Target

4,458 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interviews were quick and easy. Simple questions and i was comfortable with the pay they offered me ($8.50 an hour). my store seemed to be really flexible with my availability so don't worry too much about that!

Interview Questions
    • "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   View Answer
    Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

They will call you for an interview time. Interview starts with one person in management, they ask questions from a form they have where they appear to be rating your answers. If you're good they will give you a second interview on the spot and another person of management comes in and does pretty much the same interview again asking most of the same questions as before. After that I was told I was being hired and that I would need to submit to a drug test as they are a drug free work place and that my job was conditional to my passing the test.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical interview questions like "Why would you be a good part of our team?", "What would you do in X situation", etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I received a phone call over a month after I applied for a seasonal position, which was compromised of a few short questions, mainly to insure that I was still interested, what I wanted my pay rate to be, and my availability.
    I received another phone call, which was an interview, and I was asked a few long questions, all of which were typical.
    I received a call a week later to ask me to come to an interview the next week.
    This interview was a bit tougher, and I was not sure how I did, until I received a call and email a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake, and how you corrected it.   Answer Question

Inter Business Analyst Interview

Easy interview. Very basic behavioral question. Depending on your school you'll have as little as 1 interview or as many as 3 interviews. Along with your interview you have to pass an online times IQ test.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview was somewhat difficult. It was all behavioral questions. Study up on the STAR technique. It was definitely an interview that focused on questions from corporate rather than getting to know you, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the person. Overall it was a fair interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to turn a weakness into one of your strengths?   Answer Question

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

The hiring and interview process was great, if one person isn't sure they will have you talk to several different people. The questions are pretty much the same wherever you go.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Very quick to reply after sending in the application. The application itself is very detailed and long, but since it is all online, it was easy to take a few minutes to finish it or go back and finish if you did not have time to do it all at once. The first interview was done over the phone, also very quick and straightforward. The second interview is done in person.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

There were a total of three interviews, one phone interview which lasted about 5-10 minutes, another at a target store with a store team leader, and finally with a district manager. The phone interview was very short and consisted of basic questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you made a mistake. They mainly ask behavioral based questions and use the star method (situation, task, analysis, result). Be sure to hit every one of these points and be clear and organized in your answers.

They are looking for people with leadership qualities and someone who can work/communicate well with others. Show them you are a team player.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that had a great impact.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Referred to a recruiter and was contacted within a week. Established an interview time with the recruiter. Interview process was explained as a couple of phone interviews before an on site interview phase. Interview performance was mediocre on my part - just didn't click with the interviewer. Highly scripted interview process which is indicative of a highly structured corporate environment - they are not seeking creative thinkers, but rather efficient doers for this entry level management position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain to someone that they weren't performing to standard.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

A recruiter for the company reached out to me. I've completed a phone interview and I have been scheduled two follow up interviews.
    Some of the key things to remember when answering these behavioral questions:
    Include stats about yourself: numbers, accomplishments.
    Make sure to emphasize the outcome of each situation.
    Always talk about yourself use "I", it's great to know you work well with a team, but this interview is all about how "you" handled this situations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when it was difficult to communicate with an associate or team member?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake? What was the outcome.   Answer Question