Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
4,100 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Met with one of the managers at the starbucks inside the target.
    Interview was only about 5 minutes.
    I asked simple questions.
    After it was over, did the drug test and started the very next week.

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target in September 2014.

Process took about a week. I applied online and got a call a week later to set up a phone interview for the next day. The interview was with the HR rep for the position's department. Very understanding guy. If I didn't have a answer for a question, he seemed he was ok with that. Not sure if that will affect the outcome. Now I'm waiting for the second phone call for a in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we contacted your current/previous employer, what you they say you needed to improve on?   Answer Question

MP Business Analyst Interview

For the internship, the process was extremely simple. A lot of the questions were behavioral based, so make sure you have concrete and specific examples so the recruiter can learn more about your management and learning styles. After the first round interview you will be asked to complete a basic assessment of math, logical, and verbal questions, and then a second round of more behavior questions will be conducted. The whole process in itself takes about 2 weeks, and I got an offer only a couple of days after my second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, I felt that the process was fairly simple. Just be sure to be concise.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

I submitted an online interview and received a call a couple days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and asked some very basic questions of background and interest. They also asked some generic leadership questions. If you pass that you they will ask you,on the call, if you will be willing to come in for a sit down interview. It usually is within the week. In the sit down you will have three half hour interviews. In each interview their will be two people interviewing you. Follow the interviews they will let you know within two to three days if you are offered or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you addressed a difficult situation with a boss or coworker.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

It was a 2 week process from applying to getting hired. Was called to set up an interview. There are 2 interviews assuming you pass the first one. They ask generic questions i.e. name a time you gave great customer service (something along those lines). If you pass the 2nd interview they will tell you right then and there.

No negotiation

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Online application, Phone Interview with many "tell me about a time..." questions, One on One interview followed by a third interview with pretty much the same questions then if offered the position then you take a test then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any Difficult questions as their question are on a sheet of paper as a guideline and have no unique kind of questions. All questions pretty much start with "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question
    No negotiation they just stated this is what we can do.

Executive Team Leader - Replenishment Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by HR. You interview with multiple higher level managers. The questions themselves are pretty routine, but each interviewer has a different set. They're all "Tell me about a time" questions. So have a 5 - 10 stories about experiences you had working or in school (for new grads) that you can relate to different facets of leadership. The questions are all organized around Target's leadership qualities, so each question is supposed to help determine if you have these qualities. These are the leadership expectations, broken down by functional area (Personal, Team, Thought, and Results):
    PERSONAL:
    RESULTS:
    Manages execution
    Drives for results
    Maximizes productivity

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a coworker or superior you struggled with and couldn't agree. I'm paraphrasing but it was something along those lines.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview was situation based questions averaging 5-6 questions for each of the 3 separate interviews. Questions are best answered in a format beginning with the situation then your behaviors and followed by the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just come prepared with great examples of your leadership in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Target ETL Logistics Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

I had a friend send my resumer to hisee recruiter. A week later I was contacted through email asking what day and time I will like to have my phone interview. When she called she asked to me tell her about myself. After that she asked a series of "tell me about a time when" questions we ran out of time. It was only 30 minutes. She was very nice. Still waiting on a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that made a significant impact.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!