Target

Average Difficulty
3,931 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
West Mifflin, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call within a day of applying for the jobs. When I arrived for my interview, I was asked to take a quick questionnaire on their computer system. The questionnaire has approximately 10-12 questions, some were math based and you had to use the graph provided to answer the questions. It was fairly easy and only took about 10 minutes. After completing it, I was asked to wait in the food court area until someone was available for the interview. I waited probably 10 minutes or so until she showed up. We went back into her office, which was very small. She had my folder that contained a print out of my application. We went over the hours I would be available and what the job entailed. I didn't think that this was one of the jobs I applied for, but continued the interview anyway. She had a booklet that contained questions that she asked me and she wrote down my responses. The first question she asked was "Why do you want to work for Target?" There were 3 other questions that had 3 parts to them: the problem, what I did, and the outcome. She once again recorded my answers. After completing those questions, she informed me that the person who hired for that department was off today and that I should expect a phone call within a day or so for either another interview or job offer.

Interview Question – What was sometime that you did your job above the expectations of the job?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – easy, just be confident and show off your leadership qualities. Target is looking for people that can work with a team and get results. Innovation is a plus, but be yourself, don't try and fit a mold, different types of leaders are needed for different roles, and at different times.

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Got phone interview. I didn't hear anything back from them. I was not very pleased with the entire process. I would not recommend. It was not the job for me.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult customer   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Question – I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received an interview after going to my school's career fair. I then interviewed a week or two later. All of the interview questions were what I expected after reading reviews on Glassdoor. The interview was 1v1 and lasted about 30 minutes. Later that week I received an email telling me I was no longer in consideration.

Interview Question – All of the interview questions ask about difficult situations in which you have experienced. They want to see how you have reacted to stressful situations.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Took about 3 weeks for HR to call. The job I originally applied for had been filled. HR asked if was interested in working another area. I was! Had a interview with the TL, and ETL on the same day. Went in a few days later to interview with the store TL ( Manager ).

Interview Question – If a item rings up at $19.99, and the guest says it was marked $17.99 on the shelf. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Target Cashier Interview

Target Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A week after turning in my application online, I received a call from HR and set up an over-the-phone interview with one of their team members the next day. At 9 am I received a call from the team member, and it was not what I was expecting. The team member was shouting into the phone and I could barely understand the questions she asked me. She explained to me the job position I was being interviewed for and asked me normal questions like, "Why do you want to work for us? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe to me a time you made a mistake and how did you fit it? Describe to me a time you had to multitask and prioritize, and how did you do it?" Stuff like that. The phone interview took only 8 minutes.

Two weeks later, they scheduled an in-person interview with me. Let's say the man who I was to be interviewed by was named "Joe". I went in early, and waited. It was past my scheduled interview time (20 minutes past) and "Joe" did not show up. Another man, not associated with hiring people for the store at all, interviewed me instead. He led me into a room and asked me, "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses?" After that, for around fifteen minutes he "explained" to me what the Target RedCard was and how awesome it's supposed to be. That was all.

One week later, I was scheduled for another interview with "Joe" at 3:00 pm. At 3:45, "Joe" finally decided to interview me. I used "decided" because he was across the room that I was in, talking and laughing with all of the employees at Target for over an hour, maybe longer. The HR lady informed me that he was having "company" but even the co-workers around me were talking about how loud and how much fun they were having in the room across.

While I waited for "Joe", the other girl that Target was interested in hiring came in and sat by me. Boy, was she under-dressed. Flip flops, cargo pants, and a tank top. I was wearing a nice blouse, nice pants and new shoes, and a cardigan/sweater. She was my only competition.

"Joe" came in and took me to a room and asked me, "I know you've heard this a lot, but why do you want to work here?" After I answered, he asked "What are your strengths and opportunities? (Opportunities = Opportunities to get better at something i.e. weaknesses)" I answered. "Joe" said thank you for coming in and excused me from his office. This final interview lasted five minutes.

Target ended up hiring the girl in flip flops. I do not know if she got a longer interview since she was after me, but I do know they hired her.

The interview process took over a month. I would've thought that there would've been more questions, longer interviews. I thought wrong.

In the end, if you want to work at Target, I guess I could say: It doesn't matter if you dress up for an interview with Target, wear your street clothes and you'll get hired. Also, don't expect much from the interview except for the tremendous time it took to get three interviews with them.

Interview Question – No hard questions, you just have to think back on past experiences you've had and describe to the interviewers what you did in the certain situations they ask you to recall, i.e. explain to me a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – i had two interviews before being hired. one was a phone interview and the other was a face to face interview. they asked typical questions that would expected at every interview

Negotiation Details – this is what you get and that's final

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Every thing too about a week, i got a phone interview on a Monday. They asked simple questions like Tell me about a time that you had to multitask. Then about 3 days later no one called to tell me that i did not get the job, but they sent me a short email. they did not even explain why i was not being considered.

Interview Question – The questions were simple.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!