Target Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
4,037 interviews

2.8

Flow Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Applied for a couple of positions online, including Flow Team and Backroom. Received a call from HR a couple days later, giving a short description of both jobs, hourly pay for each, and then inquiring which position I'd like to primarily interview for.

Came in for interview, had to take a multiple choice test on the computer that ask basic math questions, as well as value questions, such as, "If you feel you have a faster way to complete a task, do you A) Talk to your team leader first B) Ignore protocol and do your way anyway..." etc.

In the interview, had to encounters: first with team supervisor, and then with department supervisor (in this case, Flow supervisor who you work with daily, and then Logistics supervisor). Questions were standard STAR questions and:
    "What is a strength/weakness you have?"
    "Why do you want to work for Target?"
    "If a guest wants to buy an item that was 17.99 but rings up as 19.99, what do you do?" (hint, guest first and cheaper price)
    "If a shoe is size is not on the shelf, what do you do?" (look in back, other spots, suggest similar shoes with size, offer Target online, or if nearby Target has them)

Was asked a couple of the questions twice, once by each supervisor.

Watched a video on what Flow team would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Prep for STAR questions, as well as specific Target questions you can find like above or in other interviews.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

Interview process begins with a phone interview and than if you pass an onsite interview will take place. Sometimes a third interview will occur with the HR manager. Follow up on your application by calling the store, however if you applied at multiple stores than you interview won't go to the 2nd or 3rd choice until after the 1st choice turns you down. Many applicants think the application will go to all stores, however it goes in a specific order.

Interview Questions
    • Pay attention during the job preview video.
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do?
        Answer Question
    none, only team leader and up

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Simple phone interview followed by an in person interview the next day. Was asked simple questions about availability and then 3-4 situational interview questions on past experiences. 5 minutes or so thereafter, had a second interview where I was asked the same questions plus 1 additional.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you made a mistake and the steps you took to correct it.   Answer Question
    They refused to negotiate and stated all members come in at offered rate.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The interview process took about a month. Screening phone interview, 3 in person interviews, shadowing, and then one final phone interview with the HR market leader. My advice to anyone is to have a positive attitude and to be extremely upbeat when answering interview questions. It's important to display leadership experience. I was told by my interviewer that they can teach you the job, but they can't teach you how to be a leader. My advice is to practice practice practice behavioral questions! I spent two days writing out questions and my responses. It helped so much! It was an extremely positive experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time.....

Challenge a supervisor, made a big mistake,had to use active listening, provided excellent customer service, leverage a group etc.
        Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Out of college you will be recruited by Store Team Leaders and current Target Executive Team Leads. They will take all the resumes to sort the potential from the turndowns. The potentials will get called for on Campus Interviews by the Store Team Leads. Those who do well will have interview with District Level. When it comes time to do an offer the offer will come from a regional recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had too much to do and too little time to do it.   View Answer

Senior Team LEader Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Target.

There are 6-10 behavioral questions all structured like "Tell me about a time when...." so you better prepare about 10 examples of times that you lead a team, made a mistake, held someone accountable, had difficult conversations, handled conflict, made then executed a plan, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral based questions, none particularly harder than others.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Lead Interview

Must be interviewed by executive team leader, store team leader, district team leader. Very standard, most are already recommended by management to begin with, so there is a lot of prep.

Interview Questions
    • what is the biggest challenge you see yourself having in this position   Answer Question

Executive Pharmacist Interview

I had a phone interview first with recruiter, then was given an interview in person with an STL or store manager. Never did speak to Pharmacist or RxBP. Situational interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to act quickly when a problem arose   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you performed good service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

It was a standard interview only standard questions were asked. We discussed pay but it was not really that negotiable. I had only one interview and was hired a few days later by phone call. Overall Target is a good employer and i would recommend anyone to apply for a position at and target location for any businesses.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Great reveiw process, very professional, on time and very thorough. When I arrived was greeted by name and treated with respect even though there was no offer made to me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had a customer who had an unrealistic request   Answer Question