Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
4,104 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

You apply at the computers in the store. The next day and it was a saturday they called me I came in to interview that Monday and had interviews with two different people. It was fairly basic stuff they read off a sheet.

Interview Questions
    • If someone challenges a price that rings up On an item when you scan what do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Applied online through a college postings board, arrive to the internship fair early, there was no one else at the table so I had the chance to talk to all three Target recruiters. One of them pulled me aside to go through my resume more. He offered me advice to highlight all of the leadership positions or roles that I had held. He told me to apply online and when I told him I had already, he said I would be notified to sign up for a time slot for an interview. My interview was with one older lady, on campus. She didn't talk much, although I asked her a lot of questions. About two weeks later I got a call asking if I would be available the following week to do a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and I kind of thought I had bombed it. The next week I received a call from the Intern Recruiter saying that I was offered the internship position!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to give something up.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you encountered a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you showed loyalty.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Target, and why do you think you'd make a good fit?   Answer Question
    n/a

Cart Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

I applied online and after about a week I got a call from the HR. Usually there is a phone interview first, but the HR told me to go in store and they will interview me. So when I went to get my interview, they said there was a misunderstanding about the interview even though I specifically asked if I had to go in store or not. But they still interviewed me. I passed the first interview and it was relatively easy, all scenario questions. The second interview had similar questions to the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you knew you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, and got an email from the Target recruiter within a couple weeks. First starts with phone interview which was only 10-15 min long, then online assessment followed by two more interviews with store manager and PDM.

Interview Questions
    • 1- Tell us about yourself (Education background and professional experience)
      2- Why target?
          why retail?
      3- Tell me about your strengths
      4- Name a weakness and how you can change in order to accommodate for it
        Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

The interview was relatively laid back, although I did have to sit through the questions of multiple members of management (this may have been because they wanted to see if I would be available to work in inventory and receiving, but it was still a little nerve-wracking being questioned by multiple people at once!) Since I was well qualified I was ushered right out the door to take a drug test and offered a position the same day. The process was very expedient and everything was explained in detail to me. Since a more lucrative offer cropped up elsewhere, I ended up declining the offer, but had I accepted I would have gone through an orientation training and then I'd be on the schedule within the next week/week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest they didn't really throw any curve balls. Just the usual "What do you do if you have a difficult customer?" and "Someone is stealing from the company, what do you do?" As long as you've been to this sort of rodeo before you'll do just fine. Just take a deep breath and say what you think is right for the situation.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online, and it took some time. I got a call the next day inviting me to an interview in the next few days, in which i accepted. I arrived 15 min early. The manager or interviewer was a half hour late, and was not in the least enthused. (after I waited on HER mind you) the interview was terrible. She took me back to a small enclosed room, and began preforming the interview. Reading from a binder. She had no idea what she was doing, nor did she care. I knew then, I was not going to receive the job. She then let me know "we will call you" - YEAH, THANKS,

Executive Team Leaders - Salesfloor/GE Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

You will start with a phone interview with one of the STLs in the district that you are being interviewed for. All interviews are situational based questions, looking for a 3-part, or STAR response. They will write everything you say, and either recommend or not recommend you immediately after the interview. Those answers will never be read again, by anyone during the interview process, so you can use the same answers in each interview. There are 4 total. The second is with the DTL (District Manager) of the district you are being interviewed for, in person. Then, another phone interview with the HR Manger of the Group, and finally a sit down interview with the Group VP. You will only move on to each step if you've passed the previous one. They ask you questions like -- tell me about a time you made a mistake, tell me about a time you helped someone receive the recognition they deserved, tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss, strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work here, etc. All of these of course are looking for that 3 part answer...so have some stories ready to share. I don't think they even care if you really answer the question, but if you can tell a great story that shows you accomplished something measurable, then you are golden!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a former supervisor. How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    There is no room for negotiation unless you come with a hefty history. It is a great offer - no one starts at less than 48K, so right out of college, this is one of the greatest starting salaries I've heard of.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Process had 4 interviews 2 phone and 2 in store interviews. Each interview lasted about 20 minutes. In person interviews asked me situational questions and about my experience. They also asked me about my career goals.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Easy interview. Be conversational. Work experience helpful but not required. Have an open schedule, Be wiling to learn. Not much else to say, it's a basic unskilled job. Not really the kind of thing you should do for life unless you plan to live with your parents or roommates forever and don't go to college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Went in and arrived a little late for my interview, they were interviewing someone seles as the same time as me. The interview process was pretty basic and I told them of experiences I had that I thought would relate to the question. I did not get the job probably because, well really I don't know.