Target Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
4,971 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (La Habra, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was very lengthy but they make you feel comfortable through the entire process. I had 5 interviews, one was an intial screening, the next was with an STL and ETL, the next was with another ETL, the next was with a DTL, and the final was with an HR market leader. They ask you behavioral questions. All of the interviews asked me to tell a little about myself as well as why I want to work for Target. They give you all the info you need to prepare for the interview, and after each interview, I was actually told, you're moving on to the next round so there was no suspense. They either like you or they don't. Once I had my final interview with the HR market leader, about 2 hours later I received an email from initial HR person with a job offer. Salary was more than what I asked for and the benefits were ideal. I accepted the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to plan and execute a task and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for target   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had conflict on the job and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online, you'll be contacted about setting a time for a phone interview.

STAR feedback or bust. If you cant answer promptly in STAR, the interview wont last long.
    Have your "tell me about a time" answers ready to go and even then you'll need help.

Even if you generically answer in STAR, it's not good enough.
    The interviewer wont understand unless you actually say the words "situation", "task", "action", and "result".

Interview Questions

• "Tell me when you collaborated with another team to achieve a goal"   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Goldsboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application. The next morning someone called me in for an interview for the following Friday. I show up ten minutes early at Guest Service and they tell me to go wait inside the coffee shop and someone will be with me shortly.

After waiting AN HOUR I approach the people at Guest Services again to make sure I wasn't forgotten about. The girl behind the counter was very nice and after checking for me, another girl came out and apologized and said the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't EVEN THERE!! And that the other person who was going to interview me got tied up in the back.

She asked me if I could come back on Monday....Today is Monday and I plan on editing or resubmitting my interview info.

To be honest, it made me wonder about how they treat their employees. I was waiting all that time and feel like it would have only taken a moment for someone to let me know about the mix-up instead of just letting me sit there. MY TIME is valuable too. At the same time, it would appear they do need help so maybe they can be more organized.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

They called about a week after submitting my application and asked about my availability and if I had any upcoming vacations. They then told me what the job paid ($9/hr) and asked if I was still interested. They then scheduled a phone interview for the following week which I just completed. The phone interview was only about five minutes and she seemed in a rush to get off the phone, so I'm not sure I'll be contacted for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker or peer? How would your past supervisors describe you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Sunday morning (April 2015) and got a call back later on that afternoon from HR. I called them back and had a phone interview. They asked me questions like why did I want to work at Target? What does the 3 F's (Fun, Fast, and Friendly) mean to me? Do I have any experience working with the position (cashier) I am applying for? What is my availability? If they were to call my previous employers, what would they say my strengths and weakness are?
    After I answered those questions the lady asked me if I would be able to come in on Tuesday for a in store interview, which I said yes. I got to the store around 10:50am and waited for about 10 minutes and then the lead lady in HR came out and got me. We went into their interview room and we started off with the questions. The questions were about my past work history and behavioral situations; the interview went pretty well I would say. The lady then asked me if there was any other jobs I was interested in besides being a cashier, I said Guest Services and she said that was basically the same thing. She then said that she thinks I would be good working in HR and so she asked me some questions about HR and then she told me I was going to take a assessment test. The assessment test was 20 questions and they were the same questions but they were just which was the best and worst. I then waited for another 20 minutes until they took me up to there training room to watch a 10 minute video. I then shadowed a guy who worked in HR to see how I would like it and if I would get a good vibe from it. I did that for about 10 minutes and then waited another 10 minutes for another female to come in and interview me. The second interview took about 10 minutes and it was basically the same questions just re worded. Then 5 minutes later the first lady who interviewed me and offered me the position as a Cashier which I applied for in the beginning. They told me it would take 48 hours to do the background check and gave me my letter for the job offer and told me they would call me once they set up an orientation date and to come in khaki's, red plain shirt and shoes.

Interview Questions

• 1. If we were to call your previous job, what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are?
      2. Explain a time when you worked with a co worker who you did not get along with and how did you work through it?
      3. What is something you think you could work on?
      4. Would you feel comfortable trying to get a guest to sign up for a red card?
      5. Tell me about a time when you had a job duty to finish but a guest came up and needed your help, how did you handle that?
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to deliver difficult news?

Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed

Clinic Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online, received a call from Target's Human resource as few days later to set up an interview. Also had a phone interview with a Nurse practitioner. At one point during the interview, I took a personality/skill quiz. After the interview you are given a salary, and you have 24 hours to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe a time a customer asked for your help and you weren't able to help them?
      Why are you interested in this job?

Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call a few days later and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and was asked to wait. I waited about ten minutes until someone finally came and took me into an office. I did the interview and was asked to wait in the break room for the second interview. I waited about fifteen minutes until the same person from the first interview came back and said there wasn't time to do the second interview. They told me to expect a call, but instead I got an email saying they could not offer be the position at this time.

Honestly, because I didn't get to do the second part of the interview, I felt a little bit cheated. It was about lunch time, so I couldn't help but wonder if the person doing my second interview was out at lunch.

Interview Questions

• A time you were asked to do something and went beyond expectation?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Behavioral questions. To me about a time.... When you made a mistake... When you didn't have strong backing for your idea... When you had massive information you needed to work with... When you had to deliver constructive feedback... When you had a difficult person to work with... Be prepared to provide Situation, behavior, outcome.

Senior Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by 3 interviews; 2 interviewers per interview. Called back for a "bless-off" interview a week later. Final offer came about a week after that.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Several brief interviews but most over the phone which was good. I had asked directly about travel and they said basically no travel. When I got to the final, they told me 25-50% travel. Had they been upfront, it would have wasted far less of their time and my time.