Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014

3.1

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Several rounds of interviews at college campus and on-site at a Target location. First a recruiter gives you a call and you do a quick phone interview that typically lasts around 15 minutes. Next, you go in person to interview with a current Target Team Leader who asks you lots of case-style questions. Finally, you interview on-site with another Target executive. At least this is how it all happened for me.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult-- just be sure to be prepared for lots of "Tell me about a time when you had to...."   Answer Question

Received another offer from a company I was more interested in.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

I connected with my campus recruiter. Had an interview on campus that were all behavioral questions and then had a second round interview at a store with a manager then received a call 2 weeks later. When you receive a call you must take a local drug test within 48 hours. To complete the process you must apply online and take an analytical and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions, if you are prepared they are easy.   Answer Question
    Set hourly rate depending on grade.

Intern Interview

They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

online application, phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I did an interview on campus initially. Later on I was selected to move on to the second round of interviews! That interview was at a Target district office with a district manager. The first interview I thought had more behavioral questions, whereas the second I thought was more situational.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember any crazy out of the box questions, but in terms of the format of the answer they wanted that proved a bit difficult for me.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the timeline that I had to accept or deny the internship, I was not really able to negotiate salary but they were very generous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

The overall experience was okay, except the interviewer was kind of unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • When did you disagree with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Initial meeting at on-campus career fair, followed by a phone interview, online quiz, and in-person interview.

Intern Interview

Applied through my campus. Two rounds of interviews on campus

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked in a group and one of the members didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Target.

They came to my school looking to hire interns and they interviewed people on the spot. It was a very simple and positive interview and they really like anyone that has an upbeat personality.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very straight forward and simple questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

I had a series of 3 phone interviews with the same woman.

Interview Questions
    • I have never worked in large scale retail (always a boutique setting), and they asked me how they feel that would hurt me. I do not believe it would, or will, hurt me at all. Ever.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!