Target

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Waukesha, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I did a application and was called the next day for a phone interview! Question s were... Why Are You Interested For Working At Target? What are your experiences that relates to the job? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Scenarios: Describe a time you were part of a team? Name a time you had multiple things to do in a short period of time? Name a time you went above and beyond to meet a customer expectations? Than they schedule you a face to face interview 1-2 days after. They ask you the same questions don't be nervous take your time and answer them the best way you can. You will know if you have the job at the end of the interview. TIP: If you're told we have more applicants to interview you did not get the job but apply again at a different target. GOODLUCK!!!

Interview Question – All customers are your number one priority just make sure they leave the store happy and satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None I accepted the offer that was given to me!

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – 3 days after i applied, they called and did the phone interview. then they set up face to face interview the next day. it was a less than an hour they interview me then they called the team leader to see if there is availability. i was irritated because they wasted my time interviewing and end up telling me there is no available and they just hired someone else few days ago.

Interview Question – easy questions such as why you want to work at target, experiences related.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied some time in May or June and got a call in July. Got a phone interview first and then called for another interview in person. Got a conditional offer right away.

Interview Question – A mistake you made, what you did about it, and what was the outcome?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ad Set Team Member Interview

Ad Set Team Member
Middletown, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – After three reasonable interviews, 1 over the phone and two with members of management, I was called to be given a conditional job offer. I was so excited to say the least. Unfortunately, the offer was only for a cashier position for which I had not even applied for. Very dissapointed to have wasted my time.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry guest?
Tell me about yourself?
Why would you want to work at Target?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offer me a position that I was not interested in and had not even applied for. This even after I asked in tbe last interview what position they were interviewing me for! Very dissapointed.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied in-person and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, what did you do?
Tell me about yourself
What are your strength and weaknesses?
What would you do if you saw someone stealing?
Why do you want to work for our company?
Why did you leave your last job?

Interview Question – Everyone has plenty of strengths but for some reason they can never come up with a weakness. Be prepared!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR to go to an interview that was to be held at an hotel. When i arrived there was a lot of people at the event. When it was my turn for the interview to of targets team members interviewed me.

Interview Question – What achievements are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and emailed the human resources workers. After a few days I called them to follow up and spoke to one of the employees there. I then spoke on the phone with an employee about the job.

Interview Question – If faced with a life or death experience experience while working at target, how would you deal with it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. All questions were situation based. What would you do if....? A third grader could pass their interviews. Take your time and be detailed in your answers. Tell them what you did, and then tell them what you learned in that particular situation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult answers. They were silly questions that did nothing to weed out poor performers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont really negotiate. They have a base and want to start you there.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called them that same day. Had a phone interview the next morning (Tuesday). Had a face to face interview the day after that(Wednesday). I was scheduled a second face to face interview for the following Monday which turned out to be the job offer and drug test. Pretty simple process..

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake? What type of experience do you have that would relate to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They tell you the exact amount they will pay you and you either agree to it or not.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Newburgh, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – The phone interview was great got asked basic interview questions. When I arrived to the one to one interview I was asked to take a questionnaire before my interview at the target store kiosk. The area where the kiosk was placed was crowded by merchandice that I had to literally squish thru the merchandice to get to the kiosk. When I was done with the questions at the kiosk I waited for another hour to be called by hiring manager for the one to one interview. Once I was being interviewed the manager asked me the same questions I was asked in the phone interview. The hiring manager seemed like he was in a hurry to go home and did not answer questions properly. This was the first interview that was unorganized and inappropriate. They should consider getting a better trained hiring manager.

Interview Question – What can you do to improve them service at Target?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Service and work planning was unorganized