Target

Updated Nov 19, 2014
4,421 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

1 round, on campus interview. My school is Target's bias, so we dont have to go through many interviews. Apply online, then interview, then got the job. Interview is not hard, just make sure to know about the Target culture, then highlight why you are a great fit

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just talk normally with the team member there. They are Sr. mgr   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process for the interview is a little bit different than other retail employers. I had to interview with a total of 3 different people. My initial interview was at 10:00am, then I had another interview at 10:15, and the last one around 10:45am. All of the interviewers asked the same question just in a different way. It was very interesting but I believe the interviewers wanted to see if the potential employee was going to change their answers during the interviews. There was also a personality assessment that you can take at the store or online before you come. After my three interviews I was offered the job and started my training for the position the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process is the most difficult but not hard because of the similarity of questions.   Answer Question
    I asked was the pay negotiable but it was not due to the position being seasonal.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Got information and networked at the Career fair with the recruiters. Then had to apply online - have to fill out different things and take a test. Then had a phone interview after applying on the website - gained lots of good information. Then had a personal interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you failed at something.   View Answer

Soflines Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I was called for an interview about three weeks after I submitted my application.When I went to the interview I had to take a personality tests along with other candidates and we had to watch a target info video over and over again.. and then I was called to be interviewed with the first manager and basically it was where I had to tell them about my experience handling people.I used my high school experience since this was my first job but the manager gave you plenty of time to think of your answer and he was really nice and friendly.Then I had to go back to the room with the other candidates until I was called for my second interview which was about 5 minutes later.This time I was interviewed by two executive team members ad they asked me a few basic questions about my personality etc..I was sent back to the room and another etl called me to their room to tell me that I was hired and I would have to take a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn about Target from watching the Video?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2010.

The interview was fairly long about an hour. Maybe it was due to this being my first job. I submitted an online personality test was was called for an interview about 24 hours later. I interviewed with 2 Executive Team Leads- Hardlines Executive Team Lead and HR Executive Team and the Hardlines Team Lead. I applied for anything they had available and was offered Hardlines Salesfloor Team Member. Orientation was painless just a few online questionnaires and videos- very long videos on training.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weakness and tell me about a situation where you overcame it?   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation. I was told it was minimum wage take it or leave it. Minimum wage was $7.25 in Texas at that time.

Store Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in February 2010.

the process was very easy and there was general questions i got the job within the next few weeks the hiring manager was very kind and informative of the position that i was applying for

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I found the Target interview process to be extremely professional and enjoyable. It was also quite long and I want to provide as many details as possible to help future applicants. Here are the steps that I took to become a Target ETL:

1. I met recruiters at my local college career fair. They followed up with me about two weeks after our meeting. Their emails included a series of detailed instructions about the interview process which I found to be extremely beneficial. Memorize and obey their structure and you'll be golden! Most of their questions are behavior based, which includes describing the situation, explaining how you handled it, and discussing the final outcome.

2. Before my first interview, I completed a series of online tests. Be forewarned-- they took me about two hours to complete! There were a couple personality tests, a logic test, and simulations of workplace related problems. Everything was mostly straightforward, but the logic test was HARD! Try to practice in advance if you aren't skilled at that type of thinking.

3. I had my first interview with the Store Team Leader at a local Target. He asked for an overview of who I am, why I want to work for Target, and several behavior based questions. He also prompted me to ask a LOT of questions, so try to prepare a lot in advance. This will help you seem interested. This initial interview took about an hour.

4. He then immediately moved me on to the HR Director of the store. She asked me a similar series of behavior based questions. Don't be afraid to be repetitive! This interview took about thirty minutes.

5. I then shadowed a current ETL for about 30 minutes. She asked me what I thought of Target and which roles that I thought I would enjoy. She also asked me a lot of questions about my strengths and weaknesses.

6. After these three consecutive interviews, Target got back to me in less then a week. I was then scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with the District Team Leader. He asked me several of the same behavior based questions that I'd been asked before.

7. A few days later, I was scheduled for another interview with the HR Market Leader. This interview only lasted ten minutes and was comprised of all of the same questions I'd already been asked. I was nervous that the phone call was so fast, but it was probably because they'd already made their decision.

8. Two days later, I received a formal job offer by phone! I had to complete a drug test (urine) within 24 hours of receiving my offer.

My advice? Look up a list of behavior based questions and answer them out loud. Think: situation, how you handled it and the outcome. If you bring a positive attitude and ask a lot of questions, you'll do great!

Interview Questions
    • "What is your greatest strength and weakness?"
      "When's a time you had a serious disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle it?"
      "What's an example of a time you made a mistake with big consequences and how did you fix it?"
      "Name a time when you had to motivate and inspire a team."
      "Describe a time when you overcame a lot of obstacles."
      "Retail has a lot of long hours at varying times. How do you think you'll be able to cope with that schedule?"
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, starting offer was great.

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2011.

I was hired on as an hourly team member, but had just graduated. My Store Team Leader saw a lot of potential in me and submitted me for consideration as an off campus hire. I went through 3 interviews and was given an offer all within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to give difficult or unpopular feedback to a peer or leader.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Well my interview was a little different than some. I used to work for this company 3 years ago for seasonal. But the interview process has changed since then. Anyway I applied to a different store but I got a call from the one near me. They scheduled me a phone interview, which I've never done for this company.

The interview lasted 15 minutes, the questions were all situational.

Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem?
    Why target?
    Tell me about a time you had to get something done at a short amount of time? What was the outcome?
    What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are?

After that he tallied up my score and said he'd like to give me a second interview the next day.
    I kept reading on here people going through 3 interviews. When I went in the next day I had to watch a video about the company so pay attention they ask you one or two questions about it. I only had the one interview and it was all the same questions from the phone interview. I got hired on the spot. It's a very easy interview just smile a lot and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • A women is looking for a particular shoe size but we don't have them, what do you do?   View Answer
    • You are ringing up a guest and it rings up 19.99 but they say its 17.99. What do you do?   View Answer

Seasonal SalesFloor Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied online and five days later a received a phone call about a phone interview. The Manager asked a few questions: if I was available during certain days? Have I worked in retail before? What was your previous work experience? What time can the phone interviewer call?.The phone interview was okay I could barely her what she was saying but for the most part she ask the scenario questions:
    •What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome? •Give me an example of a time that you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work?•Describe how you would handle a situation if you were required to finish multiple tasks by the end of the day, and there was no conceivable way that you could finish them? Just to name a few.