Target Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Unorganized and unprofesional . They made wait for hours before someone could interview me and it quite irritating. Then they seem to be unprofesional when it came down to the interview processing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Human Resource Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

First portion is a phone interview about you and information on resume or application second portion is face to face about you and your qualifications third is another face to face interview and then finally a offer that included compensation

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviews consist of "tell me a time when ..." questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to confront a supervisor or teacher over something you disagreed with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Worked with recruiter who conducted initial phone screen. Came in for interview with leader and assessments. Followed up by a second interview with two leaders.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were almost entirely behavior based, so candidates need to have examples to pull from readily at hand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Southfield, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

I initially got a call to have a phone interview the following Monday. The interview went very well and I was asked to come in later the same day for a 2nd interview with a person. I was interviewed by the store manager with the same questions on the phone. I received a callback later in the week saying that I didn't get the job.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Interviewed for an Executive Team Leader position. First interviewed with a store team leader, then with the store's executive HR and store team leader. Went on to interview at the district office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member or guest?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision based on a lot of new information?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day to set up an interview. The interview was set for a few days later. I read up on all of the interviewing tips on glassdoor and they helped A LOT. I was asked about my background and a few situation questions. You are expected to answer the situational questions in a specific format and that is STATE THE PROBLEM, STATE THE STEPS YOU TOOK TO OVERCOME THE PROBLEM, STATE THE OUTCOME. If you follow this, you will do well. The woman who interviewed me was really laid back and made me feel comfortable and confident. We went back to a small office where she interviewed me. The interview itself was only about 15 minutes but she told me right at the end that she would like me to come back for a second interview to meet with her boss. At the second interview, I felt much more comfortable. The HR ETL just asked me a few personal questions and did a bit of a follow up on the questions from my first interview. It was really easy.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are out of a specific product a customer is looking for. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were part of a team, what your role was, and how you succeeded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (New Orleans, LA) in March 2007.

Interview

Had the first interview - seemed to go well. The HR Recruiter told my recruiter that they were getting the req approved and that they wanted me and would be in touch for a second interview. Second interview came and I felt it went well - just like before. On the way up to the interviewer, the HR Recruiter told me it was just a formality, that the offer should come the following week and that the start date would be around 1/5/09. This information was unsolicited. The interviewer was not feeling well but continued on the interview. He was the COO of the company. He was out all week last week - yesterday we found out that the position was now under a different HR Recruiter and that there was no word yet on the position. This info came directly to my recruiter. I followed up with a call to the hiring manager, who was the one that really wanted me. I just stated that I was very interested in the position, and wanted to see if she could provide any insight on where the hiring process was. This morning my recruiter got word from HR that they were going to go in a different direction. No explanation or feedback on the second interviews. We all were shocked and floored, as it had gone so well. The manager of the recruiter who I am working with is going to try to talk with the hiring company to get some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for the postion.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Very intensive. Situational based interview style. Looking for high energy, team oriened, and strategic thinkers.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in May 2011.

Interview

2 one on one interviews then a job offer on site. if you dont get one that means u werent hired, and its rude they wont tell you.

Negotiation

nonnegotiable