Target Group Leader - DC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC).

Interview

Situation based questions.Tell me about a time where you had to take a leadership role within a group?Very quick interview, a fast and relatively easy process if you can be quick on your feet with the questions they ask. Be prepared to answer situation questions about your personal experiences, and answer them thoroughly, or this will end up being a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take a leadership role within a group?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Whole process took over 4 months. Interviewers appeared to be extremely judgement. I was nervous most interviewees are but they proceeded to make me even more uncomfortable. I think they did not like the "look" of me and had their mind set.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to reach out to various sources to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Suffolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Began with a brief presentation about the warehouse and about Target culture. Followed by two small panel interviews each with two interviewers using behavioral questions (Situation, Action, Result). Finished with a tour of the warehouse and chance to ask questions. Before you get to the face-to-face interview there are one or more telephone screenings as well as an online assessment that you have to pass. From what I hear, if you make it to the face-to-face you have a pretty good chance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... you had to motivate someone, you had to lead a team project, you received negative feedback, you had to coach someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

Interview

The interview process begins with a telephone screen which lasts about 30 minutes. There is a second telephone call in which the recruiter presents a series of behavior based interview questions. After that you are sent an online assessment to complete. This takes about an hour. Next is the on-site interview where you will be introduced to the warehouse and meet with one or more groups of people who will ask more behavior based interview questions as well as some unstructured questions. When answering the behavior based questions they are looking for the STAR format or situation/task, action, result. You need to be specific in the answer and not talk about what you MIGHT do but what actually happened. After that you will have a tour of the facility and be led out the door with a packet indicating that you might receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to help somebody do better at work. Tell me about a time when you had to change the way your approached a situation.   Answer Question

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by a Talent Day where you are given a tour. The sit down interview is done in 3 sets of interviews with potential piers Group Leaders, Senior Group Leaders, and the GM.

Interview Questions

• All questions are situational based "Tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tyler, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process took a whole month. I never applied to work for Target, I was contacted out of the blue for a position. I spoke with the recruiter about 5 times in interview form, after several weeks of this and preparing for the onsite interview, I finally was on campus. There was a 45 minute tour of the plant, 10 minute presentation, then the interviews began. I was interviewed by two individuals, after awhile I could tell the man wasn't interested in me, he began to sit back in his chair, no longer engaged in the conversation and just spatting out questions and continuously looking at his watch. The lady continued to be engaged. Once that interview was complete, I was on to the next one. Again another man that was not engaged in the interview and glancing at his computer frequently, even admitted that he hadn't had a chance to review my resume. At the end of the day, I pretty much knew that I wouldn't receive an offer, reading the body language of the interviewers and the fact that one interviewer hadn't even taken the time to review my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help others elevate performance?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a goal with little direction?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you’ve used multiple resources to make a decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lugoff, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Lugoff, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Great Interview Process. Conducted a phone interview with a recruiter first. One week later meet to two different two man teams to conduct two interviews. Practice the behavioral based interview process. I was ask a total of 4 behavioral based interview questions by each interview panel. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Why target Tell me about a time you..... 1. Gave Great guest service 2. made a mistake with great impact 3. leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something 4. had to deliver constructive feedback 5. had to use active listening   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tyler, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interview pods of 5 to 6 behavior based questions. They want a specific response or example to each question. Be specific and incorporate how you lead your team through each question. Use we or my team in your examples, not me focused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy and straight forward. Received a call to schedule a telephone interview. The interview went really well. The recruiter ask straight forward questions such as How did you hear about Target? and tell me about yourself?. Interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. The call ended with the interviewer telling me that I would hear back in a few days whether I would go forward in the interview process or not.

Group Leader - DC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

I had a 15 minute interview with a member of human resources. The questions weren't all that difficult when you know what they are asking. Why target? Tell me about yourself? What was an accomplishment that you had at your last job? From the time I applied, had the interview, and got rejected the process took about a month. The interview went well. Unfortunately, they just decided to go another route. I applied again. I am confident I can do this job with one hand tied behind my back.