Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014

3.1

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Several rounds of interviews at college campus and on-site at a Target location. First a recruiter gives you a call and you do a quick phone interview that typically lasts around 15 minutes. Next, you go in person to interview with a current Target Team Leader who asks you lots of case-style questions. Finally, you interview on-site with another Target executive. At least this is how it all happened for me.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult-- just be sure to be prepared for lots of "Tell me about a time when you had to...."   Answer Question

Received another offer from a company I was more interested in.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

I connected with my campus recruiter. Had an interview on campus that were all behavioral questions and then had a second round interview at a store with a manager then received a call 2 weeks later. When you receive a call you must take a local drug test within 48 hours. To complete the process you must apply online and take an analytical and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions, if you are prepared they are easy.   Answer Question
    Set hourly rate depending on grade.

Intern Interview

They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

online application, phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Initial meeting at on-campus career fair, followed by a phone interview, online quiz, and in-person interview.

Intern Interview

Applied through my campus. Two rounds of interviews on campus

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked in a group and one of the members didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Target.

They came to my school looking to hire interns and they interviewed people on the spot. It was a very simple and positive interview and they really like anyone that has an upbeat personality.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very straight forward and simple questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

It took several weeks and required a resume submission, phone interview and an in person interview with two separate people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to think differently in your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

The overall experience was okay, except the interviewer was kind of unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • When did you disagree with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

I met with a recruiter one on one on a Friday. I had the interview the next Monday. Standard interview. Asked me about general sales questions. Interviewers were very nice and let me take my time answering the questions. I was notified a week later that I was no longer being considered.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!