Target

Updated Jan 28, 2015
4,653 Interview Reviews

2.8

Logistics Team Member Interview

Applied for the job online at my house, but can apply in store if needed or wanting to. Within a couple of weeks received a phone call and phone interview for the position I filled out for. Then a few days later had a interview in store for the position with the Store and Department managers.

Business Analyst Interview

Very difficult. Situation - Behavior - Outcome questions, need to have examples prepared. Wear a suit and know about the company. I would also suggest doing mock interviews with mentors beforehand to practice.

Not able to negotiate.

Internship Interview

Skill based questions. STAR model approach, emphasizing leadership skills and teamwork. Case question was challenging as there was not enough time. A few interviews were conducted in one hour and coordinated by different recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Case Question - how did you meet a deadline when one of your team members was pulling her/his share of work.   Answer Question

had another position that was more attractive.

Cashier/Hardlines Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

It was a pretty easy and standard interview. The questions are based around customer service. HR (Human Resources) leads you to a closed off area. Before your interview they have you watch a few videos about all the work areas in the store. Once you're done with the videos an ETL (Executive Team Leader) takes you into an office and ask certain questions to see if you learned anything from the videos. Once that's complete if you're lucky they have either have a lower level team lead or HR to offer you the job on the spot. If they need a second opinion you'll then either be taken into another office for a second interview or asked to reschedule for a second interview. Normally if they like you, you're hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation when you realized you made a mistake. What did you do to fix the as situation?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

It took them over a week to call me after I applied online. I met with the team leader. Then she said she liked me and had another team member interview me. I thought they did a good job explaining the position and scheduling. I asked about the hiring process since they didn't really tell me. They told me they had one more interview in about a week and a half, then they would decide. I got an email saying they wouldn't make me an offer, about 10 days later. If I had been made an offer there would be a drug test and I think a background check as well.

Interview Questions
    • They asked very typical questions, old school. What are your strengths and weaknesses? They did do a role playing kind of thing about how you would handle it if you could not complete a task on a timely basis.   Answer Question

Food Ave Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I received three interviews. The first was over the phone with the Starbucks team leader. The second was with an Executive Team Leader (think assistant store manager). The third was with the Store ETL. I had to take a drug test the same day as the job offer. The drug test took about a week to get back. I had to call Target to follow up with them about starting.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were situational questions where I was asked to describe when something happened and how I handled it.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. It would have made no difference anyway because everyone is paid the same based on a payscale. Experience is irrelevent at that point.

Starbucks Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Hefty interview because of the introduction videos and wait time. But the actual interview questions were fairly straightforward and goal driven. The typical "what can you offer Target" types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • List a time you experienced failure, explain the situation, the people you were with, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Group Manager Interview

Comprehensive assessment of skill set and expertise. Thoughtful questions asked. Specific questions related to core responsibilities of the role. Questions related to leadership and work style. Overall a good process and experience.

Senior Target Protection Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Initial application and "interview" was on a kiosk. They asked all the basic questions. Called pulled into speak with the APTL (ETL-AP) and was given a second round interview right on the spot. I, personally had a little security experience - so it wasn't a long conversation. They brought me in to HR and did all the expected paperwork and talked with the APS (undercover asset protection specialist) and went through a couple of questions of spotting and calling in suspicious folks in the store. Over the next day or so it involved a drug test at a lab down the street. It was for the most part, quick, painless and didn't involve anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions, nothing that I remember as extraordinarily difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I went through three interviews. Two with a team manger and then one with the store manager. I felt like the store manager was intimated of me because of my qualifications and MBA.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with conflict between you and your manager?   Answer Question