Target

Average Difficulty
72 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – It took several weeks and required a resume submission, phone interview and an in person interview with two separate people.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to think differently in your job.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter one on one on a Friday. I had the interview the next Monday. Standard interview. Asked me about general sales questions. Interviewers were very nice and let me take my time answering the questions. I was notified a week later that I was no longer being considered.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Spoke with a target rep at a career fair, got an interview on the spot. Went to the interview and was told that I performed very well. They told me I would be receiving another call for a phone interview which never happened. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Question – All the questions were general and not overwhelming. A lot of past leadership questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – All behavioral based questions- Why Target? What was a mistake that you made? Tell me a time when you worked with a group, and what was the result?

Interview Question – Tell me a time when someone challenged you or displayed an opposing viewpoint.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Interview entailed basic behavioral type questions. Be prepared to talk about leading, team work, and why you would be a good fit for Target.

Interview Question – What was a time that you had to solve a conflict in a group?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Met at career fair at school and got signed up for an interview. Had to complete a long application online and a long assessment of weird self evaluation questions some math questions after the interview

Interview Question – Biggest Mistake   Answer Question

Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process has an online application, a first round interview that was conducted by an area manager and former intern. The second round will be conducted by a regional manager. The first interview lasted 45 minutes and the second is scheduled for 30. They let the candidate know whether they would get the second interview within 2 days.

Interview Question – How have you helped someone work through a challenging situation?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – There was one interview on my campus with a STL and then two phone interviews after that. One with the HR Business Partner for my district and then the District Team Leader. I was called back a week or two after with a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to tell your supervisor about it.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – just one interview

Interview Question – How would you go about leading our largest marketing project due in 10 years   View Answer

Reason for Declining – took another offer

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First Phone Interview, then interview with District Team Leader, and Third with the Human Resource Manager. Straight forward. Be honest and talk about being Fast, Fun and Friendly and how you would like to grow in the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer