Target

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call within a week to interview at the store. I dressed business casual and interviewed twice with both team leaders. I was offered the job on location.

Interview Question – Very generic questions. If you ever interviewed before you should be fine.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The entire interview was a two part process: a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The phone interview was rather early in the morning and a couple of days later, they call you again and you go to the specific store you applied to for the in-person interview. Personally, i would have preferred to just do a single in-person interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult-to-answer question the interviewer asked was to describe the last time I was a part of a team, the assignment we were given, and how we accomplished that assignment.   Answer Question

Queen Creek, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within that week I got a call scheduling an interview for that Monday at the store...kinda surprised me at how fast it was.

Once arriving at Target I was questioned by a Target member (Why Target? Name an experience where you had to deal with a lot of things at once. Name a time where you went above and beyond someone's expectations. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Have you ever worked in retail?) and she would scribble my answers down as I spoke. Afterwards she made me watch a short video about the position I was applying for and then told me to go back out and wait for the head of the department to talk to me. The department head greeted me, brought me back to the same room I was originally in and asked me the some of the same questions as in the first interview along with "Are you still interested? Did you learn anything from the video? Do you think you're able to move boxes and move at quick pace?" in which he would scribble down my answers. It was very brief and both interviewers were extremely friendly which made me a lot more relaxed since it was my first job. After talking with him I waited shortly for the HR lady to talk to me in which she offered me a job, told me about my drug test I had to take, and that she'd call me for orientation.

She did say 7-10 days for an orientation call but it ended up being a little more than 2 weeks; I didn't call because I didn't really stress about it. But after the call for orientation, I spent 4 paid hours dressed up in red and khaki along with 5 other new members where we filled a bunch of paperwork, watched boring yet semi-entertaining training videos, and then took a tour of the store - my first day was two days after.

I've worked at Target for over a week now and it's tiring. Everyone is extremely nice though but just be sure you eat a good breakfast in the morning, don't mind running around the store on your feet, and learn as you go because it is a bit fast.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had multiple tasks due, what did you do.   Answer Question

Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at home, but for some reason it told me I had to finish the application process in the store. I went the next week to complete the application process. I waited for about a week and a half to hear from someone. I ended up calling the store to check the status of my application and was told they will be calling me back within the next week to set up an interview time. I was called back within 5 days to set up an interview, but was asked if I was able to adjust my availability, because on my application I put I was available from 8am to 10:30pm and they needed me to be available from 6:00am. I told them I really couldn't do that, but since I was in a desperate need of a job I said I could do it temporarily. The next week I went in for the interview, my first interview was with the Team Lead for the Flow Team. They just read from a sheet of paper interview questions and I guess gave it a rating. Then I was asked if I could wait and interview with the ETL for a second interview. I waited for 30 minutes. It was the same kind of process and questions from a general interview paper. I was told I had the job and to go meet with HR to finish the paper work. 2 weeks later I started my orientation and training.

Interview Question – Nothing really just questions asking what would you do in this situation, tell me of a time you had to do this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Everett, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called for an interview 3 days later. The interview was pretty easy and straight forward. Got called by HR to do a pre-employment drug test, was hired right after.

Interview Question – How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Antioch, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I Applied online and in 5 days I got a call saying they were interested in conducting an interview I accepted and 3 interviews followed the first one was a STL and that one was just as you would expect as was the interview with the ETL of Logistics and then an interview with the ETL of the HR department and I got a job offer right after the third interview concluded and went in for the drug test then about a week and a half later I started working

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations rate of pay is $8.75/hr plus $1/hr extra for overnight

Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Took online tests that asked absurd questions like "What percentage of people do you think cheat on their income tax" and "What percentage of politicians do you think can be trusted?" They called a few days later for an interview. I arrived and was interviewed by an ETL. I then had to watch a video that showed members in a fast paced environment working hard. I then had to take a written test with about 20 basic math questions. I then interviewed with another ETL. I then met with HR and was told the job was $8.50 regardless of education or experience. You then take a drug test.

You are then scheduled for orientation and watch an anti-union propaganda video that makes it clear that Target is clearly anti-union and expects their workers to be the same.

You watch another absurd video where a prankster employee jokingly rams another employee with a shopping cart provoking a rude (understandably) response from the guy he essentially went out of his way to assault and harass, At the end of the scenario the guy who was minding his own business and was hit by the cart was fired. I kinda figured it would go the other way LOL.

Overall a lot of red tape and leg work to get hired at Target.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable $8.50.

Very Easy Interview

Fenton, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview regular questions like any other retail store nothing huge

Interview Question – Name a time you had trouble with a customer what did you do to resolve   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Derby, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – There is a three interview process. the first being a phone interview about your experience in retail and why you are wanting to work there, what not. Also they ask about a time where you provided exceptional guest service or had to deal with a difficult customer. They are also big on team work so they ask questions about how well you work with a team & how if you saw your team struggling you would help ect. The second interview is basically the same thing at the store with a short quiz before hand seeing your service skills and what not. The final interview is basically just meeting the store manager & seeing if you would like the accept the job kind of a formality.

Interview Question – How you handle conflict with a guest.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

Interview Details – Application was completed online and submitted, including a fairly extensive personality assessment. Follow-up was a phone screen about a week later with general interview questions ("Describe a challenge you faced in the workplace", etc.). I got a call soon after requesting a live interview. The live interview basically went over the phone screen questions a bit more in-depth, seemed like it was just for the HR person to get a better feel for me. An offer was made at the end of the interview, and a drug test was required withing 24 hours of the offer. I missed my 24-hour window due to work and lab hours conflicting, so I called back and apologized, and they had me come in for another "interview" so I could get another drug test form. That was promptly taken care of, and I had my orientation call a few days later after my test came back clean.

Interview Question – They only asked basic interview questions, nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered somewhere around $8/hour or a bit over, and I asked if they could come up to $9. The answer was no, but they met me right in the middle at $8.50/hour. They are constrained by policy and budget and the fact that's it's an easy job, but there's usually some wiggle room.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Flow Team Member interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.