Target

2.8

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2012.

There are several stages to this interview. First is a phone interview. Mine took about 30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when you made a mistake and how/what did you do after". Then, if you did well you were given access to an online exam that tested your ethics and math skills. Next is a face-to-face interview with two pharmacists where you were asked 5 more behavioral questions. I did not make it past this stage of the interview, but from what I hear there is another face-to-face interview with the district manager. Perhaps that is the final stage? Either way, the whole process is exhausting!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little instructions or details and tell me how/what did you do   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader, Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

Target has a ridiculously long interview process. I had one phone pre-screen with an HR recruiter from corporate (Minnesota). Then, I had to complete a 2-hour, online test with personality, logic and math questions. Next, I had a separate phone interview with same HR recruiter, followed by in-person interview with district pharmacy manager. Finally, I had a phone interview with the district store leader (not a pharmacist).

Interview Questions
    • None. If you prepare for situational/behavioral questions using the STAR method and keep your answers specific and concise, you will likely do well.   Answer Question
    They gave me more money than I had asked for, so I did not need to negotiate.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in September 2009.

I talked to a Target representative at my school's career fair and he signed me up for an on campus interview. I got an email from Target HR and had to take an approx. 100 question test with personality questions and skills questions like math and organizational. I went to the on campus interview and had two Target employees ask me 5 behavioral questions, plus a few like "Why Target?" and "Tell me about yourself". This interview was on Tues. morning and I got a call back that afternoon inviting me for an onsite interview on Thurs. I went to the Triangle Town Center location for my interview. Two employees again, 10 behavioral questions plus strengths/weaknesses. Answering 10 behavioral questions in one sitting, I found to be quite difficult. I found myself returning to many of the same experiences over and over again, it was tough to find new ones for godsake I'm only 22 years old. I got a rejection email the following Tuesday. I had little retail experience and no real experience managing people which is probably more in the direction of what they were looking for. Overall, I think the process seems very fair and professional, but it is tough.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were creative.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you realized after you had finished something that you had made a mistake.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2012.

I got my initial interview from my campus. I signed up with career services and my campus recruiter emailed me to set up an interview right away. My first interview was pretty easy. 5 standard STAR style questions and then " do you have any questions for me?" I also had to do an assessment. It was quite hard- not what I was expecting at all. It says to have at least 30 minutes but it took me 90. Personality, math, and logical questions. I think i took the most time on logical. I honestly dont know who sits by who. (if you take the test you will know what i mean) After that, I interviewed the DTL. they make you feel comfortable and help guide you through the stories. Really not things you can make up since they have lots of follow up questions. I would recommend going on the Target website. It helps a lot. Come up with your power stories and make them fit into the question. This was the hardest interview for me. Afterwards, I interviewed HR. Same style questions but they ask you what your strengths and weaknesses are, goals, and 3-5 other questions. They do not guide you though the process and ask questions like the previous interviews. I think they assume you know the drill. I few hours later I got a call from my recruiter and got an offer. Drug test within 24 hours and background check. I got a call back 3 days later and cleared. So happy i decided to apply. Everyone I met was great! They are really nice people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you lead a group project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to confront your boss.   Answer Question
    • What have you dont thus far to prepare for the interview? Who have you met or talked to?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was offered 50k +benefits. Didnt even think I would be making that much to start with.

Pharmacist Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2008.

My first interview with Target was with a regional manager in the city where I live. After passing that interview, I received an email requesting that I take an online skills test. The test consisted of problem solving, personality, and math problems and took approximately 1 hour. After passing the online test, I completed 2 phone interviews; the first with a district manager from the location I will be moving to and the second with a human resources manager in that district. Two months later I also met with a local pharmacy manager face-to-face. Every interview experience was very positive, and several managers told me that I would be a good fit for the company, but I received a "you are not a good fit" email two months later after several follow-up phone calls and emails. The interview process at Target is very flawed, in that the questions are very scripted (e.g. Tell us about a time when....and what did you do?) and don't allow the management to really get to know a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when things didn't go the way you wanted them to?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in January 2007.

Overall, it was pretty straight forward. The only reason I got the job was because I knew someone there. The most important part of the interview is convincing the HR that you're not going to quit in less than three months. Also, if you are getting hired, they will likely give you a job offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical, things like: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2007.

Applied online, received a phone call to schedule a phone interview 3 days later. Phone interview asked basic interview questions, lasted 15 minutes. Then had to complete extensive online testing at home--tested math skills, reading comprehension, personality test, etc--took about 2 hours to complete. Next had to drive 3.5 hours for an overnight stay at a nearby town for first round of in person interviews. They were panel interviews and lasted 4 hours, met with bigwigs, etc. A week later got another call to meet with the CEO of the local distro where I would be working--as well as with the HR director. Two days later had to meet with the HR dept. managers as well as complete another computerized test and drug test. Was paraded around the HR dept to meet all the associates there. After all that, they decided to offer me a job that was actually lower on the totem pole than the one I applied--and was qualified--for.

Interview Questions
    They actually offered me $2500 over what my minimum was, so I accepted.

Target Executive Team Leader Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2009.

The interview was fairly hard taking into consideration a recent graduate who had no idea about behavioral questions. And that is all you should expect from Target. Four people interviewed me, two at a time and they literally throw you situational questions. Give us an example of a win win situation you we're involved in?

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a win win situation you we're involved in?   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a person you mentored and what are the results?   Answer Question

Pharmacist/Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in April 2012.

Crazy long and difficult process.
    I am currently nearing the end of the process. The job I started interviewing for was as a floater pharmacist but with an interest in managing eventually (everyone should say this!)

The first interview was a 1:1 phone interview with a recruiter. The email said it would be a phone call to get to know me, but it was just an interview where she first asked to tell her about myself, then led into behavioral questions following the STAR method as many have mentioned. I was not prepared for this at all and stumbled through the interview. Luckily I was at Target in the month of March so I got good recommendations that I think contributed to getting a second interview which I was much better prepared for.

The second interview was another phone interview, this time with 2 people, a store team leader (STL) and Pharmacy Business Partner. Same format, tell about myself then 5 STAR questions. Went better than the first but still not completely smooth since the questions are super tough. ASK QUESTIONS AT THE END! This is extremely important. I was told in 5-7 days I'd know if I got another interview. 4 hours later I received a call that they liked me and wanted to schedule a 3rd interview.

The 3rd interview was a 1:1 interview with the District Team Leader in the area I was interviewing for (I just had this on Apr 4th). It was in person which was awesome since I make a better impression in person and you can see how the interview responds to your answers. Same exact format, tell about me then 5 STAR questions. Again, ASK QUESTIONS! This shows you've thought about the position and are interested. It went really well and I was told I could feel confident I got the position. She also recommended me for a 4th interview which looks for ETL potential. (Typically there are only 3 interviews for staff/float positions)

I have my 4th interview with HR over the phone on 4/10/12. I was told it would be more brief and am currently preparing for it the same way as I have the others (review this site, think of answers to questions).

Overall the process has taken awhile but has been very smooth and everyone along the way has been very friendly. After each interview the recruiter I originally spoke with calls and touches base with me to ask how the interview went and to tell the feedback I received from my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you helped bring a group of people together to finish a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me when you had to alter your performance based on feedback.   Answer Question
    • Tell me when you anticipated a challenge and proactively acted to prevent it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most challenging group project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me when you acted as a mentor for someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

In-store application. 1:1 Interview/assistant manager and store tour. Can you work these selected hours without time off? Tell me something cool about yourself? Group interview: two days later with ten people. Final Interview: no offer: overqualified: I had to much education. Target was like Walmart very liberal work culture.