Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014

3.3

712 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Only have gone through the first interview thus far. It was very structured into story-like questions. When was a time you made a mistake and what did you do about it? When was a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what did you do about it? Etc, Etc

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me to ask her questions and I would have brought a few more specific questions for her.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Seamless! You receive about 5 total interviews. Your initial will be from the recruiter, store team leader, district team leader, human resources business partner and either Group Vice President or Group Human Resources Manager.

Questions: Tell me about a time?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however Target is all about being Fast, Fun, and Friendly and relatable. If you possess these qualities you will do well in your interviews.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Applied through the website. Got a email a month later about setting up phone interview. My phone interview was later that week. They used the stars interviewing method, focusing on customer experience questions. Once the interview was done, I was emailed a personality and customer experience test. Took the test and that was the last thing I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, basic questions about customer and your experience   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview 1 - Phone Screening, pretty typical questions. Tell me a time you had a problem with a coworker; tell me a time you worked together as a team to accomplish a goal; tell me a time when you disagreed with your boss; etc.

Interview 2 - In-person with District Team Leader and a Store Manager. Again, pretty typical interview questions.

Interview 3 (final) - Phone interview with HR Market Leader - similar questions to last 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you prepared for something and something unexpected occurred.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I received an email asking times I was available for a phone interview. i made an appointment and thought it went very well. They asked all customer service based questions. The last question they asked me to repeat my answer by using the STAR technique. She explained what it was. I haven't hear of it before, but after researching it I found that that's how I answered my questions anyway. It threw me off to repeat my answer. I'm pretty sure she had to inform me of the technique as part of the process in case I didn't already know what it was. I then moved on the the next stage which was a face to face interview. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where a customer gave feedback that you didn't expect and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The interview process took about a month. Screening phone interview, 3 in person interviews, shadowing, and then one final phone interview with the HR market leader. My advice to anyone is to have a positive attitude and to be extremely upbeat when answering interview questions. It's important to display leadership experience. I was told by my interviewer that they can teach you the job, but they can't teach you how to be a leader. My advice is to practice practice practice behavioral questions! I spent two days writing out questions and my responses. It helped so much! It was an extremely positive experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time.....

Challenge a supervisor, made a big mistake,had to use active listening, provided excellent customer service, leverage a group etc.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

All behavioral: tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it. And dealing with the VIBE (putting guests first). A guest is looking for a shoe for her son and it's not on the shelf, what would you do? Price rings as 19.99, guest says it's 17.99, what would you do?

You have a minimum of 3 interviews, probably 5 or 6. In person and phone.

Interview Questions
    • None, just take your time and think of situation, outcome, and behavior. Each question is gaging what Target calls a leadership expectation. The better you answer based on SBO, the better you'll do.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, you take what they offer or no job.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!