Target Interview Questions

2.8

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I was contacted by telephone a few days after submitting my application. I ended up going in for two interviews, and was given paperwork for a drug test at the end of the second interview. After my drug test came back negative, they called me and set up my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • They had me interview one-on-one with three different people; it was all pretty straight-forward. The most difficult question was probably "what is your biggest weakness?" This was my first job interview, so I didn't really know what to expect and that one caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Was highered right on the spot. Had 2 small interviewers and 1 meet with the leader of the area I will be working at. I'm almost certain that I got hired for having an open availability, but then get 20 hours 2 weeks in advance pre-scheduled hours. The hours are so random and all over the place, time will only tell.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

First spoke to them at my university's job fair. They started of by telling me to talk about myself, literally an interview to see if you are capable of communicating efficiently. After the woman saw I described myself and my life well enough, she sent me to another woman where she greeted me and we worked on establishing an interview date. 2 weeks later, at the interview they asked me, again, to talk about myself, then they asked me behavioral questions, like what did you do when you had a certain issue at work, how did you handle it, or what if you have to get something done on time, you are way behind and its due the next day, what would you do? then the interviewer talked about his role, his life with target, and finally asked me if I had any questions, you should have some questions ready for them. Also, he asked me about my gpa, my past job, what my current salary was. (which you do NOT have to answer) because they are going to use it against you afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem at work, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

I met the recruiter at the career fair and loved Target instantly! She seemed super friendly and interested in what I had to say. I had an interview set up and the STL who interviewed me was awful. She was not interested in what I had to say, did not ask me any questions, and not to mention slouched in her chair or bothered to stand up to shake my hand after the interview. I could not care less if I don't get asked back for a second round... This was the most awkward and unprofessional interview.

Senior Manager Distribution Interview

Very professional process. First had phone screen with recruiter - mostly administrative and employment fact-based, with one or two "tell me about a time..." questions. Recruiter was pretty thorough in describing the role, and shared good insights about the latest environment at Target.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with conflict with a peer   Answer Question

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

There can be up to two to three interviews for one position, so be prepared. They can turn you down at any point of the interview process. It's based on situational based outcome questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a boss.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Process took a couple months. Met recruiter at a career fair. Had 3 rounds of interviews. First was a panel of 3 people. Second was with district Manager. Third was over the phone with group manager. All questions were situation based. "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided feedback to someone about their performance.   Answer Question

Resteraunt Weitress Interview

It was a great job it was very easy nothing difficult. The employees were nice people especially my boss. It was great working there but sometimes it was a little too hard.

Interview Questions

Because it was too early and I still studied in high school so I knew it wouldn't of worked out.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

It was very easy going and everyone was very friendly. I got there and I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers, was given a tour of the store, and asked about what department I would like to work in. About a week or so later I got a phone call to come back in to talk about what kind of job I would be working and how long training would be.

No negotiation, but it was one of my first jobs so I was just happy to be getting paid.

ETL - Hardlines Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Go hired through internship. The interview process was evaluating my performance during my internship. I also worked on a project and presented on my research at the end of my internship to the top executives.