Target Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2014
4,049 interviews

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

You start off watching a little video and doing a survey. Just the basic questionaire to see if you're not totally insane then they'll process that and wait. Someone comes and gives you an interview. The questions are really basic, anything you can find online. But my tip is to refer some of your answers to the short video they make you watch.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Applied on a monday, got called on a Wednesday for an interview on Thursday.
    Was told to go to a kiosk to fill out some answers, then was taken inside with another interviewee, then we watched a 5 minute video.
    The other interviewee was sent in to interview 1x1, 10 minutes later she came out and was on her way. Then I came in, he asked 3 questions, interview lasted about 15min. Then he left and when he returned he sent me to the HR manager and she interviewed me. She asked me what position I would like, sent me out, then another lady came out and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why target?   View Answer
    • If a guest was asking for help with shoes, and they were no longer in stock, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Apply online. I got a call telling me to come in for an interview. Had to reapply at the store and go through 2 interviews. One was the front manager the other was the store manager. They asked mainly star type interview questions but I was prepared because I practiced.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

they use the STAR method... like what you would do in certain situations, how you would react if someone did this or to you. Some are kinda strange questions but i guess its just to see how you answer so they get a idea who you are. If you are not sure what STAR means just look it up on the net it will give you some ideals and questions so you can prepare.

Interview Questions
    • if there is anything you could change about were I worked what would it be.   Answer Question
    didn't have one

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I got a call from Target on August 11th, 2014 after submitting an application online. She scheduled a phone interview the next day at 10am. They asked about being apart of a team, how I would prioritize tasks and how I went out of my way to help someone. They also confirmed availability. I scheduled an in-person interview for August 14, 2014. They asked pretty much the same questions but she asked about what if an item rang up as a different price.

Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Received a call from a woman controling questions to receive yes or no answers, then made me an interview appt. The interview was upstairs in accounting office by two women. There was a mix up on days availability. They asked the toughest question: what is the worse mistake you ever made at work? I was looking for a full time position, but they ignored this from day one, and instead only
    offered me $8.20 per hour and only 12 hours per week with an unfixed shift either morning, afternoon, evenings to change every pay period. The money would not pay for a babysitter, and would force anyone to lean on others for help not to mention the obligation to changing shifts would still not pay the rent with such an arrangements. They hire people with no obligations except for school, or those on social security benefits that have to watch their hours. I real struggle.

Interview Questions

12 hours at 8.20 per hour with mandatory changing shifts would not allow me to get a second job. Target wants to own their employees but not pay them to keep the electricity on.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watertown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Seasonal position interview took two sittings with two different interviewers. Attitudes towards Target and why do you want to work there was the first. Second question was set of Behavioral questions. How did you react to a tough situation, ethics, moral and challenging types of questions. The orientation process was very good, video and computer based training. A HR representative works on the overnight shift as well so no new hires should ever feel as if they are alone.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about Target? Please Note: This was prior to the data breach
      I love/d Target
        View Answer
    No negotiation at all 9.25 hour 1 hour differential after 10pm. Period, take it or leave it.

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Went through a phone screen and 3 half hour on site interviews with hiring manager, Key group manager, and director. It was behavioral based and interviewers read through questions given to them by HR. It's not a very good interview process and felt rushed. You can't possibly get to know an applicant in 30 min. Also rooms were dull and dated.

Interview Questions
    • Very formal and straight by the book behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you led a team, had to deal with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

All you need to do is be able to do explain all experience you have. This allows the hiring manager probably place you in the most appropriate location in the store. Other than that the drug test is very important to pass and dress probably for all in store interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is how to handle your self with the public in a proper manner because being involved with customer service is very nerve racking.   Answer Question
    Not really the only negotiation is position. The pay will not change based on school or work experience

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Phone interview, In person with 3 store management leaders, behavioral based interview, once hired you will attend a 4 week training at a store location along with training along side a member of leadership for several weeks.