Target

2.8

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Behavioral Based Questions , Come Prepared, please do come prepared and be ready for multiple behavioral based questions, it is easier if you study. Good night rest the day before and press onward always. They will schedule an interview near your home, so you do not have to travel to far.

Interview Questions
    • Leadership , Adaptability , Customer Service , Google the 50 most asked interview questions and study from those as well , it will be very helpful . . . interviewer was very nice and I was very young so yeah, just study and your will be fine.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I arrived early, like 20 min. or so there were two other people and they called us in separately. They asked me questions then they told me they would contact me soon. Then I left.

Distribution Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went to a career fair on college grounds. Talked to a recruiter and had an interview the next day. Three behavioral questions and that was it. Was kind of difficult because you had to impress the interviewer with only three questions. Did a pretty job. Got back to me in a week and passed the first round and was supposed to go do on-site interview. Have yet to hear back from them. Overall, process was simple and ok.

Senior Target Protection Specialist Interview

Interview process was simple. Already worked for Target and excelled at what I did. Had and interview with the ETL-AP and store manager and was hired the day I had the interview and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty for your work?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online. I got a call for an interview and they asked why I would like to work for them. I arrived and you answer questions on a kiosk first. So arrive early enough to do that.(10-20 mins) Went to a room for the interview. After the interviewer said they'll contact you in a few days whether you didn't get it or you need to have a second interview with their manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell me when you....(such as worked in a team to achieve a goal/helped someone without needing to)
      They'll ask if you have any questions throughout the interview.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Just one casual interview with behavioral questions. My interviewer was a nice lady that wanted to see what I knew about the company. Then she talked to me about the company and what she does and how she got there.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

First off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted their interview experiences here, I definitely credit reading all of these to helping me get the job! If you're here because you're about to have an interview, if you read up here I think you'll do just fine (:

Allow me to also mention that the position I applied for was seasonal, but it doesn't seem like the interviewing process is any different at all.

When I applied for Target online, I was also applying for many other places, so I can't be sure how long it took for them to call me, but it was at least a week. They called me on a Monday, but I missed it and I called them back on a Tuesday. We set up a phone interview for 11am on Wednesday. On Wednesday, however, they didn't call me at the time they said (on the phone they did say this was a possibility, but to call the store after 15 minutes). I decided to give them an extra 30, and was about to call them around 11:30 when they called me. The phone interview was not with who I was told it was going to be, which of course is fine but gave me a bit of a look at how hectic of a workplace it may be.

The phone interview was 7 questions, asking things such as strengths and weaknesses, what my previous boss/coworkers thought of my work, a time where I went above and beyond at work, a time I worked as a team, a time where I worked in a time crunch, and questions about my availability. After I finished all the questions, the interviewer (who I found out is the Team Leader, so it may be the same in your case) told me she would recommend me for a second interview, and told me I'd be getting a call within the next week to schedule an in-person interview with an executive (sounds a bit intimidating, but it wasn't!). I got a call on Friday to schedule my second interview the following Monday.

When I got to the store, I was told to take a questionnaire on the in-store kiosks, which was about 20 questions long and very similar to the online application. I don't really remember any of them, but they were multiple choice, composed of scenario based questions and you had to chose the best response and the worst response for that situation. It was really easy. After the questionnaire I was told to go upstairs and let HR know I was there. I ended up waiting for about 30 minutes, because the managers ended up taking a late lunch, but after reading these reviews I expected to wait a while.

The interview was fairly easy, with pretty much the same questions as the phone interview, just reworded. They also asked me the same "What would you do if" questions they asked everyone else, about the out of stock shoe size and the customer who claimed the item was $17 when it rings up for $19 (A lot of people on glassdoor have said to just trust the customer, and my answer was something along the lines of 'trust the customer if it's not a big deal, if it is a great amount then ask another employee to check the price in a way that doesn't sound like i don't trust the customer' but all in all, i couldn't really tell what answer they were looking for). She asked if I was interested in hardlines or softlines, so have an idea of what area you'd like to work in before your interview (at the store I was applying to, hardlines is simply the tiled parts of the floor and softlines is the carpeted part of the floor. Softlines was clothes, hardlines was everything else). If you truly aren't sure at the time, I was told that you are able to transfer after you've decided, but it's possible that that's only at that particular Target. I was told I did well in the interview, and that when I went back in the break room, I would be job offered on the spot.

During my job offering, I was told it'd be $8.50 an hour, and I would not be drug tested (though this seemed a bit unusual, so expect a drug test). I was told I'd have an orientation within a few weeks.

Overall I had a very good experience, even though I was very nervous!

Interview Questions
    • If you read the questions they asked other people in the reviews on glassdoor, you'll be fine (:   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I wasn't planning to either way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Applied through the website. Got a call two weeks later to set up a phone interview with a team leader. Got asked a few general questions and about two or three behavioral questions. Got a second interview and went into the store. Got asked about 3 behavioral questions again & was told about the position & requirements. Got the job on the spot. Took a drug test right after. Overall, average interview. Good practice for other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went beyond expectations to help someone.   Answer Question
    None

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target.

There was no interview because 4 days after submitting my application online, I got an email saying they had no positions available. Meanwhile all the Target's in my area were hiring, turns out they wanted grave workers....If they wanted certain employees they should've been clear.

Interview Questions
    • Do you agree with politicians of today?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I was brought into an office and interviewed by two of the leaders from target. Each one of them asked me a round of questions and then a few scenarios and what I would do if I were in a certain situation. Within each interview a lot of the questions were the same, only they were worded differently.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Target?
      If a guest needs help finding a shoe size and you don't work in shoe department, what do you do?
      Tell me of a time that you exceeded someones expectations.
      Tell me about yourself