Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Taunton, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Overall the process was pretty easy. I first applied online through my college's university online career portal job postings. I then met the recruiter and the university career fair and scheduled an interview. I passed that interview then had 2 phone interviews. the recruiter contacted me and notifed me I received the position.

Interview Questions

I decided to decline this position as I was offered a different internship, however Target seems to be a nice place to work. very group oriented.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Intern Interview

Interview

They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

online application, phone interview

Interview Questions

• Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial meeting at on-campus career fair, followed by a phone interview, online quiz, and in-person interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through my campus. Two rounds of interviews on campus

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group and one of the members didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

They came to my school looking to hire interns and they interviewed people on the spot. It was a very simple and positive interview and they really like anyone that has an upbeat personality.

Interview Questions

• They were all very straight forward and simple questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

It took several weeks and required a resume submission, phone interview and an in person interview with two separate people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to think differently in your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

The overall experience was okay, except the interviewer was kind of unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• When did you disagree with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target (Greensboro, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, received a phone call to plan interview, had phone interview a week later. Overall, I didn't feel very good about my interview, but I believe that others have felt this way in the past and still got the job. I got the impression that the interviewer was challenging me or expecting me to answer a question "wrong."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service...Make sure you plan a question to ask the interviewer about his/her experience working for Target.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • How have you have built a professional relationship with a coworker/supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you carried a coworker's weight to get a job done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met with a recruiter one on one on a Friday. I had the interview the next Monday. Standard interview. Asked me about general sales questions. Interviewers were very nice and let me take my time answering the questions. I was notified a week later that I was no longer being considered.