Target

Updated Dec 15, 2014
4,499 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

The process is timely. 1st target recruiter calls you then you schedule a phone interview then another phone interview then if you do well you move to an in-person interveiw and thats where i stopped. these 3 interviews took almost 3-4 weeks. The interview in hard ,it all depends on situatuion "Tell me about a time u had to ........"

Interview Questions
    • They have some easy questions but they always come up with questions that would make you pause and have to really think about an answer   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Very structured and organized interview process where I interviewed with 8 different people. The process takes about 2-3 weeks. They have a ton of great people on their team which is why the interview process is very strict because they make sure they get the best candidates for the specific position. I believe they are picky but for a GREAT purpose because you are the face of the store and they want their executives to bring the Target image to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where your listening skills resulted in a conflict?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Target in December 2014.

They put you in a little room. I was 1 on 1. They ask basic questions. Strengths weaknesses, previous jobs. Glassdoor interview reviews are spot on. You watch a video and they come back saying whether or not you get a second interview. mine was right after the first. They ask about a time on a job you had a problem and how you solved it and the outcome. They also do 2 scenario questions. Glass door is spot on. 1 shoe department 1 cashier question.

Interview Questions
    • You are in the shoe department and they can just walks up to you asking where a certain shoe is but you do not work in the particular department what do you do?   View Answer
    • You are working the cashier And you are ringing a guest items one item comes up at 19.99 when the guest says it is on sale for 17.99 what do you do?   View Answer
    For pay I put down open there was no negotiation at all they're paying me nine dollars an hour it is a seasonal jobthey asked my availability and I had to take 23 December off which they did not like it but they still hired me

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

They take HR very seriously at Target. All day, 8 interviews. About half HR, half potential business colleagues. They have decided to get very up-to-date with their business strategy and the new CEO has people very energized. Even if they ding me I should probably buy the stock.

Interview Questions
    • They threw out the book on behavioral questions. We even joked about it. They just spent time getting to know me and my experience. Very good energy at the HQ. People seemed busy and happy. Remarkably pleasant people and a positive experience.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Albany, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target in December 2014.

I'm currently separating from the United States Army and I applied online back in August 2014 for the executive team leader in training position in Albany, NY. I was finally contacted in November 2014 by a Human Resources Recruiter and conducted a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes. The Human Resource Recruiter asked me questions about my military back ground and then provided a brief description of the leadership structure at Target and then asked me how my Military History fit into those leadership roles.

I explained that my military experience was similar to both the Executive Team Leader position and Store Team Leader. The recruiter then asked me four behavioral based questions for the store team leader position. All the questions can be found on the reviews and I had rehearsed pretty thoroughly before the interview. The focus of the behavioral based questions is to determine if you have the ability to work in a team, lead a team and resolve conflict. You need to be able cite good examples.

Once the phone interview was complete, g the HR stated that I would be an excellent fit for the Executive Team Leader position, but she was going to recommend to the District Manager that I be considered for the Store Team Leadership position. I was contacted 20 minutes later to schedule a second interview in person with the store team leader at a Target Store.

I met with the Store Team Leader five days after my phone interview and she had a packet on me , with three behavioral questions. I had rehearsed all the questions before hand and blew through that interview in about 30 minutes. The first question she asked was where I see myself in 5-7 years, a time I worked on a project that produce a excellent response from a customer and when I had to build a relationship under difficult circumstances. She then said I did really well and she was recommending me to go through and meet with the district manager. I'm to be scheduled soon and will provide an upddate when that occurs.

Interview Questions
    • Why Target and where do you see yourself in 5-7 years. The questions weren't difficult, but the Store Team Leader stated those questions have historically given candidates a hard time.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Was called in for two interviews; one with an HR representative and one with the Pharmacy Manager. Both presented a series of scenarios and asked what I would do in the situations. Scenarios ran the gamut from what you would do if you had an issue with a co-worker to how you would handle a customer who was livid over not receiving a prescription. Overall, very easy process as long as you have any idea about what good customer service is.

Target Seasonal Team Member Interview

Interviewed with HR head and 2 team leaders. All interviewers were friendly and asked thoughtful questions. I was able to get a good sense of the position and the expectations. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help a customer who was looking for an item the store was out of stock on?   Answer Question
    As it is a seasonal position, the offer was pretty simple and straightforward.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process was very easy and laid back. It was nice to have interviews that were more laid back. I felt some aspects such as, location and information regarding the job, could have been more clear. Other than that the process was smooth.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Target?" There are so many ways to ask that question that I thought it was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Very quick to reply after sending in the application. The application itself is very detailed and long, but since it is all online, it was easy to take a few minutes to finish it or go back and finish if you did not have time to do it all at once. The first interview was done over the phone, also very quick and straightforward. The second interview is done in person.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview was somewhat difficult. It was all behavioral questions. Study up on the STAR technique. It was definitely an interview that focused on questions from corporate rather than getting to know you, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the person. Overall it was a fair interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to turn a weakness into one of your strengths?   Answer Question