Target

Updated Nov 25, 2014
4,458 Interview Reviews

2.8

Food Ave Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Relatively easy when you're going for a team member position. Definitely take you if you know how to count from 1-1000. Team members drop like fly's, so many people can get hired especially during the holidays.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a group and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Backroom Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

*This will probably be the most thorough interview experience you will find on here for the Backroom position.*

I received a call four days prior to submitting my online application. The man on the phone from Target was very nice; all in all I was only on the phone for about 5 minutes. He asked why I wanted to work at Target, discussed my availability, went over the pay, and asked if I could come in for an in-store interview the very next day.

I showed up 15 minutes early, went to costumer service, and told them I was there for an interview. The lady at costumer service knew my interview time and asked for my name. After that, she told me to sit on a bench till the person interviewing me came out.

I sat there for almost 10 minutes until someone showed up. The kind lady took me into the office area and thoroughly explained the job I applied for, then began with the interview. She made sure I was up to speed with everything and asked if I had any questions. Hearing how long she has worked at Target was actually inspiring and it was nice to know she could potentially be one of my bosses. That interview lasted about 10 minutes.

I was then directed back out to costumer service to do an assessment. After finishing the assessment, a man walked out to take me back into the office area to watch a video about working at Target. That took less than 5 minutes.

My second interview followed soon after the video, and it was very similar to the first one, containing similar questions and the same description about the job I applied for. At the end of the second interview, the man offered me the job. I happily accepted.

The third and final interview was very quick, it was pretty much going over the job offer information and the whole process of doing a drug test. This was my first interview for a retail store so I was surprised how down to earth everyone was.

Interview Questions
    Scheduling is very negotiable. I was surprised how flexible they can be with you.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process for the interview is a little bit different than other retail employers. I had to interview with a total of 3 different people. My initial interview was at 10:00am, then I had another interview at 10:15, and the last one around 10:45am. All of the interviewers asked the same question just in a different way. It was very interesting but I believe the interviewers wanted to see if the potential employee was going to change their answers during the interviews. There was also a personality assessment that you can take at the store or online before you come. After my three interviews I was offered the job and started my training for the position the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process is the most difficult but not hard because of the similarity of questions.   Answer Question
    I asked was the pay negotiable but it was not due to the position being seasonal.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

1 round, on campus interview. My school is Target's bias, so we dont have to go through many interviews. Apply online, then interview, then got the job. Interview is not hard, just make sure to know about the Target culture, then highlight why you are a great fit

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just talk normally with the team member there. They are Sr. mgr   Answer Question

Soflines Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I was called for an interview about three weeks after I submitted my application.When I went to the interview I had to take a personality tests along with other candidates and we had to watch a target info video over and over again.. and then I was called to be interviewed with the first manager and basically it was where I had to tell them about my experience handling people.I used my high school experience since this was my first job but the manager gave you plenty of time to think of your answer and he was really nice and friendly.Then I had to go back to the room with the other candidates until I was called for my second interview which was about 5 minutes later.This time I was interviewed by two executive team members ad they asked me a few basic questions about my personality etc..I was sent back to the room and another etl called me to their room to tell me that I was hired and I would have to take a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn about Target from watching the Video?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

I scheduled first interview at the career fair for my university. The interview was over the phone with a recruiter. She asked situational based questions like "tell me about a time you made a big mistake and how you handled it" or "tell me about a time that you used leverage to get someone to do something you wanted them to do". I was called about a second interview about a week later. The second interview was back to back with the third - Human Resource Manager and District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use effective communication.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

The process took a long time. While the initial interviewing process was done within 2 weeks, it took them almost a month to let me know when my orientation date was. They then called me in and told me that the orientation was the next day. This did not give me much time to move around my schedule for this new position. It was very unprofessional and inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself growing within this organization? How?   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate. offered me minimum wage and then sent me on my way to get a drug test.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

It was very standardized. They called me and asked me why I wanted to work for Target, and then gave me a date for an interview. I went wore a red shirt and nice dress pants and I had an interview with a team leader. It was very straightforward asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions. Just be really friendly and make sure your examples have a beginning middle and end (that's part of what they rate it upon), and by that I mean give some background, and then tell what you did, and then the conclusion of that.

So, at the end of that interview he said that he really liked me and would refer me for a second interview, before that I had to go to a hiring kiosk and take a 20 question survey about what I thought was the worst and best possible ways to handle situations. Always pick the ones were it says you would go to your supervisor and the worst ones would be anything with confronting someone.

After that a manager comes and takes you for your second interview, basically asks the same questions, I would suggest trying to give different examples, though I didn't. They also asked two important questions, first, what would you do if we didn't have a shoe a guest was looking for. The answer is to say that you would apologize and check to see if we had any in the back, or at another store for them. Really focus on trying to make the customer happy. The second question was if an item rang up as 19.99 and the guest said it was 17.99, what would you do. This is very important!! You would apologize and then trust the guest and give it to them for 17.99! This is the absolute correct answer. Target believes its better to lose that 2 dollar difference rather than the whole sale.

Executive Store Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Both interviews were over the phone.
    The first interview was logistical. Asked why I was interested in retail and my experience from my resume. Then the interviewer asks "tell me about a time.." questions (about 5). After, I was told I had another interview
    The second interview was mainly "tell me about a time..." questions.

I did not get offered any more interviews after that one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and a professional other disagreed.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

A round of four, phone interview, and another one. Then after that, a schedule face to face interview with District Leader and store leader. They basically ask you the same questions that they asked during the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made and how did you correct it?   Answer Question