Target

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.1

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I believe target has a 3-5 round interview session. They also have an online evaluation test. The test is quite difficult and long. My advice would be to come very prepared. Make sure you study the star method and know an answer for most of the common behavioral interview questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

Went to a career fair where I talked to one of the HR people. Was offered an opportunity to interview with them the next morning. The overall interview was a little different then what I'm use to, they will write while you sit there and talk and not actually look at you in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to step up into a leadership position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

There were a total of three interviews, one phone interview which lasted about 5-10 minutes, another at a target store with a store team leader, and finally with a district manager. The phone interview was very short and basic questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you made a mistake. They mainly ask behavioral questions and use the star method (situation, task, analysis, result). Be sure to hit every one of these points and make your answers are clear and concise.

They are looking for people with leadership qualities and someone who can work/communicate well with others. Be sure to show them you are a team player in you answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that had a great impact.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interviewed on campus for the Business Analyst role. One round only. Had dinner prior to interview which thought flowed well. All behavioral questions - one case study relative to stocking Target in college town. Make sure you are able to elaborate on your resume points and have questions ready for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you had to learn from someone higher up?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Several rounds of interviews at college campus and on-site at a Target location. First a recruiter gives you a call and you do a quick phone interview that typically lasts around 15 minutes. Next, you go in person to interview with a current Target Team Leader who asks you lots of case-style questions. Finally, you interview on-site with another Target executive. At least this is how it all happened for me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult-- just be sure to be prepared for lots of "Tell me about a time when you had to...."   Answer Question

Received another offer from a company I was more interested in.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I connected with my campus recruiter. Had an interview on campus that were all behavioral questions and then had a second round interview at a store with a manager then received a call 2 weeks later. When you receive a call you must take a local drug test within 48 hours. To complete the process you must apply online and take an analytical and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions, if you are prepared they are easy.   Answer Question
    Set hourly rate depending on grade.

Intern Interview

They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in March 2014.

online application, phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Initial meeting at on-campus career fair, followed by a phone interview, online quiz, and in-person interview.

Intern Interview

Applied through my campus. Two rounds of interviews on campus

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked in a group and one of the members didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question