Target Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went fast and easy. Only a couple of questions they ask and they are pretty easy. When you don't know what to say they will help you out or skip the question and cone back to it.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was for a seasonal position. Multiple people were there during the same time. They were called one by one depending on the position they were hired. I was first interview by two different individuals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over all around forty five minutes. I was asked questions very similar to the one asked on here. I would recommend at the end of the first interview when they ask if you have questions, ask them "Do you have any concerns about my qualifications for this position?" This allowed the employer to tell me what they think and provided tips on what I should do for the second interview if they pass you. The second interview is the same except more in details. Basically, prepare for the questions, wear the correct outfit and smile, smile smile!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a situation where you were working with another person you had conflict with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to take initiative in a group situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy because they were paying nine an hour, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal. I got two in person interviews. both had similar STAR method/Behavior question. Overall it was pretty laid back the interviewers where friendly. reading other interviews on glassdoor helped enormously. they pretty much laid out the whole process. my tip would be to prepare anywhere from 5-7 STAR method success stories you can depend on to answer the majority of the questions. Good luck job hunters

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview and painless, it was a two part interview, finished both parts within a week of applying, interviewers were nice, no hassle, gave tips and feedback. Responded well and had great body language

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within two days I received a phone call to schedule an in person interview. The first interview was simple enough. The person was super nice and friendly made me feel relaxed. At the end he informed me I would get a call for my next interview. The same day I received a call. It was during the second interview were it got difficult. The hiring manger was more intimidating and of course my anxiety chocked me. In the end she said they will call. A week later I got an email saying I did not receive the job. The questions are situational and behavioral like tell me a time...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work at Target? Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself? Tell me a time when you exceeded someone else expectation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay I guess. I had to wait for an hour for the interviewer to come see me. She said they were gonna call me back for a second interview,but I doubt since they let me go.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very casual. I talked to two people. They asked a lot of questions. They said I answered them well. When I called to check on the job, they said I was turned down because of the interview.

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

Process was very straightforward and not invasive. I had both of my interviews on the same day and was hired on the spot. There's not much more to say than that. They called and scheduled a time, I showed up, and got hired. Maybe if you didn't force people to write reviews I would have more to say.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time your emotions have affected your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the dollar amount I asked for - which was $3 higher than the national average.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lufkin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to target online. I received a call weeks later to come in for an interview. They told me on the phone before the interview that if I got the job the starting pay would be $9.00 an hour. I told them that I would like a interview so they scheduled me for a Friday at 4. I went in and asked who I needed to see about an interview that I was scheduled for at 4, they directed me to the office to be interviewed, overall the expirence was good, I was nervous being it was my first interview and most of the questions were situational. A tip, if you know anything about the company such as (what a red card is or how they give back to the community.) you will stirke them as you know about the company and educated yourself about them before the interview. So that makes you well prepared. I did not receive an offer that day but she also told me that since it was a weekend that HR would not be there till Monday to see how my interview went but that if my availability and my answers matched what the other mangers wanted to see/ hear then I would be contacted for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a teacher/manger say some of your strengths are? When was a time you used your positive attitude to turn a situation that was going wrong into a good situation? Explain a time you had to work someone you did not like/ agree with but had to remain professional with? Explain a time someone asked you to stop working on a task to do something else and what you did and how it made you feel? Explain a time you had to ask someone with more expirence than you to help you with a task?   Answer Question