Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
4,250 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Target - Hiring Process for Target Sales Floor/Cashier
    Sales-Cashier
    Easy process
    1st call for schedule
    basic question from resume
    Applied Online
    Interview one on one with 2 managers
    fast process
    Interview-just asked questions about your experience in your resume.
    Any challenges you faced.

Executive Team Leader - Hardlines Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

All of the questions were Situation Based Questions designed to measure competency within the 4 main designations of Target's Leadership areas. I had to answer at least 4 questions for each area.

Interview Questions
    • I had to answer a couple of questions related to managing a team, being able to plan out a complicated schedule and manage execution within changing circumstances.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate for any additional pay.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and was called for an interview a few days later. The initial interview with the store manager was very easy and only took about an hour to finish. All I had to do was give honest answers about myself and my qualities. The hiring managers really want to get to know you to see how you will fit in the company. So, don't feel shy about shining a light on yourself and what makes you a good person!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you consulted with another person about a decision you needed to make and the outcome affected their work patterns.   Answer Question

Target ETL Logistics Interview

Round Robin interviews, 4 total. First two with STL, Second with DTL and last a phone interview with the group. All situation type questions. Wear business professional clothing. Have an upbeat personality that is what they look for. Fast Fun Frienly is their motto. They will set up the next interview the same day. Drug test required within 24 hours of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Worked for the company as a pharmacy intern. Received an email to apply with the company for a pharmacist position. Eventually got a call for an interview 2 months later. The interviewer had never interviewed a pharmacy candidate before and essentially my future career with target was based on 4 questions. It was not a pleasant experience like interviewing for my internship was.

Distribution Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The hiring process is pretty standard. I applied and heard back within two weeks. The interview was very laid back and had textbook behavioral based questions. When I came in to interview, I interviewed in front of two different groups of executives. Both interviews had similar themed questions. My advice would be to save certain responses and personal experience stories because you will be speaking to two sets of people for approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a situation where I failed at a particular task.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

All situational/behavior based questions- so all questions like explain a time where you failed or explain a time where you had to provide excellent customer service. it was pretty straight forward and the guys were really nice. not stressful at all- just have a few topics/situations to talk about beforehand

Cashier Interview

Very easy process, typical interview questions. They always do a phone interview first, then schedule an in-person interview for about a week later. The in-person interview didn't take more than 15 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot pending drug test results. There is a high turnover rate (at least at the store I worked at), so they are almost constantly hiring, especially during back to school and holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but they do ask situational questions that make you think a little.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, first interview was fairly easy with simple behavioral questions such as give me a time when you had to build a relationship with a boss. Second interview was pretty much the same, third gave far more complex questions but was structured similarly. The final interview was on site.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you changed your day to day activities because of a long term goal.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

They just called today. It is interesting how fast this all went. I applied today in the morning and about two hours I'v got a call from them, it was a simple phone interview and as i applied for three positions they asked which one do I prefer. After answering some simple questions we scheduled a second phone interview for tomorrow. Hope this one will go as good as this one today.