Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014

3.1

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Spoke with a target rep at a career fair, got an interview on the spot. Went to the interview and was told that I performed very well. They told me I would be receiving another call for a phone interview which never happened. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions were general and not overwhelming. A lot of past leadership questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

All behavioral based questions- Why Target? What was a mistake that you made? Tell me a time when you worked with a group, and what was the result?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when someone challenged you or displayed an opposing viewpoint.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview entailed basic behavioral type questions. Be prepared to talk about leading, team work, and why you would be a good fit for Target.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you had to solve a conflict in a group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Met at career fair at school and got signed up for an interview. Had to complete a long application online and a long assessment of weird self evaluation questions some math questions after the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

The interview process has an online application, a first round interview that was conducted by an area manager and former intern. The second round will be conducted by a regional manager. The first interview lasted 45 minutes and the second is scheduled for 30. They let the candidate know whether they would get the second interview within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped someone work through a challenging situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I did an interview on campus initially. Later on I was selected to move on to the second round of interviews! That interview was at a Target district office with a district manager. The first interview I thought had more behavioral questions, whereas the second I thought was more situational.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember any crazy out of the box questions, but in terms of the format of the answer they wanted that proved a bit difficult for me.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the timeline that I had to accept or deny the internship, I was not really able to negotiate salary but they were very generous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

First Phone Interview, then interview with District Team Leader, and Third with the Human Resource Manager. Straight forward. Be honest and talk about being Fast, Fun and Friendly and how you would like to grow in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    It is 17.50 and there is no negotiation

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

As most have said, just a bunch of behavioral questions, eg. describe a time when you made a hard decision and how you made it. Come up with instances when you showed leadership and such. Oh, and you better not mention that you want to graduate school in several years, because they will not hire you. They want workers for a long time

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I first met with a recruiter at the career fair at my school and applied online. After that Interviewed with a Store Team Leader at a nearby Target. The interview went well. He asked me a couple behavior questions and wanted me to show examples of leadership. I was prepared and confident and it benefited me. A week later I received an email from HR saying that my I had been chosen for the next round of interviews. The next interview was with the District Manager at the Target in Dublin. The interview also went well. I was asked many behavioral questions similar to the questions I was asked in the interview with the Store Team Leader. After the interview I received another email from HR saying that my interview went well and I had been selected for the final phone interview. The interview was really brief. I was probably asked 2-3 questions. I was just recently offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a moment when you had a disagreement with someone you were working with, how did you resolve it?>   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they told me I would me making $17.50

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

It was an on campus interview. They do behavioral interviewing, which I found to be inefficient. I was stuck in the waiting room with 4 of their employees, who were scoping out all of the candidates before the actual interview. During the interview, the person with whom I was interviewing with was nice but I did not get the position. I think they expect really outgoing and accomplished people, regardless of the position.