Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Waited over 30 minutes, in the HR office until the Team member finished her lunch. An intern young lady looked to be just out of high school sat in on the interview. She just asked a few questions about 4. She stated she had worked for target for over 10 years, but was at this store about 1. I knew I landed the job when she asked about my availability, and possible start date...I received a phone call a few days later for a job offer.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied Friday evening and they called me for an interview on Monday. Tuesday i went in and first I interviewed with the lead cashier she asked about 5 questions (tell me about a time when...). and she said she liked me and i went for a second interview. the second interviewer asked about five more questions. Then i was asked to come the next day to speak with the store manager & she offered me a position.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very brief and I was asked a series of questions about myself. I was interviewed by two people at separate times and the second interviewee was kind of rude.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you need to work on   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

Ridiculously long process. Over 5 weeks to do 4 interviews with one left to be scheduled. Some people on the hiring staff are completely incompetent in their ability to schedule follow up interviews. The people doing the phone interviews were 15 minutes late to each one and one did not call on the scheduled day. I had one hiring manager honestly tell me that the hiring system for target is broken. I am glad to have gone through this hellacious interview process because it allows me to see why some companies eventually go out of business or start losing money. More respected companies treat candidates better and streamline their interview process using competent staff. They dont disrespect high quality talent with delayed response times either. I plan on sticking through the process just to see how ridiculous it gets but would probably not accept an offer unless it was just absurdly good. If the interview process is this broken, imagine the rest of their company. No wonder they are hemorrhaging billions of dollars in failed attempts at growth. Thousands of people are being laid off from this company. Target is rotting from the core. I mainly interviewed just to test my interviewing skills seeing that I currently make similar money and was checking to determine my value on the market. Amongst all of the interview I have ever (which include difficult interviews with good organizations like Teach For America) Target's is easily the most ridiculous. BEWARE!!! If you are a talent individual consider another retail management development program. Target is a sinking ship. Target's incompetence does put a bullseye on its back and it appears that they are succumbing to the competition because they do not have the requisite talent, staff, foresight, or leadership to get the job done. Applicants/ Interviewers you have been warned.

Interview Questions

• Read the question the other replies have listed. They will ask you 4-5 questions per interview. No surprises. Expect to wait 10 days to 2 weeks between follow up interviews or speaking to your recruiter.   Answer Question

This is a sinking ship. Target does not have the foresight to become a long term company. It will go the way of Sears. The hiring system is broken, the talent is weak, the structure is bad. If you are a talented person, run!!!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview was scheduled at 9:30 I showed up I believe at 9:15 and I didn't get seen until 11:30 the hr couldn't find any one to do the interview, I went through one interview passed it, then sat around waiting for about 40 mins to be interviewed by another manager. I was given the job with the started pay of $8.00 I felt disgusted because I have years of experience and longevity with every job I've ever had. Despite that I spent 4 hours there just to do two interview I spent most of my time waiting. If you are 16 to 18 or a college student just looking for a part-time job Target is for you. That's all you will see working there

Interview Questions

The pay wasn't worth it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I walked in and this really nice lady greeted me and told me to have a seat. My interview was scheduled for 10 am and it took about 15 minutes for an employee to come interview me. The first lady seemed uninterested, was just doing it because she had to. Glassdoor really helped with the interview questions. I had a answer to everything. She asked about 7 questions, wrote them down and kept it moving. When we were done, I was taken to the backroom to watch a video about the front end positions. After the video I had to wait another 45 minutes for the second interview. The second interviewer was much nicer and easier to talk to. She verified my availability and asked a whole bunch of "what would you do if" questions. Said they'd give me a call if they needed me, got a call a few days later.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process consists of four interviews. It's a long process of several weeks and the questions at each interview are all behavioral question. I have a very positive experience, the recruiter gave me feedback to improve my interview skills by being concise, keep the answers to their questions for at most 2.5 minutes. Make sure you give them the situation, your behavior, and then the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected behavioral question: explain a time when your long-term goal changed something you did every day. I used a personal example and that was fine. It does not all have to be professional.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Apply online and was called a week later to do a phone interview. took about 5 minutes. Told to coe in on Monday and do a interview face to face. Walked in the store and took a small test and watch a video before my inerview with the lady. Quick nice and kind people after my interview i was ask to take a seat for a min to wait for another person. At that point I was offer the job and took it.

Interview Questions

• Customer brought up a item and it ring up as 19.99 but she said it was 17.99. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Cart Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a day later.I got a call from the HR. There was a phone interview and asked me a couple questions. They then asked if i could come in for a in-person interview. They were basically the same questions as the phone interview.After the successful in-person interview, I was asked to take a drug test, which I was told would take only 2 days to analyse. 7 Days later, I got a call…

Interview Questions

• If a product rings up at a higher price than the customer says what should you do?   1 Answer

Senior Or Lead Loss Prevention Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Three step to the interview process...Talk to three hiring personnel...You go live interview with first two, the last may or may not be a phone interview. Wait a few days for a answer. Smile a lot and show ability. Pay is set on retail and security experience combined. To get max pay.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions...all standard across the board.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much I got the max pay.