Target Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Operational Senior Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone screen first and then full day on site of situationally based interview. 3 interviews with teams of 2 interviewers each. Very relaxed. Was there with 2 others candidates the same day. People were very friendly

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not complete a task or project on time   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Albany, CA).

Interview

Simple and really want to know why you want retail. Recruiter was very friendly and tried you help you and make the process as smooth as possible. Very extensive process with about four rounds of interviews over the phone or in person.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

The first interview is with a Team Leader. The second interview is with an Executive Team Leader. All of the interview questions are "Tell me of a time when..." questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Recruiter. She reached out to be via email a day after I applied online on Target's website. Right after my phone interview, she schedule me to interview with a Team leader in an actual Target store. The recruiter was helpful in that she explained to me what I needed to prepare for the next interview. She sent me a detailed email with what kinds of questions that might be asked and how to prepare for them. If you have the right qualification, the process is quick!

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Why do you want to work for Target?
      -Strengths/Weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time you made a mistake
      -What are your goals in the next 5 years?
      -Questions?

Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the referral hiring process. Had one get to know you interview and the second was behavioral based questions. Along with the second interview was a personality and quantitative assessment. You must pass the second interview and both assessments in order to get the last two interviews, which is an all day event at their Corporate headquarters. This consisted of a Business Analyst panel, networking with BA's and Buyers, two interviews with Buyers, and a tour. It takes up to three weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave someone advice or feedback.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone interview where they asked some basic questions and then scheduled an in person interview. After the first in person interview, they scheduled me for one more interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake, and what you did about it afterwords.   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview is a great way to learn about company. There is a telephone interview and an in person one. Must be prepared by providing examples. I think that the process is vigorous and i would recommend applying to this company.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day. Set up an interview. I interviewed with 4 people. Pretty easy questions, mostly "tell me of a time.....". Great people and not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last supervisor, what do you think he would say your strength and your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Made me an offer for X then I told them my pay expectation. Based on my experience in AP. Got what I asked for with no hesitation.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Daly City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One interview over the phone and two in person. Both filled with tell me a time/behavior questions. There were a Handful of others doing their interviews as well so my interview proceaa took what I felt was too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when? What did you do about it? What was the result?   1 Answer

Executive Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Denver, CO).

Interview

interview process was more involved than most with initial phone screen, then another, then one more, then a personal interview with store management. typical questions with no curveballs. it may be different now since their is more pharmacist availability than job opportunities. the interviewers were all very young as is typical of Target so if you understand young personalities you should have little trouble passing the phone screens.

Interview Questions

• what was my greatest achievement   1 Answer