Target Starbucks Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

I applied online at target.com. I got a call a few days later to come in for an interview with the team lead and executive team lead. Got offered the job on the spot after the interview. I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome obstacles between you and other team mates in a group setting?   Answer Question

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. They scheduled an in-store interview for the following Friday. The interview was in the back office. I had two interviews back-to-back. They were very unorganized and later told me they were not hiring for their Starbucks. I received an email later that week I didn't get the job, probably because it didn't exist.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty easy. I applied online, and received a phone call two weeks later. First was a ten minute phone interview, then a in store interview. Went in for orientation a week later.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you worked with a Co worker you didn't get along with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, negotiating pay. $9.50 is all they will start you out with even if you have experience.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a simple 5 minute interview going over my application. Then I had to do a assessment on the computer that led to a second interview the same day. The second interview had a quick video and then your simple "What would you do in this type of situation questions". Had a job offered the same day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a co worker that you did not get along with to finish a project? How did you approach it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 24 hours received a call from the store scheduling an interview. I had one short interview that mainly focused on workplace attitude questions, then I had to finish an applicant questionnaire which asked situational questions. Following that there was a short video explaining the position I was applying for and another short interview that included more situational questions and asked about the video I viewed. Finally, there was one more interview with the person who manages the department I would work under. She then offered me the job then and there. It seemed like a lot but honestly, just giving decent answers will be plenty good enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your attitude positively influenced a situation and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had a disagreement with a coworker. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what the Target REDcard is? Please sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took them awhile to get back to me. Probably about a week. It was pretty simple. Most of the questions are situations, "tell me a time where you ....?", "how would you handle....?". Your basic costumer service questions. They also ask "why target?". I was interviewed by 2 people. You sit in their break room in between interviews, which is kind of awkward. But if you get the 2 interviews, you are basically hired. I then talked to a 3rd person who told me I got the job ( hired on the spot), my pay, and when/what to wear to training. The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Over all very nice people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, pay was higher than I thought it would be.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Hefty interview because of the introduction videos and wait time. But the actual interview questions were fairly straightforward and goal driven. The typical "what can you offer Target" types of questions.

Interview Questions

• List a time you experienced failure, explain the situation, the people you were with, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Saratoga Springs, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call minutes after submitting an online application requesting an interview for the next day. I met first with the Starbucks manager, who asked a series of questions, then the Target HR manager, who asked a lot of the same ones. It was very laid back, and they offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer was searching for an item but it wasn't on the sales floor?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team to reach a common goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • If a product rang up as 19.99 but the customer insisted it was 17.99, what would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one with a random team lead and then with an executive team lead. They asked common behavioral questions. They gave me an overview of the job and what the schedule would look like. They offered me a job at the end

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were successful as a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online via Snagajob.com and I was called to schedule an interview about a week later. Before the interview, I completed a personality test. At the interview, the majority of questions asked were behavior questions. So, it was a lot of "Tell me a time when..." (tell me a time you worked in a group, tell me a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it, tell me a time you had to do a lot of things in a short amount of time, etc). They wanted answers that included the problem, what you did/resolution, and the outcome. They also asked why I want to work at Target and why specifically, in the Starbucks department. Also, they asked what were my strengths and weaknesses. After that there was a second interview where a few of the questions from the first interview were elaborated. The second interview included situational questions. I got asked about 2 situational questions, which were "what would you do if you were ringing up a customer's item and they claimed the price they saw was something other than the price rung up?" and "what would you do if a customer couldn't find a specific style they want in their size?" After the two interviews I was told they were extending the job opportunity to me, but I had to go do the drug test first. After the drug test results were in, I was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this position at Target?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.