Target

3,939 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and then around a few weeks later, I received a phone call to schedule my interview. (NOTE: You should print out your application if possible, or at least jot down your positions/ store address/ time availability. It's easy to forget, especially when they call you like a month later.) The questions the person asked were very simple on the phone, so I'm not sure it would qualify as a "phone interview". Just basically: Is your time schedule the same? Can you work overnight or day? Etc, just questions to confirm basically.

Then she told me how the interview would go (Arrive to Target, take the questionnaire on the computer, then once you're done, pick up the red phone and tell them you're ready. The questionnaire was very straight-forward and takes maybe 15 minutes. Then the red phone is literally right next to the computer and you pick it up and say you're ready.) The computer questionnaire is most likely located in guest services.

Then I sat on the bench and waited to be called in. A lady came by shortly, shook my hand and introduced herself. Then she led me to a room where I watched a short video clip about my positions. After the video was done, I was led into a room to wait for the interviewer.

The person came, and led me into this small office. It was a 1 on 1 interview. She had a interview packet and the packet had a few pages of questions. On the first few pages, it was just confirmation details so she was looking at my Target application and copying down the information (like the hours availability, etc) and then she asked me to sign it. Afterwards, she would ask me questions and I would answer them, and she would write them down. She was very friendly.

After that, I was supposed to have my second interview but the person was not there. The first interviewer said that the person will give me a call to schedule an appointment. But a few days passed, and I never got a phone call. Instead, I got a generic email telling me I did not get the position. (Disappointed because I was hoping the least they could do, after we had already met and had in-person contact, was make a phone call to me, and not send a generic, two sentenced email.) I was also eerily suspicious of the fact that my second interviewer was not present during my interview time period. Not only was that unprofessional and a waste of my time if I had to have come back, but a major red flag (Was my first interview that bad that they knew they didn't want to hire me and didn't want to waste their time on a second interview? Was the second interviewer just not present? Etc)

By the way, the questions are read straight from the packet, and sometimes the interviewer would ask follow-up questions. But I think for the most part, everyone gets the same questions since they utilize a packet.

Good luck to everyone!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Target and why these positions?
When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Describe a time you have to work under stress. What was the outcome?
Tell me a little about your past experience.
What would your former colleagues or teacher say about you?
Explain a time when you were busy and needed to prioritize the tasks ahead of you.
How long do you plan on working with us?
  Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Question – I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
West Mifflin, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call within a day of applying for the jobs. When I arrived for my interview, I was asked to take a quick questionnaire on their computer system. The questionnaire has approximately 10-12 questions, some were math based and you had to use the graph provided to answer the questions. It was fairly easy and only took about 10 minutes. After completing it, I was asked to wait in the food court area until someone was available for the interview. I waited probably 10 minutes or so until she showed up. We went back into her office, which was very small. She had my folder that contained a print out of my application. We went over the hours I would be available and what the job entailed. I didn't think that this was one of the jobs I applied for, but continued the interview anyway. She had a booklet that contained questions that she asked me and she wrote down my responses. The first question she asked was "Why do you want to work for Target?" There were 3 other questions that had 3 parts to them: the problem, what I did, and the outcome. She once again recorded my answers. After completing those questions, she informed me that the person who hired for that department was off today and that I should expect a phone call within a day or so for either another interview or job offer.

Interview Question – What was sometime that you did your job above the expectations of the job?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied on-line and waited for about 3 days then I called the store so that I could speak to a hiring manager. Then she set up an telephone interview with me. After my telephone interview I had a face to face interview. The interview questions were fairly easy. Then they told me all the positions they had available and I choose flow team because they were paid 8.25 and it was only 3 days a week mandatory. But I was able to cross train for cashier so I could pick up more hours

Interview Question – There was really no difficult qestions   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received an interview after going to my school's career fair. I then interviewed a week or two later. All of the interview questions were what I expected after reading reviews on Glassdoor. The interview was 1v1 and lasted about 30 minutes. Later that week I received an email telling me I was no longer in consideration.

Interview Question – All of the interview questions ask about difficult situations in which you have experienced. They want to see how you have reacted to stressful situations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Target Cashier Interview

Target Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A week after turning in my application online, I received a call from HR and set up an over-the-phone interview with one of their team members the next day. At 9 am I received a call from the team member, and it was not what I was expecting. The team member was shouting into the phone and I could barely understand the questions she asked me. She explained to me the job position I was being interviewed for and asked me normal questions like, "Why do you want to work for us? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe to me a time you made a mistake and how did you fit it? Describe to me a time you had to multitask and prioritize, and how did you do it?" Stuff like that. The phone interview took only 8 minutes.

Two weeks later, they scheduled an in-person interview with me. Let's say the man who I was to be interviewed by was named "Joe". I went in early, and waited. It was past my scheduled interview time (20 minutes past) and "Joe" did not show up. Another man, not associated with hiring people for the store at all, interviewed me instead. He led me into a room and asked me, "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses?" After that, for around fifteen minutes he "explained" to me what the Target RedCard was and how awesome it's supposed to be. That was all.

One week later, I was scheduled for another interview with "Joe" at 3:00 pm. At 3:45, "Joe" finally decided to interview me. I used "decided" because he was across the room that I was in, talking and laughing with all of the employees at Target for over an hour, maybe longer. The HR lady informed me that he was having "company" but even the co-workers around me were talking about how loud and how much fun they were having in the room across.

While I waited for "Joe", the other girl that Target was interested in hiring came in and sat by me. Boy, was she under-dressed. Flip flops, cargo pants, and a tank top. I was wearing a nice blouse, nice pants and new shoes, and a cardigan/sweater. She was my only competition.

"Joe" came in and took me to a room and asked me, "I know you've heard this a lot, but why do you want to work here?" After I answered, he asked "What are your strengths and opportunities? (Opportunities = Opportunities to get better at something i.e. weaknesses)" I answered. "Joe" said thank you for coming in and excused me from his office. This final interview lasted five minutes.

Target ended up hiring the girl in flip flops. I do not know if she got a longer interview since she was after me, but I do know they hired her.

The interview process took over a month. I would've thought that there would've been more questions, longer interviews. I thought wrong.

In the end, if you want to work at Target, I guess I could say: It doesn't matter if you dress up for an interview with Target, wear your street clothes and you'll get hired. Also, don't expect much from the interview except for the tremendous time it took to get three interviews with them.

Interview Question – No hard questions, you just have to think back on past experiences you've had and describe to the interviewers what you did in the certain situations they ask you to recall, i.e. explain to me a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – i had two interviews before being hired. one was a phone interview and the other was a face to face interview. they asked typical questions that would expected at every interview

Negotiation Details – this is what you get and that's final

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Every thing too about a week, i got a phone interview on a Monday. They asked simple questions like Tell me about a time that you had to multitask. Then about 3 days later no one called to tell me that i did not get the job, but they sent me a short email. they did not even explain why i was not being considered.

Interview Question – The questions were simple.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Cypress, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Well the guy who interviewed me was very unprofessional. He answered the phone twice in the beginning of the interview, and then he rarely made eye contact. I handed him my resume and he did not look at it. He asked me questions about what I would do was a cashier and the customers told me the price of an item is completely wrong. I never thought I would get a question like this since I was applying for a backroom member. caught me by surprise.

Interview Question – What would you do if customer states the item that you just rang up is wrong?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and emailed the human resources workers. After a few days I called them to follow up and spoke to one of the employees there. I then spoke on the phone with an employee about the job.

Interview Question – If faced with a life or death experience experience while working at target, how would you deal with it?   View Answer