Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions & Reviews

703 interviews

3.3

703 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

I received an email asking times I was available for a phone interview. i made an appointment and thought it went very well. They asked all customer service based questions. The last question they asked me to repeat my answer by using the STAR technique. She explained what it was. I haven't hear of it before, but after researching it I found that that's how I answered my questions anyway. It threw me off to repeat my answer. I'm pretty sure she had to inform me of the technique as part of the process in case I didn't already know what it was. I then moved on the the next stage which was a face to face interview. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where a customer gave feedback that you didn't expect and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The interview process took about a month. Screening phone interview, 3 in person interviews, shadowing, and then one final phone interview with the HR market leader. My advice to anyone is to have a positive attitude and to be extremely upbeat when answering interview questions. It's important to display leadership experience. I was told by my interviewer that they can teach you the job, but they can't teach you how to be a leader. My advice is to practice practice practice behavioral questions! I spent two days writing out questions and my responses. It helped so much! It was an extremely positive experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time.....

Challenge a supervisor, made a big mistake,had to use active listening, provided excellent customer service, leverage a group etc.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

All behavioral: tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it. And dealing with the VIBE (putting guests first). A guest is looking for a shoe for her son and it's not on the shelf, what would you do? Price rings as 19.99, guest says it's 17.99, what would you do?

You have a minimum of 3 interviews, probably 5 or 6. In person and phone.

Interview Questions
    • None, just take your time and think of situation, outcome, and behavior. Each question is gaging what Target calls a leadership expectation. The better you answer based on SBO, the better you'll do.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, you take what they offer or no job.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

HR reviews resumes and calls to screen applicants/set up interview time. Interview process is 3 interview guides (A, B, and C). Store managers complete guides A & B with applicant, and District Manager completes guide C with the applicant. This could take place in person or over the phone depending on convenience. Sometimes, they double up and you will be interviewed by two people in the same room--one asking questions and one writing your responses. Not all 3 interviews are guaranteed. If first interview does not go well, you will not get a second. After applicant passes District interview, he/she might be asked to meet with Group Vice President for a meet and greet--not always protocol. Be prepared to answer situational-based questions with special attention to: tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you do about it...when you provided service that exceeded someone's expectations...when you taught peer or superior a new skill...when you challenged a peer or superior...when you disagreed with a company policy and what did you do about it...when you made a decision taking into consideration long term consequences...etc...

Interview Questions
    Over the phone initial offer--pretty black and white. In FL they will offer between 45-50K base depending on your experience. They have to start applicants at a certain base; however, if you do well, within one year, you can "paygrade promote" which increases your base by 10-15%--almost 10K!

Executive Team Leader Interview

interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Received an e-mail a few weeks after applying. Signed up for a scheduled phone interview with a recruiter and they called right on the dot. I reviewed questions other interviewees on this site had issues with and prepared in advance - sure enough, the recruiter asked those questions (Tell me about yourself, Why Target?, Strengths and Weaknesses, 3-5 years?, Tell me about a time: you made a mistake, you had to leverage a group to get something done...) The interview was short and very structured. I made sure to ask what the next steps in the hiring process was and she told me that she had chosen to move me onto the next round. I received an e-mail shortly with information regarding my next in-person interview, which was scheduled a week away and had two business days to complete an assessment test.

I just came back from two in-person interviews, one with the store manager and another with, I believe, to be the exec. team leader in HR. What was interesting was that there were 4 other interviewees waiting and they each took their time with us calling us from the break room, to an office, then back to the break room. The interview was very structured and mostly behavioral, aside from the common Why Target? and Tell me about yourself question. Both managers read from stapled sheets of paper which supplied the behavioral questions and filled out a context, action, and result box. There were 3-4 behavioral questions from each manager. After my interview with the store manager he told me I'd have to wait for a phone call and then probably go through another interview...he told me something along the lines of [that's the thing with these interviews...]

Thanked him for his time. I felt at an unease as I left, however. There was another interviewee there that was interviewed by an additional person, who this person was I don't know. I want to stay positive and think perhaps they went on lunch, since it was about that time, or that my responses were succinct and demonstrated enough leadership skills, but there's a thin line between being positive and wishful thinking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you offered exceptional guest services at Target or in a group setting. (Caught me off-guard because I never worked at Target before)   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I spoke with some of the ETL's at my university's job fair and was asked to sign up for an interview time slot. The first round interview consisted of speaking with a current employees (one of which was an ETL). Both of them were kind and cordial and were able to explain the role of the ETL in great detail. My next round interview took place at a local Target store with a Senior Team Leader. After that, I was declined an offer. To my understanding, there are usually an average of 3 rounds of interviews for the ETL position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult team decision.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Very to the point. Starts with self-intro, 'tell me about yourself', then about 4 behavior questions to be answered in STAR format. I was told there are four rounds of interviewing. Advancing only after passing the previous round. I have had two phone interviews, one FaceTime interview and will have another phone interview tomorrow. In order, I have spoken to a corporate recruiter, store manager (store team leader), HR manager (was supposed to speak with district team leader but 'she was called away'). I will speak with regional manager tomorrow so no offer is on the table just yet.

For the questions I wrote out experiences that directly relate to desired qualities for this job. I would recommend having at least 5.

Interview Questions
    • Before the second interview I had to take an assessment. The questions were easy - things about your work behavior. the assessment also included a logic portion that was awful. it was really the only timed portion. I actually enjoyed the questions a lot, but I'm REALLLLY out of practice so I was slow at them - AND you lose points if you don't answer them. I literally only answered half of them and randomly selected the rest. I figured I 'failed' but sure enough I passed to the next round. The logic questions are like: if A costs $50 full price and B has a sale price that is less than A and C is $50 dollars more than A and all sale tickets are $10 less than the original price.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

If you are applying here, prepare for a figurative Dog and Pony show. I lost track of how many different people I had phone conversations with, met in person or how many online personality tests I took. However, the worst aspect of this whole ordeal were the six random behavioral based questions everyone seemed to ask you. Anyway, I applied online, had a phone conversation with someone in HR, then the process went from there, where I met or talked with various Store Team Leaders or Executive Team Leaders and one Business Partner.

Unbiased advice:Stay away from this company.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed in a task or goal, what did you do?   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate a raise and I was told "Target's offer is fair, and in line with many other entry level positions in the area."

Basically, 'Take it or leave it, bub.'

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!