Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
4,237 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member' Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Long 1 hr Questionnaire online or in store at a kiosk
    Gave me a call with a time to come in for interview
    Interview with one person (hr)
    Orientation video about kinds of things you would do
    then another interview if you are still interested (store manager)

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer disputed the price of an item, in this case 17 instead of 19   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

come interview fill out some paper work wait to be called then had a one on one with someone then answer a series of questions then that will determine hire or no hire when i did my interview i go hired on the spot they told me i was hired and i had to go do a drug test 24 hr prior to me being hired

none

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I applied online. 5 days later I got a call from one of the leaders and he told me he was about to conduct a phone interview with me. That went well. He said someone will call within 48 hours to set up a face-to-face interview. A lady called the next morning and asked if I could come in the next day @1. She told me to arrive 15 early. I arrived 20 mins early and the customer service lady told me to take and assessment online. It was 20 scenario questions asking me what was the best choice and what was the worst. That took about 15 mins. The customer service lady then told me to go sit on a bench and she'd tell the team leader I was ready. I sat there for 15 minutes and finally a lady came out. She directed me to this room where I was supposed to watch a video but she didn't know how to work it so she told me I'd watch it at orientation. We went to an office and she asked me the same questions the guy asked me on the phone. Excluding one question that had to do with a customer claiming an item was $17.99 when its really $19.99. After that she directed to another office where I met the head team leader. It took her about 5 mins to settle down cause she was printing papers and what not. finally she dives straight into the days I said I could work and asked if I could change my Friday and Saturday night availability to midnight. I really didn't want to but I said yes because I need the job. She had me initial some papers then told me I need a drug test 24 house after hiring. She also told me the orientation date and time, what to wear and to bring. Then she escorted me out. That process took a little over an hour. My only problems were 1) she didn't give me the drug test papers & when I called and asked her about it she said. "We're not drug testing seasonal employees this year" which was strange but let's hope she's right. I'd hate to get fired at orientation

Interview Questions
    • if I called your supervisor what would she say are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • tell me a time where you had to multitask. how did you handle it. what were the results   Answer Question
    The starting salary was $8 which is $0.25 more than what I was going to ask. So I took the $8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Applied online got a call a few hours later. The phone call was a little interview . He asked me was i still interested ,what was my availability, how much i was getting paid 8.50. and why did i want to work there. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day.

At the 1:1 interview I was asked situational questions which most of the people say on here. I initially applied as a cashier since i have the experience but they interviewed me for Sales Floor.
    I then went straight to my 2nd interview this lady was more friendlier than the first. She asked me the same questions as the first and why i wanted to work there. soon after she told me congrats and to wait in the waiting room for my job offer. since it wold be seasonal i would start in November. No drug test since its Seasonal!

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What wold you do if a customer item rang up as 19.99 but she said she saw it was 17.99 . (Agree with the customer and change it for her!) weird right i know but thats what the interviewer told me.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Name a time you had different task all at once what was the outcome.
      Name a time you made a mistake, how did you fix it and what was the outcome.
      Name a time you went above expectations
      What if a customer shoes was out of stock what would you do?
        Answer Question
    None no matter your experience.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The called and set a time for interview in 2 days..First again was an online assessment in store then first interview ,this manager was positive minded person asked several common questions and availability(Sundays,Xmas..) then second interview with a manager who was so tough and serious almost no smile :( asking the same questions but direction was somehow strange that could guess she wont carry positive way ..
    After 2 days received an email in 2:30 AM they are unable to offer a job now
    As an experience was worthy.

Interview Questions
    • What happened when you failed to do a task in your previous job?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

They called me about a month later after I applies online. I didn't expect them to consider me so I never followed up after submitting the application. Well, the first interview was quick and easy. HR wasn't there to continue the process to I had to wait a few days for them to call back to schedule the second one. The second one was fairly simple but more nerve wracking than the first. They gave me an offer on the spot (need to pass drug and background). Orientation a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you completed a task but realized you did it wrong and had to start over.   View Answer
    • If the customer claims a product is two dollars less than what rings up what do you do?   View Answer
    • What to do if a lady wants a shoe size that is out of stock?   View Answer
    • What experience do you have related to this job?   View Answer
    No negotiation since I have no experience but cashier in my area is a dollar over min wage so it's not that bad for entry.

Buyer Merchandising-MBA Level Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

I attended a career fair-NSHMBA- and had applied to Target prior to the fair. I had a phone interview that lasted 45 minutes with an HR recruiter who was very helpful. Questions were typical why Target? Why Buyer? and also "Walk me through your resume" She also explained the job position, work culture, and ended by my asking a few questions. She invited me to a follow up interview at the conference, which I gladly accepted, and told me it would be approximately 30 minutes long.
    At the career fair, my interviewer, another HR manager, asked only a couple behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time you were pressed for time, and how did you handle it". She was standoffish and wasn't writing anything I was telling her. I felt there was no bonding between us, but went on hoping that my answers would be adequate. After only 10 minutes she asked if I had any questions, and then talked a little about Minneapolis and her background. Total 15-20 minutes.

Distribution Operations Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair. They offered me an interview after it showed that I was truly interested within the company and inquired further about the recruiter and the company. First interview was scheduled within a week, and if you get past the first round of interviews you take an assessment test, then another interview gets scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to tell someone how you couldn't complete a task.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Hiring process was fairly average. We talked about my past experiences and then the recruiter began to ask me behavior based questions. It's all about fit with Target. They can teach you the job but you have to fit in with the company culture, which is awesome by the way!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any interview questions but it seemed to be the standard interview method. STAR method was helpful however if you use the SHARE method you'll really blow it out of the water   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating hourly pay for the summer internship however there were rumors that some interns got paid more than others.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Got a call after applying online, they gave me a phone interview, asking basic questions like why i want to work for target, personal experiences, adn a few scenario questions. i was told what to expect during the in person interview then given an interview date. i went in a few days later, and was brought in to a room. the lady interviewing basically asked the same questions, but in more detail. then after i was told i would get a call or an email. i heard nothing. (i apparently failed my first interview)

Interview Questions
    • if an item rings up as one price but the customer says its another price, what do you do?   Answer Question