Target Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Great Interview Process. Paired interviews throughout the process. There was a phone interview and several onsite interviews. Everyone was very kind and was respectful of time. Responses back from HR were very quick and the processed went smoothly

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the referral hiring process. Had one get to know you interview and the second was behavioral based questions. Along with the second interview was a personality and quantitative assessment. You must pass the second interview and both assessments in order to get the last two interviews, which is an all day event at their Corporate headquarters. This consisted of a Business Analyst panel, networking with BA's and Buyers, two interviews with Buyers, and a tour. It takes up to three weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave someone advice or feedback.   Answer Question

Interview

fairly straight forward, SBO based questions. HR will do it in a three round interview style. the first round consists of general get to know your background style questions with a few SBO questions. a week later you will take a test and go through another round of mainly SBO questions. if you make it to the third round you will interview in person with 2 senior buyers and/or directors at HQ in Minneapolis. overall a pretty straightforward interview process. research the company, research SBO format, have 5-6 GREAT examples of things you experienced/did/lead and be able to apply them in multiple different ways. If you do that then you should be a great fit for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Just one casual interview with behavioral questions. My interviewer was a nice lady that wanted to see what I knew about the company. Then she talked to me about the company and what she does and how she got there.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Evanston, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment. I met the recruiter at the career fair and submitted my resume online through the university career services site. They reached out to me about a week later for an interview on campus. It was 30 minutes all behavioral. Before the interview, I had to complete an online reasoning and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict working in a group   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

phone interview and emails between myself and the recruiter. very straightforward. applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Very personable and a joy to speak with. seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions -- most of the questions you can google and see ahead of time to get a general idea of what is going to be asked   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very difficult. Situation - Behavior - Outcome questions, need to have examples prepared. Wear a suit and know about the company. I would also suggest doing mock interviews with mentors beforehand to practice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met at Job Fair at my school, gave resume, talked about my goals. Hand an on campus interview about two weeks later. I truly enjoyed the interview, it couldn't have gone better. Easy flow and standard questions. About 2 weeks later received an email to set up a time where I could talk to a recruiter. During this talk they offered me a position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very long process. Applied on line, several weeks of waiting, HR phone screen, one on one interviews with 4 different people, people I interviewed with were very nice and questions were situation/behavioral, wondered how some of the questions even related to the position. Then several more weeks of waiting before being contacted regarding an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given credit for something you didn't do.   Answer Question

Heard rumors of lay offs, didn't want to take the risk especially since I would be relocating.

Interview

Info Session at School, submitted a resume online. Followed by a screener aptitude test, and then an in-person interview. The whole process was fairly straightforward and simple. No trick questions, no business cases.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were in a group and they made a decision you didn't agree with   Answer Question