Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
4,281 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through campus recruiting website. After that, they screened my resume and offered me a campus interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. On the same night I got an email stating I have passed through second round. The second round interview took place 2 weeks later. It consisted of 2 30-minute interviews and an office tour at corporate.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Served as graduate pharmacist intern prior to interview for 3-4mo. Store management and pharmacist lead helped me prepare for interview. Setting involved group panel encompassing other interns throughout the store, as well as regional and district leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask several situation questions. Be well versed in metrics as well as corporate lingo.   Answer Question

Holding Offer for possible post-graduate opportunities

Group Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Met the recruiters at a college career fair, they were both very easy to talk to and nice. I had an interview on campus. Pretty basic interview, they asked you to tell them a little about yourself and then three behavior based questions (tell me about a time....). They made you feel very comfortable during the whole process. Really seems like a fun and good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Not super difficult but they asked to tell them about a time you disagreed with a colleague/classmate and how you handled the situation. Use the STAR method to answer all questions.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Target - Hiring Process for Target Sales Floor/Cashier
    Sales-Cashier
    Easy process
    1st call for schedule
    basic question from resume
    Applied Online
    Interview one on one with 2 managers
    fast process
    Interview-just asked questions about your experience in your resume.
    Any challenges you faced.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and was called for an interview a few days later. The initial interview with the store manager was very easy and only took about an hour to finish. All I had to do was give honest answers about myself and my qualities. The hiring managers really want to get to know you to see how you will fit in the company. So, don't feel shy about shining a light on yourself and what makes you a good person!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you consulted with another person about a decision you needed to make and the outcome affected their work patterns.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Hardlines Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

All of the questions were Situation Based Questions designed to measure competency within the 4 main designations of Target's Leadership areas. I had to answer at least 4 questions for each area.

Interview Questions
    • I had to answer a couple of questions related to managing a team, being able to plan out a complicated schedule and manage execution within changing circumstances.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate for any additional pay.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Applied online got a call a few hours later. The phone call was a little interview . He asked me was i still interested ,what was my availability, how much i was getting paid 8.50. and why did i want to work there. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day.

At the 1:1 interview I was asked situational questions which most of the people say on here. I initially applied as a cashier since i have the experience but they interviewed me for Sales Floor.
    I then went straight to my 2nd interview this lady was more friendlier than the first. She asked me the same questions as the first and why i wanted to work there. soon after she told me congrats and to wait in the waiting room for my job offer. since it wold be seasonal i would start in November. No drug test since its Seasonal!

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What wold you do if a customer item rang up as 19.99 but she said she saw it was 17.99 . (Agree with the customer and change it for her!) weird right i know but thats what the interviewer told me.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Name a time you had different task all at once what was the outcome.
      Name a time you made a mistake, how did you fix it and what was the outcome.
      Name a time you went above expectations
      What if a customer shoes was out of stock what would you do?
        Answer Question
    None no matter your experience.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

All situational/behavior based questions- so all questions like explain a time where you failed or explain a time where you had to provide excellent customer service. it was pretty straight forward and the guys were really nice. not stressful at all- just have a few topics/situations to talk about beforehand

Target ETL Logistics Interview

Round Robin interviews, 4 total. First two with STL, Second with DTL and last a phone interview with the group. All situation type questions. Wear business professional clothing. Have an upbeat personality that is what they look for. Fast Fun Frienly is their motto. They will set up the next interview the same day. Drug test required within 24 hours of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The hiring process is pretty standard. I applied and heard back within two weeks. The interview was very laid back and had textbook behavioral based questions. When I came in to interview, I interviewed in front of two different groups of executives. Both interviews had similar themed questions. My advice would be to save certain responses and personal experience stories because you will be speaking to two sets of people for approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a situation where I failed at a particular task.   Answer Question