Target

3,955 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR to go to an interview that was to be held at an hotel. When i arrived there was a lot of people at the event. When it was my turn for the interview to of targets team members interviewed me.

Interview Question – What achievements are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. All questions were situation based. What would you do if....? A third grader could pass their interviews. Take your time and be detailed in your answers. Tell them what you did, and then tell them what you learned in that particular situation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult answers. They were silly questions that did nothing to weed out poor performers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont really negotiate. They have a base and want to start you there.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called them that same day. Had a phone interview the next morning (Tuesday). Had a face to face interview the day after that(Wednesday). I was scheduled a second face to face interview for the following Monday which turned out to be the job offer and drug test. Pretty simple process..

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake? What type of experience do you have that would relate to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They tell you the exact amount they will pay you and you either agree to it or not.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Newburgh, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – The phone interview was great got asked basic interview questions. When I arrived to the one to one interview I was asked to take a questionnaire before my interview at the target store kiosk. The area where the kiosk was placed was crowded by merchandice that I had to literally squish thru the merchandice to get to the kiosk. When I was done with the questions at the kiosk I waited for another hour to be called by hiring manager for the one to one interview. Once I was being interviewed the manager asked me the same questions I was asked in the phone interview. The hiring manager seemed like he was in a hurry to go home and did not answer questions properly. This was the first interview that was unorganized and inappropriate. They should consider getting a better trained hiring manager.

Interview Question – What can you do to improve them service at Target?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Service and work planning was unorganized

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 3 face to face behavioral based interviews. The first interview was a get to know you interview. The second and third interviews were with a store manager and an ETL and the last interview was with the district manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and emailed the human resources workers. After a few days I called them to follow up and spoke to one of the employees there. I then spoke on the phone with an employee about the job.

Interview Question – If faced with a life or death experience experience while working at target, how would you deal with it?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Question – I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – easy, just be confident and show off your leadership qualities. Target is looking for people that can work with a team and get results. Innovation is a plus, but be yourself, don't try and fit a mold, different types of leaders are needed for different roles, and at different times.

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Got phone interview. I didn't hear anything back from them. I was not very pleased with the entire process. I would not recommend. It was not the job for me.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult customer   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and then around a few weeks later, I received a phone call to schedule my interview. (NOTE: You should print out your application if possible, or at least jot down your positions/ store address/ time availability. It's easy to forget, especially when they call you like a month later.) The questions the person asked were very simple on the phone, so I'm not sure it would qualify as a "phone interview". Just basically: Is your time schedule the same? Can you work overnight or day? Etc, just questions to confirm basically.

Then she told me how the interview would go (Arrive to Target, take the questionnaire on the computer, then once you're done, pick up the red phone and tell them you're ready. The questionnaire was very straight-forward and takes maybe 15 minutes. Then the red phone is literally right next to the computer and you pick it up and say you're ready.) The computer questionnaire is most likely located in guest services.

Then I sat on the bench and waited to be called in. A lady came by shortly, shook my hand and introduced herself. Then she led me to a room where I watched a short video clip about my positions. After the video was done, I was led into a room to wait for the interviewer.

The person came, and led me into this small office. It was a 1 on 1 interview. She had a interview packet and the packet had a few pages of questions. On the first few pages, it was just confirmation details so she was looking at my Target application and copying down the information (like the hours availability, etc) and then she asked me to sign it. Afterwards, she would ask me questions and I would answer them, and she would write them down. She was very friendly.

After that, I was supposed to have my second interview but the person was not there. The first interviewer said that the person will give me a call to schedule an appointment. But a few days passed, and I never got a phone call. Instead, I got a generic email telling me I did not get the position. (Disappointed because I was hoping the least they could do, after we had already met and had in-person contact, was make a phone call to me, and not send a generic, two sentenced email.) I was also eerily suspicious of the fact that my second interviewer was not present during my interview time period. Not only was that unprofessional and a waste of my time if I had to have come back, but a major red flag (Was my first interview that bad that they knew they didn't want to hire me and didn't want to waste their time on a second interview? Was the second interviewer just not present? Etc)

By the way, the questions are read straight from the packet, and sometimes the interviewer would ask follow-up questions. But I think for the most part, everyone gets the same questions since they utilize a packet.

Good luck to everyone!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Target and why these positions?
When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Describe a time you have to work under stress. What was the outcome?
Tell me a little about your past experience.
What would your former colleagues or teacher say about you?
Explain a time when you were busy and needed to prioritize the tasks ahead of you.
How long do you plan on working with us?
  Answer Question