Target Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

Applied online in 2010, they got back to me a considerable amount of time later. Was interview by Cafe Team Lead and HR. They asked me about my experience and what I was capable of. Offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I was too young to realize I could negotiate anything.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Applied online then got a call back 7 days later, I arrived then had an interview with a team lead then a second interview with the manager, it was a friendly interview it was great.Asked what is a positive trait, negative, experience, how to deal with customers .

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I applied online for multiple positions at multiple locations. I was contacted via phone about two weeks after I applied and was asked to come in for an interview. Upon my arrival, I had to complete an online assessment - do you agree or disagree with this or that - and then went into my interview. I was interviewed 1-on-1 by two different people, back to back. The questions were basic, they just want to know how you'll react to different situations with customers. I was offered a position with the company that day and went to HR to receive papers and was instruction to complete a drug test in 24 hours and then was contacted for orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the team/leadership style questions since a cashier position is pretty isolated.   View Answer
    They tell you what your starting pay is, no negotiation really presented.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Applied online. A recruiter called within a week and had an initial conversation. Phone interview with recruiter went well as my skill set and experience fit the role. I was then scheduled to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was late to the call (not a big deal as it happens often) and put me on the speakerphone during our conversation. She proceeded to ask me to walk her through my resume and once I began to explain my experience, all I could hear was paper shuffling and things moving. It was very apparent that the hiring manager was focused on other tasks and multitasking while she was on the phone with me. This was a huge red flag. I wasn't able to focus and the call just went downhill from there. Afterwards, I called the recruiter and requested to be pulled out of the interview process as I didn't see it as a good fit. It was a very disappointing experience as I truly admire the brand and what it has done marketing wise.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but not having the full attention of the hiring manager did not allow me to go through my answers as I would typically would. Having that much noise coming through on a phone interview, just ruins your concentration.   Answer Question

ETL Target Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process took about a month. There were about 4 interviews total with a week in between each one. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful throughout the process. First you are screened by process of a phone interview with Targets HR Recruiter, then you interview with store managers in various other locations. Don't be alarmed at first, the stores they send you to are not necessarily the stores you will be working in. They only send you to interview at different stores so they get a multiple opinions on your interviews. All of the interview questions were very similar from interview to interview. Just make sure to have a lot of situations prepared to talk about that can be applied to different questions, and you'll be able to answer all of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your long term goals affected your everyday actions.   Answer Question

Team Leader - Hardlines Interview

The interview process happened pretty quick, within a week. I had three total interviews with people I already knew since I was an internal candidate. I interviewed with the executive for hardlines (ETL Hardlines), HR executive (HR ETL), and the district team lead (DTL). All questions were situation questions based on my experience. They told me to answer each question like it was a story with the situation, my behavior, and the final outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you mentored another person?   View Answer
    I was told what my pay would be. In hindsight, I wish I had negotiated.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Called to follow up, HR pulled my app. Got a call a month later from HR to schedule a phone interview then was told to come in for an in person interview. I wasn't interviewed for the position I initially applied for.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Name a time you worked with a group to accomplish a project.   Answer Question

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Applied online, got call back next day. Went in for interview had to take a simply assessment test. Afterwards two interviews back-to-back was told I was hired on the spot by HR lady. You sign some papers and they send you to take a drug test which has to be done within 24 hours. After that you wait for drug and background check to clear. Was called for orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only reason the questions were difficult was because they are all situation-based questions. So you have to think of circumstances that relate to the questions quickly.   Answer Question
    Set pay, take or leave I assume

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call the same day to come in for an interview the following week. I was supposed to have an interview with the ETL first, but she was busy. I interviewed with the Store Team Leader. He was very friendly, asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work there, and then a few Situation based questions. After the interview he said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and what came of that? Tell me a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure and what you did?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!