Target

3.3

754 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudonville, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudonville, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

The interview took place through my college career center. The first interview was very positive. I was initially not very interested but my interviewer was very personable and passionate about his job. The interview was mostly situational and required me to provide specific examples from my life or work. My interviewer answered all of my questions and knew what to ask based on my resume. The second two interviews were not so positive. It was two rounds of what were supposed to be 30 min. interviews and I was there for about 25 mins total. These interviews were behavioral in nature as well (to an extent). This time, I was expecting a lot more depth than the first but I was very disappointed with how they were conducted. The interviewers seemed very uninterested and did not even look at my resume before or during the interview. At one point one of the interviewers was looking at her phone while I was talking. I realize that they must be busy people but this really made me never want to work for target, at least at this position.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you used "active listening" to better a situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

After submitting an online application for the Executive Team Leader Position, I received an interview invite. Your first interview is with the HR rep, second interview is with a store manager, 3rd interview is with the District Team Leader and 4th interview is with the HR market leader. The interviews are all behavior based and well managed. All the interviewers were smart, professional and friendly. If you are not familiar with the smart method of interviewing I suggest going to Utube and viewing some videos there. I didn't get offered the position because I could not explain why I decided to leave my last position after staying just 10 months but I was called up by the Reserves and decided to quit.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions will ask you to describe a time when you did something and it went well or it did not. If you can accurately describe what you did and what the result was you have successfully answered the question.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

The interview process was very scripted . They wrote down everything I said on a piece of paper and asked me questions from that same piece of paper, the interview lasted about 10 minutes and felt very rushed.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you provided service to a customer who was unsastified?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I initially spoke with a Target recruiter at my university's career fair and was immediately signed up for an on-campus interview the following week. Before the interview I received a few emails from the Target HR Department directing me to create a profile and complete an online assessment. The assessment was VERY detailed and took about 1-1.5 hours. It consisted of a few scenarios where you had to choose the best reaction, several questions asking you the extent to which you agree/disagree with a statement, and a 20-minute timed portion with 20 LSAT-type questions. I thought this part was IMPOSSIBLE and I mostly just guessed to make sure I answered all the questions in the time given. I thought I bombed it, but it apparently isn't that important in the decision making process because no one ever mentioned my results of the online assessment. Anyway, had my on-campus interview with a STL (Store Team Leader) who was very approachable and friendly. Asked a few screening questions about relocation, desired salary, why Target, etc. Then asked 4 behavioral questions that you are expected to answer in the STAR format. All of the interviews followed this same format (with the exception of the screening questions… although they will all ask you why you want to work at Target, and the last 2 asked my strengths and weaknesses). I would HIGHLY recommend reading through a bunch of these reviews because all of the behavioral questions that I was asked have shown up on here. Like everyone says, just focus on emphasizing teamwork and leadership. I received an email from a Target recruiter exactly a week later to schedule my next 2 interviews. One with another STL in person at a Target about an hour away, and another with a DTL (District Team Leader) via FaceTime. My second interview went very well, and once again the STL was extremely friendly and easy to connect with. For my third interview, the DTL I was supposed to be interviewing with wasn't there and I interviewed with an HR Business Partner instead. I received a call at the end of the week to schedule my final interview with an HR Market Leader (whatever that is haha) over the phone for the following week. This interview was much shorter than the previous 3 (only about 15 minutes) so I was skeptical, but I received a call the next day with an informal offer. I have my formal offer scheduled for later this week and I plan on accepting. All in all, a lengthy process (4 total interviews, 15 different specific behavioral questions) but everyone I met along the way was extremely friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy working for the company!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when….
      -you had to provide feedback to someone
      -you made a mistake
      -you disagreed with a coworker/supervisor
      -you made changes to a process that was in place in order to improve efficiency
      -you had to sacrifice something to achieve a goal
      -a long term goal changed something you did everyday
      etc….

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Campus Career Fair Recruiting. Was contacted about 2 weeks later. Initial phone interview consisted of "get to know you" questions. Next up is another phone interview with store managers consisting of behavioral questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interview process was very long- it consisted of four 30minute interviews and an hour long assessment online. The process spanned about 2.5 weeks. The first interview was held on my school's campus. The second and third were at the local district office (one after the other on the same day). The last was through FaceTime. The good thing about the interview process was that you find out if you're moving on very quickly. The questions were all behavioral and read from packets. I was expecting Target to go easy on applicants but at the end of all of my interviews, I felt mentally drained. Here are some of the questions: Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to someone and tell me how s/he improved as a result, about a time where you had to give something up for a commitment, about a time you made a significant mistake, about a time where you had to build a professional relationship with someone who disagreed with you on something, about a conflict within a group and how you resolved it, why target, what do you know about target, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were so specific that I had to ask for a few minutes to compose my answer.   Answer Question

The offer was good but I'm still waiting for a final round of interviews with another company in November (my first choice). Target gave me a week to respond to my offer. I'll be asking for a month extension and see what happens.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a target recruiter at my college career fair. After talking about the importance of positivity in the workplace, and my previous experiences I was scheduled for the first interview. The first interview was with a store manager, we went through pre-interview questions first. These included was I willing to relocate, salary desired, why did I want to work for target and past job history. After those questions we went on to the main interview. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral based questions. The one I noticed the most was the question that asked me to describe a time that I made a mistake. My advise to anyone is be yourself, and practice the STAR method. The interview was a success, and I was passed on to the next level, I am currently waiting for the next two phone interviews with the District and Store Team Leader.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and was called for an interview a few days later. The initial interview with the store manager was very easy and only took about an hour to finish. All I had to do was give honest answers about myself and my qualities. The hiring managers really want to get to know you to see how you will fit in the company. So, don't feel shy about shining a light on yourself and what makes you a good person!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you consulted with another person about a decision you needed to make and the outcome affected their work patterns.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

All situational/behavior based questions- so all questions like explain a time where you failed or explain a time where you had to provide excellent customer service. it was pretty straight forward and the guys were really nice. not stressful at all- just have a few topics/situations to talk about beforehand