Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
4,104 Interview Reviews

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Interview Questions
    • The typical work day to me, is enjoying what I am doing, while working with my fellow workers. I hope to learn new things ever day, and pass my knowledge to the public. I always try to listen to and follow directions given to me by my superiors.I try always to get along with my co-workers,and work as a team. The hardest part of any new job is,just t   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

They call first for a phone interview, and once you pass that, you'll get called in for a second interview, and that's the interview you have to be focused on. Feel accomplished, and do nothing but smile.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question they asked me probably would be, "Name a time where you've done something better than expected."   View Answer
    Pay was $8.75/hr

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

I submitted an online interview and received a call a couple days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and asked some very basic questions of background and interest. They also asked some generic leadership questions. If you pass that you they will ask you,on the call, if you will be willing to come in for a sit down interview. It usually is within the week. In the sit down you will have three half hour interviews. In each interview their will be two people interviewing you. Follow the interviews they will let you know within two to three days if you are offered or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you addressed a difficult situation with a boss or coworker.   Answer Question

GSA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

I was a cashier so I was promoted within but there is another GSA that was hired as such just before me. It was one interview with the ETL and one interview with the HR TL. The questions were all customer service driven and about your ability to motivate others to meet goals. Just focus on your ability to meet goals, motivate others to meet their goals and lead in providing a great customer service experience.

No negotiations

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Applied online and got a call from Target with a phone interview right away in a week. Got called for an interview and went through 3 different people, with the ETL or the Executive Team Lead hiring me on the spot.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

It was a 2 week process from applying to getting hired. Was called to set up an interview. There are 2 interviews assuming you pass the first one. They ask generic questions i.e. name a time you gave great customer service (something along those lines). If you pass the 2nd interview they will tell you right then and there.

No negotiation

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview was situation based questions averaging 5-6 questions for each of the 3 separate interviews. Questions are best answered in a format beginning with the situation then your behaviors and followed by the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just come prepared with great examples of your leadership in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Replenishment Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by HR. You interview with multiple higher level managers. The questions themselves are pretty routine, but each interviewer has a different set. They're all "Tell me about a time" questions. So have a 5 - 10 stories about experiences you had working or in school (for new grads) that you can relate to different facets of leadership. The questions are all organized around Target's leadership qualities, so each question is supposed to help determine if you have these qualities. These are the leadership expectations, broken down by functional area (Personal, Team, Thought, and Results):
    PERSONAL:
    RESULTS:
    Manages execution
    Drives for results
    Maximizes productivity

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a coworker or superior you struggled with and couldn't agree. I'm paraphrasing but it was something along those lines.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Online application, Phone Interview with many "tell me about a time..." questions, One on One interview followed by a third interview with pretty much the same questions then if offered the position then you take a test then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any Difficult questions as their question are on a sheet of paper as a guideline and have no unique kind of questions. All questions pretty much start with "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question
    No negotiation they just stated this is what we can do.

Target ETL Logistics Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

I had a friend send my resumer to hisee recruiter. A week later I was contacted through email asking what day and time I will like to have my phone interview. When she called she asked to me tell her about myself. After that she asked a series of "tell me about a time when" questions we ran out of time. It was only 30 minutes. She was very nice. Still waiting on a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that made a significant impact.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!