Target Group Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.5

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Group Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

The hiring process is pretty extensive. Its primarily a behavioral interview. You have 1 phone interview and 4 panel interviews on the same day which its tiring. However the overall experience was good as its was very well organized. It took about 2 weeks of negotiation however it was fair and they were able to meet me half way on most of the terms.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time on which you dissagreed with a peer?   Answer Question
negotiated compensation, and schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Phone screen was easy. They basically walked you through how to answer the questions on the phone. They also prepared you for what you would be facing at the on-site interview. On-site interview was tough. I had three rounds of five questions from two different employees (HR personnel and current Group Leaders) lasting 40+ minutes a piece.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decisions with little or no information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

i went and set around , then they called me. i had 2 intrviews with same questions. i answered them all. i felt it was easy. i had 2 out of 3 . they told me they call me next week.

Group Leader Interview

I went to an interview at my career fair. The interview was a 2 on 1 and the first round consisted of 5 "tell me a time when..." questions. They seemed to be looking for leadership, communication, and cooperation skills. The second interview was at a Distribution Center and consisted of three, 30 minute long, interviews. Each interview was 5 "tell me a time when..." and similar to the first interview in nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pueblo, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Passed two phone interviews, behavioral based questions. Travel expenses all paid for by Target. 10am interview, lasted about 6 hours. I toured DC with a GL, then 5 behavioral based questions from 3 panel interviews of 2 people each. Recruiter was excellent on description of what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • All STAR based, Tell me about a time when _____. Recruiter told me exactly what to expect, I failed miserably on conveying my skill sets. I wouldn't have hired me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

I found the position through a friend and applied online. I was contacted by HR Recruiter and had a brief phone interview and asked to do an online test (logic, some math). This was followed by a more in depth phone interview and conversation about the position. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with two senior leaders per interview. They focus mostly on how you work through a situation, how you reflected on the experience, and how you used your experience going forward. They look for leaders who focus on people and long term trends over black and white situations. Overall very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, although they push to see if you learned from your experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered me a salary based on my degree and previous job. No sign on bonus incentives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

I applied on-line. The next day I recieved an email from a recruiter. I called her. She spoke with me on the phone and asked a couple of questions. She then called the next day for a more formal interview. She then forwarded me a test that I had to take. It was behavioral questions as well as critical thinking questions. So I took that and the next day she called and said she would like me to have a face-to-face interview. That was for the next week. I went to the distribution center and had panal interviews. There were 3 interviews, 2 people each. They were really nice, and professional. After the interviews, the recruiter called me three hours later to tell me they would like to move to the next step. That is a phone call from a group manager that is at corp. He called on that Friday and asked behvioral questions like before. However, I found these more difficult. My recruiter called me by the end of the day to tell me I got the job.

Still in the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midlothian, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Initial contact was with Recuriter via email to set up time to speak and get to know more about me. During phone interview with recuriter there were about 5 situtional questions asked and why I am interested in Target. About an hour after speaking with the recuriter I was invited to the DC for an interview with the management team. During the interview process at the facility the company conducted a tour of the facility (be engaged), more detailed information about the company, then 3 2:1 interviews with the Senior Group Leaders, HR Representatives. Each interview took about 45 minutes and I would recommend using the STAR method during the interview process. Questions are situational based and you should respond with the situation, actions taken, and resolution. The day after the facility interview I was contacted by the recruiter informing me I had it to the final round of interviews which was scheduled about a week later with the regional HR Manager. This interview is more of getting to know more about you, strengthes and weaknesses, where do you see yourself 3 -5 years from now. Interview was short and sweet however very open. HR Manager informed the next step in the process is that she will speak with my recruiter and the faciliy leaders and I will hear back with the final decision within a couple of days. I would say all went very well! I just completed this step therefore awaiting the news from my recruiter. The further you get in the process the better. I will update when an offer is extended :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suffolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Went to a career fair, met with an HR rep. Was later contacted and scheduled for an on campus interview. Was moved to the next round and brought to their distribution center for a video and tour, and then a series of 3 interviews of 2 people each. Mostly pehavioural questions. They seem to want people who are laid back and fun, even though all of their questions are geared toward negative experiences. Twist the answer around into something positive. Don't get hang up on the negatives of the bad situation they're grilling you on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when someone isn't performing. How did you deal with them.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Started with a initial 15 minute phone call with Talent Acquisition which lead to a scheduled 30 minute STAR format phone interview with same Talent Acquisition personnel. Based on that interview I was scheduled for an onsite (although would have been video conference if I hadn't been coming into town anyway). In this interview I got a facility tour and 3 interviews with 2 upper level managers of the facility each, including the HR Manager and the General Manager. Once I had passed this round of interviews I was scheduled for another phone interview with a member of the district team. None of the interviews were anything unexpected - everything was behavioral based and kept with the STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difference of opinion with co-worker or boss.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. They offered more than I had originally been told the range would be.