Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
4,249 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

They just called today. It is interesting how fast this all went. I applied today in the morning and about two hours I'v got a call from them, it was a simple phone interview and as i applied for three positions they asked which one do I prefer. After answering some simple questions we scheduled a second phone interview for tomorrow. Hope this one will go as good as this one today.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Applied online got a call a few hours later. The phone call was a little interview . He asked me was i still interested ,what was my availability, how much i was getting paid 8.50. and why did i want to work there. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day.

At the 1:1 interview I was asked situational questions which most of the people say on here. I initially applied as a cashier since i have the experience but they interviewed me for Sales Floor.
    I then went straight to my 2nd interview this lady was more friendlier than the first. She asked me the same questions as the first and why i wanted to work there. soon after she told me congrats and to wait in the waiting room for my job offer. since it wold be seasonal i would start in November. No drug test since its Seasonal!

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What wold you do if a customer item rang up as 19.99 but she said she saw it was 17.99 . (Agree with the customer and change it for her!) weird right i know but thats what the interviewer told me.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Name a time you had different task all at once what was the outcome.
      Name a time you made a mistake, how did you fix it and what was the outcome.
      Name a time you went above expectations
      What if a customer shoes was out of stock what would you do?
        Answer Question
    None no matter your experience.

Lead Analyst Interview

I was referred by a friend. Target almost always has three interviews in a row, each 30 minutes. The hiring manager, their manager, and either another step up manager or HR. Each interview is 5 questions, situation based "tell me a time when you did....". The answer should always be situation, behavior, outcome format. Then they are all scored separately and a point total awarded.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a target recruiter at my college career fair. After talking about the importance of positivity in the workplace, and my previous experiences I was scheduled for the first interview. The first interview was with a store manager, we went through pre-interview questions first. These included was I willing to relocate, salary desired, why did I want to work for target and past job history. After those questions we went on to the main interview. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral based questions. The one I noticed the most was the question that asked me to describe a time that I made a mistake. My advise to anyone is be yourself, and practice the STAR method. The interview was a success, and I was passed on to the next level, I am currently waiting for the next two phone interviews with the District and Store Team Leader.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied online maybe 2 weeks before I got a call for my first interview. My first interview was a phone interview. I got asked things like "Why do you want to work here?", past experiences, and like 4 behavioral questions. It's fairy easy if you have your STAR based stories ready. I was contacted 2 days later to schedule my second interview for next week. My second interview was easier than my first (to me). When you get there you will do a short questionnaire (20 questions). When I was done I waited for the manager to come get me. I watched a video about the position I applied for before the interview. The manager was very outgoing and nice. We started with an icebreaker, she told me about herself and I told her about me. She asked some of the same questions as my first interview, a long with new questions like "What would you do if.." basically customer situational questions. After the interview, she told me that she would recommend my application to proceed in the hiring process and that I would receive an email or a call to set up with the HR. At that point I was going back and fourth on rather I got the job or not lol but I got a call later that day to meet with the HR that following week. Meet with HR and got offered the job... took drug test/ background check and got called a week after for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • how do you manage a lot of tasks, what steps do you take? (something close to that)   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member' Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Long 1 hr Questionnaire online or in store at a kiosk
    Gave me a call with a time to come in for interview
    Interview with one person (hr)
    Orientation video about kinds of things you would do
    then another interview if you are still interested (store manager)

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer disputed the price of an item, in this case 17 instead of 19   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

come interview fill out some paper work wait to be called then had a one on one with someone then answer a series of questions then that will determine hire or no hire when i did my interview i go hired on the spot they told me i was hired and i had to go do a drug test 24 hr prior to me being hired

none

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I applied online. 5 days later I got a call from one of the leaders and he told me he was about to conduct a phone interview with me. That went well. He said someone will call within 48 hours to set up a face-to-face interview. A lady called the next morning and asked if I could come in the next day @1. She told me to arrive 15 early. I arrived 20 mins early and the customer service lady told me to take and assessment online. It was 20 scenario questions asking me what was the best choice and what was the worst. That took about 15 mins. The customer service lady then told me to go sit on a bench and she'd tell the team leader I was ready. I sat there for 15 minutes and finally a lady came out. She directed me to this room where I was supposed to watch a video but she didn't know how to work it so she told me I'd watch it at orientation. We went to an office and she asked me the same questions the guy asked me on the phone. Excluding one question that had to do with a customer claiming an item was $17.99 when its really $19.99. After that she directed to another office where I met the head team leader. It took her about 5 mins to settle down cause she was printing papers and what not. finally she dives straight into the days I said I could work and asked if I could change my Friday and Saturday night availability to midnight. I really didn't want to but I said yes because I need the job. She had me initial some papers then told me I need a drug test 24 house after hiring. She also told me the orientation date and time, what to wear and to bring. Then she escorted me out. That process took a little over an hour. My only problems were 1) she didn't give me the drug test papers & when I called and asked her about it she said. "We're not drug testing seasonal employees this year" which was strange but let's hope she's right. I'd hate to get fired at orientation

Interview Questions
    • if I called your supervisor what would she say are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • tell me a time where you had to multitask. how did you handle it. what were the results   Answer Question
    The starting salary was $8 which is $0.25 more than what I was going to ask. So I took the $8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The whole process took 4 days . They called 2 days after I applied and they just told me to come in 2 days later for an interview . Which was today , first you get interviewed with one women and they ask basic question about past jobs and the responsibilities . Pretty easy , the lady was super nice and made me feel comfortable . Then she says go back in the waiting room for the next interview. So the next women comes and asks similar questions , she was sweet also . I wasn't nervous at all. Then she says wait in the break room. 5 minutes later ANOTHER women brings me to her office and says I got the job and that orientation is next Monday .

Interview Questions
    • What if a customer asks a question and you don't know the answer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The called and set a time for interview in 2 days..First again was an online assessment in store then first interview ,this manager was positive minded person asked several common questions and availability(Sundays,Xmas..) then second interview with a manager who was so tough and serious almost no smile :( asking the same questions but direction was somehow strange that could guess she wont carry positive way ..
    After 2 days received an email in 2:30 AM they are unable to offer a job now
    As an experience was worthy.

Interview Questions
    • What happened when you failed to do a task in your previous job?   View Answer