Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
4,249 Interview Reviews

2.8

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I was asked to come in for my first interview it went well I had another interview directly after with a different employee they then asked me to come back the next week for a third interview and offered me the job dress well and be yourself

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your best qualities? And what are some of your worst?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Campus Career Fair Recruiting. Was contacted about 2 weeks later. Initial phone interview consisted of "get to know you" questions. Next up is another phone interview with store managers consisting of behavioral questions.

ETL Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Contacted by recruiter via linkedin had informal phone interview. Was contacted a day later to schedule interview with stl. Showed up and had 3 interviews the same day 2 seperate ones with stls and one with district manager on friday. Was contacted a few days later to schedule a last interview. Next day I was notified that I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave up one commitment to satisfy another.   Answer Question

Seasonal Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Apply online. Called two days later. Showed up for interview. Got a tour of DC with other applicants. Taken individually and interviewed by different GL's in same room. On to a simple math/graph exam. Taken in to room and offered positions. Taken into room and given drug test/scheduled fitness test.

Questions:
    Tell me a little about yourself?
    Why Target?
    Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work.
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss or co-worker.
    Tell me about a time when you had to talk to an underperforming co-worker.
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new company policy.
    How do you demonstrate/emphasize importance of safety in the workplace? An example?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new company policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Target has a set payscale and everyone gets paid close to the same, mainly based on time served.

Executive Store Interview

Applied through school career fair. Got an on campus interview. Then a phone interview. The interviewer were all very nice and the interview was pretty easy. They didn't ask too many hard questions, and mostly the questions asked were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you disagreed with a supervisor or boss and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Once i have completed application online, someone from the store called two hours after and scheduled me for an interview the very next day. The manager first interviewed me with three questions, the usual , why did you apply at target, strengths and weaknesses and one situational question. After a few minutes the HR person interviewed me and ask the same exact questions! I was offered the job and immediately ordered to do a drug test. I took the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you knew you made a mistake and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through campus recruiting website. After that, they screened my resume and offered me a campus interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. On the same night I got an email stating I have passed through second round. The second round interview took place 2 weeks later. It consisted of 2 30-minute interviews and an office tour at corporate.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Served as graduate pharmacist intern prior to interview for 3-4mo. Store management and pharmacist lead helped me prepare for interview. Setting involved group panel encompassing other interns throughout the store, as well as regional and district leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask several situation questions. Be well versed in metrics as well as corporate lingo.   Answer Question

Holding Offer for possible post-graduate opportunities

Group Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Met the recruiters at a college career fair, they were both very easy to talk to and nice. I had an interview on campus. Pretty basic interview, they asked you to tell them a little about yourself and then three behavior based questions (tell me about a time....). They made you feel very comfortable during the whole process. Really seems like a fun and good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Not super difficult but they asked to tell them about a time you disagreed with a colleague/classmate and how you handled the situation. Use the STAR method to answer all questions.   Answer Question