Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
4,149 Interview Reviews

2.8

Overnight Stocker Interview

I was turned down without even being given an interview. I filled out the application in store, was told to wait for a manager to come out, the manager came out and said they didn't want to hire me for the position I applied for. Instead they wanted to know if I'd apply for a cashier position instead which I declined.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

3 interviews total. Mostly situational questions (Tell me about a time...) and are assessing you based on your answer of situation, behavior, outcome format. Communication and level of enthusiasm counts

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a policy or procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Applied through the website. Got a email a month later about setting up phone interview. My phone interview was later that week. They used the stars interviewing method, focusing on customer experience questions. Once the interview was done, I was emailed a personality and customer experience test. Took the test and that was the last thing I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, basic questions about customer and your experience   Answer Question

Starbucks Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

There were 2 interviews, one with a random team lead and then with an executive team lead. They asked common behavioral questions. They gave me an overview of the job and what the schedule would look like. They offered me a job at the end

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were successful as a team?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview 1 - Phone Screening, pretty typical questions. Tell me a time you had a problem with a coworker; tell me a time you worked together as a team to accomplish a goal; tell me a time when you disagreed with your boss; etc.

Interview 2 - In-person with District Team Leader and a Store Manager. Again, pretty typical interview questions.

Interview 3 (final) - Phone interview with HR Market Leader - similar questions to last 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you prepared for something and something unexpected occurred.   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Applied through the website, got a call within 4 days. Was asked to conduct a phone interview the next day. Got a call on time and was asked situation-based questions. At the end, we scheduled an in-person interview. Was asked similar questions in person. HR Executive offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you do after?"   View Answer
    Unable to negotiate due to pay grade scale.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

I was asked about myself, then asked why I thought I was a good leader, and the final question was if I was ok with shift work. After that I was told about the in person interview process and benefits of the company, as well as a salary I could expect if I were to get an offer.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

You apply at the computers in the store. The next day and it was a saturday they called me I came in to interview that Monday and had interviews with two different people. It was fairly basic stuff they read off a sheet.

Interview Questions
    • If someone challenges a price that rings up On an item when you scan what do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Applied online through a college postings board, arrive to the internship fair early, there was no one else at the table so I had the chance to talk to all three Target recruiters. One of them pulled me aside to go through my resume more. He offered me advice to highlight all of the leadership positions or roles that I had held. He told me to apply online and when I told him I had already, he said I would be notified to sign up for a time slot for an interview. My interview was with one older lady, on campus. She didn't talk much, although I asked her a lot of questions. About two weeks later I got a call asking if I would be available the following week to do a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and I kind of thought I had bombed it. The next week I received a call from the Intern Recruiter saying that I was offered the internship position!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to give something up.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you encountered a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you showed loyalty.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Target, and why do you think you'd make a good fit?   Answer Question
    n/a

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, and got an email from the Target recruiter within a couple weeks. First starts with phone interview which was only 10-15 min long, then online assessment followed by two more interviews with store manager and PDM.

Interview Questions
    • 1- Tell us about yourself (Education background and professional experience)
      2- Why target?