Target Interview Questions in Ohio

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I found out about this position at my college Career Fair. The people at the booth were friendly and I was offered an interview after talking with them after about 5 minutes at my college campus the next week. The interview was simple and they tell you how they want you to answer questions; use the STAR method. Questions like tell me about a time you had to lead a team, or a time you worked with someone who was difficult i.e. behavior questions. After that I was offered a second interview at the district office. Besides the fact that the interview was almost an hour late it was pleasant and they asked more of the same questions. There is one guy asking you questions and the other writing things down.

Overall basic pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • Relate a time when you motivated someone to do better and accomplish something.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

I interviewed through an on-campus interview and thought it went well but not the greatest. I really clicked with one interviewer but the other was cold. I then was interviewed two more times. Both were very interested in me and told me I would be starting within two weeks and it was mine. I then had to interview with a District Leader who asked me the same questions but could not answer any of my questions as he was new. I was then offered a job for less than half the pay of the Executive Team Leader. This was a total slap in the face and waste of time. I'm not sure why the district leader did not like me. He said I wasn't able to answer the questions to his level. I was really rubbed the wrong way, not because I didn't get the job but because I was told it was mine and then turned down for not answering how he thought I should. I found it contradictory as I asked him three job specific questions and he couldn't answer any.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was prepared for all the questions and did my homework.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

They are very difficult to interview with if you're not ready for STAR questions. Also, they use tactics against you to test you. One of the interviewers may be extremely rude and hard to talk with, on purpose. It's just to see how you react. Oh, and the pay is not remotely worth the stress and agony people. You make like the flashy prospect of 45k a year... but you'll be a slave. 60 hours a week or more and treated like dirt. I'm happy I turned down my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Decided the stress and drama were not worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

The target interview process my the ETL (and I assume management position) is lengthy and intimidating. My first interview consisted of a 1:1 with a store team leader. All interview questions are behavioral based. I read and reread all of these reviews on glass door throughout this entire process and they helped 100%!! Practice questions and situations, have multiple situations that can be used for multiple questions.

I was then passed to another store team leader for my second interview about a week later at another Target location. Same interview structure! 5 or so behavioral based questions "tell me about a time....".

I was then passed to the district team leader for a 1:1. I was given a drug packet and had to sign some release forms before the interview took pace, in the event that they were to make me an offer, I already had this paperwork. This seemed premature to me, but I didn't over think it. My 1:1 with the District team leader went good, (also all behavior based!) and I was then passed to his boss for a Fourth and final interview. So far ALL interviews were done with the standard Target packet and all situational based questions and answers. Look up the STAR method, that really helped me to answer my questions. Situation (20%) ACTION (70%) Result (10%).

The final interview was a a phone interview, before this interview though I was to take a personality test/IQ test. You do not get any feedback or results from this test. Don't over think it. The phone interview was more causal and conversation but of course she threw in a couple behavioral based questions "tell me about a time..."

I was then notified a week later with my offer and start date.

Practice Practice Practice!!!!

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

Asked me various normal first interview questions, would interrupt me half way through a response to try to hurry me along. Felt rushed, unwelcome and like I was an annoyance. Prepare questions to ask and be ready for behavioral type questions such "describe a time where you had a problem, what did you do and how did you solve it?" In general I was not impressed with the people interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had a problem, what did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Had the interview set up through our university job fair/business career programs; I don't think the interviewers looked at my resume before they showed up. I thought it was going to be 1:1, but there were 3 of them (only 1 really talked). I didn't have much time to review and research Target, so I bombed the interview. All behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Took A long time to get an offer. The interviews were not hard if you prepped for them. All situational based questions. Basically tell me about a time when... Make sure all your stories have a begging middle and end. Most of the interviewers were not all that professional and I had to wait 2 hours for my last interview to begin.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to inspire someone or a team to achieve a goal?   Answer Question
    None existent they have a set pay grade for new team members so experience will not change that much. Your best bet is to take what they are offering you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2010.

Went to interview day at OSU. Interview was 1:1, and questions were all behavioral. Interviewer was friendly, but not the type to tip you off as to how you did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Three sets of intervies within a day. Interviewed with different levels of the company. The questions were behavioral based. They are interested in high level leadership examples. I was an internal canidate. They do not promote from within. Once you are in the organization below the Executive level you are not promotable. At the executive level if they like you, you will be pushed up the ladder.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2009.

Filled the application out online and was called for an interview. It was through career services at the college I graduated from, so there a bunch on one day. The HR rep sent an e-mail with the link for their IQ test and said to have it done before the interview. The questions involved basic math and some logic. The interview questions were behaviorally based as in "Tell me about a time when you...."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!