Target

Updated Jan 28, 2015
4,654 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

The Process is lengthy. I am currently on interview number 5 and it has taken almost a month. The interviewers do a great job of keeping the atmosphere very casual.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Took about 3 days after submitting an application to get called in for an interview. Had to do another questionnaire at the store on one of the computers then went in for the interview. I had two interviews, the first was with a lead sales floor member and the second was with a hiring manager, they ask basic interview questions and it isn't a long interview. They told me I would hear back within the next 7 days so hoping it went as well as I feel it did.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you worked in a team and explain the situation?
      Explain a time you went beyond what was expected of you?
      If a customer was lookjng for pair of shoes but there wasn't any in the right size what would you do?
      If an item came up as 19.99 but the customer says it was listed as 17.99 how would you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

They are three interviews you have to go through before getting the job. First one is Behavioral interview by HR, second interview by the team leader where they ask you work scenarios and last interview is the General Manager. When you go through the third interview that means that the team leader and HR like you and you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer looking for a shoe but is out of stock what would you do?   View Answer

Scheduling was bad.

Distribution Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

Applied Online through Target's website. Was contacted by HR. Had 2 phone interviews with HR before having another phone interview with Upper Management at the local Fulfillment Center. All 3 interviews happened within 5 days. After the 3rd interview I received an email3 days later saying they were going with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker on a difficult task.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

I heard about a target hiring from my friend who wanted to attend a job fair with me. We both went and got interviews on the spot. I spoke with 4 people. The first 2 were normal employees who really liked me. The 3rd was the executive leader of the cashier department and the third was the manager of target. They all said they liked me and my answers and will review there top candidates and get back to me which they haven't done. All in all it was a positive experience.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

Met a Target college recruiter at an internship mixer held at the University. Received a phone call later that week to set up an interview with a store team leader. Approximately 3 days after the interview I got another phone call to set up a phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions with a few behavioral questions . Why do you want to work at Target? Tell me a time you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I received a response fairly quick after I submitted my resume. I spent 28 years in the Air Force in leadership positions as a CMSgt (E-9), leading over 1,400 airmen, both in peacetime and wartime and I was told after the first interview that I didn't have enough leadership experience. I guess their idea of experience is subjective.

Interview Questions
    • There were none, typical canned interview questions; "what was the most stressful situation you were in", how would you handle a situation if....", "tell us about yourself", etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It was a very short and easy hiring process - 2 weeks. I went through two rounds of interviews with mid level associates to the exec of the team i was applying to. They asked me very short and simple questions and then I had a brief and easy writing test.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

two people was asking me questions. One of them was asking and another one was taking notes. They first asked me where I want to locate and those basic questions. after that, they start to ask questions which related with the position. There is no behavioral or like basic questions. Kind of medium-level difficulties. overall, it s alright

Interview Questions
    • tell me one time you provide excellent customer services.   Answer Question

Cart Attendant/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grafton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grafton, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2014.

Had two interviews backed to back and hired on the spot. You start with additional computer Q&A. Then you meet with a team member for series of questions followed by another team member asking very similar questions. Then, H.R. Talks to you briefly about position and ask if you have questions. And that's it.

Interview Questions
    • If your supposed to go on break, but the person in the next department has decided to go first and tell anyone. Do you go on break anyways and leave multiple departments unattended, skip break and inform Co-worker about the break schedule or notify you team leader?   View Answer
    The pay wasn't negotiable, but schedule was. You can try, but they were firm on $7.50 pay for me.