Target Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2014
4,049 interviews

2.8

ETL Target Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process took about a month. There were about 4 interviews total with a week in between each one. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful throughout the process. First you are screened by process of a phone interview with Targets HR Recruiter, then you interview with store managers in various other locations. Don't be alarmed at first, the stores they send you to are not necessarily the stores you will be working in. They only send you to interview at different stores so they get a multiple opinions on your interviews. All of the interview questions were very similar from interview to interview. Just make sure to have a lot of situations prepared to talk about that can be applied to different questions, and you'll be able to answer all of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your long term goals affected your everyday actions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Applied online. A recruiter called within a week and had an initial conversation. Phone interview with recruiter went well as my skill set and experience fit the role. I was then scheduled to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was late to the call (not a big deal as it happens often) and put me on the speakerphone during our conversation. She proceeded to ask me to walk her through my resume and once I began to explain my experience, all I could hear was paper shuffling and things moving. It was very apparent that the hiring manager was focused on other tasks and multitasking while she was on the phone with me. This was a huge red flag. I wasn't able to focus and the call just went downhill from there. Afterwards, I called the recruiter and requested to be pulled out of the interview process as I didn't see it as a good fit. It was a very disappointing experience as I truly admire the brand and what it has done marketing wise.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but not having the full attention of the hiring manager did not allow me to go through my answers as I would typically would. Having that much noise coming through on a phone interview, just ruins your concentration.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted over the phone four days later to schedule an interview for two days later. First they have you do an online questionnaire to test your math skills/personality. I interviewed first with the Flow Team Leader and then with the HR representative. Each asked three questions straight from a booklet, all of them were situational and can be found looking at the other reviews on this page. Both were very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • You are working at the cash register when an item rings up as 19.99, even though the customer insists it was priced 17.99. What do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Applied online, got call back next day. Went in for interview had to take a simply assessment test. Afterwards two interviews back-to-back was told I was hired on the spot by HR lady. You sign some papers and they send you to take a drug test which has to be done within 24 hours. After that you wait for drug and background check to clear. Was called for orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only reason the questions were difficult was because they are all situation-based questions. So you have to think of circumstances that relate to the questions quickly.   Answer Question
    Set pay, take or leave I assume

Team Leader - Hardlines Interview

The interview process happened pretty quick, within a week. I had three total interviews with people I already knew since I was an internal candidate. I interviewed with the executive for hardlines (ETL Hardlines), HR executive (HR ETL), and the district team lead (DTL). All questions were situation questions based on my experience. They told me to answer each question like it was a story with the situation, my behavior, and the final outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you mentored another person?   View Answer
    I was told what my pay would be. In hindsight, I wish I had negotiated.

Business Analyst Interview

Heard back about three weeks after I applied. Hiring manager was interested in interviewing me for that position plus other positions. Phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Where I thought my career could go at Target if I took this position.   Answer Question

Decided I didn't want to pursue

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online and received a call the same day to come in for an interview the following week. I was supposed to have an interview with the ETL first, but she was busy. I interviewed with the Store Team Leader. He was very friendly, asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work there, and then a few Situation based questions. After the interview he said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and what came of that? Tell me a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure and what you did?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Called to follow up, HR pulled my app. Got a call a month later from HR to schedule a phone interview then was told to come in for an in person interview. I wasn't interviewed for the position I initially applied for.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Name a time you worked with a group to accomplish a project.   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Simply applied online and called the next day asking if they had seen my application. They said yes and asked if I wanted an interview. I accepted, and the following business day I was given two different interviews and was hired minutes after. Went on without a hitch. Fairly easy interview!

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions to be of any concern or difficult.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase began AFTER orientation.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

I received an email asking times I was available for a phone interview. i made an appointment and thought it went very well. They asked all customer service based questions. The last question they asked me to repeat my answer by using the STAR technique. She explained what it was. I haven't hear of it before, but after researching it I found that that's how I answered my questions anyway. It threw me off to repeat my answer. I'm pretty sure she had to inform me of the technique as part of the process in case I didn't already know what it was. I then moved on the the next stage which was a face to face interview. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where a customer gave feedback that you didn't expect and how you handled it.   Answer Question