Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.9

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

They ask a lot about situation based questions. "Tell me about a time you experienced a hard decision." "Tell me about a time where you had to work on a team" etc. You need to give three answers to the question. Some context on the situation, how you managed that situation, and the outcome of that situation.

Interview Questions
    As an intern negotiation is limited. You can request certain hours and positions, however.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

All of the questions were situational questions, which are not difficult. You don't even need experience. there were some questions I didn't even have an answer for and they were fine with that. what really matters is that you show up presentable and willing to work. be sure to be polite, respectful, and speak well.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Apply online and was called a week later to do a phone interview. took about 5 minutes. Told to coe in on Monday and do a interview face to face. Walked in the store and took a small test and watch a video before my inerview with the lady. Quick nice and kind people after my interview i was ask to take a seat for a min to wait for another person. At that point I was offer the job and took it.

Interview Questions
    • Customer brought up a item and it ring up as 19.99 but she said it was 17.99. What do you do?   Answer Question
    none

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process consists of four interviews. It's a long process of several weeks and the questions at each interview are all behavioral question. I have a very positive experience, the recruiter gave me feedback to improve my interview skills by being concise, keep the answers to their questions for at most 2.5 minutes. Make sure you give them the situation, your behavior, and then the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected behavioral question: explain a time when your long-term goal changed something you did every day. I used a personal example and that was fine. It does not all have to be professional.   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Had two interviews, one with the starbucks team leader and then with the HR. After the starbucks team leader asked the questions, she was rating my answers, etc. The HR came after and hired me.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Standard interview. Straightforward questioning, more about how you think you'd fit in with a team-environment and working shifts at various times. No second round interview, was offered the job on the spot. Follow up was necessary to get the interview in the first place. They are good at offering positions in different departments that might pay more as well. Great first job.

Senior Or Lead Loss Prevention Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Three step to the interview process...Talk to three hiring personnel...You go live interview with first two, the last may or may not be a phone interview. Wait a few days for a answer. Smile a lot and show ability. Pay is set on retail and security experience combined. To get max pay.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions...all standard across the board.   View Answer
    Not much I got the max pay.

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

I applied online to 3 different positions. A few days later I received a call regarding one of those positions (flow team, overnight)—asking if I was still interested and what pay rate I would like, as well as confirming when I could work. My phone interview was scheduled for 11:30pm the next day, so I had about 36 hours to prepare. They called 15 minutes early, and the phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes as well. I had researched behavioral interview questions and was probably TOO prepared, but that's (more than) okay. They scheduled me to come in the following day at 11pm for my in-person interview with the ETL as well as watching a video and taking an assessment. This second interview was also brief and easy, but the assessment was more challenging for me because I've never worked retail. There were scenarios like what would you be most likely and least likely to do when you're helping one person and another person shows up, if you caught a co-worker stealing, etc. The second half of the assessment was all math specific to logistics, such as knowing how to read basic data tables and line graphs as well as how to work with percentages. Most of the stuff revolved around comparing three flow team members' productivity in a given week or comparing shipment size. Nothing tough if I'd had a scratch sheet of paper, but doing it all in my head really slowed me down. I then came in three days later to talk with the head of HR and an HR team member. They explained the position some more, asked if I wanted to accept it, told me to take the drug test within 24 hours, and told me training would happen two weeks from now. Took the drug test so now I wait.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of: Talk about a time that you were in a leadership position and what you could've done better.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The HR manager told me starting salary was $8.50 and that employees working the night shift get paid an additional dollar an hour.

Price Accuracy Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

You first interview with one of Target's ETLs, basically an assistant manager, then you move on to STL(Store Manager), then the District manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are, Tell me about a time... They want a very specific event with details including the situation, circumstance, and resolution. Target hires bubbly cheerleader types most often. They are also suckers for key words and business lingo; manage execution, I championed blah, spear head, on board, development, culture   Answer Question
    none

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interviews took place on the same day. First with a team leader who asked fairly standard questions and then with the HR rep which was pretty much a formality. They were impressed with my knowledge of electronics. I was required to take a drug test within X amount of days or the offer would be rescinded.

Interview Questions
    Was offered $8 ($7.25 is state minimum) because I was going to electronics.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!