Target

2.8

Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied online and after about 4 days they called me and scheduled an interview for the following day. I went in and did a questionnaire on the computer first and was sent back to the office where I waited to be interviewed. A younger guy brought me into a room and began the interview. He asked me, literally, 5 questions and then told me what the position was for. Then he asked if I'd be willing to apply for other positions too if that one were not open. I said no and he had to get up and check to see if the position I applied for...and they invited me to interview for...was even open. It in fact was open and he verified my availability & other details. He then said he would pass the info on to HR & I should expect a call or an email in 2-3 days. They never got back to me and ignored my phone calls (surprise surprise, HR did not pick up the phone when my calls were transferred to them). I guess they decided I was not fit for the job, which I'm really not understanding considering the interview was so short they could have just asked me the same questions over the phone and saved me the trouble of driving there. It was a disappointing experience and I think it's unprofessional for them to tell applicants to expect a call and in return they never even answer YOUR calls.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked as a team?
      Tell me a time you provided outstanding service to a customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a deadline?
      Why did you choose to apply to Target?

Answer Question

Food Ave Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied online and a couple of days later I got a call asking to set up a phone interview a couple of days later. The questions were very easy all he asked were why I wanted to work there, what was my availability like and some behavioral questions. After that he scheduled a in person interview a couple of days later. I came in about 20 min later and had to take a little survey on the computer and then went in the office with the lady. She was very nice and basically just went over my availability, why I wanted to work there and some behavioral questions. I got the job offer immediately after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • If a customer wanted a pair of shoes and we didnt have the size, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you're ringing up a customer and something came up a different price then what they were expecting, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    None I got offered more then what I expected

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I interviewed with 3 people all on the same day & was offered the job that same day. It took a while to get scheduled for orientation so i didn't start for about 2 weeks but it was overall a pretty easy interview.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

I met with a recruiter on campus. Later I was sent an email to apply online and later schedule a 5-15 minute interview. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. The experience in my opinion was depersonalized. Speaking to someone on the phone for 10 minutes don't tell you anything another them.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied through university recruitment. I met the recruiter at the career fair and submitted my resume online through the university career services site. They reached out to me about a week later for an interview on campus. It was 30 minutes all behavioral. Before the interview, I had to complete an online reasoning and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced conflict working in a group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in February 2015.

Applied online than had a phone interview. After my phone interview I was then invited to come in to interview. Once I was done with that interview they then offered me the job with Target. The process was quite tedious but was worth my while.

Workflow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied online then the next day I got a call from human resources asking me when is a good time for a phone interview, I chose the closes date, than the manager that interviewed me set up a date for an in store interview, after that you get an email for orientation

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were average about past jobs and skills, but an odd question caught me off guard, it was say your working at the register and A customer with 2 screaming kids tells you one of the items is ringing up wrong, she was sure that the item was on sale, so you're left with no other employee to help you, how would you settle this? My thoughts was i never been a cashier this question is gonna kill me   Answer Question
    • After I got my email stating my schedule for my orientation, I called HR letting them know I received the date, she told me that my orientation will be a later date and that they will call me, is that a bad thing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in April 2014.

Phone interview first - basic preliminary questions, then an in person interview with more in depth STAR questions. They are very adamant in knowing if you would want to commit to their specified locations. They're looking to fill a certain number of stores in various areas and want people who will commit to moving. Their turnover rate as executive team leaders is extremely high as it is a job with weird hours and a lot of work. I've heard it's great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, times I've failed, times I've worked in a team, what my big interests were, a lot of big questions on 'how did you handle...' - they really want to hear about your experiences and how it pertains to your success in this position   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

Simple questions, they were kind of rude however and treat you like you're an idiot. Got the job on the spot after talking to two people. Honestly the ETL's talk to everyone like their children.

Interview Questions
    • If a woman came in asking for a size of shoes for her son and you don't have them, what do you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just need the money at the moment.