Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
4,305 Interview Reviews

2.8

Guest Service Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview process for any position in Target is the same. All situation based questions designed to see how well you meet the "Target Leadership Expectations". Tell me about a time that..._________
    Some examples: ... you had to challenge upwards, you had to complete a task with not enough resources, you made a mistak etc...
    All questions should be answered in the format 1.) Situation - Give a brief outline of the exact situation 2.) Behaviour - This should be the longest part, what is it you did, should exemplify as many of the Target Leadership Expectations as possible 3.) Outcome - What your actions resulted in, this is just a brief summary.

Not much give in salary negotiations, raises can be substantial for salaried team members, and extremely limited for hourly positions.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Submitted an on-line application then was contacted via phone a few weeks later. Interview was set-up immediately, for the following Day. Typical retail back office environment - not overly friendly. Sort of a mixed bag, some of the employees would smile and make eye contact while others simply ignored your presence. There was a bit of a wait but the interviewing manager was awesome. If you get through the first round, you will need to meet with two other team members. If you knock their socks off, you will be made an offer that same day.

Interview Questions
    • Study the top ten interview questions, you will be asked. Strengths/Weaknesses - Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

It probably would have been a great opportunity, but the schedule is not very flexible, and the entry level pay is just too low. Perfect for students, seniors, or those who have a good support system for childcare at home.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online, got emailed back in a week. Asked if I could work certain dates, why I wanted to work there, what my preferred hours would be, etc. Scheduled an interview for a week later. Told to finish application questionnaire at Kiosk in store. Interview went well. Talked with the first guy, he told me a little about Target, and their goals, etc. he asked the times and dates I could work, and 3 interview questions, which were basically "name a time when... and what you did in that situation". Asked me why I want to work for Target, what I could bring to the team. Pretty easy. I was asked to go back to the waiting room. 2nd interviewer came and got me within 5 minutes. She asked me 3 more interview questions, which were "what would you do in this situation...". She told me about Target, and and conversed a little, and had me wait in the waiting room again. A third person came and got me, and took me into their office to set up a job offer. Asked the hours I could work, explained the wage, etc. Now just waiting for the background check to come back, and off to orientation on Monday!

Interview Questions
    • A woman comes up to you, looking for a specific pair of shoes. You don't work in shoes, and don't even know if they're in stock. You take her over to the shoes, and the size she wants aren't there. What do you do?   Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate, it was my first job, and I was happy with getting it in the first place.

Executive Team Leader Interview

The interview process was very scripted . They wrote down everything I said on a piece of paper and asked me questions from that same piece of paper, the interview lasted about 10 minutes and felt very rushed.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you provided service to a customer who was unsastified?   Answer Question

Target ETL Logistics Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Behavioral Based questions that are pretty straightforward. They don't try to trick you. Just study up a lot on Target facts. Also it is important to be well prepared for the behavioral questions with concrete examples.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example in which you were wrong and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied to the position-Sales Floor Team Member online. Just 2 days later, I got a call and I went to the store and had an interview with a team leader in the same day. They just asked easy questions about customer experience but the process was long. It seemed like 30+ mins. However, I didn't get a call back and they sent me a rejected email.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is some situational question. If you don't have any customer experience before, you have to prepare for it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Standard behavioral questions "tell me about a time..." They really like team and collaborative examples. Also, try to use their lingo as much as possible: "the guest", "she wants", "surprise and delight".

Interview Questions
    • they were pretty straightforward. They will definitely ask about a time of interpersonal conflict and press you hard on commitment to Minneapolis if you're not from the Midwest.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate for this role as they hire in large classes of people for the same role.

Cashier Interview

i applied online, called me a couple weeks later. interview was a couple days after that. first i talked to the customer service woman who got the hiring manager and also urged me to apply for a target card cause it looked good to do so. then they sent me to a computer where i took the same questionnaire as when i applied. then i was taken to a back room to have the interview. the woman was not very personable and barely looked at me. her questions were easy enough and i had prepared for them but admitting i was shy prompted her to ask something like "how would you handle getting two customers a day to apply for a target card" and my immediate reaction was "2 a day whoa really" which probably cost me the job!

Group Leader - DC Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

For those preparing for the phone interview, it is really simple. Expect "tell me a little about yourself", 3 behavioral questions, followed by a time for you to ask your own questions. The recruiter was extremely nice and will give you advice on how you sounded over the phone. Be prepared for follow up questions after you answer the original behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you were given multiple tasks to handle at one time"   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I was contacted by telephone a few days after submitting my application. I ended up going in for two interviews, and was given paperwork for a drug test at the end of the second interview. After my drug test came back negative, they called me and set up my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • They had me interview one-on-one with three different people; it was all pretty straight-forward. The most difficult question was probably "what is your biggest weakness?" This was my first job interview, so I didn't really know what to expect and that one caught me off-guard.   Answer Question