Target

2.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2013.

I was applying for a 90 day seasonal position while I looked for a full-time career. The interview was pretty short. Basically, after completing the online application, you are given a call within 3-4 days. Once you get the call, you are called in for the face to face interview. (If you are applying around September or November and get a call, you pretty much have the job.)

Once called in, I had to fill out another questionnaire on one of their computers. There, it asks you a series of situational questions. Such as, "A customer comes to you to ask a question while you are helping another guest with their question, what do you NOT do?"

After completing that part, you will have the face to face with an ETL. I would recommend not over dressing or under dressing. I wore a dress shirt with dress pants, no tie.There you will be asked basic questions, so do not be nervous.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were basic. I would say the only tough one that always gets me is, "What is something you could improve on?"   View Answer
There was no real negotiation. They basically offered me 50 cents above minimum wage and I accepted. You then have to get a drug test done at a hospital.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Hardlines Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

The one interviewing you will be an LOD or leader on duty. Give examples and experiece on how you will handle a disgruntled customer or to solve an issue. Appear confident because you will always be talking to customers if you get the job. Mention selling the Redcards they are crazy about that! Mention how you will also try to get a customer to add onto their purchase as they always try to reach sale expectance everyday.

Interview Questions
    • If a guest is looking for something that is not on the floor what do you do?   View Answer

Hardlines Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

Online application

two interview

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation/conflict and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Hardline Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview almost an hour. Got interviewed by two people. Pretty Easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

The interview process was super quick and they mostly ask you situational questions

Interview Questions
    • its all really easy but they asked questions like Say a mother came in with her daughter looking for shoes and they didn't have what she was looking for what do you do/say?   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2012.

I applied on a Friday and got a call the following Monday to set up an interview. On the phone they asked me a couple questions like why I wanted to work at Target, do I like working as part of a team etc.

The in person interview had two parts- one with a Team Leader and the other with the H.R. person. They were both pretty straight forwards, the TL asked a series of questions like "name a time you had to work as part of a team", "describe a time that something didn't go as planned and how did you deal with it", "what would you do if you were helping a guest and you didn't know the answer to their question."

The interview with the H.R. person was easier, just a couple more basic questions that were easy to answer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Describe a time when something didn't go as planned"   Answer Question
    No negotiating, they said they start everyone at $7.75/ hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

I filled out my application sometime in summer 2011, didn't get called in for an interview until late September, interview just consisted of a general Q&A, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    Just go with what they give you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

Super easy to me. Hr called and asked me to come in for an interview and i choose a time they had open. When i got their I had to take 2 online test again then waited about 30 mins be ready to wait target is slow. All i remember is i had to interviews they wanted me for hardlines but I talked them into letting me cashier. The big question is why do you want to work for target and like 3 hour questions both in the same interview so nothing to hard. you know you got the job if you have to take a pee test but you only have 24 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

My interviewer was on the phone so they just ignored me. The second one was easy they just ask you basic questions like Why do you want to work here?

There is none

Hardlines Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2010.

Pretty standard interview--a few "Why do you want to work here?" type questions. One question I didn't particularly like was "Describe a time you were asked to complete a task which you were ill equipped to do so?" I found it to be rather vague and obnoxious. Generally a decent interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were asked to complete a task but were unable to do so?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate. I doubt I would have been successful.