Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
4,242 Interview Reviews

2.8

ETL - Hardlines Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Go hired through internship. The interview process was evaluating my performance during my internship. I also worked on a project and presented on my research at the end of my internship to the top executives.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I applied online around the beginning of October. I was contacted vis phone roughly a week later by a member of HR. I was told I would be called the next day for a phone interview with a TL. They called the next day, and I was then told I would recieve another call telling me when to come in for a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. I recieved that call a day later. Once in store, I waited for just under an hour. The interview was easy, and the manager asked all pf the questions that I had seen on here. I was offered the position and accepted. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something interesting about yourself.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate the pay rate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview went smooth. they are friendly but the bad thing is sometimes they don't call you back. but overall they just want to get to know you. Go in with a clear mind

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Campus Career Fair Recruiting. Was contacted about 2 weeks later. Initial phone interview consisted of "get to know you" questions. Next up is another phone interview with store managers consisting of behavioral questions.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

I met the recruiter at the career fair and loved Target instantly! She seemed super friendly and interested in what I had to say. I had an interview set up and the STL who interviewed me was awful. She was not interested in what I had to say, did not ask me any questions, and not to mention slouched in her chair or bothered to stand up to shake my hand after the interview. I could not care less if I don't get asked back for a second round... This was the most awkward and unprofessional interview.

Seasonal Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Apply online. Called two days later. Showed up for interview. Got a tour of DC with other applicants. Taken individually and interviewed by different GL's in same room. On to a simple math/graph exam. Taken in to room and offered positions. Taken into room and given drug test/scheduled fitness test.

Questions:
    Tell me a little about yourself?
    Why Target?
    Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work.
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss or co-worker.
    Tell me about a time when you had to talk to an underperforming co-worker.
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new company policy.
    How do you demonstrate/emphasize importance of safety in the workplace? An example?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new company policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Target has a set payscale and everyone gets paid close to the same, mainly based on time served.

ETL Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Contacted by recruiter via linkedin had informal phone interview. Was contacted a day later to schedule interview with stl. Showed up and had 3 interviews the same day 2 seperate ones with stls and one with district manager on friday. Was contacted a few days later to schedule a last interview. Next day I was notified that I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave up one commitment to satisfy another.   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Applied through school career fair. Got an on campus interview. Then a phone interview. The interviewer were all very nice and the interview was pretty easy. They didn't ask too many hard questions, and mostly the questions asked were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you disagreed with a supervisor or boss and how you handled it.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

There can be up to two to three interviews for one position, so be prepared. They can turn you down at any point of the interview process. It's based on situational based outcome questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a boss.   Answer Question

Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site factory tour an executive behavioral interview. Questions were fairly predictable and straightforward. Friendly people. The recruiters responded to all inquires quickly. Factory tour was interesting, some parts of factory were blocked off to tours because of proprietary processes. Very nice pay, just in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were forced into taking a leadership position   Answer Question

In a very small town