Target Interview Questions

4,885 Interview Reviews

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Behavioral questions. To me about a time.... When you made a mistake... When you didn't have strong backing for your idea... When you had massive information you needed to work with... When you had to deliver constructive feedback... When you had a difficult person to work with... Be prepared to provide Situation, behavior, outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

I applied online, got a call back about two days later. They scheduled a phone interview for the following week. After the phone interview, I got another call to schedule a face-to-face interview. First, you have to do a survey, then watch a video. Then you get to the interview(s). There were two women who conducted interviews with me. The first was basic formal questions, the other was scheduling. Very easy, I would say the phone interview was the hardest part.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • If we had to ask previous employers/teachers, what would they say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to lead a team, and how did your teacher/employer react?   Answer Question
    • Did you learn anything from the video?   Answer Question
    They confirmed what position I was applying for, and told me the starting pay.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

I applied online and then called the store the next day to follow up. They scheduled an interview for two days later. I arrived and they had me complete a two part questionnaire and then I wast taken into the back room where a Team Leader interview me. The process was fairly easy as I had previous retail experience and management experience. She then had me watch a video on being a sales floor team member while she looked for someone to give me my second interview. After the video I had my second interview with the head of HR and it was also fairly easy. At the end she explained that she felt my skills could be better used for a position up front and told me to wait while she talked to guest services. I waited and she called me back into her office. She said that there were not any openings at guest services, but she offered me a position in electronics and a wage increase. She also explained that in two weeks everyone's wage in the store would increase on a predetermined scale and everyone would make at least 9 an hour. I would make more when the store switched over due to my previous experience. She was very nice and excited to have me at target. Overall it was an easy process and I can't wait to start. When preparing for the interview just remember to go over standard interview questions and market yourself well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which a customer interrupted you during a task?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

Just as most have stated; a three part interview process. First was a phone interview with a store leader (not from pharmacy), second was a face to face with the store manager and third was a face to face with the pharmacist. It was the classic STAR method, so make sure you have some solid examples of leadership, group work, etc that you have thought up before hand. I had a very nice interviewing experience and everyone seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a mistake and how you handled it.   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Target recruiters came to my university and I signed up for an interview. Interview day came and I had 2 interviews in one day. My third interview was about two weeks later with the District Team Leader in Springfield, VA.
    The questions are behavioral. You are to describe the situation. State the problem. How you solved it and the conclusion. Think greater scope. BE PREPARED !
    I did not get an offer but I will not stop! In the process of reapplying.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Tell me about a time you have great guest experience.
      Q: ...made a mistake with significant impact.
      Q: ... had a difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship.
      Q: ...leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something.
      Q: ...had to deliver constructive feedback.
      Q: ...had to take initiative to solve a problem.
      Q: ...had to consult others on a decision that would affect them.
      Q: ...had to change your day-to-day activities due to a long-term goal.
      Q: ...remained optimistic in the face of difficulties.
      Q: ...gave up a commitment to satisfy another.
      Q: ...received feedback that you weren't expected and how you handled it.

Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2014.

Basic Behavioral Questions for most interviewers, except the highest level person, who did not follow the script at all. In-person final round was 4 interviews, each 45 minutes. Got a call back very quickly (2 business days).

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you from the other candidates I have interviewed?   Answer Question
    Flexible on bonus, but not base.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in May 2011.

The interview process was a two stage interview that took place during the same day. I was first given a personality and resume interview and answered typical questions about myself and my working attitude. The second interview was more job specific and included hammering out the details of my seasonal employment despite the fact that they weren't technically hiring seasonal employees for the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

Two quick interviews with people I wouldn't even be working under (one wasn't even a manager.) Basic questions. They'll take just about anything as a solid answer no matter the question. Easy interview process that all in all clearly doesn't matter as to whether you get the job or not. Basically if you can form sentences and read and write then you'll get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Basic. Why do you want to work here? How can you help the company?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

A day long process of 6-8 leaders, peers and HR reps plus a third party role play assessment. It was thorough for them, I suppose, but exhausting. After you're hired, they give you the results/feedback, which was really inaccurate when compared to both previous employer reviews and other assessments I've taken such as Strengths Finder. They should re-think their process.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing against a pre-written business case scenario. It's odd and stilted.   Answer Question

Senior Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Initial phone screen followed by 3 interviews; 2 interviewers per interview. Called back for a "bless-off" interview a week later. Final offer came about a week after that.