Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
4,152 Interview Reviews

2.8

Pharmacist Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2008.

My first interview with Target was with a regional manager in the city where I live. After passing that interview, I received an email requesting that I take an online skills test. The test consisted of problem solving, personality, and math problems and took approximately 1 hour. After passing the online test, I completed 2 phone interviews; the first with a district manager from the location I will be moving to and the second with a human resources manager in that district. Two months later I also met with a local pharmacy manager face-to-face. Every interview experience was very positive, and several managers told me that I would be a good fit for the company, but I received a "you are not a good fit" email two months later after several follow-up phone calls and emails. The interview process at Target is very flawed, in that the questions are very scripted (e.g. Tell us about a time when....and what did you do?) and don't allow the management to really get to know a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when things didn't go the way you wanted them to?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Hill, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2007.

Very easy

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2007.

Very thorough. Many behavioral and situational questions. Interviews started at 9am and were every half hour until 1130ish. Was walked all over building to different meeting rooms for each interview and by the time the interviews were over I was very disoriented and confused as to who all the people were I interviewed with and where I was at! After a quick lunch I was taken to a psychiatrists office for a written, analytical, and mathematical exam, then took a personality test which was followed up with another interview with a psychiatrist. Took the drug test the next day while still in Minneapolis and was offered the position an hour later. Very quick, efficient, and very very thorough. If you want a professional job with Target you better not be embellishing anything because they with figure it out!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a difficult problem and how you worked through it.   Answer Question
    Recruiter was very pleasant and easy to work with.

Overnight Stocker Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2007.

Overall, it was pretty straight forward. The only reason I got the job was because I knew someone there. The most important part of the interview is convincing the HR that you're not going to quit in less than three months. Also, if you are getting hired, they will likely give you a job offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical, things like: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

I talked to a Target representative at my school's career fair and he signed me up for an on campus interview. I got an email from Target HR and had to take an approx. 100 question test with personality questions and skills questions like math and organizational. I went to the on campus interview and had two Target employees ask me 5 behavioral questions, plus a few like "Why Target?" and "Tell me about yourself". This interview was on Tues. morning and I got a call back that afternoon inviting me for an onsite interview on Thurs. I went to the Triangle Town Center location for my interview. Two employees again, 10 behavioral questions plus strengths/weaknesses. Answering 10 behavioral questions in one sitting, I found to be quite difficult. I found myself returning to many of the same experiences over and over again, it was tough to find new ones for godsake I'm only 22 years old. I got a rejection email the following Tuesday. I had little retail experience and no real experience managing people which is probably more in the direction of what they were looking for. Overall, I think the process seems very fair and professional, but it is tough.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were creative.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you realized after you had finished something that you had made a mistake.   Answer Question

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in March 2007.

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter, behavioral questions. Then I was interviewed by two people, a manager and a group manager. Same behavioral questions. Assessment was pretty standar, personality, logic, problem solving type of questions

Human Resources Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2007.

Applied online, received a phone call to schedule a phone interview 3 days later. Phone interview asked basic interview questions, lasted 15 minutes. Then had to complete extensive online testing at home--tested math skills, reading comprehension, personality test, etc--took about 2 hours to complete. Next had to drive 3.5 hours for an overnight stay at a nearby town for first round of in person interviews. They were panel interviews and lasted 4 hours, met with bigwigs, etc. A week later got another call to meet with the CEO of the local distro where I would be working--as well as with the HR director. Two days later had to meet with the HR dept. managers as well as complete another computerized test and drug test. Was paraded around the HR dept to meet all the associates there. After all that, they decided to offer me a job that was actually lower on the totem pole than the one I applied--and was qualified--for.

Interview Questions
    They actually offered me $2500 over what my minimum was, so I accepted.

Target Executive Team Leader Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2009.

The interview was fairly hard taking into consideration a recent graduate who had no idea about behavioral questions. And that is all you should expect from Target. Four people interviewed me, two at a time and they literally throw you situational questions. Give us an example of a win win situation you we're involved in?

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a win win situation you we're involved in?   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a person you mentored and what are the results?   Answer Question

Store Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2009.

I applied through my school's career website. I got an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. A week later, I had my interview and two days later, I got an email from the company that they've decided to consider other candidates.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stoughton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2009.

Their interview involved many behavioral questions. It focused on talking about a situation and then what you would do in that situation. All of their questions focused on results. From what I can understand, they give the hardest interview questions. You must practice a lot if you are going to succeed in the interview. In addition, you have to take a few personality and IQ tests online. They are simple though. Also, you must participate in a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you were the leader of a team and describe the experience?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!