Target

Updated Dec 15, 2014
4,501 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Very quick to reply after sending in the application. The application itself is very detailed and long, but since it is all online, it was easy to take a few minutes to finish it or go back and finish if you did not have time to do it all at once. The first interview was done over the phone, also very quick and straightforward. The second interview is done in person.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview was somewhat difficult. It was all behavioral questions. Study up on the STAR technique. It was definitely an interview that focused on questions from corporate rather than getting to know you, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the person. Overall it was a fair interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to turn a weakness into one of your strengths?   Answer Question

Inter Business Analyst Interview

Easy interview. Very basic behavioral question. Depending on your school you'll have as little as 1 interview or as many as 3 interviews. Along with your interview you have to pass an online times IQ test.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I went in to the store applied, and interviewed on the same day. Got a call a couple days later that they wanted to hire me. Came back in to sign some papers and then had to go do a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • They asked lots of situational questions like "Name a time you helped somebody even though they didn't ask for help" or "Tell me about a time you had to work with a team." Fairly simple questions but you have to come up with scenarios quick.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I interviewed for Target about two months ago and got the job. It was pretty straight-forward: Glassdoor helped me a lot to prepare me for all the questions. Basically just practice what you're going to say with all the questions you find on here and you'll be set! Also, be prepared for a longer interview process. You first apply to the job, get a phone interview (mine wasn't really an interview, just a "why did you apply to Target?" and then set up the actual interview), the actual interview and then the second interview where they will tell you if you got the job or not. Finally, don't be afraid to call them to check in on the hiring process. They forgot to schedule me for my second interview so I had to call and remind them: and now I have the job!

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is the most difficult obstacle you had to overcome with a group?
      2. Tell me an instance where you made sure to give great customer service?
      3. What do you do if a customer argues that an item is 17.99 when it rings up as 19.99?

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

A recruiter for the company reached out to me. I've completed a phone interview and I have been scheduled two follow up interviews.
    Some of the key things to remember when answering these behavioral questions:
    Include stats about yourself: numbers, accomplishments.
    Make sure to emphasize the outcome of each situation.
    Always talk about yourself use "I", it's great to know you work well with a team, but this interview is all about how "you" handled this situations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when it was difficult to communicate with an associate or team member?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake? What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Referred to a recruiter and was contacted within a week. Established an interview time with the recruiter. Interview process was explained as a couple of phone interviews before an on site interview phase. Interview performance was mediocre on my part - just didn't click with the interviewer. Highly scripted interview process which is indicative of a highly structured corporate environment - they are not seeking creative thinkers, but rather efficient doers for this entry level management position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain to someone that they weren't performing to standard.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

*This will probably be the most thorough interview experience you will find on here for the Backroom position.*

I received a call four days prior to submitting my online application. The man on the phone from Target was very nice; all in all I was only on the phone for about 5 minutes. He asked why I wanted to work at Target, discussed my availability, went over the pay, and asked if I could come in for an in-store interview the very next day.

I showed up 15 minutes early, went to costumer service, and told them I was there for an interview. The lady at costumer service knew my interview time and asked for my name. After that, she told me to sit on a bench till the person interviewing me came out.

I sat there for almost 10 minutes until someone showed up. The kind lady took me into the office area and thoroughly explained the job I applied for, then began with the interview. She made sure I was up to speed with everything and asked if I had any questions. Hearing how long she has worked at Target was actually inspiring and it was nice to know she could potentially be one of my bosses. That interview lasted about 10 minutes.

I was then directed back out to costumer service to do an assessment. After finishing the assessment, a man walked out to take me back into the office area to watch a video about working at Target. That took less than 5 minutes.

My second interview followed soon after the video, and it was very similar to the first one, containing similar questions and the same description about the job I applied for. At the end of the second interview, the man offered me the job. I happily accepted.

The third and final interview was very quick, it was pretty much going over the job offer information and the whole process of doing a drug test. This was my first interview for a retail store so I was surprised how down to earth everyone was.

Interview Questions
    Scheduling is very negotiable. I was surprised how flexible they can be with you.

Executive Team Leader Interview

The interview will consist of behavioral based questions and will follow a format similar to the interview you completed with the recruiter.

o Remember to use specific examples; have 5-10 solid complex situations that showcase your leadership ability.

o Practice answering questions out loud using your most complex leadership situations. Answers should follow a situation, behavior, outcome format.

o Think large scope for your answers and speak towards results.

o Be prepared to speak about your background, career experience, and accomplishments.

o Be concise and organized in your answers.

· Be prepared to take notes and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a time when you used effective communication   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and expressed my interest. He told me to apply online and email him when I did. Shortly after, I was contacted for an interview and shortly after that I was contacted for another interview with the District Manager and HR Manager. The first interview consisted of 5 behavioral based questions- When have you had to provide constructive criticism, name a time where you lead a project, name a time where you were required to actively listen to someone, etc. I was also asked why Target- so please do your research! Know where the company is, where they started, how far they have come, what bad/good things have happened, what they are doing in the community etc.