Target

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

West Jefferson, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Interview Question – Conflict with co-workers   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Lengthy Interview. Be prepared to spend the whole day. Scenario based questions. Tell me about a time.... Seemed like they weren't interested in someone who could think outside the box, but rather just do the job as described. Will need to be a motivated team player. Received a response that was not selected within less than a day. Disappointing because it seemed like a positive interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was super difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I found the position through a friend and applied online. I was contacted by HR Recruiter and had a brief phone interview and asked to do an online test (logic, some math). This was followed by a more in depth phone interview and conversation about the position. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with two senior leaders per interview. They focus mostly on how you work through a situation, how you reflected on the experience, and how you used your experience going forward. They look for leaders who focus on people and long term trends over black and white situations. Overall very pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, although they push to see if you learned from your experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered me a salary based on my degree and previous job. No sign on bonus incentives.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Group Leader interview questions and advice in Ohio. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.