Target

Average Difficulty
696 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview with a recruiter. 2 store team leader interviews. District and HR interview. Final with group director. Process takes 2 weeks to a month. Situation, Behavior, Outcomes interviews and rated based on your leadership qualifications.

Interview Question – Background history, Situation, Behavior, Outcomes. Communication scored as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Good starting offer.

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I found a recruiter through LinkedIn and she was very friendly and professional. I must say they are very responsive and quick to call you once they have your information.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to use exceptional customer service. (All of the questions are behavioral based questions) (Google STAR Interview Strategy and start writing stories for preparation).   View Answer

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – If you talk to a recruiter at a job fair at school that impression means everything. If you apply on line you will have two phone interviews before you see someone in person. You also will fill out a lengthy survey that has several theory and math questions.

Interview Question – There are several questions that are really asking would you take care of the guest and how would you do it. You do not need to know the policy just that you would talk to the guest apologize if something is wrong and see what you can do to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation but opening salary is good.

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First meeting with Target was at a career fair at my university. Then a phone interview followed by a one on one interview with the final interview being with the district manager. If you were in the military, don't equate any of your experience during the interview. You will be met with a cock-eyed blank look followed by this statement, "Well, I sell socks and underwear for a living, so what you just said to me went way over my head". Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Question – None. All very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview. She asked about 5 questions, and the rest of the time was for me to ask questions. She said I would receive a call from the district recruiter with details about the next step of the interview process. The second woman called me the next day and sent a leadership assessment and set up a phone interview with a store team manager for Monday of the next week. Both women were very pleasant and friendly. The second phone interviewer called me ten minutes late and asked me questions I felt were inappropriate for my career level and experience. I was told I would hear back within 5 days. I got a generic rejection email at the end of the week, which contained a comma-splice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to build a working relationship with someone despite a difference of opinion. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that had a significant impact.   Answer Question

Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Target in November and December 2013. I attended a career fair in Downtown Miami catering to South Florida universities and approached them, handed in my resume and spoke to ETL. Someone called me immediately the next day. I was scheduled to interview the very next week. At first, I interviewed with the Store Manager. After that, she instructed me to take a basic test. The test had questions concerning different scenarios in the realm of customer service and management. It also has a section catered to math. Examples of questions: square footage, price deductions in regards to percentages, conversions. Brush up on basis math skills is my one tip.

Once I had completed the assessment, I was interviewed by the HR Team Leader. When I was done, she proceeded to tell me to make sure when I met with their District Team Leader that I answered all the questions in the STAR method.

Now, here is where it gets disturbing for me. And this goes to show that there was a lack of consideration overall so I was happy with my outcome.

I was scheduled for my 3rd interview with the DTL at a Super Target in Deerfield Beach. I live in downtown Miami so this was a hefty drive to take. Of course, during the interview process you do what you need to. So just imagine how I felt when I learned that the DTL was at another location on the day of my interview. The staff members there just told me to call my store HR contact to get another interview set up. This just left an extremely bad taste with me. Someone dropped the ball immensely.

Once the last interview was conducted, I thought we clicked and I demonstrated my abilities on campus and off in regards to my work experience. However, when the moment came for me to ask questions, I definitely did. I asked what he would do differently in order to prevent another situation from occurring with a qualified candidate as what happened with me. Let's just say the response was lackluster.."communicate better with my assistant"...

And my tip to everyone is always ask questions. Make them sweat a little bit too by showing your knowledge and what you value in that position.

A company that has no consideration for your time does not deserve your hard work.

Interview Question – They were all pretty basis questions such as Please tell me a time you led a team and what challenges you faced?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and two days later received and email to schedule and interview wih a recruiter. She let me know right on t spot I moved on the next interview with the HRGM then the DTL right after and a last interview with the HR market leader. Everyone was fun and friendly. I was over pre pared for the interview so things went smoothly. Offered 50 kata tying based on education and a few years of management experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you gadtogive gsomething up to be able to achieve results.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Process was very organized and you had an initial phone screening at first. Then you went in for group interviews with different leaders for the district you would be working in.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult to answer, but do know that they look for key leadership qualities within your answers.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I met the reps at a career fair at my university. I first had an over the phone interview with them where they asked me about some of my past experiences and interest in the position. I was then called in to the next round interview where we had to go to a distribution center. There was a group of about 8 of us. We were given a tour of the facility and watched a video before our interviews. I had 4 different interviews with different people. The questions were all about my past experiences and how they related to the job. They also wanted to know why I was interested in the position.

Interview Question – When was a time that you dealt with conflict and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Extensive hiring process

Interview Question – Many different questions about how you would handle situations. I wouldn't say there were any questions that were really unusual. As with any company you are working with, try to give positive thoughtful answers and DO NOT talk badly about the company that you worked for. Prepare to throughly be questioned about what your personal leadership strengths and weakness are and how they can derail you form getting to where you want to be.   Answer Question