Target Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. They scheduled an in-store interview for the following Friday. The interview was in the back office. I had two interviews back-to-back. They were very unorganized and later told me they were not hiring for their Starbucks. I received an email later that week I didn't get the job, probably because it didn't exist.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and he sent me the link to apply. About a week after a phone screen with the recruiter I was contacted by the store manager for an interview. He scheduled 3 interviews for the same day. One with him, with an hr manager and an ETL. He told me that the next day I would have the final interview with an HR business partner. The same day of my last interview I heard from the store team and was offered the position.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

phone call screening. online assessment. interview with stl from another STL. Phone interview with HR District leader. It was pretty redundant. I never knew what exactly i was interviewing for until my forst day on the job.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

So when I got there I told them I was there and a very friendly lady said that she'd let them know I was there and to sit and wait in the food area. A very friendly man then came about 10 minutes later, I shook his hand, and he took me to the office in the back of the store. He started off with confirming my avalability and then described the job I was being interviewed for (sorftline). After that he asked me 3, 3-Part questions and gave a speach about the responsibilities of the job. When that interview was finished, he took to another in the front of the store for my second interview. The lady in there started off with having me tell her alittle about myself and she then told me about herself. The questions she asked were pretty similar, and when she was done she welcomed me to the team and hired me on the spot. I then went into a third office where my orientation was set up. Overall it was an amazing experience and it was great getting hired for my first job on my first interview. This site really helped the interview run smoothly and prepared my for the questions they asked.

Store Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The hiring process can be quite lengthy with multiple interviews with various leaders. Behavior based interview questions are typically used. Mainly focused on driving results, motivating teams, performance management, team development, strategic thinking, and managing execution. Relocation is a must for higher level positions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and surprisingly they called me back within two days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went great, she sounded very promising and told me to expect a call in the next couple of days. I got a call that same day a few hours later for an in person interview, which I was excited for. A couple of days later, I arrive at the interview, everything was laid back and I was asked a few questions. Unfortunately I was not offered a position, but it was a great experience and easy going and friendly people to talk to. I would recommend at least trying Target!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to ask for help from someone who had more experience than you   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you needed to prioritize many tasks and how did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • What would you say a previous manager/teacher would say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to explain something to a new person   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

fairly easy. the usual questions. just prepare a few quick examples of things before you go in so you don't falter on your answers. Its mostly past experiences and how you dealt with them or hypothetical situations that you might encounter. "Would you ask for help if you needed to or would you have a problem doing so". "Why do you want to work for Target" etc.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work with someone you did not get along with and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked to go over my resume. As I spoke it seemed like she paid no attention to anything I was saying. As I finished, I had to say hello about twice to grab her attention. Overall this was a very unprofessional interview experience.

Store Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

After applying online, received an email from HR Talent Acquisition. 1st phone interview to get to know my background and experience. 2nd phone interview was Behavioral style questions. I was told my info was being forwarded to a District Team Leader next. 2 weeks later, I received a "other candidates are being considered" email. There was no immediate need for STLs in my region. I also took the online personality test. Entire process was fairly straight forward with lots of waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with high level consequences.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I got called in for an interview. I arrived half an hour before my interview (my first one!). A nice lady, slightly older, led me into the interview room. She was very kind and the interview was at a steady pace. When she asked about why I wanted work for Target and I spit some fire about the company's history and their dog Bullseye, she was surprised I did my homework (which I always do!) After that we hit it off. The interview questions were lengthy and since I had little job experience, I said more education related experiences with people. She highly recommended me for the second interview THAT day, meaning I would just wait for the manager to come see me. However, the manager didn't want to hire a seasonal summer college student so it was a deal breaker, and even the lady that interviewed me was bummed out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to something and the steps you took to do that.   Answer Question
    • What is your availability? Do you have any plans for summer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a situation where you had to step out to solve it.   Answer Question