Target

Updated Nov 25, 2014
4,458 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and expressed my interest. He told me to apply online and email him when I did. Shortly after, I was contacted for an interview and shortly after that I was contacted for another interview with the District Manager and HR Manager. The first interview consisted of 5 behavioral based questions- When have you had to provide constructive criticism, name a time where you lead a project, name a time where you were required to actively listen to someone, etc. I was also asked why Target- so please do your research! Know where the company is, where they started, how far they have come, what bad/good things have happened, what they are doing in the community etc.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Scripted interview where they ask you a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. They rate your responses on a 1-5 scale. 1 being a bad response and 5 being a great response. Afterwards they tally your points to consider whether you should go on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions where not too difficult, you just have to remember to answer the question in how everything affects the "big picture." Like how did it affect sales, or how did your response to something affected the rest of the team.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

one month long. very easy interviews. all situation based questions. went to second round of interviews but was not offered a position. Very nice people in the company but takes long to work your way up as an employee. made me travel an hour for the second round of interviews and did not comp me for gas money.

Executive Team Leader - GE/Softlines Interview

The hiring process was very long. I went through about 5 interviews and it took almost 6 weeks from start to finish. The interviews started with STLs, then the DTL, and finally the Group Leader. Reviewing questions from this website helped a lot; I don't think I was asked a question I had not prepped for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected based off of the questions I saw on this site.   Answer Question

Flow Team Interview

interview with 2 different people. it was a very long process , and all the questions were very common questions. just for a seasonal position. It was very easy. The hiring videos were very common and boring.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Very easy interview process, first and second interview with team leaders and ETLs. Most people who work at Target are very amiable and make sure you know what you're doing in the position.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I went in to the store applied, and interviewed on the same day. Got a call a couple days later that they wanted to hire me. Came back in to sign some papers and then had to go do a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • They asked lots of situational questions like "Name a time you helped somebody even though they didn't ask for help" or "Tell me about a time you had to work with a team." Fairly simple questions but you have to come up with scenarios quick.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Met with panel of 2 interviews. Mainly behavioral questions that followed STAR format. Followed up with an online assessment. The 2 people in the panel interview asked questions like "what does leadership mean to you" and "tell me about a time you worked on a team and failed"

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was more than I thought it would be, and I was not prepared.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I interviewed for Target about two months ago and got the job. It was pretty straight-forward: Glassdoor helped me a lot to prepare me for all the questions. Basically just practice what you're going to say with all the questions you find on here and you'll be set! Also, be prepared for a longer interview process. You first apply to the job, get a phone interview (mine wasn't really an interview, just a "why did you apply to Target?" and then set up the actual interview), the actual interview and then the second interview where they will tell you if you got the job or not. Finally, don't be afraid to call them to check in on the hiring process. They forgot to schedule me for my second interview so I had to call and remind them: and now I have the job!

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is the most difficult obstacle you had to overcome with a group?
      2. Tell me an instance where you made sure to give great customer service?
      3. What do you do if a customer argues that an item is 17.99 when it rings up as 19.99?
        Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Had a phone call asking basic questions, then went to the district office for my official interview which consisted of two people asking you 3 situationally based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. The only hard part was trying to think of the situation on the spot. It is hard to come prepared with a situation because you do not know what the situation is going to be.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Paid $17.50 which was a great summer internship wage