Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.3

708 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

The initial contact was through a University's Career services to attend an Open House. Target employees gave attendee's a tour and then all had time to speak with them one on one. The next step was to apply online and wait.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to get into retail now if you haven't used your degree before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Behavioral Interview Questions. Ex. Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle. They want you to answer exactly in the following format. SPECIFIC situation, how you handled the situation, then what the results were. A lot of interviewees don't give a specific time, but rather what they would do if that situation came up. Wrong! Also, a lot of people never give the results. What happened? Did sales increase, you get an A in the class, etc.?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Target (research the company!! talk about volunteer opportunities, focus on environment, etc.)   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of college and did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

4 interviews- one with a general recruiter, then an HR rep both over phone. Then they bring you in for a formal in person interview (which in my case probably was the most influential interview , so definitely stand out here). Then, finally another phone interview to cap off their decision making process with another important Target director. I applied early May and got a call around a month later to begin the process so don't lose faith after you apply. The process lasted around 2.5-3 weeks after initially being consulted. You have to take an assessment also and the only difficult portion was the reasoning (I.e. If bob
    Goes here at 5 and Sally left after Greg, etc then what can be deduced from this given info) really annoying to tackle but deal with it if you want the job. The questions were the scenario based "tell me a time when" and sometimes repeated between interviews. Give clear examples and show confidence and stress leadership and handwork. Also, teamwork is vital. Just look up target interview questions online I can almost guarantee they'll be pretty similar. It's like a grab bag

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time...overcame a challenge, had to work with someone unpleasant, etc   Answer Question
    Very polite and kind . Happened right after my birthday which was nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

I initially contacted the company through a campus recruiting event, about a week later they reached out to me for an on-campus interview. The campus recruiter showed a lot of interest and really tried to sell the company. Maybe about one more week passed after the campus interview, and I was advised I would be contacted by a store and a district manager. All the questions that were asked were situation-based. As an international student at the time, the interview with the district manager went a little bit differently, and her main focus was on whether or not I would need sponsorship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you did not agree with a change in policy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Target interviews were very thorough. I went through four total interviews not making it to the last one. The process took about a month. I first interviewed with a senior recruiter who was screening to see if I met all the basic qualifications. Then she set me up for a full phone interview a week later which covered behavioral questions. After passing that interview round, I was interviewed by the Store Team Leader and then District Team Leader for that area.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you met optimism with a challenge? I just thought the question was worded funny.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process consists of four interviews. It's a long process of several weeks and the questions at each interview are all behavioral question. I have a very positive experience, the recruiter gave me feedback to improve my interview skills by being concise, keep the answers to their questions for at most 2.5 minutes. Make sure you give them the situation, your behavior, and then the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected behavioral question: explain a time when your long-term goal changed something you did every day. I used a personal example and that was fine. It does not all have to be professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I had over three interviews. Two with the same guy. Then finally the store manager. It all happened within one week. I waited a week after meeting with the manager and then I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some type of behavioral question that I had never experienced before.   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Initial phone conversation with Recruiter, phone interview with Store Team Leader, in-person interview with Store Team Leader and District Team Leader, job shadow with ETL, and final phone interview with Senior Group Director and HR Market Lead. The interview process took me a long time--two months. Everyone I interviewed with was very friendly and informative--they all seemed to like their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to leverage a group of people to get something done.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Applied and was contacted by HR via phone within one week for a pre-interview. Advanced to 2 back to back 1:1 interviews. Strong team culture was evident and staff appeared very comfortable around each other. However, interviews were conducted seriously and were straight to the point. Interviewers prompted for specific answers that followed a certain format of situation-behavior-outcome. Basically, the office environment is set up to put candidates at ease but the actual interview process itself is more rigid, allowing little room for conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Applied online and was reached out to by a recruiter who organized an on site interview. Interviewed with a store manager, then a regional manager. Within 2 weeks I interviewed via phone with another regional manager.

Interview Questions

Great company and program. Was not aligned with my career goals.