Target

Updated Feb 24, 2015
4,760 Interview Reviews

2.8

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I was called almost two weeks after I applied online, they asked me to take assessment test and got in two interviews with different people asking similar questions then got offered a job with $8 a hour would call me back about orientation. They were really nice and were aware that I have a hearing disability. No drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would deal in the situation with the coworkers to complete the task?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and the interview process took one day , but one whole day. They were quite slow. When i went in I had to complete an assessment and i waited for a few minutes until i was interviewed by a lady who has been there for 15 years. In then moves on to another interview with the hr manager.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Based Questions , strengths and weaknesses. What would your previour employer say about you   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Several interviews using the SBO method. State the Situation, state the Behavior and state the Outcome. The interviewer may dig deeper and ask more questions based off of your specific answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision very quickly?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I had two interviews. They then said they would call me within a week if I got the position, in 5 days I received an email from them saying I wasn't hired. I think it was because I was kind of nervous or they just didn't like me. I have a lot of experience so idk.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

All questions were behavioral questions. You need to describe the situation and what you did to improve the outcome. I actually like those questions because they test my logical and communication skills. As a pharmacist, it is important to be able to communicate efficiently with the customers and other healthcare professionals

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where something unexpected happened and what you did to fix the situation.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

4 Telephone Interview and Online Questions that were based on decisions in given managerial situations. Have questions prepared to ask interviewer. Have stories in STAR model ready. Do research on Target's mission.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied on line and then got a call asking if I was still interested in the job and they wanted to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later and then scheduled the in person interview a few days later. At the in person interview, I went to the store I applied for and was led upstairs to the break area to wait. I was then shown a video about the position I was applying and asked to take a test that had some math problems dealing with some graphs and charts. The interview itself was fairly easy. They asked a few questions that I had found out about from reading other reviews here so I had an answer ready for each one. And it also helped that the guy interviewing me was very easy to talk to. And then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths & weakness? Why do you want to work for Target? Name a time you went above & beyond. Name a time you were part of a team effort. And name a time you made a mistake, what did you do & what was the outcome? And the two Target store questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, just this is what the position pays. You either accept it or don't.

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Took about 3 days after submitting an application to get called in for an interview. Had to do another questionnaire at the store on one of the computers then went in for the interview. I had two interviews, the first was with a lead sales floor member and the second was with a hiring manager, they ask basic interview questions and it isn't a long interview. They told me I would hear back within the next 7 days so hoping it went as well as I feel it did.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you worked in a team and explain the situation?
      Explain a time you went beyond what was expected of you?
      If a customer was lookjng for pair of shoes but there wasn't any in the right size what would you do?
      If an item came up as 19.99 but the customer says it was listed as 17.99 how would you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Simple interview questions. Name a time, name a situation type questions. Received a phone call a week after I applied online. The person I spoke to asked if I wanted to interview for a higher position being that I have a degree. Had an interview with STL.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situations where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

phone interview. then face to face. then one more face to face interview. was very basic interview as i was trying to be an overnight stocker. they will go over your resume and it is a very basic interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you rung something up at 19.99 and the customer said it was 17.99   View Answer

Found another job opportunity