Target Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

The first interview is with a Team Leader. The second interview is with an Executive Team Leader. All of the interview questions are "Tell me of a time when..." questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

They had me watch a short video and then I waited for someone to interview me. They asked normal questions. The questions were about different situations and then about myself. The interview is fine as long as you don't freeze up like me.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the referral hiring process. Had one get to know you interview and the second was behavioral based questions. Along with the second interview was a personality and quantitative assessment. You must pass the second interview and both assessments in order to get the last two interviews, which is an all day event at their Corporate headquarters. This consisted of a Business Analyst panel, networking with BA's and Buyers, two interviews with Buyers, and a tour. It takes up to three weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave someone advice or feedback.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone interview where they asked some basic questions and then scheduled an in person interview. After the first in person interview, they scheduled me for one more interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake, and what you did about it afterwords.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview is a great way to learn about company. There is a telephone interview and an in person one. Must be prepared by providing examples. I think that the process is vigorous and i would recommend applying to this company.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Recruiter. She reached out to be via email a day after I applied online on Target's website. Right after my phone interview, she schedule me to interview with a Team leader in an actual Target store. The recruiter was helpful in that she explained to me what I needed to prepare for the next interview. She sent me a detailed email with what kinds of questions that might be asked and how to prepare for them. If you have the right qualification, the process is quick!

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Why do you want to work for Target?
      -Strengths/Weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time you made a mistake
      -What are your goals in the next 5 years?
      -Questions?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied at an in-store kiosk that consisted of a pretty lengthy questionnaire, and was called a few days later to schedule an interview. Upon arriving I was again directed to the kiosk for a secondary questionnaire that was much shorter before an in-person interview.

The manager who interviewed me was very friendly, and the questions were pretty typical. Some did require specific examples where you have demonstrated certain traits, like leadership, but nothing too difficult. After this interview I was directed to go watch a recruitment video of sorts before I had another interview with a different person.

The second interview was very similar to the first, also requiring specific examples from my life. They also asked what I learned about target from the video, so try to at least pay attention enough to have an answer for that.

After all this (the whole process took around an hour with waiting time between interviews), I was directed to HR and hired on the spot. Overall the interviewing process was more lengthy than difficult. Just try to come across positive and energetic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable selling Target Red Cards?   Answer Question
    • What would you consider your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to explain something new to a person.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to convince your coworkers/classmates to continue working.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you exceeded someone else's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your life you had to prioritize between multiple tasks and how it worked out.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time something prevented you from completing a task and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a change to negotiate but didn't take it.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day. Set up an interview. I interviewed with 4 people. Pretty easy questions, mostly "tell me of a time.....". Great people and not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last supervisor, what do you think he would say your strength and your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Made me an offer for X then I told them my pay expectation. Based on my experience in AP. Got what I asked for with no hesitation.

Executive Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Denver, CO).

Interview

interview process was more involved than most with initial phone screen, then another, then one more, then a personal interview with store management. typical questions with no curveballs. it may be different now since their is more pharmacist availability than job opportunities. the interviewers were all very young as is typical of Target so if you understand young personalities you should have little trouble passing the phone screens.

Interview Questions

• what was my greatest achievement   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

Ridiculously long process. Over 5 weeks to do 4 interviews with one left to be scheduled. Some people on the hiring staff are completely incompetent in their ability to schedule follow up interviews. The people doing the phone interviews were 15 minutes late to each one and one did not call on the scheduled day. I had one hiring manager honestly tell me that the hiring system for target is broken. I am glad to have gone through this hellacious interview process because it allows me to see why some companies eventually go out of business or start losing money. More respected companies treat candidates better and streamline their interview process using competent staff. They dont disrespect high quality talent with delayed response times either. I plan on sticking through the process just to see how ridiculous it gets but would probably not accept an offer unless it was just absurdly good. If the interview process is this broken, imagine the rest of their company. No wonder they are hemorrhaging billions of dollars in failed attempts at growth. Thousands of people are being laid off from this company. Target is rotting from the core. I mainly interviewed just to test my interviewing skills seeing that I currently make similar money and was checking to determine my value on the market. Amongst all of the interview I have ever (which include difficult interviews with good organizations like Teach For America) Target's is easily the most ridiculous. BEWARE!!! If you are a talent individual consider another retail management development program. Target is a sinking ship. Target's incompetence does put a bullseye on its back and it appears that they are succumbing to the competition because they do not have the requisite talent, staff, foresight, or leadership to get the job done. Applicants/ Interviewers you have been warned.

Interview Questions

• Read the question the other replies have listed. They will ask you 4-5 questions per interview. No surprises. Expect to wait 10 days to 2 weeks between follow up interviews or speaking to your recruiter.   Answer Question

This is a sinking ship. Target does not have the foresight to become a long term company. It will go the way of Sears. The hiring system is broken, the talent is weak, the structure is bad. If you are a talented person, run!!!