Target Interview Questions in Honolulu, HI

Updated Dec 12, 2014

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

I Submitted an inquiry on an open position and in about a week I received a call and had an interview conducted over the phone. Upon completion I was asked if I was available to come in for a second interview which was scheduled days later. After meeting with one team member I was also waiting to have a third interview with another team member. Overall I would rate the process as informal and insightful .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were met with opposition but still performed beyond expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you had to juggle multiple tasks at once?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2011.

The entire interview process started at a career fair at my school. About 2 weeks later I received an email from a recruiter wondering if we could set up a time that we could talk for about 10-15 minutes. The phone interview started off with very basic questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Target? Tell me one of your leadership strengths? Leadership weaknesses?

Then it moved on into more behavioral questions: Can you tell me about a time when you faced a problem and explain how you solved it and describe the steps you took in order to solve it. (There was one other but I cannot remember it right now).

At the end of the phone interview I was then told that she was going to move me ahead in the process and forward my information to the nearest location. About 3 days later I received an email from a local store asking if I could meet for an interview the following week.

I went to this location and met with 2 reprsentatives (the Store Team Leader and a Executive Team Leader). This interview was one of the best interviews I have ever been on. They were very relaxed, easy to talk to, funny. I had a great time talking with them even before the formal interview even started! After about 20 minutes of talking a bit about my educational background and work history they pulled out a packet that had pre-written behavioral questions. These questions included:

Tell me about a time that you worked in a team.
    Tell me about a time when you had a dispute with a superior and how you overcame it.
    Tell me about a time when you were planning for the future.
    Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision and not everyone agreed, how did you overcome this?

Other questions that I can remember include:
    - What is Targets Mission? (Fun, Fast Friendly)
    -Why do you want to work for Target?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I had about 1-2 more questions that I cannot remember right now. They are generally all similar, simply worded differently. I think that they want to figure out how you face a problem and the steps you take to try and overcome it. Make sure that you point out WHAT YOU DID to make the positive outcome possible. At the end of this interview I was told on the spot that they would move me along in the process.

The next day I received another email asking when I would be available within the next week for an interview with the District Team Leader. This time I met at the store and met with a human resources manager along with the district manager. This was a bit more of a formal interview, it felt more serious to me. We spent less time talking about work history etc. and dove straight into the formal questions.

Again I was asked basic questions like:

-Tell me about yourself?
    - Why do you want to work for Target?
    -What type of leader are you?
    - What would it be like to work for you?

Then we moved on into the formal packet interviewing questions:
    - Can you tell me about a time when you were working in a group and had to motivate someone?
    - Tell me about a time when you were working in a group and a team member disagreed with your decision. What did you do about about it?
    - Tell me about a time when you solved a problem and you looked back and thought "I could have done that better."
    - Tell me about a time when you had a dispute with a team member or supervisor and how you went about solving it.

After this interview I was told that they would be in contact with me over the next two days to schedule a store walk through. About 4 hours after the interview I received a phone call from another store's team leader informing me that my information had been forwarded to her and that the people interviewing me earlier thought i would likely be a good fit for the new store. So we set up an in-store walk through and another interview with her (the store team leader) and someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you faced a problem and looked back and thought "I should have done that differently."   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you were working in a team and had to motivate someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with a superior or co-worker and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you were planning for the future and what steps you took to achieve your goal.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation