Target Interview Questions

2.8

Seasonal Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Apply online. Called two days later. Showed up for interview. Got a tour of DC with other applicants. Taken individually and interviewed by different GL's in same room. On to a simple math/graph exam. Taken in to room and offered positions. Taken into room and given drug test/scheduled fitness test.

Questions:
    Tell me a little about yourself?
    Why Target?
    Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work.
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss or co-worker.
    Tell me about a time when you had to talk to an underperforming co-worker.
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new company policy.
    How do you demonstrate/emphasize importance of safety in the workplace? An example?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new company policy.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Target has a set payscale and everyone gets paid close to the same, mainly based on time served.

Executive Store Interview

Applied through school career fair. Got an on campus interview. Then a phone interview. The interviewer were all very nice and the interview was pretty easy. They didn't ask too many hard questions, and mostly the questions asked were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you disagreed with a supervisor or boss and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Once i have completed application online, someone from the store called two hours after and scheduled me for an interview the very next day. The manager first interviewed me with three questions, the usual , why did you apply at target, strengths and weaknesses and one situational question. After a few minutes the HR person interviewed me and ask the same exact questions! I was offered the job and immediately ordered to do a drug test. I took the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you knew you made a mistake and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Served as graduate pharmacist intern prior to interview for 3-4mo. Store management and pharmacist lead helped me prepare for interview. Setting involved group panel encompassing other interns throughout the store, as well as regional and district leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask several situation questions. Be well versed in metrics as well as corporate lingo.   Answer Question

Holding Offer for possible post-graduate opportunities

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Hardlines Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

All of the questions were Situation Based Questions designed to measure competency within the 4 main designations of Target's Leadership areas. I had to answer at least 4 questions for each area.

Interview Questions
    • I had to answer a couple of questions related to managing a team, being able to plan out a complicated schedule and manage execution within changing circumstances.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate for any additional pay.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and was called for an interview a few days later. The initial interview with the store manager was very easy and only took about an hour to finish. All I had to do was give honest answers about myself and my qualities. The hiring managers really want to get to know you to see how you will fit in the company. So, don't feel shy about shining a light on yourself and what makes you a good person!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you consulted with another person about a decision you needed to make and the outcome affected their work patterns.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Met the recruiters at a college career fair, they were both very easy to talk to and nice. I had an interview on campus. Pretty basic interview, they asked you to tell them a little about yourself and then three behavior based questions (tell me about a time....). They made you feel very comfortable during the whole process. Really seems like a fun and good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Not super difficult but they asked to tell them about a time you disagreed with a colleague/classmate and how you handled the situation. Use the STAR method to answer all questions.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Target - Hiring Process for Target Sales Floor/Cashier
    Sales-Cashier
    Easy process
    1st call for schedule
    basic question from resume
    Applied Online
    Interview one on one with 2 managers
    fast process
    Interview-just asked questions about your experience in your resume.
    Any challenges you faced.

Distribution Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The hiring process is pretty standard. I applied and heard back within two weeks. The interview was very laid back and had textbook behavioral based questions. When I came in to interview, I interviewed in front of two different groups of executives. Both interviews had similar themed questions. My advice would be to save certain responses and personal experience stories because you will be speaking to two sets of people for approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a situation where I failed at a particular task.   Answer Question