Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was three other people interviewing so I had to wait for about 20 minutes before I got called in. The first interviewer read all the questions from a packet and took notes on everything I said. After that I was told to wait at guest services for the second interview. That took about 30 minutes, and then I ran through the same thing with a different interviewer and a new packet. She took notes as well on what I said. At the end of the interview, I was asked about my scheduling I put in on the application. I was then told to wait outside again for about 5 minutes and then I talked to the HR Head and she offered me the job on the spot. I was lastly given a few papers to take home.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It is really easy as long as you pass the pre-interview questions and can make it through two interviews. The first is with the team lead of the area you are applying and then the second is with the executive of the group that you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were unable to finish a project and what would you have done to finish it on time?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I filled out an application on the in-store kiosk. After I was done, I went to the Service Desk and they had a manager available to interview me right away. I had one manager ask me a few basic questions and scenario type questions, after that, another manager came in and asked a few more. After I was done with the interview, they told me they would give me a call. I received a call the next day saying I had got the job, pending a drug test. (I had to go pee in a cup and have the results submitted to Target)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got a phone call a day later after I applied online. Went on two interviews, that collectively took 40 minutes including the wait. They read you questions off of a list. Easy stuff. The interviewers are very nice. Smile. Its a Target job after all, you don't need to answer their questions with perfection and sophistication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what a RedCard is?   Answer Question
    • Bunch of behavioral questions. If you never had any work experience before, remember anything experience that might relate.   Answer Question

GSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online Called about two weeks later Another assessment on the computer 3 interviews: 1) With your (future) department boss. 2) With a member of management. 3) With HR. It's kind of a lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you worked by yourself to solve a problem. How do you handle coupons?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It took a really long time. From the time I had been contacted back until the time I was hired was multiple months. They also were wary of having a part time job while going to school, which really isn't an issue. However once I got the in person interview it only took about an hour to go through the process and then be given an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took less than a week. I received a basic phone interview the next day and scheduled for an interview. There were 3 interviews in descending difficulty lasting an hour. The first one was tense and quick-paced situation questions. The second was very relaxed personality and experience questions. The third was a repeat of the first one but much slower and relaxing and was primarily the person answering any questions I had. This was my second interview in my life. I was a nervous wreck and stumbled through the first interview, but had fun in the second and third interview! Just answer your questions thoroughly and show interest.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview process took three interviews, each reading from a scripted pamphlet, rather informal, and comfortable. Unfortunately you find out, after accepting the job, that you were not told the truth about hours and pay. When they offer you 40 hours, count on it being closer to 35...just enough to keep you full time.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specific questions as the process was a few years back   Answer Question

Senior Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Mostly situation based questions starting with "tell me about a time when...." They also asked me to review my resume and talk about past experiences that would help in the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to two major projects due at the same time. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation was done with the salary.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

it was good, the manager was very nice and they asked easy questions like tell me about yourself and describe a time when you went out of you way to help a customer