Target

Getting the Interview

3,595 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First interview was via phone with recruiter. Very pleasant call. She immediately set me up with a F2F interview at local store with store manager, followed by a web conference interview with regional manager the next day. I was impressed at how quickly they moved through those first few steps. Everyone was very nice, in fact possibly too nice because I left each interview feeling like I was a great fit - so was very surprised when I was later turned down.
I have to give it an overall negative rating, because I think a company like Target can do a better job than simply updating your status to "no longer under consideration for this position." At least type up a template email to send to candidates like myself who went through 3 interviews. Also, while the 3 interviews were scheduled quickly, afterwards it was over a month before I heard anything at all, and again it was only the status update on the site. I emailed the recruiter 2 weeks after my last interview to check in, and received no response. I know we are all supposed to feel sorry for the poor, overworked recruiter, but it's amazing how they have all the time in the world for you at first, but can't take the time to answer you after you interview.

Interview Question – I felt that all questions were pretty standard. Greatest strength, greatest weakness, "tell me about a time when" types of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Executive Float Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a recruiter first and second interview was with a store manager, both were phone interviews. Both asked why Target followed by 4 situational questions. All responses are expected to follow a situation/task, action, result format. Both interviewers were pleasant but second interviewer seemed in a rush which may have led me to ramble my responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you motivated someone to get out of a hard situation.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was well organized. Completing the job applications and having alerts for similar jobs of interest are particularly helpful.
However it was very difficult to get an interview to begin with. The I finally got an interview which i thought went well but I was not chosen.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was to describe a scenario during which a successfully used technology to improve revenue and profit at the same time.   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I met with them at a career fair, signed up for an interview at the career fair and also applied online. Attended the interview at my career services center.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Northridge, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Filled out at computer, had interview and got job

Interview Question – Tell me a situation were you? Really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We would like to give you a job.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Simple. The first is over the phone and if you accomplish that well, you'll get the face to face interview with one of the managers. I originally applied to be just a cashier but my experience got me into Human Resources.

Interview Question – They ask the usual behavior questions: what are your strengths, weaknesses, how to handle worst customers, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 1st: apply online
2nd: they'll call if you meet qualifications
3rd: 1 st interview is with the Team Leader over the phone (Target just started doing this about two years ago, I think it was a horrible idea, it's very informal and not personal at all!)
4th: If team leader likes the phone conversation, they'll call you in for a second interview (in person) with their Executive Team Leader.
5th: If the ETL likes you, HR clerical will come out and give you a job offer (at this time you are offered pay rate)
6th: required drug test within 24hours (if not taken within the time frame, you will be disqualified from the position)
7th: once drug test passes, than you are called in for orientation. (about an 8 hours day/paid with the last 2-3 hours of shadow cashier training)

Interview Question – Their interview questions are all "Tell me about a time" They want to know specifics: what was the Situation, What you did about it, and what was the outcome (Bonus: tell them what you learned from this situation) is how most target employers like you to answer their questions.

Most Difficult Question for a entry level candidate: Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a peer and what did you do to solve that disagreement (not an exact question, can't really remember any but questions are something similar).

Another question that candidates seem to find difficult (which is actually simple) What are your good qualities and what do you need to improve on? (do not say you do not have anything to improcve; everyone does!)
  Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total. A lot of situational "tell me about a time" questions

Interview Question – nothing was too difficult, but they do look for answers with substance   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied through college program. The interview consisted of a phone screening, following an interview with the District Team Leader. Interview lasted only 20 minutes, with behavioral questions. I received a call for an offer 30 minutes after leaving the interview.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to motivate a group of people and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice. All 3,595 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.