Target Interview Questions

2.8

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Applied Online, was contacted the next day to set up an interview. You are then interviewed by both the team lead and the executive team lead of the department you applied for. You also have to take a test to test your personality, problem solving and basic math skills.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate employment details for this position.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target.

back by back and directly interview with higher level hiring manager. I was interviewed by group manager level employees and they didn't go through too many behavioral questions but case questions instead

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied online through my school's job site and got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was easy. She asked me "Why Target?" "Where do I see myself 3-5 years from now?". Then I proceeded to the next round which was an interview with a store manager. He said that he really liked me and asked me the same questions. However, I was not asked to proceed to the round after that (he consulted with the recruiter who interviewed me first). I believe it was a combination of my lack of experience in retail and/or the poor assessment test. The assessment test was difficult.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I have my third interview in two days and I realized it's not necessary. I only
    Applied for cashier why should I have three interviews for this position. The first interview was like three minutes. Then the next interview was with the executive team leader and I didn't like her at all. Then the third interview is supposed to be with someone in a specific department. Why three interviews ? The first one should have been a phone interview and they wasted my time. I don't even want the job anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Typical situational questions that you can't rehearse.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

It was fairly low stress. They first have you fill out a questionnaire on their website(or you can do it in store). They were pretty basic questions about situations. It took some time to finish, about 30 minutes or so. Then they contact you within a week or so for an in person interview which was also pretty basic. If you make it past all of that, you take a drug test and if you pass that you're given the job.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

I was called by the HR department and asked to come in for an interview. I showed up about 10 minutes early and went to the guest services desk as instructed and asked for my interviewer. They seemed rather disorganized, as they put out a call for the Team Lead who was supposed to be interviewing me twice with no response, and the third time he came and then got immediately distracted.

When I finally got in to the interview, it was only about five minutes of sitting down and talking as he made notes before he took me to take a survey (that I had already completed on the application). He said he had to find someone to give me my second interview. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't have that set up already, since it's something they have to do at every interview. After another about 5 minute conversation with her taking notes, I was told that HR would call me to let me know if I would move on in the employment process or not.

I was not called. I received a form letter email notifying me that I would not be considered further, which I found kind of annoying and unprofessional. Overall, a disorganized interview. The interviewers didn't look at me as they interviewed me, they sat and read off their papers and didn't look up. They also complained that they had to take all these notes for HR to read and evaluate, instead of HR doing interviews themselves.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a customer come to the register with an item that scanned at $19.99, but the customer insisted that the price on the shelf was 9.99, what would you do?   View Answer

Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Structured interview process - 1st interview at store, 2nd interview at store and 3rd interview at the district level. The interview questions are behavior based questions and are looking for the situation, your actions and the result of the situation (what you learned).

Logistics Interview

firstly a phone interview, then they get you to come in for in person interview with 2 different people. the questions were stupid and pointless, it's pretty much all the typical "tell me a time...." type of questions.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Very straight forwar. Asked work history questions and if I'm school etc. easy and very laid back. But that is expected for a basic retail position. It was a breeze.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I had a phone interview. He was super nice, and polite. Found a time that worked for me, and called almost on the dot. I met with Target at a career fair, they asked if I could interview the next day, but I said I was busy, and they had no problem setting up a phone interview.