Target Group Leader Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Process was quick, took about 2 weeks.
had one telephone interview with HR, 3 interviews in person with senior group leaders and a final telephone interview with HR from head office.

Interview Questions
  • All were behavioral questions, can be answered based on STAR method.   Answer Question

Location and shift preferences

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2010.

Fill out an online application and complete a test. If you pass, then the recruiter will set you up with the details for the interview. You will do three separate interviews, each lasting 45 minutes. They will be with Senior Group Leaders, as well as the GM. All questions are behavior-based questions, so use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action and Result) for them. After the interviews are complete, you'll get a short guided tour of the distribution center from another Group Leader. You should hear something in a week from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How did you approach that person?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, but they offered me above my old salary and it was a reasonable offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Went through phone interview, then was asked to take what was basically a competency test. I passed even though I was preoccupied. I would not recommend doing this while working or trying to complete other tasks. Set some time aside to complete this.
    If you pass all this, they'll invite you to the Distribution Center for interviews. They'll give you a quick tour before you go through 3 different interviews with 6 people (2 per). Questions are all behavioral (Tell me about a time....).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a member of your work group was not pulling his or her weight. What did you do about it?   View Answer

Group Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

There is a series of 6 interviews in 4 stages. First two are phone based interviews with a member of HR. If they decide you are a good fit they will set you up with a building tour and a series of 3 interviews on that same day. The interviews consist of pretty standard situation based questions. Use the STAR format to answer. The final interview is also a phone interview.

UPDATE:
    After 8 weeks and a series of 8 interviews, I was not offered a position. I asked the HR Manager on my last interview when they will be hiring for the position I interviewed for and her exact words were..."That's tricky. We really don't have any openings at the moment but like to keep interviewing in case a position opens up". Target is actively recruiting on campuses and online for positions that are not open. Because of the unprofessional conduct Target displayed, I will no longer shop at their stores. To string candidates along for a lengthy amount of time for positions that are not open is unethical. Applicants for this position, please proceed with caution.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake. Describe a time you took initiative and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in December 2013.

Very straight forward and pretty much everything the recruiter said would be asked...was. So there's no real surprises really. Tell them what sounds good and what they expect to hear in how your past experience builds relationships and collaborates with others.

They look for that "corporate personality" and superficial team player and if you don't like that type of thing, don't waste your time.

All of the people I interviewed with were good looking individuals...hmmmmm; very interesting. Most are hired on it seems for the off shifts...unless of course you're good looking. :)

Recruiter was upbeat type corporate "cheerleader" with not much clue about operations and made up a lot of things that were contrary to what was said in the last interview

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing unexpected. All questions pretty much as the recruiter had said. Got cut off on the video conference though which was unexpected.   Answer Question

off shift that would not be conducive to family life and being involved with kids activities

Group Leader Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Spoke to a recruiter during a university career fair where he told me to go ahead and apply via the corporate website but to leave my resume so he could select my application.

The first interview was a lot of fun and was primarily based on behavioral questions as well as explanations of past experiences.

The second round was, in the first place, comprised of a warehouse tour for a few hours in the morning followed by three interviews with two interviewers each. The questions were largely repeats of the first round but I was unable to express myself as vividly and effectively as I usually do (thanks to very little sleep the night before). Otherwise, it seemed like a very laid back place to work with coworkers of diverse backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very broad and generic. Examples include "Give an example of a time you exercised leadership" or "Give an example of a time you faced a difficulty and explain how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Started with a initial 15 minute phone call with Talent Acquisition which lead to a scheduled 30 minute STAR format phone interview with same Talent Acquisition personnel. Based on that interview I was scheduled for an onsite (although would have been video conference if I hadn't been coming into town anyway). In this interview I got a facility tour and 3 interviews with 2 upper level managers of the facility each, including the HR Manager and the General Manager. Once I had passed this round of interviews I was scheduled for another phone interview with a member of the district team. None of the interviews were anything unexpected - everything was behavioral based and kept with the STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difference of opinion with co-worker or boss.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. They offered more than I had originally been told the range would be.

Anonymous Employee  in  Stuarts Draft, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Called by corporate recruiter, scheduled phone interview for week later. Last 45 minutes or so, situational based, talked a lot about Target culture. Said they were going to schedule an onsite interview with DC in 10 days, but never head back. Sent f/u email and left v/m with recruiter asking for feedback, no response.

Interview Questions
    • She asked why I would be a good fit for the position, not from an experience standpoint, but from a developmental standpoint.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Email reply from online resume submission. Brief phone interview w/recruiter from corporate, then scheduled 4-hour tour and chain interview w/3 or 4 groups of 2 each doing interview. Formal interview started off with a tour of the distribution center itself with an overview of operations and some discussion of how people advance in their company from many different areas.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard, and I was told I would hear back w/in a week. After 2 weeks I called the warehouse who were surprised I hadn't heard anything.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Lugoff, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Lugoff, SC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

The interview process consists of basic behavioral questions. They are really looking for people with good communications skills, so if you are a bit nervous if you stumble over your words they are probably not going to hire you. They hire from all disciplines, meaning any and all majors. History, English, ect... so do not expect to use any skills you might have learned in b-school

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made sure someone else received credit...   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!