Target Flow Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.1

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online. I got a call a few days later and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and was asked to wait. I waited about ten minutes until someone finally came and took me into an office. I did the interview and was asked to wait in the break room for the second interview. I waited about fifteen minutes until the same person from the first interview came back and said there wasn't time to do the second interview. They told me to expect a call, but instead I got an email saying they could not offer be the position at this time.

Honestly, because I didn't get to do the second part of the interview, I felt a little bit cheated. It was about lunch time, so I couldn't help but wonder if the person doing my second interview was out at lunch.

Interview Questions
  • A time you were asked to do something and went beyond expectation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Applied Online, was contacted the next day to set up an interview. You are then interviewed by both the team lead and the executive team lead of the department you applied for. You also have to take a test to test your personality, problem solving and basic math skills.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate employment details for this position.

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Applied online. Two weeks later I got a phone call to go to an interview. One week passed and I went to the interview. Was interviewed by a guy and asked me a few questions. He told me I was most likely qualified for the job and told me that I'll get a second interview in a few minutes. Got interviewed by a different guy and asked me the same questions as the other guy did. I got job offer on the spot.

None

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

I was nervous for interview however, it turned out great... I used to worked at Target in 2009. I did not remember about interview but i know i can be better than that. Once, interviewer questioned i expressed to their questions properly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

2 Interviews: 1)Phone interview; 2)Face to face interview
    First, they going to call you and give a phone number with an employer code and location code. After that, you going to call the phone number with those two codes and they will give you a confirmation number that you going to be able to have when they call you to your phone interview. After you pass your phone interview, they will call you back like two-three hours later and give you the date and time for your last interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • -Time when you need to get a work done and you pass the expectations.

-Time when you need to work with a team and you reach the goal.

-Time when you had a situation and how you solve it.

*This questions are from the phone interview at Target Anchorage

Answer Question

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

First I was called to come in for an in person interview. Then an hour before my interview they called and told me it was going to take place over the phone. After I passed the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview. Had to wait around in the back for a while because they were doing lots of interviews - people don't stay in this job for very long and I understand why.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - all the standard questions - Why do you want to work at Target? Tell me about an experience when...? ... All generic questions read off of a stander sheet.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. But they do give you an opportunity to change your availability before you accept - after that you can't change your availability for 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I was contacted by telephone a few days after submitting my application. I ended up going in for two interviews, and was given paperwork for a drug test at the end of the second interview. After my drug test came back negative, they called me and set up my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • They had me interview one-on-one with three different people; it was all pretty straight-forward. The most difficult question was probably "what is your biggest weakness?" This was my first job interview, so I didn't really know what to expect and that one caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

A friend of mine whom works at Target told me about their job as a Logistics/Flow Team Member, and urged me to apply. On their website they specifically ask which type of job YOU would like to work (which is quite unique, and won me over off the bat; personal preference like that is never available on an application). Being that I am more of the introverted type, I chose two things; Flow Team Member, and the job where you arrange merchandise, set up displays, etc. (forgot what its called), as those job roles deal less with people. The job that ended up being available at my Target was a seasonal position for early morning Flow Team. I applied on a Sunday afternoon online, and HR called me Wednesday for an interview, which we scheduled the next day. She also went over my availability, what the job would entail, and where I needed to go for my interview.

To my interview I wore a simple black dress shirt with a black sweater over it, khaki pants, and black slip on canvas shoes. Kept my makeup professional, and my hair was straight, neat, and styled appropriately. My interview was scheduled at 12PM, and I showed up 10 minutes early, notified Guest Services of my arrival, gave my name, and I was guided to a computer to finish another part of my application.

The extra part of my application asked simple math questions related to truck shipments, percentages, and other very easy stuff. Once I finished, I was asked to wait until the ETL got there. The ETL arrived about 10 minutes later, took me to the STL's office, and interviewed me, asking basic questions; "tell me about yourself" "what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses", "do you have any previous retail experience", "why should we hire you", etc. The interview wasn't too taxing, only took maybe 10 minutes.

I was then interviewed by the other HR, who asked situational and behavioral questions; "tell me about a time you and a group dealt with a problem", "how do you handle several problems at once", things of that nature. We then went over my availability once more, she and told me that instead of hiring me for seasonal, that she had decided to hire me on as a regular employee, as I was a "good fit". Needless to say, I was extremely grateful and couldn't thank her enough, given that I had no prior retail experience. She gave me paperwork with my orientation time, and a sheet to bring to a clinic for a drug test, which I took the same day.

Both of the ladies who interviewed me were extremely nice, professional, and well versed on what Target wants in an employee.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too hard, and it doesn't seem too difficult to obtain a job as a Target employee as long as you answer questions immediately, give well thought out and concise answers, and convey that you know what you're talking about. A lot of the questions for the Flow Team position were aimed at how you operate in team/group situations, which aren't hard to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I was offer a seasonal position. Target loves Availability !! Be open! Specially Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, also holidays. Not sure how long it took, my guess is 2 or 3 weeks it took to receive a response. First was a phone interview very unexpected, but it went well. I was schedule 2 days later for a store interview. I went a took a questionnaire on the computer by the guest service. Questions involving math. I will say adding and multiplying, for example : if XYZ did 20 retooled on Tuesday how much more did Lily did on Friday. Also questions involving team action, example: if a coworker is getting loud with you what will you do. After I answer the questions I waited for a Team Leader to take me to the back office. Where I watched about a 4 minute video about what it takes to be a Target Team Member (pay attention they will ask you what you learned about it) afterwards I went through two members (sorry don't know their title) very cool laid back ladies. First person ask me questions about behavioral situations for example when did you face a difficult task with your team and how you solved it and what your learn about it. Second person ask questions about how you provided the best guest service. Also think about your weaknesses and strengths. A weakness could be "confidence, because my thoughts are my worst enemy if I don't get a thank you, you been helpful. I haven't provided the best of my service" a strength could be"neatness I have to make sure every aisle is well organized and ready for the customers". Learn ABOUT the company they will ask you why target, say for example.you been involved in community service and I notice target has also been involve by providing 5% yearly no of their income to the community no matter what the circumstances and I will like to be part of that involvement. I was offer the job right there after 40 minutes. Lastly I spoke with the last person that went over the paper work I'm guessing is the Team leader of the Backroom Flow (Logistics). Remember open availability. Be willing to work the maximum amount of hours.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question, was a time where you had to meet a deadline with your team.   View Answer
    NO negotiations, pay was $9.65. I was satisfied with that wage. Because of my experience and skills.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Got called by phone for a phone I terview on Wednesday. It was pretty straightforward with simple questions. After it was over they asked me to come in Friday for an in store interview. Dress business casual. First I had to watch a cheesy video on the position I applied for (pay attention they -will- ask you what the most important thing about the video was) and then back into the office for a one on one interview to answer a few questions. All in all an easy process if you answer efficiently