Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
4,152 Interview Reviews

2.8

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

There is three different interviews. They all are very similar in their nature. The interviews are with the team lead, manager, and the human resources person. All of these different people ask you different questions but they are all similar in their nature

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you had to hold or maintain your anger   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview was easy, basic interview questions such as what are you strengths and weaknesses, what you would do if an item rang up as a different price than what the customer said was posted (you take the customer's word for it), when was a time where you made a mistake and what did you do, and so on.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later for an interview. Had my first and second interview on the same day and was offered a job. They do drug test too. Just act professional and always make eye contact.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

applied online, received a call that week to do a phone interview which took about 15 minutes. the lady was really nice, asked typical questions, why do you want to work here, experience, a time where you showed customer service etc. be prepared and youll be fine

Manager Interview

Very Structured, Behavior based interview. Be prepared to answer 5-10 questions that detail how you get along with others, manage conflict and improve operations. It is advisable to really understand what Target stands for and how you can fit into their structure.

Interview Questions
    • Use a response format that will detail the situation, action and result   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied on-campus. I had previously known the recruiter through a student organization and ended up interviewing with her for the internship. I had 1 30-minute interview that was strictly behavioral. After that, I got the offer about two weeks later. It's a competitive internship even though the interview is fairly straightforward. They look for personality and potential more than hardcore technical ability.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just know your resume. They pretty much just say "tell me about a time when..." and you need to talk about a past experience where you dealt with adversity, bad teammates, etc.   Answer Question
    It was for an internship, no negotiations when you're with 300 other interns at the corporate headquarters.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

I applied to one specific location, but a different location got my info and called me to come to their job fair. I went there thinking they had my application, but I had to fill one out by hand. The first interview was more into how you are as a person. The interviewer asked me questions about myself and what I do in my free time. I made it to the second interview with 2 managers each asking me more formal "experience" questions. I made the mistake of not being specific in my answers because I felt like I was being rushed. I think they score you in each question from 1-10 and if you score high enough, you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • You scan an item for sale at $17, but the customer tells you she thought it was $12. What do you do?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Only have gone through the first interview thus far. It was very structured into story-like questions. When was a time you made a mistake and what did you do about it? When was a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what did you do about it? Etc, Etc

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me to ask her questions and I would have brought a few more specific questions for her.   Answer Question

Deli Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Target has a process in which the question needs to be in Situation, what you did, and out come be prepared to answer questions like when you were in a group setting with a hard deadline. when was a time you were un able to meet a goal.

Interview Questions
    • In my opinion people struggle with the self assessment questions like naming your flaws and strengths   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase its accept or decline

Guest Service Team Lead Interview

Three interviews for management, store manager and district included. There is no negotiation on the wage. Wearing red and khaki is not looked as well upon as wearing business professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did not succeed a d what you did to fix it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, company standard wages