Target Interview Questions

5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 days later to set up a personal interview. I was interviewed by two managers who asked me fairly basic interview questions. It was a fairly smooth process overall, and I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What do you know about the Red card? Tell me about a time where you stood up for yourself during a stressful situation. Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations and your supervisor was impressed.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was just basic questions. Nothing too difficult. There were three rounds each with someone who was higher up in the company. The whole process took less than an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by two team leaders at the same time. The questions were simple, asking me in what ways I have assisted customers, how I go above and beyond, any criminal convictions, etc... You will be okay as long as you show you put a customer first. Smile, look them in the eye and be cheerful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a crime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Ashburn, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Took about 45 min I had to wait quite a bit between the interviews both of which were 10 min each. They like specific answers to the scenarios but didn't mind if you took a min to think. Don't be nervous and just answer the questions as best as you can, its very lax.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to introduce someone to something new.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later they called me and we set up a interview for the next day. The interview was 98% of tell me about a time questions. Should be pretty easy but for me if was my first interview EVER and I was nervous and screwed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a positive influence on someone?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you got interrupted during a task and had to stop. Did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Greensburg, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then I called as soon as I finished to let the head of H.R. know that I had done so. She said it usually takes a day for applications to show up and that she would call back the next day. I didn't receive a call so I called the next day (day 3, lol). I gave her my name and she tried to look me up but it turns out my application hadn't even been sent to the store. I applied again as soon as I got off the phone and called her back right after I finished. She set up an interview on the following Tuesday. I was interviewed by Jamie and then again by Adam. After that the head of H.R. came in and offered me the job. I started that Friday. I had a really pleasant interview experience (aside from my application getting misplaced, lol).

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time when you had differing opinions with someone at work/school and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online (Saturday Night), I received a phone call on Monday asking if I was available to interview on Wednesday. When I got there, I had 2 separate interviews both lasting between 15-20 minutes. Both interviews were 1 on 1. The interviewers were very friendly. The 2nd interview, I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or not. But it started with me following the interviewer walking through part of the store with him asking me questions. When we got to his office, he started asking me questions from the interview sheet. One that was all done, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you disagreed with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Livonia, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I had both interviews in one day. One was with a TL who worked in a totally different department and the other was with the assistant manager. They basically asked about previous situations and how I handled them (you had to give an example of the question asked and how you fixed it).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Was put in a conference room with another applicant. He was called for the interview right away, came back after 10 minutes and had another interview with another manager. They made me wait almost an hour, then I had my so called interview with lots of questions like: Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict, tell me about a time when you had to change your attitude etc. Person who did the interview had no personality at all, and seemed to hate her job. I was told they would give me a call with instructions for the next step of the interview process. Needless to say, I'm sure I'll never hear from them again. Not too keen on working there anymore after meeting her anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change your attitude   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in National City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (National City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, I went through 3 different interviews, all in the same day and was offered the job almost immediately. My specific location made the process seemed very rushed but informed us applicants that the position would be part time and only offered 12 hours a week. I assumed they informed us about this right away incase applicants wanted to leave instead of wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions such as "name a time where you didn't get along with your coworker.."   Answer Question