Target

Updated Nov 24, 2014
4,443 Interview Reviews

2.8

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and they called me the next week and did a screening (kinda unexpected, i was caught off guard) The lady asked why i wanted to work at target and what my availability was like. Then she set me up with a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was about 10-15 min long, your typical strength & weakness, situational questions. Then he set me up with an in store interview for the next day. I went and had to answer more questions at their computer kiosks. Then was directed to the back room to watch a video and had the interview after that. He just asked questions similar to the phone interview and offered me the job on the spot. I have orientation next week. & i have 2 years exp cashiering in a restaurant if that helps.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and received a phone call that very same day to schedule an interview. Before the interview, I was told to finish part 2 of the application process at a target kiosk (computer) which consisted of 20 situational questions. As I finished, I was then told to wait in break room. I was interviewed by three interviewees: team member, team leader, and executive team leader. All three interviewees were really down to earth. I was told that I would be a good candidate for the position and that I would be working hardlines which is stocking shelves, answering guest questions and helping out cashier if need be. During my job offering, I was told that I would be making $9.50/hr and no drug test would be required.

In conclusion, I had a very good experience, although I was really nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • If a customer can't find a shoe size of a particular brand, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Fairly easy interview questions to answer. I would advise all those who have an interview scheduled to read other glassdoor resposnes and that should help you prepare! I know it helped me (:   Answer Question
    $9.50/hr

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I received an interview call within 2 days of my application. I was asked to take questionare at the kiosk as soon as I went there. After that I was interviewed back to back by the Team lead and the Sr Executive Sales Manager. Thanks to Glassdoor and to reviewers as the interview was made easier by your reviews. I was asked mostly situational questions as below:
    1. Why Target?
    2.Tell us about yourself and your previous work experience
    3.Tell us when u had to do multitasking in your job and how did u get thro it?
    4.Tell us when u worked as a team and how?
    5.What would ur supervisors say about you?
    6.Tell us a when u made a mistake in your work and how did u correct it?
    7.Tell us when you exceeded expectations of your supervisors?
    8.The price of a shoe pair question which has already appeared in many of earlier reviews.
    Then she showed me a small video about Target and asked me what I think about the Target culture based on that video.
    Immediately after that I was taken to hiring manager who offered me the job and asked me to go for drug test within 24 hours.
    Overall interview is easy if you go prepared .I would advise to go thro' all Glassdoor Target Interview Reviews so you won't miss any questions.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a mistake at your previous workplace and how did u correct it?   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate .

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I filled out online application and about three weeks later I was scheduled for an interview I came to the interview and the atmosphere there was so refreshing the management seems very professional yet personable my second interview is tomorrow..I'm hopeful

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were rewarded for going above and beyond on a job.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

You have three different interviews.
    First: department supervisor
    Second: store manager
    Third: district manager

>Tell me a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a specific goal.
    >something about multi-tasking
    >prioritizing task

It was a fairly easy interview, make sure you are detail oriented when answering these questions

All of these interviews are the same, BBI/STAR based question

No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went through collegiate recruiting process. STL interview followed by Recruiter interview, followed by a store visit and shadow, followed by a drug test, followed by an interview with the DTL. The interview I had with the DTL had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. I was cut off in my interview because they had to go and wasn't able to fully finish it. Also, they picked up the phone yawning and didn't seem to care at all about any of my answers.

ETL - GE Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

The hiring process for me was not traditional because I was initially an intern. In the summer of the year prior to my senior year I did and internship at store level. Once this was completed, I presented my summer project and was interviewed by two sets of district level managers on the same day. Once this was done I waited a week or two and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you created a routine that impacted the business   Answer Question
    No negotiation for college recruits.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Finally got a call from Target, after months since I applied. The interview process was easy, nice people who did the interviewing. Basic questions, Why do you want to work for Target? Availability is and or could be based on if you really want the job/get hired. If you are knowledgable and friendly and have open availability you pretty much got the job.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I applied on Saturday, got a call on Monday, went in on Tuesday and got hired that same afternoon on the spot. The interview was very easy, they call you and ask your background history, work history. You come in for one on one interview and you meet with two people who ask you similar questions and your availability. The more flexible you are, the more likely they are to hire you. Just be friendly and honest. Try to be confident and they will notice you.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions off a list that were very straight forward
      1) Why target?
      2) Past experience related to this job
      3) A time you had to multitask
      4) A time you had to work as part of a team
      5) A time you made a mistake and how you fixed it
      6) What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      7) If an item cost 17.99 but rang up at 19.99 what would you do?
      8) If a woman asked for an item but it wasn't in stock what would you do?

Be courteous, friendly, and honest and you should be okay.
        View Answer
    No negotiation. Started at $8.50. I'm wondering if I should have negotiated!!

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and then went through a series of phone interviews and in store interviews. The questions were mostly the same for all interviews just worded a bit differently. Try and give different examples to show yourself as a comprehensive person.