Target Interview Questions

2.8

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Applied online and got a call from Target with a phone interview right away in a week. Got called for an interview and went through 3 different people, with the ETL or the Executive Team Lead hiring me on the spot.

GSA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

I was a cashier so I was promoted within but there is another GSA that was hired as such just before me. It was one interview with the ETL and one interview with the HR TL. The questions were all customer service driven and about your ability to motivate others to meet goals. Just focus on your ability to meet goals, motivate others to meet their goals and lead in providing a great customer service experience.

No negotiations

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview was situation based questions averaging 5-6 questions for each of the 3 separate interviews. Questions are best answered in a format beginning with the situation then your behaviors and followed by the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just come prepared with great examples of your leadership in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Online application, Phone Interview with many "tell me about a time..." questions, One on One interview followed by a third interview with pretty much the same questions then if offered the position then you take a test then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any Difficult questions as their question are on a sheet of paper as a guideline and have no unique kind of questions. All questions pretty much start with "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question
    No negotiation they just stated this is what we can do.

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Very relaxed interview process, started off with a phone interview to gauge your interest in the position followed by an in store interview. They don't hire for specific positions, they focus on hiring people that fit in with the culture and then put those people in positions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, interview was simple and straight forward.   Answer Question

Target ETL Logistics Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

I had a friend send my resumer to hisee recruiter. A week later I was contacted through email asking what day and time I will like to have my phone interview. When she called she asked to me tell her about myself. After that she asked a series of "tell me about a time when" questions we ran out of time. It was only 30 minutes. She was very nice. Still waiting on a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that made a significant impact.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied as an internal applicant for this job (was already working as a front end cashier). It took about a week and a half before I finally got an interview with the Pharmacy Team Lead and 2 days later with the pharmacist. I called the pharmacy last week (about 2 weeks after my interviews) and asked them about "the status of my application", and was informed I'd hear something by Thursday or Friday of next week (and the TL apologized profusely for the lack of hearing anything for so long). Because the HR ETL was on vacation for a while (and because Target seems to like taking their dear sweet time on hiring ha ha), the hiring process was put on hold.

The pharmacist told me the only reason they did not hire me was due to my lack of experience as a pharmacy tech. I was informed a couple days ago that they will hire me as a pharmacy technician backup. In other words, this means I will be getting trained as a pharmacy technician to gain experience. When the next position opens up, I'll be able to get the position, full-time or part-time. In other words, I am still a pharmacy technician starting the beginning of October and am also still a cashier :)

Word of advice to interviewees: ASK the interviewer(s) questions about them (how they started at Target, why they chose Target as opposed to say CVS or Walgreen's, why they chose to pursue Pharmacy, what their favorite and least favorite parts of the job are, what their worst customer experience was and how they handled it, etc.). Also, do not sell yourself short even if you have no experience as a pharmacy tech at all. Show you are interested and that you are willing to be their ideal employee.

Interview Questions
    • I have interviewed other applicants who have more experience than you. Why should I hire you instead of them?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you fix it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?   View Answer
    • If I contacted your former employers, what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond at your work place.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I was turned down without even being given an interview. I filled out the application in store, was told to wait for a manager to come out, the manager came out and said they didn't want to hire me for the position I applied for. Instead they wanted to know if I'd apply for a cashier position instead which I declined.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Applied online and two weeks later got an email scheduling first phone interview. Went through about 4 phone interviews and a Skype interview in a 6 week period. Each one consisted of behavioral questions starting with 'Tell me about a time...' Made it to the final interview and a week later got an email deciding to go with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to pitch an idea to a superior   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Applied Online, 3 interviews, 2 of them by phone, last one at the store with a manager. The whole process took 3 weeks since I applied until I got hired. a lot of questions like Why Target?
    Tell me about past related jobs
    For you, what is costumer service
    Recall a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.
    How can you achieve your most difficult task in stressful environment?
    What was the time when your coworker call off and you had to work in busy time?
    If an item rings up for a certain price but the customer insists it is another and what I would do?
    Recall a time when you had to deal with a customer complaint and how did you fix it.
    What are your Strengths and Weaknesses?
    How would you deal with an angry customer?
    Explain a situation where Detail orientation played a factor in your life
    Why do you think you are a good element to work here?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it, and what were the outcomes?   View Answer
    You can't negotiate a thing... take it or leave it. I accepted temporarily, waiting for other better job offers, but at least They give me the opportunity. If I can keep this job and get another one, I'll do it