Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They basically take you in the back and you have a few interviews with different people. That's considering you pass the application process. It's pretty laid back. They left me in the office a few times by myself to handle stuff and came back. It wasn't that hard of an interview.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Long but straightforward, it was helpful knowing what I was getting myself into due to a friend already working there but it wasn't tough getting by if I didn't have that help

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied in store for the position. I received a phone call within a week after applying for the job and I was told to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people and then I was essentially hired on the spot after the people who interviewed me stepped out of the room and then return with the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what would I do if I saw somebody I know stealing?   1 Answer

Interview

They liked me and scheduled an on campus interview. The interview was one step and fairly straight forward. They had a lot of culture fit and behavioral interview questions. The questions weren't very technical although that may change. Fairly good in terms of time, about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a system (any app platform) that could scale to the needs of the company under peak loads or any other times.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and he sent me the link to apply. About a week after a phone screen with the recruiter I was contacted by the store manager for an interview. He scheduled 3 interviews for the same day. One with him, with an hr manager and an ETL. He told me that the next day I would have the final interview with an HR business partner. The same day of my last interview I heard from the store team and was offered the position.

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Relaxed one-on-one interview, very brief. They ask a few questions that are basically inquiring about your work ethic/personality. Nothing to be stressed or tense about, very relaxed setting. It was only my second job and I wasn't too familiar with the interviewing process. They basically put you in a room with one other person that has a printed copy of your application and they review it with you and ask you straight-forward questions, pertaining to the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Buckhead, GA).

Interview

Did two interviews in one day the first one went really good the second one the young man seemed to have a bit of an attitude like he didnt want to be there

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 days later to set up a personal interview. I was interviewed by two managers who asked me fairly basic interview questions. It was a fairly smooth process overall, and I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What do you know about the Red card? Tell me about a time where you stood up for yourself during a stressful situation. Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations and your supervisor was impressed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't get an interview until 3 weeks later. The first interview was pretty quick and then they sent me back out and called me back later for a second interview. This one was a bit longer but the questions were pretty similar. I was called within a week with a job offer. Most of the questions were situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to ask someone more experienced for help with something.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by two team leaders at the same time. The questions were simple, asking me in what ways I have assisted customers, how I go above and beyond, any criminal convictions, etc... You will be okay as long as you show you put a customer first. Smile, look them in the eye and be cheerful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a crime?   1 Answer