Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.3

708 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Applied online and two weeks later got an email scheduling first phone interview. Went through about 4 phone interviews and a Skype interview in a 6 week period. Each one consisted of behavioral questions starting with 'Tell me about a time...' Made it to the final interview and a week later got an email deciding to go with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to pitch an idea to a superior   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Applied through the website. Got a email a month later about setting up phone interview. My phone interview was later that week. They used the stars interviewing method, focusing on customer experience questions. Once the interview was done, I was emailed a personality and customer experience test. Took the test and that was the last thing I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, basic questions about customer and your experience   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview 1 - Phone Screening, pretty typical questions. Tell me a time you had a problem with a coworker; tell me a time you worked together as a team to accomplish a goal; tell me a time when you disagreed with your boss; etc.

Interview 2 - In-person with District Team Leader and a Store Manager. Again, pretty typical interview questions.

Interview 3 (final) - Phone interview with HR Market Leader - similar questions to last 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you prepared for something and something unexpected occurred.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied for a position through my college but was passed over by a colleague of mine. I was in contact with the on-campus recruiter and he recommended me to apply online for a similar job. Months went by without any emails until recently when I got an email for a 15 minute phone interview which only lasted 7 minutes. Interview was very short. The new guy asked me two questions but the way he talked to me was really unpleasant.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I have been on 4 interviews, awaiting a 5th. It is long, but I was told they have to coordinate people to interview you. So far the interview process has went well. Whether I get the job or not, the people have been helpful and full of energy. They are seeking people who want to lead.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that would effect other team members and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that had a significant impact?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The interview process took about a month. Screening phone interview, 3 in person interviews, shadowing, and then one final phone interview with the HR market leader. My advice to anyone is to have a positive attitude and to be extremely upbeat when answering interview questions. It's important to display leadership experience. I was told by my interviewer that they can teach you the job, but they can't teach you how to be a leader. My advice is to practice practice practice behavioral questions! I spent two days writing out questions and my responses. It helped so much! It was an extremely positive experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time.....

Challenge a supervisor, made a big mistake,had to use active listening, provided excellent customer service, leverage a group etc.
        Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I received an email asking times I was available for a phone interview. i made an appointment and thought it went very well. They asked all customer service based questions. The last question they asked me to repeat my answer by using the STAR technique. She explained what it was. I haven't hear of it before, but after researching it I found that that's how I answered my questions anyway. It threw me off to repeat my answer. I'm pretty sure she had to inform me of the technique as part of the process in case I didn't already know what it was. I then moved on the the next stage which was a face to face interview. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where a customer gave feedback that you didn't expect and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

HR reviews resumes and calls to screen applicants/set up interview time. Interview process is 3 interview guides (A, B, and C). Store managers complete guides A & B with applicant, and District Manager completes guide C with the applicant. This could take place in person or over the phone depending on convenience. Sometimes, they double up and you will be interviewed by two people in the same room--one asking questions and one writing your responses. Not all 3 interviews are guaranteed. If first interview does not go well, you will not get a second. After applicant passes District interview, he/she might be asked to meet with Group Vice President for a meet and greet--not always protocol. Be prepared to answer situational-based questions with special attention to: tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you do about it...when you provided service that exceeded someone's expectations...when you taught peer or superior a new skill...when you challenged a peer or superior...when you disagreed with a company policy and what did you do about it...when you made a decision taking into consideration long term consequences...etc...

Interview Questions
    Over the phone initial offer--pretty black and white. In FL they will offer between 45-50K base depending on your experience. They have to start applicants at a certain base; however, if you do well, within one year, you can "paygrade promote" which increases your base by 10-15%--almost 10K!

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!