Target

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Group Leader- Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

applied online, got an email to set up a phone interview. A HR rep called at the time I had set up for the interview. She started by talking about herself... a lot. Then she asked me about my college experiences which was odd because I graduated from college 2 years ago. Other than that it was questions using the STAR system which she quickly explained (not in detail) and simple questions. The interview was done within 10 mins. I asked the interviewer a few simple questions having to do with the questions she asked me. ex: She asked if I would consider a position in a different geographic location. I asked her if their were any opening in different geographic locations. To which she replied." well no that's just something I have to ask, I'm just looking for candidates for the Tifton location." After I asked a few more questions that she didnt really have answers for she told me she sent me an email for an assessment I needed to complete and that I would hear about the position within a week. I took the assessment and 4 days later I get an email saying I am no longer being considered.

Interview Questions
  • asked about my on campus experiences. I guess this was just to create a conversational tone to the interview but it was weird because I've been out of college for 2 years and had more recent experience that would have been better to speak about in the interview but when I tried to change the subject to my work experience, she seemed dissatisfied with my answers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

I met three recruiters at my university's supply chain career fair. I was called a few hours later to set up an interview for the morning. I interviewed with two of the recruiters I met the previous day. They were extremely nice! I was called back a week later to set up an interview at the distribution center. At the interview I was given a tour of the facility and I had two more interviews. Each consisted of two managers at the distribution center. The following day (Friday) I was called from a recruiter to inform me that the managers liked me and that they would call me within two weeks to let me know if I will be offered a position. On Monday, they called me with an offer. I was instructed to take a drug test within 24 hours. This whole process started in March and lasted about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were expected. First they asked why I desired to work for Target and then asked me some behavioral based questions.   Answer Question
    I never had the opportunity to negotiate. The offer included an hourly rate which was more then I had expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in October 2012.

I met a recruiter at a college campus career fair. Two days later I was invited to interview on my school campus and was asked a series of basic behavioral questions (ex. Tell me about a time when you made a difficult decision). Target is very team and leadership oriented so they are looking for leadership examples in your answers. A few days later I was asked back for a second-round interview at their headquarters. The interview questions were the same for the 2nd interview, but instead of talking to one person at a time, you talk to a panel of 3, 3 times in a row. Essentially you have 3 back-to-back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are necessarily difficult, but it's hard not to be repetitive when you're asked the same thing by three different groups consecutively. For example, Tell me about a difficult time you overcame, tell me a time you made a difficult decision, tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't want to do, etc.   Answer Question

Group Leader Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

The process consisted off an initial phone conversation followed by a phone interview, which lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were behavioral based. I was then asked to visit a the distribution center for an interview with the management team. While there I went through a warehouse tour, and 3 2:1 behavioral based interviews lasting about 30-45 minutes each. I was told by the recruiter before the interview I would be contacted the following day and informed if I would be moving forward with them or not. The recruiter did contact me the next day as promised. I was not selected to move forward. I am not sure why. I was very prepared going into the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

A target recruiter called out of the blue to describe the open position and determine if there was interest. After interest was expressed the recruiter scheduled a series of two to three phone screening interviews. A mixture of regular questions were asked paired with situational questions. After I passed the phone interview portions an on-site interview was scheduled. The on-site interviews consisted of three panel interviews with senior group leaders, general managers, and HR managers. Very strange environment. I was taken to multiple rooms for interviews and multiple areas while waiting by myself in between them. Each interview was lead by casually dressed individuals reading from a very scripted interview packet. You start to wonder if any of them could stand on their own two feet without the packets. Notes were taken on the packets in an obvious situation, action, result format. Important to have extremely specific examples prepared ahead of time that follow that format of what was the situation, what did you do, and what were the results of the actions. Best advice I can give is to have up to twelve examples rehearsed in the SAR format ahead of time.Good luck with the interview process. Get ready to appear as though you drank the kool-aid. Some of the questions were as follows:

Tell me about a time when you challenged someone to do a better job.

Describe a person you have had the most difficulty motivating.

Tell me about a time when you failed to deliver on a work commitment.

Provide an example when you helped someone improve their work performance.

Tell me about a time when you challenged the opinion of another in a group setting.

Describe a time when you hit a barrier or challenge to accomplish a goal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you brought up an issue to someone else that others were not comfortable bringing up.   Answer Question