make sure you go read reviews on the ETL position. While I have not started yet it sounds like it will be a HELL of a lot of work and movement both of which I have been into my whole life so thats why I took it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you... gave great guest experience, made a mistake w/significant impact, had difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship, leveraged team/individual to accomplish something, deliver constructive feedback, took initiative to solve a problem, consult other on decision that would affect them, change day to day activities due to long-term goal, remained optimistic in the face of difficulty, gave up a commitment to satisfy another, received feedback you were not expecting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Long and intense interview process. I had three separate interviews, first with two Store Team Leaders from other target locations, second with two different Store Team Leaders, and the third with a District Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you genuinely connected with a guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Like everybody else is saying, the process is very simple and courteous. I applied directly on the website for a position and got a call back for another position. Well, I got an email. We setup a time for a phone interview and it is very straight forward. All STAR based analysis of a situation. Mainly they want to know about leadership situations, accomplishments, reactions to negative feedback, motivation scenarios. Just be confident, speak clearly and take your time, no need to rush it. The recruiters, or talent acquisition specialists, are very friendly and very patient, so there is no need to rush it. Make sure you write down some key phrases and notes and make yourself a legible cheat sheet to put you mote at ease. After the phone interview, Took an assessment test online (which I would suggest you research on google - not hard, just weird), then we scheduled a one on one interview with a store mgr. The Mgr was very friendly and gregarious. Same format, almost same questions. Be sure to be prepared to ask your own questions on why you chose Target and its culture, what makes it a positive environment to work in, what characteristics they are looking for in a successful manager, etc. Overall, I would rate this process as very professional and very fast. Good luck you guys!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where your leadership led to the resolving of a conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Went through 5 total interviews, 1 with screening recruiter, 2 with local Store managers, 1 with district manager, and finally the last with the Group vice president. Took about 1 month from application to offer. Each person was very kind, but it is expected that you are prepared to answer these questions with relevant experiences you have had in a work environment. The entire interview process was over the phone or FaceTime with my personal experience.

Interview Questions

• performance/ behavioral based, STAR method- Tell me about a time you had to partner to make a decision.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Normal interview with standard questions. The only drawback is that it took weeks to just find out that the position was no longer available. I had to call back to the Store Team Leader only to find out that the position that we discussed was no longer available. Instead they offered me a regular store associate position. I really wasn't sure of why that was true when there was still an open lead on the internet for an ETL. Confusing process, 3 total interviews then the news was given.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

phone call screening. online assessment. interview with stl from another STL. Phone interview with HR District leader. It was pretty redundant. I never knew what exactly i was interviewing for until my forst day on the job.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I submitted a candidate profile online for this position and received an email from a recruiter the next day to schedule a chat. I talked to the recruiter on the phone for a few minutes about what the interview process would be like and answered a few general questions about why I want to work for Target and what I was looking for in the job. The entire process consisted of phone interviews scheduled through a recruiter at corporate. My first interview was with a store leader and I had a second interview with another store leader a week later. Two days later, I interviewed with the district team leader and 5 days after that I had my final, extremely short, interview with a group director. The recruiter emailed me about an hour after my final interview and set up a time to call me with the offer. All of the interviews started with "Tell Me About Yourself" and then some form of "Why Target?" Then all of the questions were situational and needed to be answered with the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action Taken, Result). There was time for questions at the end so I got to ask some things about the job and Target. The first store leader was so helpful and nice and gave me some great feedback on my interview. I had a great feeling about the interviews throughout the entire process; the final interview was only about 5 minutes and that made me quite nervous, but I ended up getting the email from the recruiter not too long after. The most important thing during the process was being positive and rehearsing your answers ahead of time. I looked up so many questions on this site and others so I could be prepared with answers. It is very difficult to think clearly and answer questions with the STAR approach with no preparation. I accepted the job offer and will be starting my Business College training after I graduate from college. I won't find out until a little while before I start where I will be training at and I won't find out the store I will be working in until I begin my training or even later than that.

Interview Questions

• These are all questions I was asked in the different interviews: Tell me about a time you... -gave great guest service -made a mistake with significant impact -had a difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship -leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something -had to deliver constructive feedback -had to use active listening -had to take initiative to solve a problem -had to consult others on a decision that would affect them -received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it -changed your day to day activities because of a long-term goal -remained optimistic in in the face of difficulties -gave up a commitment to satisfy another   3 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was offered what I wanted. The salary is very competitive.