Target

Updated Jan 30, 2015
4,657 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Group Manager Interview

Comprehensive assessment of skill set and expertise. Thoughtful questions asked. Specific questions related to core responsibilities of the role. Questions related to leadership and work style. Overall a good process and experience.

Senior Target Protection Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Initial application and "interview" was on a kiosk. They asked all the basic questions. Called pulled into speak with the APTL (ETL-AP) and was given a second round interview right on the spot. I, personally had a little security experience - so it wasn't a long conversation. They brought me in to HR and did all the expected paperwork and talked with the APS (undercover asset protection specialist) and went through a couple of questions of spotting and calling in suspicious folks in the store. Over the next day or so it involved a drug test at a lab down the street. It was for the most part, quick, painless and didn't involve anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions, nothing that I remember as extraordinarily difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I went through three interviews. Two with a team manger and then one with the store manager. I felt like the store manager was intimated of me because of my qualifications and MBA.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with conflict between you and your manager?   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

All situation based interview questions. There were about five questions from a script and each interview was 30 minutes long. There was a short amount of time for questions at the end.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I found about the internship through the career fair at my university. However the region that attended the career fair was not the one where I was looking to work.

I created a point of contact with a manager and he hooked me up with a recruiter from my region. THESE PEOPLE ARE REALLY FRIENDLY, so don't hesitate to ask them for help.

I had three phone interviews, one with the general recruiter, one with a store manager from the region, and one with the head of the region. They ask you situational questions and even if you prepare, you can still be hit with a question that you weren't ready for, so make sure you brainstorm situations that you can sort of mold to answer how you dealt with any situation.

Take your time answering the questions. The ones that I did poorly on were the ones that I felt that I had to answer right away.

Obviously the personalities between the people that you interview with will be different, but I found that the interviewers obviously set out a block of time, so their attention is fully directed on you, and they will have a conversation with you, telling you what you want to know and sharing their experiences. BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK QUESTIONS.

Lastly, make sure when you're describing a situation to answer one of their questions, that you eventually talk about what you learned from it and how you improved.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker and how you dealt with that situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, 17.50

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online. A few days later I got a call from a HR member to schedule an interview. I had two interviews back to back about 10 minutes each.

Seasonal Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

I received a two part interview. The first part was more general, and asked some of the questions posted on this website, such as "If a customer stated that an item was priced at $5, but the scanner prices the item at $10, what would you do"? You can find other specific questions on this site. They are looking for hard working people with an enthusiastic and caring personality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake. What did you do to fix it?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied and was contacted by email to set up an interview with a recruiter. I scheduled the first phone interview online and was emailed instructions on what to anticipate for the first interview. Target uses the STAR method for interviewing (just google it). At the conclusion of my first interview, I was immediately offered two additional interviews. The recruiter also talked to me about my strengths and weaknesses of my interview and what the next executives will be looking for when I interview with them. My 2nd interview was also a phone interview with an HR business partner. The interview was the same format as the first one asking a lot of situational based questions. They are more focused on what you did in the situation rather than what the problem was. Don't be afraid to use some of the same examples you used in your first interview. The 3rd interview was with a District Team Leader who is in charge of overseeing several stores (this DTL had 9 stores). Again, same style of interview with similar situational based questions. All three interviews were extremely laid back and they made you feel comfortable. They are not about intimidating you at all. They want the best people they can find that fit in with their culture. I was called back to complete a 4th and final interview where it will be over the phone. They are very upfront with their expectations, how they feel you've done in the process, and where they see you fitting in.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you lead a project where you didn't meet an expectation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I had two interviews. One phone interview and one in person interview. My advice if you were planning on applying for target is to think of 5 situations you have been in (Work related) were you had to work as a team. Explain the situation and then what you did then the outcome of it. It helped me through my team member interview and my GSA interview. Almost all the interview questions are situations you have been in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it?
      Tell me a time where you had to work together as a team?
      Why do you want to work at target?

View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

the interview process was fairly simple. I had no retail experience what so ever, I go in not knowing I'm speaking to the senior manager and I just had a smile on my face and a positive excited outlook and was personable and then after the short interview process I speak with the main supervisor for my department and more or less just talked more than an interview and I started a few days later

Interview Questions
    • none that stood out of the crowd of normal questions. The hardest part was just to connect with the interviewer.   Answer Question