Target Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

the process was incredibly simple. I filled out the application online, and the next day I received an email and a call about my job. within 3 days I was in the store (today) for my interview. the first thing I noticed was that everyone was very friendly, which was very reassuring. I was taken into my first interview, and made small talk with the woman, and we got along very well. she asked me the usual questions: how you got through a stressful time, how you worked with someone you didn't get along with, etc. I was then told I was getting a second interview, which was the same as the first, if not better. I ultimately got the job on the spot, which was awesome. I'm very excited to get started next week :)

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to prioritize? how did you do it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview and painless, it was a two part interview, finished both parts within a week of applying, interviewers were nice, no hassle, gave tips and feedback. Responded well and had great body language

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within two days I received a phone call to schedule an in person interview. The first interview was simple enough. The person was super nice and friendly made me feel relaxed. At the end he informed me I would get a call for my next interview. The same day I received a call. It was during the second interview were it got difficult. The hiring manger was more intimidating and of course my anxiety chocked me. In the end she said they will call. A week later I got an email saying I did not receive the job. The questions are situational and behavioral like tell me a time...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work at Target? Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself? Tell me a time when you exceeded someone else expectation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay I guess. I had to wait for an hour for the interviewer to come see me. She said they were gonna call me back for a second interview,but I doubt since they let me go.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very casual. I talked to two people. They asked a lot of questions. They said I answered them well. When I called to check on the job, they said I was turned down because of the interview.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Canton, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief. Extremely brief. I applied online for the Sales Floor Team Leader position and got a call about 5 days later, on a Friday afternoon. They asked a few questions about my background + then asked me to come in for an interview the following Monday morning. So, needless to say, I excitedly prepared for the interview by reading up on others' interviews for the same position. Monday arrives, I head to the Guest Services desk as prompted to on the phone when asked to interview, and had to answer a few questions on their job application computer/kiosk. Then, a young associate lead me up to the employee breakroom to wait for my interview. It wasn't a very long wait, fortunately, before someone came to greet me + lead me to another room to interview me. She was pleasant enough, but the first thing she asked when we had taken our seats was "you're applying for a Sales Floor position...?". Feeling instantly wary, I added that I was interviewing for the Sales Floor Team Leader position. To which she quickly -- and much to my dismay -- let me know that the Team Leader position was now unavailable, but asked if I would like to interview for a regular Sales Floor Team member position (at less pay + responsibility, obviously) instead. I promptly told her no, stood up to shake her hand, + put an end to the proceedings. Here's the thing: how about if you had me interviewing for a completely different position, you could have been courteous enough to inform me in advance so that I could prepare my questions/research based on said position (or told you outright that I wasn't interested in that lesser position on the phone)? Highly unprofessional + a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Q: So, you're applying for the Sales Floor position?   1 Answer

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

they call you into a cubicle one by one , sign a few documents and wait for a second interview where the hiriing manager then asks you another series of questions similar to the 1st interviewer

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used your attitude to turn a situation around   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Waterford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got a voicemail speaking of my application and I called back but the manager was busy. It took me about a week to finally get someone to schedule an interview to which I was surprised it was a phone interview. The woman I spoke to was very nice and made me nerves lessen. The questions were pretty simple though I did have a little trouble coming up with answers and by the end I was informed I would get a call back to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer
    • Q: If we asked your previous employer what your strengths are what would they say?   1 Answer
    • Q: Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • Q: Give an example of a time you had to solve a problem at work   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lufkin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to target online. I received a call weeks later to come in for an interview. They told me on the phone before the interview that if I got the job the starting pay would be $9.00 an hour. I told them that I would like a interview so they scheduled me for a Friday at 4. I went in and asked who I needed to see about an interview that I was scheduled for at 4, they directed me to the office to be interviewed, overall the expirence was good, I was nervous being it was my first interview and most of the questions were situational. A tip, if you know anything about the company such as (what a red card is or how they give back to the community.) you will stirke them as you know about the company and educated yourself about them before the interview. So that makes you well prepared. I did not receive an offer that day but she also told me that since it was a weekend that HR would not be there till Monday to see how my interview went but that if my availability and my answers matched what the other mangers wanted to see/ hear then I would be contacted for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a teacher/manger say some of your strengths are? When was a time you used your positive attitude to turn a situation that was going wrong into a good situation? Explain a time you had to work someone you did not like/ agree with but had to remain professional with? Explain a time someone asked you to stop working on a task to do something else and what you did and how it made you feel? Explain a time you had to ask someone with more expirence than you to help you with a task?   Answer Question

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty easy. I applied online, and received a phone call two weeks later. First was a ten minute phone interview, then a in store interview. Went in for orientation a week later.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you worked with a Co worker you didn't get along with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, negotiating pay. $9.50 is all they will start you out with even if you have experience.