Target

122 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Store Intern Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They were on my campus interviewing students, I walked in and "the best interview of the day".

Negotiation Details – No, the pay was $14 as an intern. 40hrs a week

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interviewing process was intense. Be ready to go to an interview at the drop of the dime and be ready to go at any hour of the day. It is a series of 3 interviews the first you are interviewed by 2 people in one day they will call you about a week later to set up the next review and same with the following interview

Interview Question – All of the questions are situational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered based on the average hourly pay I had researched for the position

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Received a call that same day from HR saying that someone would be getting in contact with me the next day for an over the phone interview(Thursday). The following Tuesday, went in for an in-person interview. Was offered the job right after.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you made a mistake and how you handled/rectified it?   View Answer
  • Tell of a time when you had to work on a team for a job/project? What was the experience like? What was the outcome?   View Answer
  • If I were to speak to a former boss/supervisor, what would they say about you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiated; I was offered a pay and I took it (desperation for a job).

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Clearwater, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – I heard about the internship through my university that told us to send our resume to the Target recruiter's email if we were interested. The recruiter requested a phone interview with me within the next two weeks. When I had my first interview, it was pretty basic questions: tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future, strengths/weaknesses, etc. We talked about where I was from, and I wasn't from the area but told him I would relocate if needed and he ended up saying he would pass along my info to a recruiter more in my area. She contacted me the next day looking to set up a phone interview. She informed me it would be behavioral based and sent me a lot of information for preparing for the interview. It was probably 4-5 behavioral based questions asking "when was a time when you..." and then having me elaborate more on different aspects when answering. She said I had to complete a personality test within the next 48 hours and then I would hear back from them within the next week. I got a call from a different woman looking to set up an interview with a District Team Leader within the next week. Since I'm in school I couldn't meet the one day they asked me to due to class so we interviewed over the phone. 3-4 behavioral based questions and then he said I would hear back within the next week. I received a phone call a day later with an offer.

I clicked really well with the first two interviewers

Interview Question – When was a time when you made an unpopular decision and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate, $17.50/hr

Senior Team Leader Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – Four rounds of interviews. Scenario base. i.e "tell me a time when you placed someones else needs over yours". Or "how would you handle a situation with an irate customer".

Interview Question – I had no on the job experience and they wanted an example outside of school and my college clubs. Question, tell me a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was more or less, here's $15 and I would like to offer you a position.

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Team Member Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – First a phone interview, then an in person interview basically they asked the same questions. The phone interview you are interviewed by a team lead and the in the person you are interviewed by an ETL usually the ETL that's for the department you are applying for.

Interview Question – I don't remember one that stands out basically regular questions every job asks you like name a time you went over and beyond stuff like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation you start at whatever the base pay is at the time.

Electronic Team Members Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was an easy interview just be comfortable and you will get the job.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call the next day to set up a date to come in for an interview. Once at the store you have an interview with a supervisor first. As other reviews have said you would then have an interview with a manager if all goes well. If you only get an interview with a supervisor and are told that they will contact you letting you know if you got the job then you did not get the job. They will just send you an email a few days later saying you didn't get the job.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member/Backroom Flow Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had to watch minute long video about the position, complete the rest of my application on their computers (basic "what would you do in this situation questions" and basic questions showing you can read graphs/charts. Got interviewed quickly after. Asked me about availability, then 3 questions about me (what experience do you have for this position, etc) and 3 "name a time when...worked as group, exceeded expectations, etc". Thought it went pretty well but got the "we have others to interview if you dont get a call back by...call and ask for..." which i knew meant no for target's hiring process. Call back on the specified day and they said we wont be continuing your application at this time.

Interview Question – Most google searches for "target interview questions" are pretty accurate. It could be any of them listed.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orange City, FL

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call three days later to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview three days after that. I was asked the same questions listed by others on this site:

- Why do you want to work for Target?
- Name a time when you had to work as part of a team to accomplish a task.
- Name a time when you exceeded customer expectations.
- Name a time when you solved a problem.

The phone interview went well because I was prepared, and I was scheduled for a second, in-person interview three days later. The next interviewer asked the same cookie-cutter questions you can find here:

- Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for Target.
- Name a time when you made a mistake, and tell me what you did to correct it.
- Imagine a customer came to you saying she wanted a size of shoe we did not have in that particular style. How would you handle the situation?
- Imagine you are checking out a customer and something rings up as $X.XX. The customer says the price was supposed to be $X.XX. How would you handle that? (Note: After I gave my answer, the interviewer told me "Just so you know, we always correct the price up to a certain limit, so there is no need to hold up customers to check a small price discrepancy.")

I was told the interview went well, but that they did not make hiring decisions on Friday, so I was asked to come back on the following Monday to speak with the HR manager.

On Monday I was told I had to complete a questionnaire on the computer, which only took a few minutes and was basically just a repeat of a few questions that were in the original application. After I finished I was taken into a back room and offered a seasonal position for the whopping sum of $8 an hour and told that the position would end in January. I was also told that they are open all night on Black Friday and was expected to work during that time.

I was given a conditional offer of employment contingent on me passing a drug test and background check. The drug test had to be done at a nearby lab within 24 hours and was paid for by Target. I was told that background checks "were taking a while to complete" and that she didn't even know when the next orientation would be, that they would call to let me know as late as the night before, and it was possible that it would be rescheduled after that. I was also told that I would be required to buy my own uniform - khaki pants and red shirt.

The whole process was drawn out, unorganized, and made me think less of Target as a company. I couldn't believe how little they are paying their employees considering how successful they are - Wal-Mart pays more, has an organized hiring process, and is more flexible.

I accepted their ridiculous offer, but after I got home from the drug test I applied at every fast-food place I could think of. I would be getting paid the same at McDonald's and it would be a less stressful job with more perks.

Interview Question – Questions are easy as long as you prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered $8/hr.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Florida. All 122 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.