Target

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Service Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Phone interview then one on one then drug test then you are hired

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Macon, GA

I interviewed at Target in February 2010.

Interview Details – Just ask simple questions like what if you see a customer taking something, what woud you do?

Negotiation Details – 30 hours plus weekly

Guest Service Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in April 2012.

Interview Details – Will try to low ball you on salary.

Negotiation Details – They won't pay over minimum,

Guest Services Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very simple since I was a rehire. I was asked about my life goals and values and how I can help Target in the future.

Interview Question – Asked about which department you would least like to work in and why.   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and about a week later got a call to see if I was still interested. Due to schedule conflicts, didn't have interview until a week later with a Team Leader. Before I sat down for the interview, I had to do a questionnaire on the computer. It took about 10 minutes and then I met the person who was to interview me. Interview questions were all behavioral-based and the whole process lasted about half an hour.

Some of the questions asked during the interview:
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team and how did you do.
3) Tell me about a time when you made a mistake from your previous employment. What happened and what did you do to fix the problem/mistake.

I prepared ahead of time and had my own list of questions to ask about the company, work environment, advancement opportunities, etc. Being prepared really helped me get over my nervousness and the whole interview process wasn't too bad.

I had a 2nd interview with an Executive Team Leader a week later (would of been sooner but had a schedule conflict) and it lasted about 15 minutes. The one question I can remember is that I was asked to sell her a pen. I didn't even had the chance to ask my own questions since I was offered the job right away.

Received a conditional job offer contingent to whether I passed the required drug screening test.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a work situation you had to deal with when you didn't have all the skill sets.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay for the position is low, in my opinion. Even though I have over 10+ years in retail, they wouldn't negotiate a higher rate. I accepted the position despite the low pay because I wanted to get back into the work force after being absent for 3 years to be a full-time mom.

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied at the store on the terminal. Two days later got the call for first interview. One week later offered conditional employment after passing a drug test started the very next day

Interview Question – How have you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Guest Service Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – was easy not hard at all

Negotiation Details – you start at 7.25 an hr you get a raise once a year

Guest Service Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in May 2008.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews, both at a mass hire event. It was a very chaotic atmosphere yet the interviews were very calm. I had a very pleasant interview experience and was offered the position about a week after my interviews. I felt confident at the interview as this was not my first retail position. I knew I had the job after the interview and before I was offered the job.

Interview Question – There weren't really any unexpectected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing to negotiate...

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Guest Services interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.