Target

Average Difficulty
72 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews at college campus and on-site at a Target location. First a recruiter gives you a call and you do a quick phone interview that typically lasts around 15 minutes. Next, you go in person to interview with a current Target Team Leader who asks you lots of case-style questions. Finally, you interview on-site with another Target executive. At least this is how it all happened for me.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult-- just be sure to be prepared for lots of "Tell me about a time when you had to...."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another offer from a company I was more interested in.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I connected with my campus recruiter. Had an interview on campus that were all behavioral questions and then had a second round interview at a store with a manager then received a call 2 weeks later. When you receive a call you must take a local drug test within 48 hours. To complete the process you must apply online and take an analytical and personality test.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions, if you are prepared they are easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set hourly rate depending on grade.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – online application, phone interview

Interview Question – Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   View Answer

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I did an interview on campus initially. Later on I was selected to move on to the second round of interviews! That interview was at a Target district office with a district manager. The first interview I thought had more behavioral questions, whereas the second I thought was more situational.

Interview Question – I can't really remember any crazy out of the box questions, but in terms of the format of the answer they wanted that proved a bit difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the timeline that I had to accept or deny the internship, I was not really able to negotiate salary but they were very generous.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – The overall experience was okay, except the interviewer was kind of unprofessional.

Interview Question – When did you disagree with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Initial meeting at on-campus career fair, followed by a phone interview, online quiz, and in-person interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Applied through my campus. Two rounds of interviews on campus

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked in a group and one of the members didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They came to my school looking to hire interns and they interviewed people on the spot. It was a very simple and positive interview and they really like anyone that has an upbeat personality.

Interview Question – They were all very straight forward and simple questions.   Answer Question

Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a series of 3 phone interviews with the same woman.

Interview Question – I have never worked in large scale retail (always a boutique setting), and they asked me how they feel that would hurt me. I do not believe it would, or will, hurt me at all. Ever.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!