Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
4,149 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Applied online, and the very next day I got a call from the assistant manager. He asked me a few questions like "Why would you like to work for Target," "Why did you apply for the sales floor position," and "Are you available to work holidays and weekends?" He then told me what I would be making an hour, and scheduled me for an interview a few days later.

On Interview day, they had me sit at a computer and take an assessment, which consisted of "What would you do if" questions and math problems. Not long after that an employee led me to an empty room and had my interview. Questions were mainly like the phone interview, along with questions relating to guest service and working under pressure. After the interview, I was led to another room to talk about drug testing and payrate. Needless to say, I got the job. As long as you are calm and confident, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Why should Team Members provide excellent guest service to the guests?   Answer Question

Distribution Leadership Interview

Contacted me next day after applying. Scheduled an interview phone session with Distribution manager. Interview lasted 30 minutes and included all the typical questions you see through here. Have 2nd round interview in person and will be mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest positive and negative in your managing style   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions
    • There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I went in and was asked questions about how i work with others and some questions about what i would do in certain situations, and the interviewer was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult, just make sure you describe in detail the experiences they ask about.   Answer Question

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

Applied online and got a call within a week to go in for an interview. When I got there I took the assessment and waited for 10 minutes. Then some guy came and took me to his office and began to ask questions. He kept getting called through his walkie talkie and rushed to finish the interview. Asked pretty standard questions... Why do you want to work at Target etc. He didn't really seem interested in what I was answering just wanted to get the interview over with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask. What was the outcome? Tell me about a time you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview was easy, basic interview questions such as what are you strengths and weaknesses, what you would do if an item rang up as a different price than what the customer said was posted (you take the customer's word for it), when was a time where you made a mistake and what did you do, and so on.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

There is three different interviews. They all are very similar in their nature. The interviews are with the team lead, manager, and the human resources person. All of these different people ask you different questions but they are all similar in their nature

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you had to hold or maintain your anger   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later for an interview. Had my first and second interview on the same day and was offered a job. They do drug test too. Just act professional and always make eye contact.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

applied online, received a call that week to do a phone interview which took about 15 minutes. the lady was really nice, asked typical questions, why do you want to work here, experience, a time where you showed customer service etc. be prepared and youll be fine

Manager Interview

Very Structured, Behavior based interview. Be prepared to answer 5-10 questions that detail how you get along with others, manage conflict and improve operations. It is advisable to really understand what Target stands for and how you can fit into their structure.

Interview Questions
    • Use a response format that will detail the situation, action and result   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!