Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 12, 2014

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process consists of four interviews. It's a long process of several weeks and the questions at each interview are all behavioral question. I have a very positive experience, the recruiter gave me feedback to improve my interview skills by being concise, keep the answers to their questions for at most 2.5 minutes. Make sure you give them the situation, your behavior, and then the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected behavioral question: explain a time when your long-term goal changed something you did every day. I used a personal example and that was fine. It does not all have to be professional.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Apply online and was called a week later to do a phone interview. took about 5 minutes. Told to coe in on Monday and do a interview face to face. Walked in the store and took a small test and watch a video before my inerview with the lady. Quick nice and kind people after my interview i was ask to take a seat for a min to wait for another person. At that point I was offer the job and took it.

Interview Questions
    • Customer brought up a item and it ring up as 19.99 but she said it was 17.99. What do you do?   Answer Question
    none

Senior Or Lead Loss Prevention Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Three step to the interview process...Talk to three hiring personnel...You go live interview with first two, the last may or may not be a phone interview. Wait a few days for a answer. Smile a lot and show ability. Pay is set on retail and security experience combined. To get max pay.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions...all standard across the board.   View Answer
    Not much I got the max pay.

Price Accuracy Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

You first interview with one of Target's ETLs, basically an assistant manager, then you move on to STL(Store Manager), then the District manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are, Tell me about a time... They want a very specific event with details including the situation, circumstance, and resolution. Target hires bubbly cheerleader types most often. They are also suckers for key words and business lingo; manage execution, I championed blah, spear head, on board, development, culture   Answer Question
    none

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

I applied online to 3 different positions. A few days later I received a call regarding one of those positions (flow team, overnight)—asking if I was still interested and what pay rate I would like, as well as confirming when I could work. My phone interview was scheduled for 11:30pm the next day, so I had about 36 hours to prepare. They called 15 minutes early, and the phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes as well. I had researched behavioral interview questions and was probably TOO prepared, but that's (more than) okay. They scheduled me to come in the following day at 11pm for my in-person interview with the ETL as well as watching a video and taking an assessment. This second interview was also brief and easy, but the assessment was more challenging for me because I've never worked retail. There were scenarios like what would you be most likely and least likely to do when you're helping one person and another person shows up, if you caught a co-worker stealing, etc. The second half of the assessment was all math specific to logistics, such as knowing how to read basic data tables and line graphs as well as how to work with percentages. Most of the stuff revolved around comparing three flow team members' productivity in a given week or comparing shipment size. Nothing tough if I'd had a scratch sheet of paper, but doing it all in my head really slowed me down. I then came in three days later to talk with the head of HR and an HR team member. They explained the position some more, asked if I wanted to accept it, told me to take the drug test within 24 hours, and told me training would happen two weeks from now. Took the drug test so now I wait.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of: Talk about a time that you were in a leadership position and what you could've done better.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The HR manager told me starting salary was $8.50 and that employees working the night shift get paid an additional dollar an hour.

Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

The hiring process was great. I met with recruiters at my college career fair and was selected for a first round interview.

The first interview was very basic with questions such as, "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want to work for target", "Tell me about a time" questions that related to experience in group projects.

For the second round, I met with the District Team leader and a Store team leader. Again, there were "Tell me about a time" questions. Also, "where do you see yourself in five years". It is good to relate your experiences to team work and leadership.

I had a third round (phone interview) with the District Team leader from a different region (because I wanted to work full-time in that region instead). So that was an opportunity for me to meet someone from that area and get approval to work there upon completion of my internship. (Note: this third round was an exception for me since I wanted to work in a different region than where I would be interning at)

My final round interview was over the phone with the Group Director. This interview was much more of an interview than I thought it would be. I expected it to be a little bit more basic since I already went through 3 interviews, but I was still asked some behavioral questions.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

I had phone interview with a recruiter , she asked me about why I want to join target,

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

I was recruited by Target at a job fair. I arrived for my first interview, where I sat with about 10 other applicants. I was called back for round one...passed and was told I would be taken up front to schedule my second interview. No scheduling involved, just herded back into another room, completely unprepared for what was happening.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you resolved a conflict where people had two opposing opinions. What actions did you take?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

I filled out the online application and it took a little over a week before I got a call from someone wanting to schedule an over the phone interview. He double checked my open availability and then set up a time I could expect a call. He set it for ten am, but said it could be as late as 12, and asked if I could keep a two hour window open, in case anything happened. On the day I was supposed to get the call, I didn't get it until 1130 because they were having technical difficulties. The phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes. It was very basic questions (I'll list all the ones I remember below) and I was asked to come in for a face to face that day. I came in and had to take a short assessment quiz, and then watch a very short video about Target and what they expect from their "team members". Afterwords I had my face to face interview. The woman interviewing me was very sweet and friendly, just like the other two people I had spoken with, she asked me very basic questions, had me sign a paper agreeing to my open availability, and offered me the job. The next step is talking to the HR manager who takes care of all those details. Some more paperwork, discussion of your wages and hours, and then you're sent to take a drug test at another place,and now I'm just waiting to start.

Interview Questions
    • Here are all the questions I remember.
      From the phone interview:
      Why do you want to work at Target?
      Give me an example of a time you worked together as a team to accomplish a goal.
      Tell me about a time you had to do more than one thing at once and how did you handle it.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Give me an example of a time that you surprised someone with your exceptional customer service skills.
      At the face to face interview:
      Why Target?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      If a customer is looking for a pair of shoes, but we do not have their size on the shelf what would you do?
      A customer comes threw your line and an item rings up 19.99 but they swear it was only 17.99, what do you do?
      She also asked me why I left my previous employer.
        Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Had two interviews, one with the starbucks team leader and then with the HR. After the starbucks team leader asked the questions, she was rating my answers, etc. The HR came after and hired me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!