Target

Average Difficulty
87 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work for Target?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Tell us about a time that you made a mistake and what you did to fix the mistake?
When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?

Interview Question – Can you work under pressure?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled up an application online. I got a call the same day and I went in the next day. Once in target I filled a series of behavioral questions. After that they made me watch a video about the company and the position. Then i had two interviews with two different people. After that I got an offer pending a drug test.

Interview Question – No difficult questions if you are not stupid   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum pay

Orland Park, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. One with the first manager was easy. She was nice. Regular interview questions. The next interview with the higher ranking manager was a little harder. She seemed a bit cold. Asked about previous work history and career goals. Last interview wasn't really an interview. The store manager made me feel like I was already hired by telling me rules and different things about the company.

Interview Question – I was asked what would I do if I saw someone stealing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage hourly position

Distribution Operations Interview

Distribution Operations
DeKalb, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Then a 3 step one day interview process

Interview Question – When was there a time that you had to approach your boss about a situation you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Group Leader
DeKalb, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out an online application and complete a test. If you pass, then the recruiter will set you up with the details for the interview. You will do three separate interviews, each lasting 45 minutes. They will be with Senior Group Leaders, as well as the GM. All questions are behavior-based questions, so use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action and Result) for them. After the interviews are complete, you'll get a short guided tour of the distribution center from another Group Leader. You should hear something in a week from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How did you approach that person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but they offered me above my old salary and it was a reasonable offer.

TPS Or Hardlines Interview

TPS Or Hardlines
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First i received a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The person was very friendly and out going. Usually they will ask you questions from their paper work. here are the questions they asked through the phone interview so you can practice them :)
-Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to complete a task?
-Tell me a project that you had to do?
-Tell me a time where you had lots of things to do at the same time and how did you handle it?
-Tell me your biggest accomplishment?
-Streghts and weaknesses?
-Why target?
i applied for TPS but got a job offered for hardlines/cashier. I really wanted to be tps but the guy who was incharge of hiring the new tps ,hired someone from his own race ( not fair a know but thats life)

After that interview they will call you for another interview ,this time the AP "manager" is the one who makes you the interview in person. He was a cool person ,however, he dicided to hire some one his own race which sucked.
He basically asked the same questions that the person in the phone interview asked you. What would you do if a customer doesnt find a size pair of shoes she wants? what will you do?

after that they will call you for a job offer which they set a date for you to go to the store again and dicuss your wage .Then you get called to go for orentation which lasts about 4 hrs. Then they train you for 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me a project that you had to do?
tell me about yourself
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was suppose to get a job offered for TPS but ended up getting an offer for hardlines.

Target GSA Interview

Target GSA
Marion, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview second was an interview with the Lead GSA then the executive manager at target

Interview Question – most were behavioral and situational questions "tell me a time when" or "what would you do if"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier
Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to the HR person about general availability and had to take a computer test on basic math (if they need x amount of something, how many packs of y should they buy etc.). She asked about prior jobs and if I would accept to their drug and alcohol policy. Maybe asked about prior convictions, but maybe this was only on the online portion of the application.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Target? Tell me your biggest weakness.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wanted someone to work past summer and into fall when I would be leaving for school.

Shorewood, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very laid back, they ask you a few simple questions about your application and they usually give you the job right then and there if they like you enough.

Interview Question – I wasn't given any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me if they were to offer me a position at Target if I would accept it.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Villa Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone interview. When you pass the phone interview you get an in-person interview at the store. I interviewed with 2 leads the same day and got hired. Then you have a few hours of orientation for your first day.

On the phone interview they mostly want to see what your availability will be. They told me that if I was available 7 days a week they would hire me. Then after you are done with your 90 day probation period you can change the availability if you want.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Target?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I had to have availability 7 days a week, and I started out with $8.25 an hour, which I believe is minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Illinois. All 87 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.