Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing/Merchandise Specialist Interview

Sourcing/Merchandise Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The whole process was completed in 3 weeks. First, I had an initial phone screening with basic interview questions. In addition, they made sure I knew how to answer behavioral interview questions and use the SAR method. The in person interview took a whole morning. It consisted of an tour of the headquarter campus and 2 in-person interview. They lasted about 30 minutes and had 3 behavioral interview question. Most scenario questions were basic and straightforward.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you did not get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation, but it is an entry level position

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member
Taunton, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – Take your time with the online application & assessment. Stores usually have openings year round. Be your professional self on phone interview and in-person interview with store HR manager. There is a drug screening.

Interview Question – The name of the game is servicing the guests. Be yourself and answer questions with the customer in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Scheduling was very flexible to fit my part time needs. I was expecting a stronger starting wage from a classy company and market leader. You will get solid raises if you are a quality and flexible worker who goes the extra mile.

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, basic questions. First a group interview with several people, then they pick from there for a 1:1 interview. A basic drug test is required and is to be taken care of on your own time within 3 days.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing negotiable

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Pretty nice and easy, it's retail so they mainly look for anyone willing to work and be able to put sentences together. You usually have to go through 2 interviews before they let you know whether you've been accepted or not, for me I did 2 at once and had a decision on the spot.

Interview Question – Perhaps the situational questions where they gauge you in your responses to certain situations, be careful for those and see if you can answer to their appeal.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a week or so, I was called and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details:
I was interviewed by 1:1 by two of the managers. The first one went asked basic questions such as why I want to work at Target,my availability and some scenarios based on my experiences. The second manager also asked the same beginning basic questions and some scenarios plus some situational questions.

Interview Questions:
Why do you want to work at Target?
What are your strengths and what areas do you think you need to improve on?
Do you have any experience?
Tell us about a time where you exceed expectation.
Tell us about a time when you had multiple things to do and had to turn in the work the following day.
Tell us about a situation when a situation arose, what you did and what the outcome of it was.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you almost finished a task before realizing that you had done it wrong.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – After on-campus recruiting, hiring process involved an on-line test and an in-person series of interviews, focused around a scripted and structured behavioral interview.

The online exam included two overall series of questions: one quantitatively assessing past experiences (e.g., how many formal leadership positions have you held) and another testing mathematical competency. The behavioral interview, meanwhile, was standard.

Interview Question – There was nothing particularly surprising or difficult about the interview process. The intense structure to the behavioral interview came off as slightly surprising, however, but it mostly added instead a sense of disconnection with candidates; I did not enjoy the interview, and I could tell I was simply being screened rather than conversed with.

Preparation for behavioral components will be to a candidate's advantage for the interview. Definitely review your answers to basic interview questions, and prepare by researching the company in-depth. Still, expect extreme structure to your interview and do not look forward to an ongoing discussion with your potential employer.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Guest Service Attendant
Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied at computer in the store. Had one interview with a supervisor. The interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Mostly questions about how you work with people and if you can handle a fast paced environment. Then basic questions about availability and the shifts you are willing to work. Pretty easy interview.

Executive Store Interview

Executive Store
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview Details – They ask a lot about situation based questions. "Tell me about a time you experienced a hard decision." "Tell me about a time where you had to work on a team" etc. You need to give three answers to the question. Some context on the situation, how you managed that situation, and the outcome of that situation.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you failed"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern negotiation is limited. You can request certain hours and positions, however.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very to the point. Starts with self-intro, 'tell me about yourself', then about 4 behavior questions to be answered in STAR format. I was told there are four rounds of interviewing. Advancing only after passing the previous round. I have had two phone interviews, one FaceTime interview and will have another phone interview tomorrow. In order, I have spoken to a corporate recruiter, store manager (store team leader), HR manager (was supposed to speak with district team leader but 'she was called away'). I will speak with regional manager tomorrow so no offer is on the table just yet.

For the questions I wrote out experiences that directly relate to desired qualities for this job. I would recommend having at least 5.

Interview Question – Before the second interview I had to take an assessment. The questions were easy - things about your work behavior. the assessment also included a logic portion that was awful. it was really the only timed portion. I actually enjoyed the questions a lot, but I'm REALLLLY out of practice so I was slow at them - AND you lose points if you don't answer them. I literally only answered half of them and randomly selected the rest. I figured I 'failed' but sure enough I passed to the next round. The logic questions are like: if A costs $50 full price and B has a sale price that is less than A and C is $50 dollars more than A and all sale tickets are $10 less than the original price.....   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

El Dorado, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's very easy and basic creations , why you want to work there , customer service cutest ions and what do you expect from the company , personality based cutest ions that help them to see if you get along with people and have basic logic to resolve small issues...

Interview Question – Any ...just don't be nervous   Answer Question