Target

Updated Dec 15, 2014
4,501 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied on the 25 of November. I didn't hear anything back so I called on the 3rd of december asking about it and she took my name and said someone would call that week. The monday after I got a call and the Hiring manager asked if we could do a phone interview. I did the phone interview and she asked me stuff like strengths and weakness's, why I want to work for Target, a time I worked as a team pretty basic questions. Also asked about Availability. She also mentioned to me about another position and if i would be interested. I said it might be something i would be interested but would prefer the one I applied for. (which is probably where I went wrong and why I didnt get an offer) I got an email a few days later saying they couldn't offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above what was asked of you. (this isn't the exact question but it was basically what it asked) I had prepared with others reviews on glassdoor which helped alot.   Answer Question

Entry Level Team Lead Interview

The interview process was pretty simple although I never heard back from them afterwards. I thought that was a bit strange I feel as though companies should at least give prospective employees the courtesy of informing them if they have decided to go with someone else.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Apply online and called two days after to set up an interview date. The interview was with two different leaders who asked similar questions. It was straightforward and I didn't feel uncomfortable.

Didn't attempt to negotiate

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

I Submitted an inquiry on an open position and in about a week I received a call and had an interview conducted over the phone. Upon completion I was asked if I was available to come in for a second interview which was scheduled days later. After meeting with one team member I was also waiting to have a third interview with another team member. Overall I would rate the process as informal and insightful .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were met with opposition but still performed beyond expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you had to juggle multiple tasks at once?   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

The Interview process takes a few weeks. You go through three interview level and have a lot of different questions. There is a lot of different math questions and what if questions. It is one of the most detail interviews I've ever had. You do a phone interview and then you go to one lower level team leader and then to another level Leader and then to a third level leader. Some of the questions are hard like asking you if the price is wrong what would you do in that situation. It is very important call the customers guest. do not call them customers. Seasonal employees have a background that is required. That takes up to three weeks to come back. Do not get discouraged by that just wait it out. You need excellent customer service skills and must be able to approach customers without being afraid of the public. They want you to be exceptional customer service and give them an amazing experience. You do not just say how can I help you guide them.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

They take HR very seriously at Target. All day, 8 interviews. About half HR, half potential business colleagues. They have decided to get very up-to-date with their business strategy and the new CEO has people very energized. Even if they ding me I should probably buy the stock.

Interview Questions
    • They threw out the book on behavioral questions. We even joked about it. They just spent time getting to know me and my experience. Very good energy at the HQ. People seemed busy and happy. Remarkably pleasant people and a positive experience.   Answer Question

Store Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target in March 2012.

Most of the interviews are done from an internal promotion. Once they see potential in you at theexecutive team lead position, they will prep you for promotional interviews. Much harder to come in as an STL from an outside source and unsure of how that interview process looks as it will be much different than an internal promotion interview

No negotiations

Pharmacist Interview

STAR process, was an internal candidate and had three interviews. Overall process took almost four months. Just make sure you have the situations made up before hand-whats your biggest mistake, stress on leadership, etc.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied for the job online and was called the following day to set up an interview. At the store I answered a few "scenario" questions online similar to those on the original application. I then watched a short video which outlined the basics of the job. The interviiewer was very friendly and easy to talk with. I woman and asked the sasked the same questions that others have posted here on Glassdoor. I then met with the store manager. Again, very personable woman asked me the "shoe" question. I was than asked to wait for the human resources manager. Unfortunately I was unable to begin work on the date that they offered and so could not accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult and none were unexpected thanks to posting of questions here on Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Could not start on date offered

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

They called me a week after I applied online on their website, asked some question, overall they were very friendly and explained the hours they needed me to be working for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target?
      Could you work on this specific hours?

Answer Question

My schedule could not fit at the moment, but they were really nice during the call-interview