Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (South Bend, IN).

Interview

I was applying for the internship in their corporate headquarters. I was required to do a personality quiz prior to the interview that took about half an hour to an hour. Very simple! Basically asks you how you would handle certain situations that would come up when you're working with your team, etc. The 1:1 person interview went pretty well as well! Basically asked about different experiences based on what I had on my resume and what I learned from those experiences. They're looking for a good fit!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one in the DC. Received a tour of the facility with 6 other interviewees prior to the second interview. Seems like a good place to work, but decided to take another offer instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

was on campus, over the phone, then face to face with the district leader who was very nice. The interview lasted 15 minutes which was great. They are extremely laid back and friendly. But don't take it lightly of course i got hired amongst 400 applicants. Only 35 were onboarded

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you disagreed with a co worker, manager or colleague   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Had to interview with multiple people on campus. They sort through resumes they receive through career fairs and hold on-site interviews. Straight forward behavioral questions. Asks a lot about challenges, when you had experiences leading others, what you are most proud of.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very short and easy hiring process - 2 weeks. I went through two rounds of interviews with mid level associates to the exec of the team i was applying to. They asked me very short and simple questions and then I had a brief and easy writing test.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I believe target has a 3-5 round interview session. They also have an online evaluation test. The test is quite difficult and long. My advice would be to come very prepared. Make sure you study the star method and know an answer for most of the common behavioral interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Went to a career fair where I talked to one of the HR people. Was offered an opportunity to interview with them the next morning. The overall interview was a little different then what I'm use to, they will write while you sit there and talk and not actually look at you in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to step up into a leadership position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

There were a total of three interviews, one phone interview which lasted about 5-10 minutes, another at a target store with a store team leader, and finally with a district manager. The phone interview was very short and consisted of basic questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you made a mistake. They mainly ask behavioral based questions and use the star method (situation, task, analysis, result). Be sure to hit every one of these points and be clear and organized in your answers. They are looking for people with leadership qualities and someone who can work/communicate well with others. Show them you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that had a great impact.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Iowa City, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were behavioral. Clearly they evaluated on the STAR scale. They repeat questions in each interview so be sure to know how you answered the questions before. They write down your answers. Mingle with the interns that are in the waiting room with you. Pretty sure they ask them if you were personable. Have to really show that you're Target's #1 fan.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for the Business Analyst role. One round only. Had dinner prior to interview which thought flowed well. All behavioral questions - one case study relative to stocking Target in college town. Make sure you are able to elaborate on your resume points and have questions ready for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to learn from someone higher up?   Answer Question