Target

3.3

752 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

Applied online, no reply, called store, they contacted someone. Received email to set up phone interview with HR. STAR based interview, sample questions emailed prior. Phone interview went well with face to face interview recommendation. Assessment test sent, second type of test. HR sets up appointment with you to follow-up on your interview before you see Store Manager. At this point, you are being molded into something else. Not a comfortable situation. You must be a good story teller and embellish, it is not what would you do, but what have you done? You can read the same comment on another interview review on Glassdoor, that person recommends to lie and embellish. I don't suggest lying, but I believe this is the only way to get through to the end, as your accomplishments will never be good enough, even if you increased sales 71% at a company. How do college grads with no experience get hired for this position? There is hiring disparity amongst the different regions.

Face to face STAR interview with STL. Store Manger seemed disinterested and unfriendly from the start of face to face interview. They should have professional HR staff conduct interviews through entire process, if you do not make connection with this one individual, you will not pass through.

Waited one week, even with follow up , for an answer. Simple email sent with declination -unprofessional result from major corporation withal the effort you must put into this process.

Read Target's Mission Statement; this does not trickle down.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I received an email asking times I was available for a phone interview. i made an appointment and thought it went very well. They asked all customer service based questions. The last question they asked me to repeat my answer by using the STAR technique. She explained what it was. I haven't hear of it before, but after researching it I found that that's how I answered my questions anyway. It threw me off to repeat my answer. I'm pretty sure she had to inform me of the technique as part of the process in case I didn't already know what it was. I then moved on the the next stage which was a face to face interview. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where a customer gave feedback that you didn't expect and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The interview process took about a month. Screening phone interview, 3 in person interviews, shadowing, and then one final phone interview with the HR market leader. My advice to anyone is to have a positive attitude and to be extremely upbeat when answering interview questions. It's important to display leadership experience. I was told by my interviewer that they can teach you the job, but they can't teach you how to be a leader. My advice is to practice practice practice behavioral questions! I spent two days writing out questions and my responses. It helped so much! It was an extremely positive experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time.....

Challenge a supervisor, made a big mistake,had to use active listening, provided excellent customer service, leverage a group etc.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

All behavioral: tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it. And dealing with the VIBE (putting guests first). A guest is looking for a shoe for her son and it's not on the shelf, what would you do? Price rings as 19.99, guest says it's 17.99, what would you do?

You have a minimum of 3 interviews, probably 5 or 6. In person and phone.

Interview Questions
    • None, just take your time and think of situation, outcome, and behavior. Each question is gaging what Target calls a leadership expectation. The better you answer based on SBO, the better you'll do.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, you take what they offer or no job.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

The hiring process can be rather daunting. I spent a great deal of time reading through this site, so I was as prepared as possible for the questions that were thrown at me.

I went through 5 different interviews. First was through a HR recruiter; she was pleasant and we spent approximately 15 minutes on the phone. Next was an interview with a Store Team Leader (STL), followed by an interview with a District Team Leader (DTL), then an HR Buisness partner (FaceTime), then finally an interview with a HR regional manager.

I think that it is accurate to say that Target is looking for individuals that fit their corporate culture. So, if you are generally a positive person then you will probably do fine during this process; provided you spend some time researching the company and the potential questions that will be thrown your way.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any one question is more difficult than the rest. I would say that you should prepare to answer many questions that start with "tell me a time when..?"   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I had anticipated so accepted without negotian (60,000/yr).

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with some of the ETL's at my university's job fair and was asked to sign up for an interview time slot. The first round interview consisted of speaking with a current employees (one of which was an ETL). Both of them were kind and cordial and were able to explain the role of the ETL in great detail. My next round interview took place at a local Target store with a Senior Team Leader. After that, I was declined an offer. To my understanding, there are usually an average of 3 rounds of interviews for the ETL position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult team decision.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I have been on 4 interviews, awaiting a 5th. It is long, but I was told they have to coordinate people to interview you. So far the interview process has went well. Whether I get the job or not, the people have been helpful and full of energy. They are seeking people who want to lead.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that would effect other team members and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that had a significant impact?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied for a position through my college but was passed over by a colleague of mine. I was in contact with the on-campus recruiter and he recommended me to apply online for a similar job. Months went by without any emails until recently when I got an email for a 15 minute phone interview which only lasted 7 minutes. Interview was very short. The new guy asked me two questions but the way he talked to me was really unpleasant.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I was recruited on campus at a career fair. I spoke with the recruiter and gave them my resume. I was contacted about a week later to set up an on site interview at Target. I was notified a few days later by the HR department informing me that I had made it to the next round and that I would have an on campus interview. A few days later I received a call to set up a final phone interview. I was notified within the next day informing me of my offer. The interview process was very structured and I thoroughly enjoyed the process!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had an opposing opinion with a coworker   Answer Question