Target

Updated Jan 28, 2015
4,654 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

I got hired right before the holidays for a seasonal position. They needed a lot of help at this location so they interviewed a lot of people and the process went by fairly quickly. I applied online through the Target website and received a call within a week later. The person who called was someone from HR who gave a quick screening, asking questions about my availability and why I wanted to work at Target. We then scheduled an on-site interview within that week. I got interviewed by my team lead and then by her boss. I got hired on the spot. The whole process that day took about 1.5 hours since there were other interviews going on that day.

Interview Questions
    • Why Target?
      Strengths and Weaknesses?
      Tell me about your experience working in a team environment.
      Tell me a time where you exceeded expectations.

Answer Question
    Make sure to be very clear about the hours you want to work. They will try to make you work as much as you can.

Distribution Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Started with an email contact to setup a initial phone interview followed by a second phone interview with three STAR based interview questions. In between the two phone interviews you will be asked to complete a 60 minute online assessment on personality and skills. After this process you will be asked to come to the distribution center if chosen to continue the interview process with a group interview and additional STAR based interview questions.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

Contacted by recruiter via email, did an initial phone interview, was asked to complete a profile account and take assessment test. Then, I was scheduled an interview with a store manager. The process is quite lengthy, prepare well. All of the questions in here were very very useful. If you had leadership and retail experience you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about moment when you had a difficult time with a co worker   Answer Question

Director's Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online the day the job was posted and received email from HR saying I have been selected for the next phase in the interview process. Had a brief phone interview where HR went over the position, asked why I want to work for Target, salary requirements etc. At the end of the this phone interview, she wanted to set up another phone interview the next day where behavioral questions would be asked. Again, after this phone interview she wanted me to come in for a face-to-face interview with the District Manager. The interview I felt went well and again behavioral questions were asked. Some questions were the same or very similar to the ones asked in the phone interview. Some questions asked in phone interview and/or face-to face interview: Tell me about a time you had to leverage a team to get a task done? Explain a time it was difficult to communicate with a team member? Think about a time you used effective communication? Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix the mistake? Practice behavioral/STAR type questions and a lot of the questions asked in the interview were on this website as well. I didn't end up getting the position, but their interview process definitely was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix the mistake?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I have interviewed with my local Target about 40 times between the years of 2008 till November 2014. They've never hired me. It's really difficult and I'm not sure what they're looking for.

Backroom Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

They Offered $9.00 per hour, so I said no. Other store offered more money, so I thought it best to look around for a better offer. They Offered $9.00 per hour, so I said no. Other store offered more money, so I thought it best to look around for a better offer. They Offered $9.00 per hour, so I said no. Other store offered more money, so I thought it best to look around for a better offer.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask any hard questions. It was fairly easy stuff.   Answer Question

Low pay

Cashier Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later, Phone interview with basic situational questions, in-person interview with same phone interview questions and 2 questions on how you would handle a certain situation, after this interview I was asked to come back again then I signed some papers and was given an orientation date.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target.

I submitted my application, They called and I interviewed with 4 different people. They offered me the job, and my first day was orientation. It took a total of 4 days to start work from time of submitting application to start working.

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

After applying for the position I received an email that said I was selected to speak with a Target representative. I scheduled a time for the call through their website which requires you to make an account before you apply. The phone call was with an HR rep and I was asked why I wanted to work for Target. After answering that question, the HR rep then informed me I was going to receive an email from someone that was going to help me schedule an in-person interview and that I also had to complete an online assessment before the interview. My interview was with 2 Store Team Leaders. When I arrived at the interview, I was told that the other STL could not make it and that I would interview with him via phone. The interview consisted of personal background and situation/behavioral based questions. Both STLs seemed easy-going and informative which made the interview simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you gave a customer a great customer experience   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online and then got contacted about two weeks later to come in for an interview. Got a call and had an interview over the phone. Asking the regular stuff, "why would you wanna work here" "Describe yourself in a few words" "whats your biggest weakness" Showed up had to fill out another application online while in store. Got brought upstairs and held in the break room. Met with the head HR person where they asked me the same questions asked on the phone and online. Then i met with an HR person and they offered me the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • "whats your worst quality" "describe a moment where you were stuck but got through it"   Answer Question