Target Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very quick interview, a fast and relatively easy process if you can be quick on your feet with the questions they ask. Be prepared to answer situation questions about your personal experiences, and answer them thoroughly, or this will end up being a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you disagreed with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews. My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview. The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

You first are interviewed on the phone, then an in person interview at the company's location. I thought the 1:1 interview was the easiest. The interview process was smooth overall and you're basically hired if you get invited to the second interview round.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell me a Target RED card?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied 2 weeks prior. Applied for cashier position but they were looking for sales floor. Attended a group interview. Same day met with HR person for a second interview. She asked about myself then explained my role, hours, and pay. I was offered the position the same day. Overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you were put into a leadership role   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online got called for an interview a few days later. You have to go through two interviews to be hired for a position. Went through the first, but was never called back for the second one.

Associate Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I interviewed and was offered an internship position, based on my experience and qualifications I was then offered an opportunity to talk to HR about the possibility of getting a full time offer.

Interview Questions

• What unique trait do you think you will bring to the team?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was three other people interviewing so I had to wait for about 20 minutes before I got called in. The first interviewer read all the questions from a packet and took notes on everything I said. After that I was told to wait at guest services for the second interview. That took about 30 minutes, and then I ran through the same thing with a different interviewer and a new packet. She took notes as well on what I said. At the end of the interview, I was asked about my scheduling I put in on the application. I was then told to wait outside again for about 5 minutes and then I talked to the HR Head and she offered me the job on the spot. I was lastly given a few papers to take home.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It is really easy as long as you pass the pre-interview questions and can make it through two interviews. The first is with the team lead of the area you are applying and then the second is with the executive of the group that you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were unable to finish a project and what would you have done to finish it on time?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got a phone call a day later after I applied online. Went on two interviews, that collectively took 40 minutes including the wait. They read you questions off of a list. Easy stuff. The interviewers are very nice. Smile. Its a Target job after all, you don't need to answer their questions with perfection and sophistication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what a RedCard is?   Answer Question
    • Bunch of behavioral questions. If you never had any work experience before, remember anything experience that might relate.   Answer Question