Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I receive a phone call asking me about the position I apply and if am ok with hours and pay. I said ok then HR told me i'll be contact by manager from later on the week.

Interview Question – Your availability is key factor for certain position my sunday was not open.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Guest Service Team Member
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with putting in application in online, either at home or at a store using a computer located near Guest Services. After review, you are called in for an interview. You interview with two Team Leads and they find the best fit for you in the store.

Interview Question – What hours would you be available for?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 4 interviews- one with a general recruiter, then an HR rep both over phone. Then they bring you in for a formal in person interview (which in my case probably was the most influential interview , so definitely stand out here). Then, finally another phone interview to cap off their decision making process with another important Target director. I applied early May and got a call around a month later to begin the process so don't lose faith after you apply. The process lasted around 2.5-3 weeks after initially being consulted. You have to take an assessment also and the only difficult portion was the reasoning (I.e. If bob
Goes here at 5 and Sally left after Greg, etc then what can be deduced from this given info) really annoying to tackle but deal with it if you want the job. The questions were the scenario based "tell me a time when" and sometimes repeated between interviews. Give clear examples and show confidence and stress leadership and handwork. Also, teamwork is vital. Just look up target interview questions online I can almost guarantee they'll be pretty similar. It's like a grab bag

Interview Question – Tell me a time...overcame a challenge, had to work with someone unpleasant, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very polite and kind . Happened right after my birthday which was nice

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Sales Floor Team Leader
Pensacola, FL

I interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – First two interviews were telephonic interview. It was followed by a back ground check and health back ground check. After passing the results the final one followed with in person interview.

Interview Question – Why do you need this job ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the terms I liked.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Hialeah, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, the process took two days, they called me the same day I applied, asked me star questions, very easy and relaxed. The HR manager was a woman very friendly and ask about my school and why target.

Interview Question – What would yo do if the customer price does not match with the price you hav from scanning?   Answer Question

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The interview process seemed unorganized. I came in and had to take an assessment test first. I was then taken back to a room where I waited 15 minutes for the first one-on-one interview. After that I was told to wait around because they were going to perform my second interview the same day. I waited for over half an hour before my second interviewer arrived. About half way through the 2nd interview I was asked if I even knew what I was being interviewed for. I told him I had applied for two different positions online and named them... but it turned out I was being interviewed for an entirely different position than anything I had applied for. After answering a couple more questions he left the room and another person came in and took me to fill out some paperwork and sent me to go get drug tested.

Interview Question – The questions were generic: Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have that relates to this position? What are your strengths? What are some things you could improve on? These were followed by some scenario questions and how you would handle them such as if you had a difficult guest, if someone told you the price of an item rang up incorrectly, if you were out of a product a guest was looking for. The first and second set of interview questions were identical except for the scenario questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because of a few reasons. Everyone who had a part in my interview process seemed rushed, miserable and they gave off an "I hate my job" kind of vibe. The actual store location was less than desirable, especially for the pay. It wasn't the job I had even applied for.

Softlines Team Member Interview

Softlines Team Member
Brandon, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email about 5 days later letting me know that I was chosen for a phone interview the next day between 9-11AM. I had class the next day from 8-10:10, so I replied quickly letting them know that I am very interested but won't be able to answer until after class. They didn't respond to the email, but called at noon so I am assuming they saw it. The 15-minute interview went very well, or so I thought. The interviewer laughed with me and seemed to be impressed by my answers. She said I would be receiving a call the next day to set up my second interview. It's been about a week and I have not recieved anything from them. It would have been nice to atleast had an email letting me know I was not chosen. I had the impression that it went really well since she said I was getting another interview. I have no clue what happened.

Interview Question – Many "Tell me about a time when" questions. Tell me about a time when you rose above expectations. How I handled stressful situations/The outcome. My strength, my weakness. Why I want to work for Target.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Target in November and December 2013. I attended a career fair in Downtown Miami catering to South Florida universities and approached them, handed in my resume and spoke to ETL. Someone called me immediately the next day. I was scheduled to interview the very next week. At first, I interviewed with the Store Manager. After that, she instructed me to take a basic test. The test had questions concerning different scenarios in the realm of customer service and management. It also has a section catered to math. Examples of questions: square footage, price deductions in regards to percentages, conversions. Brush up on basis math skills is my one tip.

Once I had completed the assessment, I was interviewed by the HR Team Leader. When I was done, she proceeded to tell me to make sure when I met with their District Team Leader that I answered all the questions in the STAR method.

Now, here is where it gets disturbing for me. And this goes to show that there was a lack of consideration overall so I was happy with my outcome.

I was scheduled for my 3rd interview with the DTL at a Super Target in Deerfield Beach. I live in downtown Miami so this was a hefty drive to take. Of course, during the interview process you do what you need to. So just imagine how I felt when I learned that the DTL was at another location on the day of my interview. The staff members there just told me to call my store HR contact to get another interview set up. This just left an extremely bad taste with me. Someone dropped the ball immensely.

Once the last interview was conducted, I thought we clicked and I demonstrated my abilities on campus and off in regards to my work experience. However, when the moment came for me to ask questions, I definitely did. I asked what he would do differently in order to prevent another situation from occurring with a qualified candidate as what happened with me. Let's just say the response was lackluster.."communicate better with my assistant"...

And my tip to everyone is always ask questions. Make them sweat a little bit too by showing your knowledge and what you value in that position.

A company that has no consideration for your time does not deserve your hard work.

Interview Question – They were all pretty basis questions such as Please tell me a time you led a team and what challenges you faced?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it was about 3 hours

Interview Question – What was a difficult challenge for you and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Executive Store Intern Interview

Executive Store Intern
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They were on my campus interviewing students, I walked in and "the best interview of the day".

Negotiation Details – No, the pay was $14 as an intern. 40hrs a week

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!