Target Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Cashier Interview

Interview

You first are interviewed on the phone, then an in person interview at the company's location. I thought the 1:1 interview was the easiest. The interview process was smooth overall and you're basically hired if you get invited to the second interview round.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell me a Target RED card?   1 Answer

Interview

Very quick interview, a fast and relatively easy process if you can be quick on your feet with the questions they ask. Be prepared to answer situation questions about your personal experiences, and answer them thoroughly, or this will end up being a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you disagreed with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews. My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview. The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied 2 weeks prior. Applied for cashier position but they were looking for sales floor. Attended a group interview. Same day met with HR person for a second interview. She asked about myself then explained my role, hours, and pay. I was offered the position the same day. Overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you were put into a leadership role   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Nashville, TN).

Interview

First I had to take and online assessment after I submitted my application. I went through two interviews before being offered a position. The first was with the college regional recruiter (over the phone) and the second was with the District Team Lead (in person). They asked me situational based questions that were focused around team leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a disagreement between two people at work or school.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Got a phone call a day later after I applied online. Went on two interviews, that collectively took 40 minutes including the wait. They read you questions off of a list. Easy stuff. The interviewers are very nice. Smile. Its a Target job after all, you don't need to answer their questions with perfection and sophistication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what a RedCard is?   Answer Question
    • Bunch of behavioral questions. If you never had any work experience before, remember anything experience that might relate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

As with many job interviews be prepared after that be confident practicing a few days before the interview is a good idea. Remember you should want to get the job if going, you have to get the interest of the employer to make you stand out from other people. Just use your skills, answer the questions as much fast and detailed as you can. It is one of the easier interviews no pressure

Interview Questions

• A situation where you came across a problem and how you solved that problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I was contacted by a district manager based on my monster.com resume. Conducted 3 phone interviews with district manager and HR manager. Conducted in person interview with district manager in a retail store. Good people, great opportunity with strong upward potential. Overall the process seemed a little too bureaucratic, but nice people who were willing to step you through. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were scripted, subject bounced around. Long online quiz too.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Two separate interviews were conducted, each by a pharmacist. The questions were similar to questions for the entry level position I already held. This was technically an entry level position, so no prior experience was needed, just a will to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used team work to overcome a difficult task?   Answer Question