Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – i had two interviews before being hired. one was a phone interview and the other was a face to face interview. they asked typical questions that would expected at every interview

Negotiation Details – this is what you get and that's final

Very Easy Interview

Target Cashier Interview

Target Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A week after turning in my application online, I received a call from HR and set up an over-the-phone interview with one of their team members the next day. At 9 am I received a call from the team member, and it was not what I was expecting. The team member was shouting into the phone and I could barely understand the questions she asked me. She explained to me the job position I was being interviewed for and asked me normal questions like, "Why do you want to work for us? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe to me a time you made a mistake and how did you fit it? Describe to me a time you had to multitask and prioritize, and how did you do it?" Stuff like that. The phone interview took only 8 minutes.

Two weeks later, they scheduled an in-person interview with me. Let's say the man who I was to be interviewed by was named "Joe". I went in early, and waited. It was past my scheduled interview time (20 minutes past) and "Joe" did not show up. Another man, not associated with hiring people for the store at all, interviewed me instead. He led me into a room and asked me, "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses?" After that, for around fifteen minutes he "explained" to me what the Target RedCard was and how awesome it's supposed to be. That was all.

One week later, I was scheduled for another interview with "Joe" at 3:00 pm. At 3:45, "Joe" finally decided to interview me. I used "decided" because he was across the room that I was in, talking and laughing with all of the employees at Target for over an hour, maybe longer. The HR lady informed me that he was having "company" but even the co-workers around me were talking about how loud and how much fun they were having in the room across.

While I waited for "Joe", the other girl that Target was interested in hiring came in and sat by me. Boy, was she under-dressed. Flip flops, cargo pants, and a tank top. I was wearing a nice blouse, nice pants and new shoes, and a cardigan/sweater. She was my only competition.

"Joe" came in and took me to a room and asked me, "I know you've heard this a lot, but why do you want to work here?" After I answered, he asked "What are your strengths and opportunities? (Opportunities = Opportunities to get better at something i.e. weaknesses)" I answered. "Joe" said thank you for coming in and excused me from his office. This final interview lasted five minutes.

Target ended up hiring the girl in flip flops. I do not know if she got a longer interview since she was after me, but I do know they hired her.

The interview process took over a month. I would've thought that there would've been more questions, longer interviews. I thought wrong.

In the end, if you want to work at Target, I guess I could say: It doesn't matter if you dress up for an interview with Target, wear your street clothes and you'll get hired. Also, don't expect much from the interview except for the tremendous time it took to get three interviews with them.

Interview Question – No hard questions, you just have to think back on past experiences you've had and describe to the interviewers what you did in the certain situations they ask you to recall, i.e. explain to me a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Every thing too about a week, i got a phone interview on a Monday. They asked simple questions like Tell me about a time that you had to multitask. Then about 3 days later no one called to tell me that i did not get the job, but they sent me a short email. they did not even explain why i was not being considered.

Interview Question – The questions were simple.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Cypress, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Well the guy who interviewed me was very unprofessional. He answered the phone twice in the beginning of the interview, and then he rarely made eye contact. I handed him my resume and he did not look at it. He asked me questions about what I would do was a cashier and the customers told me the price of an item is completely wrong. I never thought I would get a question like this since I was applying for a backroom member. caught me by surprise.

Interview Question – What would you do if customer states the item that you just rang up is wrong?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker
DeKalb, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions, nothing hard. Just be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time when"...... Conducted by HR and a Group Leader who most are very friendly. Make sure to smile and be up beat, it's Target's culture.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process at Target is about 3 weeks. First week you will be going through some aptitude test, verbal reasoning, logical, math and intelligence tests. Second week if you pass you will go through a panel where they will ask you mostly standard interview questions like your strengths and weaknesses, and what do you want to be after five years. And the third weeks is about contract details and meeting the staff. A good way to prepare for the interview is using career and selection books or there are some app's like (the aptitude interview) app in appstore.

Interview Question – At the second week i got a question from the panel interview and it was like sell me your dream, any dream of yours?   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Overnight Flow Team Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A couple days after I applied, I received a call for an interview later on that evening. I originally applied to be a cashier but was asked if I would like to interview as an overnight flow team member. Two days later I was given a job offer. I started orientation a couple days afterwards.

Interview Question – What was a mistake you made and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very to the point. Starts with self-intro, 'tell me about yourself', then about 4 behavior questions to be answered in STAR format. I was told there are four rounds of interviewing. Advancing only after passing the previous round. I have had two phone interviews, one FaceTime interview and will have another phone interview tomorrow. In order, I have spoken to a corporate recruiter, store manager (store team leader), HR manager (was supposed to speak with district team leader but 'she was called away'). I will speak with regional manager tomorrow so no offer is on the table just yet.

For the questions I wrote out experiences that directly relate to desired qualities for this job. I would recommend having at least 5.

Interview Question – Before the second interview I had to take an assessment. The questions were easy - things about your work behavior. the assessment also included a logic portion that was awful. it was really the only timed portion. I actually enjoyed the questions a lot, but I'm REALLLLY out of practice so I was slow at them - AND you lose points if you don't answer them. I literally only answered half of them and randomly selected the rest. I figured I 'failed' but sure enough I passed to the next round. The logic questions are like: if A costs $50 full price and B has a sale price that is less than A and C is $50 dollars more than A and all sale tickets are $10 less than the original price.....   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview 1st and then the next step is in store interview. Relatively difficult for whatever reason and a lot of questions. (10 to be exact). Most of the questions revolved around teamwork and the beginning questions were easy, but as the interview continued, unexpected questions arose. Also in the middle of the interview the interviewer had to randomly include the duties of the front line clerk because of Target policies. I wish I got the job but I think I did poorly in my interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were part of a team effort. There were others but I can't remember.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Some basic questions. Why do you want to work for this company? What major challenges and problems did you face? and how did you handle them? What are your key strengths and weaknesses? Are you over qualified for this job?