Target

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker
DeKalb, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions, nothing hard. Just be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time when"...... Conducted by HR and a Group Leader who most are very friendly. Make sure to smile and be up beat, it's Target's culture.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Albany, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple, I was placed in a room where others were waiting to be interviewed, and initially I thought that it would be a group interview. However, that was not the case. They called you back one by one and you were first interviewed by a TL or Team Member and then if they liked you, they would ask you to go back and wait to be called again for a second interview (which would be done from the Manager). After that, they will tell you if they liked you or not, and I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – There wasn't any real difficult questions, they were your typical behavioral type such as: "Tell me about a time where you worked as a team to accomplish a goal" or "what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" "If a guest told you that the price of the item was 7.99 verses 9.99, what would you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the offering pay was $9 per hour and after seasonal, it increased to $9.25

Operational Group Leader Interview

Operational Group Leader
Denton, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – long and in depth interview. Had to take a online math test prior to on site. After 2 phone interviews I was asked to go to Denton for on site. Interview went well and the people were very friendly. They ended up giving job to a current target employee over me. I understand their reasoning as they stated during the interview they try to hire in house as much as possible.

Interview Question – I don't think any of the questions were really difficult. Expect a lot of "tell me about a time when" questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process at Target is about 3 weeks. First week you will be going through some aptitude test, verbal reasoning, logical, math and intelligence tests. Second week if you pass you will go through a panel where they will ask you mostly standard interview questions like your strengths and weaknesses, and what do you want to be after five years. And the third weeks is about contract details and meeting the staff. A good way to prepare for the interview is using career and selection books or there are some app's like (the aptitude interview) app in appstore.

Interview Question – At the second week i got a question from the panel interview and it was like sell me your dream, any dream of yours?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Some basic questions. Why do you want to work for this company? What major challenges and problems did you face? and how did you handle them? What are your key strengths and weaknesses? Are you over qualified for this job?

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Overnight Flow Team Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A couple days after I applied, I received a call for an interview later on that evening. I originally applied to be a cashier but was asked if I would like to interview as an overnight flow team member. Two days later I was given a job offer. I started orientation a couple days afterwards.

Interview Question – What was a mistake you made and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview 1st and then the next step is in store interview. Relatively difficult for whatever reason and a lot of questions. (10 to be exact). Most of the questions revolved around teamwork and the beginning questions were easy, but as the interview continued, unexpected questions arose. Also in the middle of the interview the interviewer had to randomly include the duties of the front line clerk because of Target policies. I wish I got the job but I think I did poorly in my interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were part of a team effort. There were others but I can't remember.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Sales Floor Team Leader
Harrisonburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview process is structural. You interview with the department (or Executive TL) manager first and then with Store TL (or Store Manager). I believe the new hiring process after 2012 also has you interview with the District Manager as well. Be prepared because they do grill you on facts of the company mission and sales for the department youre interviewing for.

Interview Question – None. A lot of the questions are retail based and if you have enough experience in retail, most of it should be logical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate salary but give you an upfront hourly rate. But I had not much experience when I had interviewed. I'm sure its based on experience as well when they are willing to negotiate with you.

Sourcing/Merchandise Specialist Interview

Sourcing/Merchandise Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The whole process was completed in 3 weeks. First, I had an initial phone screening with basic interview questions. In addition, they made sure I knew how to answer behavioral interview questions and use the SAR method. The in person interview took a whole morning. It consisted of an tour of the headquarter campus and 2 in-person interview. They lasted about 30 minutes and had 3 behavioral interview question. Most scenario questions were basic and straightforward.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you did not get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation, but it is an entry level position

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member
Taunton, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – Take your time with the online application & assessment. Stores usually have openings year round. Be your professional self on phone interview and in-person interview with store HR manager. There is a drug screening.

Interview Question – The name of the game is servicing the guests. Be yourself and answer questions with the customer in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Scheduling was very flexible to fit my part time needs. I was expecting a stronger starting wage from a classy company and market leader. You will get solid raises if you are a quality and flexible worker who goes the extra mile.