Target

Updated Nov 19, 2014
4,421 Interview Reviews

2.8

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

You have three different interviews.
    First: department supervisor
    Second: store manager
    Third: district manager

>Tell me a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a specific goal.
    >something about multi-tasking
    >prioritizing task

It was a fairly easy interview, make sure you are detail oriented when answering these questions

All of these interviews are the same, BBI/STAR based question

No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went through collegiate recruiting process. STL interview followed by Recruiter interview, followed by a store visit and shadow, followed by a drug test, followed by an interview with the DTL. The interview I had with the DTL had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. I was cut off in my interview because they had to go and wasn't able to fully finish it. Also, they picked up the phone yawning and didn't seem to care at all about any of my answers.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and then went through a series of phone interviews and in store interviews. The questions were mostly the same for all interviews just worded a bit differently. Try and give different examples to show yourself as a comprehensive person.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Finally got a call from Target, after months since I applied. The interview process was easy, nice people who did the interviewing. Basic questions, Why do you want to work for Target? Availability is and or could be based on if you really want the job/get hired. If you are knowledgable and friendly and have open availability you pretty much got the job.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I applied on Saturday, got a call on Monday, went in on Tuesday and got hired that same afternoon on the spot. The interview was very easy, they call you and ask your background history, work history. You come in for one on one interview and you meet with two people who ask you similar questions and your availability. The more flexible you are, the more likely they are to hire you. Just be friendly and honest. Try to be confident and they will notice you.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions off a list that were very straight forward
      1) Why target?
      2) Past experience related to this job
      3) A time you had to multitask
      4) A time you had to work as part of a team
      5) A time you made a mistake and how you fixed it
      6) What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      7) If an item cost 17.99 but rang up at 19.99 what would you do?
      8) If a woman asked for an item but it wasn't in stock what would you do?

Be courteous, friendly, and honest and you should be okay.
        View Answer
    No negotiation. Started at $8.50. I'm wondering if I should have negotiated!!

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Took about 5 days for them to contact after I submitted online application. Interviewers were friendly. Be prepared before interview, go through comments on here and it's basically the same questions. This helped me so we weren't staring at each other while I thought of a response.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I attended my university's career and applied for a full-time position through my university. I was selected as an alternate for first round interviews. A spot opened up and I attended first rounds. The first round consisted of 4 behavioral (STAR) questions. It was very straight-forward and easy. I had other offers outstanding and the recruiters were very helpful and got back to me within a week. I attended final rounds a week ahead of schedule (again very helpful with my timeline). Final rounds were a super day from 9:15 am - 5 pm. Super day consisted of an analyst panel, guest speaker, building tour, lunch with management, 2 30 min interviews (4 behavior questions each), and a networking reception to wrap up the day.

Your final round interviewers tee you up for their business area. My interviewer told me at the reception that he really wanted me to work in his division. If you can voice your preferences early (on campus, ect), you have a better shot of interviewing with them and moving into their division.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were passionate about achieving a goal   View Answer

Distribution Center Logistics Interview

Phone interview for fit, online aptitude exam and personality test, then in-office interview. Went well, very accommodating. Ended up chatting with recruiter about other locations...none were very good but DC's usually aren't. They reimburse for travel and expenses.

Interview Questions
    • The usual, why are you good for this job. Greatest flaw. Greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Merchadiser Interview

I was at the store for a very long time, took up an entire day. I ended up doing 3 different interviews back to back all in the same day. I ended up getting the job but it seemed like a really long process just to unload trucks and stock merchandiser.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Was not prepared for the time it took to finish though.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took about a week. They called me for a phone interview. After that they asked me to come in for an in person interview. The questions were pretty basic and simple. "What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses" " Why do you want to work for Target". The interviewer was nice and pretty straightforward.