Target Group Leader Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Rialto, CA).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair on campus. Signed up for an interview on campus that Friday. Interview consisted of 5 behavior questions and took about 30 minutes. There were two interviewers in the room. I felt slightly overdressed in my suit because they were both wearing polos and khakis. Received a call the following Tuesday inviting me to an on-site interview at the DC in Ontario. The visit consisted of three interviews with the exact same format at the first (5 behavioral questions - "Tell me about a time when..."). All three interviews were 30-40 minutes (2 on 1) with different managers/directors in the plant. At the end of the week, I was asked to do a final phone interview with the Group Leader director from headquarters. Received an offer 3 days later. Did not accept for location reasons. Absolutely loved everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest strength? biggest weakness? What would your past employers say are your biggest strength and weakness? Tell me about a time when you did not have enough information to solve a problem and how did you go about solving it. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Interview

Phone screen followed by an on site interview. The total interview process took 3-4 weeks. They look for specific examples of situations to assess how you handled the situation. The best way to interview is situation, behavior and outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took credit for work you didn't do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given relocation but the offer was generous so there wasn't negotiation needed.

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty extensive. Its primarily a behavioral interview. You have 1 phone interview and 4 panel interviews on the same day which its tiring. However the overall experience was good as its was very well organized. It took about 2 weeks of negotiation however it was fair and they were able to meet me half way on most of the terms.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time on which you dissagreed with a peer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiated compensation, and schedule.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone screen was easy. They basically walked you through how to answer the questions on the phone. They also prepared you for what you would be facing at the on-site interview. On-site interview was tough. I had three rounds of five questions from two different employees (HR personnel and current Group Leaders) lasting 40+ minutes a piece.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decisions with little or no information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Target (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

i went and set around , then they called me. i had 2 intrviews with same questions. i answered them all. i felt it was easy. i had 2 out of 3 . they told me they call me next week.

Group Leader Interview

Interview

I went to an interview at my career fair. The interview was a 2 on 1 and the first round consisted of 5 "tell me a time when..." questions. They seemed to be looking for leadership, communication, and cooperation skills. The second interview was at a Distribution Center and consisted of three, 30 minute long, interviews. Each interview was 5 "tell me a time when..." and similar to the first interview in nature.

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Pueblo, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Passed two phone interviews, behavioral based questions. Travel expenses all paid for by Target. 10am interview, lasted about 6 hours. I toured DC with a GL, then 5 behavioral based questions from 3 panel interviews of 2 people each. Recruiter was excellent on description of what to expect.

Interview Questions

• All STAR based, Tell me about a time when _____. Recruiter told me exactly what to expect, I failed miserably on conveying my skill sets. I wouldn't have hired me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I found the position through a friend and applied online. I was contacted by HR Recruiter and had a brief phone interview and asked to do an online test (logic, some math). This was followed by a more in depth phone interview and conversation about the position. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with two senior leaders per interview. They focus mostly on how you work through a situation, how you reflected on the experience, and how you used your experience going forward. They look for leaders who focus on people and long term trends over black and white situations. Overall very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, although they push to see if you learned from your experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me a salary based on my degree and previous job. No sign on bonus incentives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Cedar Falls, IA) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied on-line. The next day I recieved an email from a recruiter. I called her. She spoke with me on the phone and asked a couple of questions. She then called the next day for a more formal interview. She then forwarded me a test that I had to take. It was behavioral questions as well as critical thinking questions. So I took that and the next day she called and said she would like me to have a face-to-face interview. That was for the next week. I went to the distribution center and had panal interviews. There were 3 interviews, 2 people each. They were really nice, and professional. After the interviews, the recruiter called me three hours later to tell me they would like to move to the next step. That is a phone call from a group manager that is at corp. He called on that Friday and asked behvioral questions like before. However, I found these more difficult. My recruiter called me by the end of the day to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still in the process