Target

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

It was very standardized. They called me and asked me why I wanted to work for Target, and then gave me a date for an interview. I went wore a red shirt and nice dress pants and I had an interview with a team leader. It was very straightforward asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions. Just be really friendly and make sure your examples have a beginning middle and end (that's part of what they rate it upon), and by that I mean give some background, and then tell what you did, and then the conclusion of that.

So, at the end of that interview he said that he really liked me and would refer me for a second interview, before that I had to go to a hiring kiosk and take a 20 question survey about what I thought was the worst and best possible ways to handle situations. Always pick the ones were it says you would go to your supervisor and the worst ones would be anything with confronting someone.

After that a manager comes and takes you for your second interview, basically asks the same questions, I would suggest trying to give different examples, though I didn't. They also asked two important questions, first, what would you do if we didn't have a shoe a guest was looking for. The answer is to say that you would apologize and check to see if we had any in the back, or at another store for them. Really focus on trying to make the customer happy. The second question was if an item rang up as 19.99 and the guest said it was 17.99, what would you do. This is very important!! You would apologize and then trust the guest and give it to them for 17.99! This is the absolute correct answer. Target believes its better to lose that 2 dollar difference rather than the whole sale.

Executive Store Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Both interviews were over the phone.
    The first interview was logistical. Asked why I was interested in retail and my experience from my resume. Then the interviewer asks "tell me about a time.." questions (about 5). After, I was told I had another interview
    The second interview was mainly "tell me about a time..." questions.

I did not get offered any more interviews after that one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and a professional other disagreed.   Answer Question

Clerk Not Applicable Interview

Dont really know. Just adding a few more characters to .....the next level in the company, work hard, be on time and put your best foot forward.reach the minimum required.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I believe target has a 3-5 round interview session. They also have an online evaluation test. The test is quite difficult and long. My advice would be to come very prepared. Make sure you study the star method and know an answer for most of the common behavioral interview questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I went to a career fair and was asked to set up an interview. Interviewed with Target 2 weeks later, heard a response back 3-5 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with your most difficult customer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I had my target interview at 9:00am , I got there at 8:45am . Once I got there I went to guest services and told them that I had an interview, he then took me to a computer to fill out a questionnaire (like the one on the application where you're put in a certain situation and have to chose the best /worst answer)that took about 10-15minutes , I then went to guest services again to let them know I was done with the questionnaire, he then told me to go wait at the Starbucks that's inside target . I sat there for about 5 minutes, then a lady came to get me (she was really nice amd made me feel more relaxed ) . We then went into an office and she started interviewing me ,like I said before she made me feel like I could relax and just have a conversation with her . We went over my application , she then started going over my work experience. After that she went over the seasonal cashier position and hours I was willing to work , if I could have a flexible schedule or not and that it pays $10/hr. The first question she asked was "if I were to ask a previous supervisor/teacher what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are ?". Then she asked "why do you want to work at target" . These next questions are out of order but this is what they asked , "tell me about a time when you worked in a group to accomplish a task, and how did it turn out " , " tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve that mistake " , " tell my about a time when you had a lot of different tasks you had to accomplish by a certain time and how did you choose which one you were gonna do first " . That was the first interview , then another lady came in and asked the same questions about work experience , experience that can be useful to the Job you're applying for and why you want to work at target and strengths/weaknesses . She then started asking the scenario questions ,"what would you do if you scanned an item and it was 19.99 but the customer said the price tag 17.99" , " A costumer is looking for shoes for her 3 year old son but can't find the specific size . What would you do ? " and the last question was " tell me about a time when you over exceeded someone's expectations , what did you do ? And what was the out come ?". She then had me sign some papers stating that I can leave target at any time before the 90days or target can let you go before the 90 days,and papers about getting a background check . She then told me that I got the job.Now I'm just waiting to get scheduled for orientation. Good luck to those of you that are going in for interviews . Some tips are , don't think about your answers for too long , SMILE , be friendly , and be confident.
    BTW I applied online,I then got a call about a week later on 11/11/14 ,missed that call called back on 11/12/14 scheduled an interview for Thursday 11/13/14 and got hired that same day .

Schedule

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and they called me the next week and did a screening (kinda unexpected, i was caught off guard) The lady asked why i wanted to work at target and what my availability was like. Then she set me up with a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was about 10-15 min long, your typical strength & weakness, situational questions. Then he set me up with an in store interview for the next day. I went and had to answer more questions at their computer kiosks. Then was directed to the back room to watch a video and had the interview after that. He just asked questions similar to the phone interview and offered me the job on the spot. I have orientation next week. & i have 2 years exp cashiering in a restaurant if that helps.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and received a phone call that very same day to schedule an interview. Before the interview, I was told to finish part 2 of the application process at a target kiosk (computer) which consisted of 20 situational questions. As I finished, I was then told to wait in break room. I was interviewed by three interviewees: team member, team leader, and executive team leader. All three interviewees were really down to earth. I was told that I would be a good candidate for the position and that I would be working hardlines which is stocking shelves, answering guest questions and helping out cashier if need be. During my job offering, I was told that I would be making $9.50/hr and no drug test would be required.

In conclusion, I had a very good experience, although I was really nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • If a customer can't find a shoe size of a particular brand, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Fairly easy interview questions to answer. I would advise all those who have an interview scheduled to read other glassdoor resposnes and that should help you prepare! I know it helped me (:   Answer Question
    $9.50/hr

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I received an interview call within 2 days of my application. I was asked to take questionare at the kiosk as soon as I went there. After that I was interviewed back to back by the Team lead and the Sr Executive Sales Manager. Thanks to Glassdoor and to reviewers as the interview was made easier by your reviews. I was asked mostly situational questions as below:
    1. Why Target?
    2.Tell us about yourself and your previous work experience
    3.Tell us when u had to do multitasking in your job and how did u get thro it?
    4.Tell us when u worked as a team and how?
    5.What would ur supervisors say about you?
    6.Tell us a when u made a mistake in your work and how did u correct it?
    7.Tell us when you exceeded expectations of your supervisors?
    8.The price of a shoe pair question which has already appeared in many of earlier reviews.
    Then she showed me a small video about Target and asked me what I think about the Target culture based on that video.
    Immediately after that I was taken to hiring manager who offered me the job and asked me to go for drug test within 24 hours.
    Overall interview is easy if you go prepared .I would advise to go thro' all Glassdoor Target Interview Reviews so you won't miss any questions.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a mistake at your previous workplace and how did u correct it?   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate .

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I filled out online application and about three weeks later I was scheduled for an interview I came to the interview and the atmosphere there was so refreshing the management seems very professional yet personable my second interview is tomorrow..I'm hopeful

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were rewarded for going above and beyond on a job.   Answer Question