Target Guest Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.9

Guest Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one then drug test then you are hired

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

Behavioral questions and you have to answer them in a three step process. But the most important is to built rapport and Target prefers to hire people they know instead of outsiders. it's difficult to advance unless you have relationship with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later got a call to see if I was still interested. Due to schedule conflicts, didn't have interview until a week later with a Team Leader. Before I sat down for the interview, I had to do a questionnaire on the computer. It took about 10 minutes and then I met the person who was to interview me. Interview questions were all behavioral-based and the whole process lasted about half an hour. Some of the questions asked during the interview: 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team and how did you do. 3) Tell me about a time when you made a mistake from your previous employment. What happened and what did you do to fix the problem/mistake. I prepared ahead of time and had my own list of questions to ask about the company, work environment, advancement opportunities, etc. Being prepared really helped me get over my nervousness and the whole interview process wasn't too bad. I had a 2nd interview with an Executive Team Leader a week later (would of been sooner but had a schedule conflict) and it lasted about 15 minutes. The one question I can remember is that I was asked to sell her a pen. I didn't even had the chance to ask my own questions since I was offered the job right away. Received a conditional job offer contingent to whether I passed the required drug screening test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a work situation you had to deal with when you didn't have all the skill sets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay for the position is low, in my opinion. Even though I have over 10+ years in retail, they wouldn't negotiate a higher rate. I accepted the position despite the low pay because I wanted to get back into the work force after being absent for 3 years to be a full-time mom.

Guest Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in April 2012.

Interview

Will try to low ball you on salary.

Negotiation

They won't pay over minimum,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I interviewed at Target (Macon, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Just ask simple questions like what if you see a customer taking something, what woud you do?

Negotiation

30 hours plus weekly

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was very simple since I was a rehire. I was asked about my life goals and values and how I can help Target in the future.

Interview Questions

• Asked about which department you would least like to work in and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Corpus Christi, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Applied at the store on the terminal. Two days later got the call for first interview. One week later offered conditional employment after passing a drug test started the very next day

Guest Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

was easy not hard at all

Negotiation

you start at 7.25 an hr you get a raise once a year

Guest Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in May 2008.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, both at a mass hire event. It was a very chaotic atmosphere yet the interviews were very calm. I had a very pleasant interview experience and was offered the position about a week after my interviews. I felt confident at the interview as this was not my first retail position. I knew I had the job after the interview and before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any unexpectected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate...