Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really fast, at least how I went through it. It's based on three interviews with four questions each. All situational or behavior-based. The further down the interview process, the more difficult the people you interview with. Interviews are capped at a 30 minute maximum.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Torrance, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple process with 3 interviewers. If the first interviewer likes you, you are next interviewed by his/her superior, and again by the next superior. Mostly behavioral type questions with 3 part answers describing the situation, your actions, and the outcome of the situation. Each interviewer asks 4 questions but you can use the same answers for different interviewers

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were given unexpected feedback and how you handled it   Answer Question

I decided it wasn't the right opportunity for me

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was an internal Team Member who applied for the internship. My STL approved of me (no interview needed) and so I went to another store to be interviewed by another STL. However, after two weeks of waiting because my STL was on vacation, I came to found out internal Team Member cannot do the internship, which was a major bummer for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time where you made a big mistake.
      2. Tell me about a time where you did not agree with someone else and how did you resolve it?
      3. Tell me about a time where you had to negotiate a team or individual into doing something.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I made a candidate profile and then was contacted by a recruiter about the Executive Team Leader Position. The first phone interview was basic questions about yourself and why you want to work for target as well as some questions about your past experience. All of the interviews started with "Tell Me About Yourself" and then some form of "Why Target?" Then all of the questions for the second interview were situational and needed to be answered with the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action Taken, Result). There was time for questions at the end so I got to ask some things about the job and Target. Interviews were pretty broad and general questions. As long as you prepare and know what you want to say before the interview there should be no issues or surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you...
      -gave great guest service
      -made a mistake with significant impact
      -had a difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship
      -leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something
      -had to deliver constructive feedback
      -had to use active listening
      -had to take initiative to solve a problem
      -had to consult others on a decision that would affect them
      -received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it
      -changed your day to day activities because of a long-term goal
      -remained optimistic in in the face of difficulties
      -gave up a commitment to satisfy another

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

When you apply online, you'll get an email asking to set up a phone interview time with different date and time options. Once you submit, then you'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager. They'll call you, and the interview is very laid back. After the phone interview, they let you know that they'll notify you of a decision within a week of your interview.

Interview Questions

Holidays and long work hours that were required.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (El Paso, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

in campus interview, applied during the job fair, got a call the very next day. The interview last for around 30 min max.

I did the interview... they never called me back or even an email;

Interview Questions

• Where have you failed during work, and how did you found a solution to it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The process takes some time, but the timing between each interview allows you to prepare for the next. The first interview is basically a screening with a recruiter who is very friendly and guides you through the questions and how to answer them. These are situational and behavior questions. I then had an interview on location with the DTL, but first they sprung up on me that I would be interviewing with an STL over the phone. This was kind of awkward since while I took the call I knew people could hear my answers and this made me very nervous. The STL was so friendly and did their best to make me feel comfortable. The in person interview on site was with the DTL. They were so friendly and really made you feel like they were just a person just like you. They do not do scare tactics when interviewing you. They want you to succeed. The DTL then told me at the end of the interview that I would be moving on to the next step in the process and would be contacted for the fourth and final interview. This interview was with the Group Leader. I had my interview rescheduled which was fine since it gave me an extra three days to prepare. This phone interview was just like the other ones, but shortened. This last interview was not the interview to ask questions and I felt that right away. These were all situational basically. The interviewer threw out a few curve ball questions, but nothing I didn't feel confident answering. I would told I would be contacted within 5-7 days. Day 4 I got the call for the offer and accepted right then and there!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to sacrifice something to reach a goal.
      Name a time you had to leverage your influence a group to get a tasks time in a certain time frame.
      Name a time you had to collaborate with others to complete an important project.

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

There are four interviews, they are relatively quick about the process and getting back to you. I haven't heard back from the 4th interview yet, but it was only yesterday. The fourth interview was much shorter and there wasn't time reserved for asking questions. As the interviews proceed, you interview with people higher up in the company's hierarchy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you....   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was able to get an interview through Career fair at school. I had a time set up to meet with Target. This is was the initial interview. I believe I got really lucky I was interviewed by an employee of Target obviously I just forgot his title I was nervous . We actually had a lot of similar background based on my resume that he was looking at. So it was a very relaxed and comfortable interview. There was series of 3 behavioral questions and basic yes or no questions. At the end of the interview he already said he is going to recommend me and keep my schedule free for Friday to have an interview with the Store Team Leader and the District Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had a difficult situation and how did you handled it   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus. Later I was sent an email to apply online and later schedule a 5-15 minute interview. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. The experience in my opinion was depersonalized. Speaking to someone on the phone for 10 minutes don't tell you anything another them.