Target Interview Questions

5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Had to interview with multiple people on campus. They sort through resumes they receive through career fairs and hold on-site interviews. Straight forward behavioral questions. Asks a lot about challenges, when you had experiences leading others, what you are most proud of.

Interview Questions

Interview

fairly difficult three step process where they asked behavioral questions. would definitely recommend doing some practice questions before or you will fail simple, make sure u know why you wanna work there and what u will benefit from it. this is a great interview process but is fairly difficult so make sure you do your homework.

PD&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target (Savannah, GA).

Interview

The process in general spans over weeks as you interview with multiple people and must take multiple online tests. In 2011 (not sure about nowadays), you were required to take a math test regardless of what position you were applying for. There was a personality assessment and interview questions also pertaining to personality. There were numerous situational questions to assess problem solving skills, leadership, performance under stress, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (La Habra, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was very lengthy but they make you feel comfortable through the entire process. I had 5 interviews, one was an intial screening, the next was with an STL and ETL, the next was with another ETL, the next was with a DTL, and the final was with an HR market leader. They ask you behavioral questions. All of the interviews asked me to tell a little about myself as well as why I want to work for Target. They give you all the info you need to prepare for the interview, and after each interview, I was actually told, you're moving on to the next round so there was no suspense. They either like you or they don't. Once I had my final interview with the HR market leader, about 2 hours later I received an email from initial HR person with a job offer. Salary was more than what I asked for and the benefits were ideal. I accepted the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to plan and execute a task and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for target   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had conflict on the job and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online around March 17-20 . It may have took a week for a call back (March 26), but I ended up missing her call. Called Her back Monday and staff kept giving me the run around saying she wouldn't be in for the day or she was busy. I called one more time (April 1) and got a hold of her set up an interview for the next day. Went in about 15- 20 minutes early, did the questionnaire on the computer which took about 20 minutes. Team leader took me to the back after that and interviewed me. Told me he would talk to the manager about a second interview and "would give me a call."

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Name a time when you had to be a leader, what did you do, how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome?
      Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      How many hours are you available to work?

Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Redmond, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called by HR the following morning. I was asked why I wanted to work at Target and to confirm my availability. I was informed of the open positions, told about the store setup, and then scheduled to come in a few days later for a video presentation, computer questionnaire, and interview.
    I arrived 15 minutes early and waited at Guest Services as directed. They skipped the video due to the viewing room being occupied for a meeting and I was led to and left at a computer to fill out a similar questionnaire as is on the online application.
    Afterwards I was directed to my first interview. It went great and the woman said she was going to get me into the second interview immediately and tell the interviewer how great it went. I was feeling very confident until the second interview.
    I immediately felt judged by this young woman who had an heir of superiority about her.
    Almost every question in both interviews was asking you to describe situations from the past where you showed this quality or solved this conflict, etc. I have a large gap in employment due to having to move back home to take care for my ill mother until her passing and I have not worked in over 2 years. I feel that this was CLEARLY not taken into consideration. After talking about situations like this in the first interview I then had difficulty in recalling more specific instances and when I tried to generalize the questions it wasn't good enough. Afterwards I was told to wait in the backroom while she went to set up the video viewing for me, so I felt a little more relaxed, especially considering the first interview went splendidly. Wrong. About 10 minutes of waiting later the second interviewer came out and told me that the room was occupied again and that HR would call me if they wanted to set up me coming in to view it. I got that I was rejected when she said the "if". The whole process took 2 hours. Two days later I received an email saying they were not considering me any longer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you showed integrity/solved conflict with an employee you didn't along with/when you had to ask for help/when you had to explain how to do something to another coworker/when you exceeded a customer's expectations/etc.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by someone who I think is a manager, she first described to me the expectations of a cashier at Target and asked if I thought I was cut out for the job. Then she asked me basic interview questions, mostly consisting of telling her about times when I worked well with a group, or how I solved a difficult problem, or how I convinced someone to try/believe in something I was passionate about. She talked to me about the Target redcard as well and asked me if I would be able to convince guests to sign up for one. After I was done interviewing with her I was asked to wait for a second interview. Another lady came and introduced herself to me and asked similar questions. Both people I talked to were friendly and easy to talk with. I was comfortable sharing some details of my life and hobbies throughout the interview. All of the questions are pretty much personal questions that ask about your own experiences in school and work. Just be honest but obviously don't say anything that comes off rude or irresponsible. Overall it was a good experience, even the people in the office area were friendly to me while I waited for the second interview. After the second interview the two people I interviewed with discussed my interview for 10-15 minutes, then I was offered a job. I think if you make it to the second interview you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working in a group and it didn't go as planned.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered a job and an hourly rate and I took it.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Daly City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One interview over the phone and two in person. Both filled with tell me a time/behavior questions. There were a Handful of others doing their interviews as well so my interview proceaa took what I felt was too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when? What did you do about it? What was the result?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online, you'll be contacted about setting a time for a phone interview.

STAR feedback or bust. If you cant answer promptly in STAR, the interview wont last long.
    Have your "tell me about a time" answers ready to go and even then you'll need help.

Even if you generically answer in STAR, it's not good enough.
    The interviewer wont understand unless you actually say the words "situation", "task", "action", and "result".

Interview Questions

• "Tell me when you collaborated with another team to achieve a goal"   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Goldsboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application. The next morning someone called me in for an interview for the following Friday. I show up ten minutes early at Guest Service and they tell me to go wait inside the coffee shop and someone will be with me shortly.

After waiting AN HOUR I approach the people at Guest Services again to make sure I wasn't forgotten about. The girl behind the counter was very nice and after checking for me, another girl came out and apologized and said the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't EVEN THERE!! And that the other person who was going to interview me got tied up in the back.

She asked me if I could come back on Monday....Today is Monday and I plan on editing or resubmitting my interview info.

To be honest, it made me wonder about how they treat their employees. I was waiting all that time and feel like it would have only taken a moment for someone to let me know about the mix-up instead of just letting me sit there. MY TIME is valuable too. At the same time, it would appear they do need help so maybe they can be more organized.