Target Interview Questions

5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 24 hours received a call from the store scheduling an interview. I had one short interview that mainly focused on workplace attitude questions, then I had to finish an applicant questionnaire which asked situational questions. Following that there was a short video explaining the position I was applying for and another short interview that included more situational questions and asked about the video I viewed. Finally, there was one more interview with the person who manages the department I would work under. She then offered me the job then and there. It seemed like a lot but honestly, just giving decent answers will be plenty good enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your attitude positively influenced a situation and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had a disagreement with a coworker. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what the Target REDcard is? Please sell it to me.   Answer Question

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Venice, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

1:1 with the ETL where they basically rehash what you already spoke about during the phone interview. Lasts about 15 minutes, then youre sent for a drug test. They really emphasise teamwork and communication during the interview and probe you about how much of a team player you are, and how well you communicate with others

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use teamwork to accomplish a goal   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

I talked to a target rep at a career fair. They asked me to sign up for an interview after talking to the rep for about 30 mins. The interview was the next day. I had 3 interviewers and they asked me behavioral questions.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick 15 minute interview. There was a questionnaire before interviewed. She asked a few questions, then hired me on the spot. It took 5 minutes to fill all the paperwork, and had a drug test on-site at the location.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Iowa City, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were behavioral. Clearly they evaluated on the STAR scale. They repeat questions in each interview so be sure to know how you answered the questions before. They write down your answers. Mingle with the interns that are in the waiting room with you. Pretty sure they ask them if you were personable. Have to really show that you're Target's #1 fan.

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 3 back to back 1/2 hour interviews in person. Each person asked 5 questions that were behavior based questions. You should expect one to revolve around telling them about a time when you made a mistake as they will look for how you handled it and took accountability for it. You should also expect one to be about a time when you had a disagreement with a boss or peer, again, they are looking for how you handled it. In addition, they will likely say "tell me about your greatest accomplishment" or something to that effect. You should still answer in S.B.O. (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) format with most of your speaking focusing on the behavior and then the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions- beginning with "tell me about a time when...."   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Answered and on-line ad for an Electronics/Hard Lines Sales Associate position. Interviewed with one manager for 5 minutes, then a second manager for 5 minutes, then sent to HR to sign acceptance papers and immediately took the drug test in-store and was notified that I had passed and was scheduled for orientation to be held 3 days later. At orientation, I was notified that I had been moved to the food/consumable areas, rather than the electronics/hard lines area that I had applied for.

ETL Target Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

4 Interviews - on-campus, 2 in-stores, and 1 phone interview. Be prepare for the question: what is your expected salary? I believe that is a factor deciding how much you are going to get in the offer. Most of the questions are behavioral questions. For example, what you will do if your colleague are not working towards the same goal as you?

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with working on weekends?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Prescott, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process required a few trips and was a bit of a hassle for those of us applying. I applied online and was called the same day (a few hours later) where I did a phone interview. They then told me they'd call back if they wanted me to come in for a person-to-person interview. I thought I didn't get the job and left it at that. A few days later they called to have me come in and I was interviewed by an ETL (basically manager) after I finished a short online questionnaire. They had me come in for a second person-to-person interview before they scheduled me for a two hour orientation. It felt like it was quite a run-around and I believe they were testing to see if I would "bend-over backwards" for them. I didn't appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if.......(questions about responses to difficult situations)   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granada Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Granada Hills, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was pretty fast and they asked basic questions. I was lucky because they decided to do both interviews on the same day. The managers were pretty nice and they didn't rush through even though there were a lot of people waiting to be interviewed. I was hired on the spot and told to take a drug test at a third party location. It was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask your family and friends to say three things about you, what would they say?   1 Answer