Target

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Getting the Interview

3,608 candidate interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – It was fairly simple and straightforward. However, didn't get the job because I was seasonal. I would rather they not waste my time nor I waste theirs. I think it went well though. If you aren't seasonal, seem responsible, and have prior work experience with good references, there is no reason why you shouldn't get this job.

Interview Question – What is your most unorthodox way of solving a problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I met with them at a career fair, signed up for an interview at the career fair and also applied online. Attended the interview at my career services center.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – It's a series of situation-based interviews, each with 3-5 questions. Typically, you interview with your own HR, your STL, and then the DTL.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Apply online. First phone interview then 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things didn't go the way you wanted them to   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Was not hired. Long interview process

Interview Question – Be prepared. Do your research. Be passionate about the position you are applying for. Hardest question was why work for target   View Answer

Executive Store Intern Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – University Job fair. Doing tons of questions before the interview. The 1st during the interview is do you need a sponsorship to work for Target. I said yes(as international student). Then the interviewer told me to be prepared that I will not get the position because of the sponsorship. I think i did not get the offer because of that.

Interview Question – All behavior questions   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Interview

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to give a supervisor bad news.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Met at a career fair at my university and was offered an interview. The first interview there were 2 people interviewing me, I was then moved on in the interview process. The second interview was broken down into 2 interviews. The first interview was with 2 employees and the second interview was one on one. All behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Executive Management Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied after a mass email went out on my campus. I had an on the phone internship and an in-person interview with the District Leader. Inbetween the two there was an hour of online testing. During the in person interviews there where multiple questions, as stated by others lots of "discuss a time when...".

Interview Question – Discuss a time when you had a goal and you had to give up something to achieve it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice. All 3,608 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.