Target Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First I filled out the online questionnaire. Then I received a phone call with a few ballpark questions, then came in for a sit-down with a manager. I was offered to interview for a manager position actually, but was just looking for a temp job between school. The entire process was fairly straightforward and down to earth. They needed people to handle the extra Christmas rush, I could handle that for them.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Four interviews. The questions can be very difficult. They revolve very much around leadership so if you haven't had much experience with that it can be hard to answer. you interview usually with two store manager and then the district manager and then the group VP. Job offer was done over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult peer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrop, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Lathrop, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a two person interview, one at a time. Those who interviewed me were friendly and allowed me plenty of time to answer the questions they asked me. They could tell that I was nervous but did not hold it against me. Their positive attitude helped me feel confident in responding to the questions and in return ask them questions about the company and the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a quarrel with a coworker?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

two interviews, pretty easy. they just had you interview with two different people at two different times. the questions were easy enough and they didn't make it more nerve wracking than it needed to be. i did get lectured about getting red cards though which was annoying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

First they set you up with a phone interview with an HR representative. They ask you a few basic questions to gauge your work skills and interest in the company. After, if the phone interview goes well, they set up an in store interview with an ETL or the STL. As long as this interview goes well, they offer you the position there, and you usually start within a week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

1 interview First interview had basic questions. Took 20 minutes and fairly easy. Waited in the break room for about an hour for the actual interview to start. Seemed like you have to have experience to get experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Name a time you handled something difficult.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Fontana, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

All interview questions can be found online. They are behavioral questions, so they want to see how you react and what your scope is. The first step is a phone screening. If you do well on this, then you will have an interview with the recruiter. From there you will interview with either an ETL or STL from a store. If you get their approval, you will interview with the DTL. The next step is a "meet and greet," which is basically your job offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had trouble making a decision   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Waited over 30 minutes, in the HR office until the Team member finished her lunch. An intern young lady looked to be just out of high school sat in on the interview. She just asked a few questions about 4. She stated she had worked for target for over 10 years, but was at this store about 1. I knew I landed the job when she asked about my availability, and possible start date...I received a phone call a few days later for a job offer.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Nashville, TN).

Interview

First I had to take and online assessment after I submitted my application. I went through two interviews before being offered a position. The first was with the college regional recruiter (over the phone) and the second was with the District Team Lead (in person). They asked me situational based questions that were focused around team leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a disagreement between two people at work or school.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

they call you into a cubicle one by one , sign a few documents and wait for a second interview where the hiriing manager then asks you another series of questions similar to the 1st interviewer

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used your attitude to turn a situation around   Answer Question