Target

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leominster, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was applying for a 90 day seasonal position while I looked for a full-time career. The interview was pretty short. Basically, after completing the online application, you are given a call within 3-4 days. Once you get the call, you are called in for the face to face interview. (If you are applying around September or November and get a call, you pretty much have the job.)

Once called in, I had to fill out another questionnaire on one of their computers. There, it asks you a series of situational questions. Such as, "A customer comes to you to ask a question while you are helping another guest with their question, what do you NOT do?"

After completing that part, you will have the face to face with an ETL. I would recommend not over dressing or under dressing. I wore a dress shirt with dress pants, no tie.There you will be asked basic questions, so do not be nervous.

Interview Question – The questions were basic. I would say the only tough one that always gets me is, "What is something you could improve on?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation. They basically offered me 50 cents above minimum wage and I accepted. You then have to get a drug test done at a hospital.

Hardlines

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The one interviewing you will be an LOD or leader on duty. Give examples and experiece on how you will handle a disgruntled customer or to solve an issue. Appear confident because you will always be talking to customers if you get the job. Mention selling the Redcards they are crazy about that! Mention how you will also try to get a customer to add onto their purchase as they always try to reach sale expectance everyday.

Interview Question – If a guest is looking for something that is not on the floor what do you do?   View Answer

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on a Friday and got a call the following Monday to set up an interview. On the phone they asked me a couple questions like why I wanted to work at Target, do I like working as part of a team etc.

The in person interview had two parts- one with a Team Leader and the other with the H.R. person. They were both pretty straight forwards, the TL asked a series of questions like "name a time you had to work as part of a team", "describe a time that something didn't go as planned and how did you deal with it", "what would you do if you were helping a guest and you didn't know the answer to their question."

The interview with the H.R. person was easier, just a couple more basic questions that were easy to answer on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "Describe a time when something didn't go as planned"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, they said they start everyone at $7.75/ hr

Hardlines

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Online application

two interview

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation/conflict and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Hardline Interview

Hardline

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview almost an hour. Got interviewed by two people. Pretty Easy

Interview Question – what is your weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was super quick and they mostly ask you situational questions

Interview Question – its all really easy but they asked questions like Say a mother came in with her daughter looking for shoes and they didn't have what she was looking for what do you do/say?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out my application sometime in summer 2011, didn't get called in for an interview until late September, interview just consisted of a general Q&A, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to be a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just go with what they give you.

Valencia, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – My interviewer was on the phone so they just ignored me. The second one was easy they just ask you basic questions like Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is none

La Plata, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – Super easy to me. Hr called and asked me to come in for an interview and i choose a time they had open. When i got their I had to take 2 online test again then waited about 30 mins be ready to wait target is slow. All i remember is i had to interviews they wanted me for hardlines but I talked them into letting me cashier. The big question is why do you want to work for target and like 3 hour questions both in the same interview so nothing to hard. you know you got the job if you have to take a pee test but you only have 24 hours.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for target   Answer Question

Hardlines

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview--a few "Why do you want to work here?" type questions. One question I didn't particularly like was "Describe a time you were asked to complete a task which you were ill equipped to do so?" I found it to be rather vague and obnoxious. Generally a decent interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were asked to complete a task but were unable to do so?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate. I doubt I would have been successful.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Hardline interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.