Target

Average Difficulty
692 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

McAllen, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – applied for the job got called a couple of days later. i had the first phase of the interview was from a recruiter she asked basic questions. after passing that interview phase she told me i was set to move on to the next phase. total interviews for this position is 4. the recruiter was very helpful in providing tips to really get the attention of target hiring managers.

Interview Question – tell me what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – really take the time to research behavioral based questions. leadership questions are as well recommended to do research on.

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very to the point. Starts with self-intro, 'tell me about yourself', then about 4 behavior questions to be answered in STAR format. I was told there are four rounds of interviewing. Advancing only after passing the previous round. I have had two phone interviews, one FaceTime interview and will have another phone interview tomorrow. In order, I have spoken to a corporate recruiter, store manager (store team leader), HR manager (was supposed to speak with district team leader but 'she was called away'). I will speak with regional manager tomorrow so no offer is on the table just yet.

For the questions I wrote out experiences that directly relate to desired qualities for this job. I would recommend having at least 5.

Interview Question – Before the second interview I had to take an assessment. The questions were easy - things about your work behavior. the assessment also included a logic portion that was awful. it was really the only timed portion. I actually enjoyed the questions a lot, but I'm REALLLLY out of practice so I was slow at them - AND you lose points if you don't answer them. I literally only answered half of them and randomly selected the rest. I figured I 'failed' but sure enough I passed to the next round. The logic questions are like: if A costs $50 full price and B has a sale price that is less than A and C is $50 dollars more than A and all sale tickets are $10 less than the original price.....   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The initial contact was through a University's Career services to attend an Open House. Target employees gave attendee's a tour and then all had time to speak with them one on one. The next step was to apply online and wait.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into retail now if you haven't used your degree before?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview Questions. Ex. Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle. They want you to answer exactly in the following format. SPECIFIC situation, how you handled the situation, then what the results were. A lot of interviewees don't give a specific time, but rather what they would do if that situation came up. Wrong! Also, a lot of people never give the results. What happened? Did sales increase, you get an A in the class, etc.?

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Target (research the company!! talk about volunteer opportunities, focus on environment, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was fresh out of college and did not negotiate

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 4 interviews- one with a general recruiter, then an HR rep both over phone. Then they bring you in for a formal in person interview (which in my case probably was the most influential interview , so definitely stand out here). Then, finally another phone interview to cap off their decision making process with another important Target director. I applied early May and got a call around a month later to begin the process so don't lose faith after you apply. The process lasted around 2.5-3 weeks after initially being consulted. You have to take an assessment also and the only difficult portion was the reasoning (I.e. If bob
Goes here at 5 and Sally left after Greg, etc then what can be deduced from this given info) really annoying to tackle but deal with it if you want the job. The questions were the scenario based "tell me a time when" and sometimes repeated between interviews. Give clear examples and show confidence and stress leadership and handwork. Also, teamwork is vital. Just look up target interview questions online I can almost guarantee they'll be pretty similar. It's like a grab bag

Interview Question – Tell me a time...overcame a challenge, had to work with someone unpleasant, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very polite and kind . Happened right after my birthday which was nice

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – I initially contacted the company through a campus recruiting event, about a week later they reached out to me for an on-campus interview. The campus recruiter showed a lot of interest and really tried to sell the company. Maybe about one more week passed after the campus interview, and I was advised I would be contacted by a store and a district manager. All the questions that were asked were situation-based. As an international student at the time, the interview with the district manager went a little bit differently, and her main focus was on whether or not I would need sponsorship.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you did not agree with a change in policy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Lafayette, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had over three interviews. Two with the same guy. Then finally the store manager. It all happened within one week. I waited a week after meeting with the manager and then I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Some type of behavioral question that I had never experienced before.   View Answer

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – Target interviews were very thorough. I went through four total interviews not making it to the last one. The process took about a month. I first interviewed with a senior recruiter who was screening to see if I met all the basic qualifications. Then she set me up for a full phone interview a week later which covered behavioral questions. After passing that interview round, I was interviewed by the Store Team Leader and then District Team Leader for that area.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you met optimism with a challenge? I just thought the question was worded funny.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Initial phone conversation with Recruiter, phone interview with Store Team Leader, in-person interview with Store Team Leader and District Team Leader, job shadow with ETL, and final phone interview with Senior Group Director and HR Market Lead. The interview process took me a long time--two months. Everyone I interviewed with was very friendly and informative--they all seemed to like their jobs.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to leverage a group of people to get something done.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Executive Team Leader interview questions and advice. All 692 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.