Target

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

The interview process seemed unorganized. I came in and had to take an assessment test first. I was then taken back to a room where I waited 15 minutes for the first one-on-one interview. After that I was told to wait around because they were going to perform my second interview the same day. I waited for over half an hour before my second interviewer arrived. About half way through the 2nd interview I was asked if I even knew what I was being interviewed for. I told him I had applied for two different positions online and named them... but it turned out I was being interviewed for an entirely different position than anything I had applied for. After answering a couple more questions he left the room and another person came in and took me to fill out some paperwork and sent me to go get drug tested.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were generic: Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have that relates to this position? What are your strengths? What are some things you could improve on? These were followed by some scenario questions and how you would handle them such as if you had a difficult guest, if someone told you the price of an item rang up incorrectly, if you were out of a product a guest was looking for. The first and second set of interview questions were identical except for the scenario questions.   Answer Question

I declined because of a few reasons. Everyone who had a part in my interview process seemed rushed, miserable and they gave off an "I hate my job" kind of vibe. The actual store location was less than desirable, especially for the pay. It wasn't the job I had even applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

The interview is easy, about a 20 minute process. They ask what are your best qualities, what would you current supervisor say you could improve on. Situation questions ie. tell me about a time that you had to handle a problem with an upset and irate customer. How would you handle a situation where...

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job?...it's a job as a cashier and cart pusher, no one wants that job   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the hourly rate is $8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Applied after going into store and asking if they were hiring. Received a call 2 days later to schedule a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was very simple, mostly questions about previous retail experience, which I did not have but answered to best of my ability. After about 4 days, I called the hiring manager and asked if I could come in for a face to face interview, which she scheduled for the following Thursday. The interview day came and it was an interview with easy questions, mostly about how one would respond to a certain situation with a customer. I was hired the next day and told to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would deal with an angry customer who wants something done that the store cannot do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in May 2013.

Two part.
    On the phone- basic interview questions you'll find or have ANYWHERE
    In person...with Executive TEam leader and Human and Resource person.

Why do you want to work for Target?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    When was a time you had to go beyond what was asked of you?

Interview Questions
    • It isn't hard but.... "How would handle a guest who can't find a pair of shoes advertised in the paper?"   Answer Question
    None

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in May 2013.

Very relaxed interview process, started off with a phone interview to gauge your interest in the position followed by an in store interview. They don't hire for specific positions, they focus on hiring people that fit in with the culture and then put those people in positions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, interview was simple and straight forward.   Answer Question