Target Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Store Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The hiring process can be quite lengthy with multiple interviews with various leaders. Behavior based interview questions are typically used. Mainly focused on driving results, motivating teams, performance management, team development, strategic thinking, and managing execution. Relocation is a must for higher level positions.

Flow Team Interview

Interview

interview with 2 different people. it was a very long process , and all the questions were very common questions. just for a seasonal position. It was very easy. The hiring videos were very common and boring.

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later I got a phone call to go to an interview. One week passed and I went to the interview. Was interviewed by a guy and asked me a few questions. He told me I was most likely qualified for the job and told me that I'll get a second interview in a few minutes. Got interviewed by a different guy and asked me the same questions as the other guy did. I got job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

it was good, the manager was very nice and they asked easy questions like tell me about yourself and describe a time when you went out of you way to help a customer

Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Target - Hiring Process for Target Sales Floor/Cashier Sales-Cashier Easy process 1st call for schedule basic question from resume Applied Online Interview one on one with 2 managers fast process Interview-just asked questions about your experience in your resume. Any challenges you faced.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

It was very easy going and everyone was very friendly. I got there and I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers, was given a tour of the store, and asked about what department I would like to work in. About a week or so later I got a phone call to come back in to talk about what kind of job I would be working and how long training would be.

Negotiation

No negotiation, but it was one of my first jobs so I was just happy to be getting paid.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

Initial application is found online. Before meeting with an interviewer, a second assessment is given at the Target store. Interview consisted of two parts. First part involved a general meeting with one person with HR and the second part involved a different person from HR. Both interviews involved questions regarding availability, customer service, and employment experience. The interview process took about 1.5 hours. An offer was given at the end of the meetings (possibly due to the position being seasonal).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wanted a specific item and our store didn't carry it or it was out of stock?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Simple interview questions. Name a time, name a situation type questions. Received a phone call a week after I applied online. The person I spoke to asked if I wanted to interview for a higher position being that I have a degree. Had an interview with STL.

Interview Questions

• Name a situations where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

First they set you up with a phone interview with an HR representative. They ask you a few basic questions to gauge your work skills and interest in the company. After, if the phone interview goes well, they set up an in store interview with an ETL or the STL. As long as this interview goes well, they offer you the position there, and you usually start within a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had done the whole questionnaire and waited maybe 2 weeks and then got an email that I was not accepted the job. Found out that it was possibly because I was too young and not very experienced