Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.3

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had a phone interview. He was super nice, and polite. Found a time that worked for me, and called almost on the dot. I met with Target at a career fair, they asked if I could interview the next day, but I said I was busy, and they had no problem setting up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was very long. Lots of rounds and mostly behavioral. You should expect to interview with at least 6 people. Get ready to answer a lot of behavioral questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview process. Interviewed with two interviewers, one district manager and one store manager. Interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Basic Questions for the interview were asked: what are your skills/weaknesses/describe your leadership/what type of leader are you. The interview was really easy and laid back. Target really is looking for someone that fits their culture and can transition onto a team easily.Overall experience was great.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Four stages of interviews, all involving situation questions. Ie; name a time when... they wanted you to answer in the star format (situation or task, action, result). Usually a couple phone interviews, followed by a couple in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to sacrifice something, in order to achieve your goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Torrance, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple process with 3 interviewers. If the first interviewer likes you, you are next interviewed by his/her superior, and again by the next superior. Mostly behavioral type questions with 3 part answers describing the situation, your actions, and the outcome of the situation. Each interviewer asks 4 questions but you can use the same answers for different interviewers

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were given unexpected feedback and how you handled it   Answer Question

I decided it wasn't the right opportunity for me

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I made a candidate profile and then was contacted by a recruiter about the Executive Team Leader Position. The first phone interview was basic questions about yourself and why you want to work for target as well as some questions about your past experience. All of the interviews started with "Tell Me About Yourself" and then some form of "Why Target?" Then all of the questions for the second interview were situational and needed to be answered with the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action Taken, Result). There was time for questions at the end so I got to ask some things about the job and Target. Interviews were pretty broad and general questions. As long as you prepare and know what you want to say before the interview there should be no issues or surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you... -gave great guest service -made a mistake with significant impact -had a difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship -leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something -had to deliver constructive feedback -had to use active listening -had to take initiative to solve a problem -had to consult others on a decision that would affect them -received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it -changed your day to day activities because of a long-term goal -remained optimistic in in the face of difficulties -gave up a commitment to satisfy another   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was an internal Team Member who applied for the internship. My STL approved of me (no interview needed) and so I went to another store to be interviewed by another STL. However, after two weeks of waiting because my STL was on vacation, I came to found out internal Team Member cannot do the internship, which was a major bummer for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time where you made a big mistake. 2. Tell me about a time where you did not agree with someone else and how did you resolve it? 3. Tell me about a time where you had to negotiate a team or individual into doing something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really fast, at least how I went through it. It's based on three interviews with four questions each. All situational or behavior-based. The further down the interview process, the more difficult the people you interview with. Interviews are capped at a 30 minute maximum.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

When you apply online, you'll get an email asking to set up a phone interview time with different date and time options. Once you submit, then you'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager. They'll call you, and the interview is very laid back. After the phone interview, they let you know that they'll notify you of a decision within a week of your interview.

Interview Questions

Holidays and long work hours that were required.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (El Paso, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

in campus interview, applied during the job fair, got a call the very next day. The interview last for around 30 min max. I did the interview... they never called me back or even an email;

Interview Questions

• Where have you failed during work, and how did you found a solution to it?   Answer Question