Target

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.3

741 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

The interview will consist of behavioral based questions and will follow a format similar to the interview you completed with the recruiter.

o Remember to use specific examples; have 5-10 solid complex situations that showcase your leadership ability.

o Practice answering questions out loud using your most complex leadership situations. Answers should follow a situation, behavior, outcome format.

o Think large scope for your answers and speak towards results.

o Be prepared to speak about your background, career experience, and accomplishments.

o Be concise and organized in your answers.

· Be prepared to take notes and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a time when you used effective communication   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

I scheduled first interview at the career fair for my university. The interview was over the phone with a recruiter. She asked situational based questions like "tell me about a time you made a big mistake and how you handled it" or "tell me about a time that you used leverage to get someone to do something you wanted them to do". I was called about a second interview about a week later. The second interview was back to back with the third - Human Resource Manager and District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use effective communication.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

A round of four, phone interview, and another one. Then after that, a schedule face to face interview with District Leader and store leader. They basically ask you the same questions that they asked during the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I went to a career fair and was asked to set up an interview. Interviewed with Target 2 weeks later, heard a response back 3-5 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with your most difficult customer.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went through collegiate recruiting process. STL interview followed by Recruiter interview, followed by a store visit and shadow, followed by a drug test, followed by an interview with the DTL. The interview I had with the DTL had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. I was cut off in my interview because they had to go and wasn't able to fully finish it. Also, they picked up the phone yawning and didn't seem to care at all about any of my answers.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and then went through a series of phone interviews and in store interviews. The questions were mostly the same for all interviews just worded a bit differently. Try and give different examples to show yourself as a comprehensive person.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Received an interview from Career Fair at my school. First round were moderate interview questions. They emailed for second round interview the questions were not difficult, but they kept asking the same situational questions in different ways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Contacted by a campus recruiter and referred to a local South Florida recruiter.
    Initial phone screen to check qualifications
    Formal phone interview with behavioral and situational STAR format questions
    In-person interview with store team leader and then district team leader
    Overall interview questions are not extremely difficult, but sometimes tough to come up with a really good back story. STAR format is all about execution and results.

Interview Questions
    • The STAR format will just catch you off guard even if you have stories prepared   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudonville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudonville, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

The interview took place through my college career center. The first interview was very positive. I was initially not very interested but my interviewer was very personable and passionate about his job. The interview was mostly situational and required me to provide specific examples from my life or work. My interviewer answered all of my questions and knew what to ask based on my resume. The second two interviews were not so positive. It was two rounds of what were supposed to be 30 min. interviews and I was there for about 25 mins total. These interviews were behavioral in nature as well (to an extent). This time, I was expecting a lot more depth than the first but I was very disappointed with how they were conducted. The interviewers seemed very uninterested and did not even look at my resume before or during the interview. At one point one of the interviewers was looking at her phone while I was talking. I realize that they must be busy people but this really made me never want to work for target, at least at this position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used "active listening" to better a situation.   Answer Question