Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.9

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

Ridiculously long process. Over 5 weeks to do 4 interviews with one left to be scheduled. Some people on the hiring staff are completely incompetent in their ability to schedule follow up interviews. The people doing the phone interviews were 15 minutes late to each one and one did not call on the scheduled day. I had one hiring manager honestly tell me that the hiring system for target is broken. I am glad to have gone through this hellacious interview process because it allows me to see why some companies eventually go out of business or start losing money. More respected companies treat candidates better and streamline their interview process using competent staff. They dont disrespect high quality talent with delayed response times either. I plan on sticking through the process just to see how ridiculous it gets but would probably not accept an offer unless it was just absurdly good. If the interview process is this broken, imagine the rest of their company. No wonder they are hemorrhaging billions of dollars in failed attempts at growth. Thousands of people are being laid off from this company. Target is rotting from the core. I mainly interviewed just to test my interviewing skills seeing that I currently make similar money and was checking to determine my value on the market. Amongst all of the interview I have ever (which include difficult interviews with good organizations like Teach For America) Target's is easily the most ridiculous. BEWARE!!! If you are a talent individual consider another retail management development program. Target is a sinking ship. Target's incompetence does put a bullseye on its back and it appears that they are succumbing to the competition because they do not have the requisite talent, staff, foresight, or leadership to get the job done. Applicants/ Interviewers you have been warned.

Interview Questions

• Read the question the other replies have listed. They will ask you 4-5 questions per interview. No surprises. Expect to wait 10 days to 2 weeks between follow up interviews or speaking to your recruiter.   Answer Question

This is a sinking ship. Target does not have the foresight to become a long term company. It will go the way of Sears. The hiring system is broken, the talent is weak, the structure is bad. If you are a talented person, run!!!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I walked in and this really nice lady greeted me and told me to have a seat. My interview was scheduled for 10 am and it took about 15 minutes for an employee to come interview me. The first lady seemed uninterested, was just doing it because she had to. Glassdoor really helped with the interview questions. I had a answer to everything. She asked about 7 questions, wrote them down and kept it moving. When we were done, I was taken to the backroom to watch a video about the front end positions. After the video I had to wait another 45 minutes for the second interview. The second interviewer was much nicer and easier to talk to. She verified my availability and asked a whole bunch of "what would you do if" questions. Said they'd give me a call if they needed me, got a call a few days later.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process consists of four interviews. It's a long process of several weeks and the questions at each interview are all behavioral question. I have a very positive experience, the recruiter gave me feedback to improve my interview skills by being concise, keep the answers to their questions for at most 2.5 minutes. Make sure you give them the situation, your behavior, and then the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected behavioral question: explain a time when your long-term goal changed something you did every day. I used a personal example and that was fine. It does not all have to be professional.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Apply online and was called a week later to do a phone interview. took about 5 minutes. Told to coe in on Monday and do a interview face to face. Walked in the store and took a small test and watch a video before my inerview with the lady. Quick nice and kind people after my interview i was ask to take a seat for a min to wait for another person. At that point I was offer the job and took it.

Interview Questions

• Customer brought up a item and it ring up as 19.99 but she said it was 17.99. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Senior Or Lead Loss Prevention Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Three step to the interview process...Talk to three hiring personnel...You go live interview with first two, the last may or may not be a phone interview. Wait a few days for a answer. Smile a lot and show ability. Pay is set on retail and security experience combined. To get max pay.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions...all standard across the board.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much I got the max pay.

Price Accuracy Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

You first interview with one of Target's ETLs, basically an assistant manager, then you move on to STL(Store Manager), then the District manager.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are, Tell me about a time... They want a very specific event with details including the situation, circumstance, and resolution. Target hires bubbly cheerleader types most often. They are also suckers for key words and business lingo; manage execution, I championed blah, spear head, on board, development, culture   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online to 3 different positions. A few days later I received a call regarding one of those positions (flow team, overnight)—asking if I was still interested and what pay rate I would like, as well as confirming when I could work. My phone interview was scheduled for 11:30pm the next day, so I had about 36 hours to prepare. They called 15 minutes early, and the phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes as well. I had researched behavioral interview questions and was probably TOO prepared, but that's (more than) okay. They scheduled me to come in the following day at 11pm for my in-person interview with the ETL as well as watching a video and taking an assessment. This second interview was also brief and easy, but the assessment was more challenging for me because I've never worked retail. There were scenarios like what would you be most likely and least likely to do when you're helping one person and another person shows up, if you caught a co-worker stealing, etc. The second half of the assessment was all math specific to logistics, such as knowing how to read basic data tables and line graphs as well as how to work with percentages. Most of the stuff revolved around comparing three flow team members' productivity in a given week or comparing shipment size. Nothing tough if I'd had a scratch sheet of paper, but doing it all in my head really slowed me down. I then came in three days later to talk with the head of HR and an HR team member. They explained the position some more, asked if I wanted to accept it, told me to take the drug test within 24 hours, and told me training would happen two weeks from now. Took the drug test so now I wait.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of: Talk about a time that you were in a leadership position and what you could've done better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The HR manager told me starting salary was $8.50 and that employees working the night shift get paid an additional dollar an hour.

Executive Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was great. I met with recruiters at my college career fair and was selected for a first round interview.

The first interview was very basic with questions such as, "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want to work for target", "Tell me about a time" questions that related to experience in group projects.

For the second round, I met with the District Team leader and a Store team leader. Again, there were "Tell me about a time" questions. Also, "where do you see yourself in five years". It is good to relate your experiences to team work and leadership.

I had a third round (phone interview) with the District Team leader from a different region (because I wanted to work full-time in that region instead). So that was an opportunity for me to meet someone from that area and get approval to work there upon completion of my internship. (Note: this third round was an exception for me since I wanted to work in a different region than where I would be interning at)

My final round interview was over the phone with the Group Director. This interview was much more of an interview than I thought it would be. I expected it to be a little bit more basic since I already went through 3 interviews, but I was still asked some behavioral questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Interview took about 3 hours. They are very thorough and you can tell they are picky about who they hire. I felt very comfortable and wasn't nervous at all. The interview was more of a way for them to get to know you instead of a test. The people interviewing were very friendly and fun to talk to.

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate much because they were already willing to pay more than what I had expected and asked for in the job application.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview with a recruiter , she asked me about why I want to join target,