Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.3

721 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Campus Career Fair Recruiting. Was contacted about 2 weeks later. Initial phone interview consisted of "get to know you" questions. Next up is another phone interview with store managers consisting of behavioral questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and was called for an interview a few days later. The initial interview with the store manager was very easy and only took about an hour to finish. All I had to do was give honest answers about myself and my qualities. The hiring managers really want to get to know you to see how you will fit in the company. So, don't feel shy about shining a light on yourself and what makes you a good person!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you consulted with another person about a decision you needed to make and the outcome affected their work patterns.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

All situational/behavior based questions- so all questions like explain a time where you failed or explain a time where you had to provide excellent customer service. it was pretty straight forward and the guys were really nice. not stressful at all- just have a few topics/situations to talk about beforehand

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a target recruiter at my college career fair. After talking about the importance of positivity in the workplace, and my previous experiences I was scheduled for the first interview. The first interview was with a store manager, we went through pre-interview questions first. These included was I willing to relocate, salary desired, why did I want to work for target and past job history. After those questions we went on to the main interview. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral based questions. The one I noticed the most was the question that asked me to describe a time that I made a mistake. My advise to anyone is be yourself, and practice the STAR method. The interview was a success, and I was passed on to the next level, I am currently waiting for the next two phone interviews with the District and Store Team Leader.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interview process was very long- it consisted of four 30minute interviews and an hour long assessment online. The process spanned about 2.5 weeks. The first interview was held on my school's campus. The second and third were at the local district office (one after the other on the same day). The last was through FaceTime. The good thing about the interview process was that you find out if you're moving on very quickly. The questions were all behavioral and read from packets. I was expecting Target to go easy on applicants but at the end of all of my interviews, I felt mentally drained. Here are some of the questions: Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to someone and tell me how s/he improved as a result, about a time where you had to give something up for a commitment, about a time you made a significant mistake, about a time where you had to build a professional relationship with someone who disagreed with you on something, about a conflict within a group and how you resolved it, why target, what do you know about target, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were so specific that I had to ask for a few minutes to compose my answer.   Answer Question

The offer was good but I'm still waiting for a final round of interviews with another company in November (my first choice). Target gave me a week to respond to my offer. I'll be asking for a month extension and see what happens.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interviewer asked me to fill out a form desiring where in the state of Florida I wanted to work. I selected Jacksonville, St. Augustine and the surrounding areas of NE Florida. Afterwards, he wanted to know my desired starting salary and I told him $50,000. Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. He seemed impressed with my resume and asked me alot of behavioral questions and situation-based questions. I believe there were 6 or 7 questions total. That was all. Seemed like the interview went well. Nothing awkward or out of the ordinary occurred.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Spoke to target at my college career fair in October. Myself, along with others were asked interview questions on the spot, like "what two qualities describe your leadership style". If the recruiter liked our answers, we were offered an interview. The process actually had a very quick turnaround, and took about a week for the 1st-2nd interview. Each interview is structured with 4-5 behavioral questions. It is best to answer in the BAR format, as the questions are very specific. They really want to know why you want to work for target, how you are able to problem solve, and how you have demonstrated leadership. It is somewhat of an intense process with 3 rounds for a full-time role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you consulted with another person about a decision you needed to make that impacted that person?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made mistake? What was it? What did you do and what did you learn from it?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Mostly a situational event question interview. They ask you about a situation-behavior-outcome scenario. Describe leadership abilities, excellent customer service, social interactions, etc. The interviews are based on these questions, so solid answers are a must.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be describe a time when you proved excellent customer service to a customer.   Answer Question