Target

Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.3

754 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I was hired right after college, I had 4 interviews, first was with the recruiter, second part was 2 interviews back to back with Store Team Leader and District Team Leader, lastly was a phone interview with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you delivered exceptional customer
      Service?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

Was promoted internally to Executive Team Leader. Interview consisted mainly of behavioral and situational scenarios. They wanted to know your thought process and wanted to see that you prepared yourself well. Come with different situations to discuss and link them to how they would be relevant at Target. Also, come with questions to ask as well.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked where I would see myself in 5 years and 10 years.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview Preparation:
    Research Target: news articles, and Target.com (investors & careers section).
    Remember to use specific examples; have 10 solid, impactful and complex situations that showcase your ability to lead big teams
    Be concise and organized in your answers
    Think about answers that effect the greatest scope (the number of people and/or impact on the business), complexity (greater planning / multiple steps), and effort (perseverance / work hours) that will also be most impactful.

Time management with the interview:
    Remember to be concise with your answers in laying out the situation, your behavior, and the outcome. The focus should be on your behavior.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

The process is timely. 1st target recruiter calls you then you schedule a phone interview then another phone interview then if you do well you move to an in-person interveiw and thats where i stopped. these 3 interviews took almost 3-4 weeks. The interview in hard ,it all depends on situatuion "Tell me about a time u had to ........"

Interview Questions
    • They have some easy questions but they always come up with questions that would make you pause and have to really think about an answer   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Very structured and organized interview process where I interviewed with 8 different people. The process takes about 2-3 weeks. They have a ton of great people on their team which is why the interview process is very strict because they make sure they get the best candidates for the specific position. I believe they are picky but for a GREAT purpose because you are the face of the store and they want their executives to bring the Target image to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where your listening skills resulted in a conflict?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

I applied online for an ETL position. I was contacted via email 3-4 weeks later asking If I was available for a phone interview. Expect your initial interview to be with a recruiter, followed by interviews with a Store Team Leader (Store Manager), a District Team Leader and a Sr. Market Leader in Human Resources. It's a very thorough interview process. My best advice is to just be yourself, re-familiarize yourself with your resume and past career challenges, and have fun with it. Target wants outgoing personalities that will be able to relate well with co-workers and customers. Also, be prepared to answer similar questions to the ones I posted. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target? (Very important to have a great answer prepared because you will be asked this by each interviewer)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you received unexpected negative feedback and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you set a long term goal and what did you do to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a co-worker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to work as a team to accomplish an important task   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process was very easy and laid back. It was nice to have interviews that were more laid back. I felt some aspects such as, location and information regarding the job, could have been more clear. Other than that the process was smooth.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Target?" There are so many ways to ask that question that I thought it was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview was somewhat difficult. It was all behavioral questions. Study up on the STAR technique. It was definitely an interview that focused on questions from corporate rather than getting to know you, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the person. Overall it was a fair interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to turn a weakness into one of your strengths?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

A recruiter for the company reached out to me. I've completed a phone interview and I have been scheduled two follow up interviews.
    Some of the key things to remember when answering these behavioral questions:
    Include stats about yourself: numbers, accomplishments.
    Make sure to emphasize the outcome of each situation.
    Always talk about yourself use "I", it's great to know you work well with a team, but this interview is all about how "you" handled this situations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when it was difficult to communicate with an associate or team member?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake? What was the outcome.   Answer Question