Target

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied on line and then got a call asking if I was still interested in the job and they wanted to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later and then scheduled the in person interview a few days later. At the in person interview, I went to the store I applied for and was led upstairs to the break area to wait. I was then shown a video about the position I was applying and asked to take a test that had some math problems dealing with some graphs and charts. The interview itself was fairly easy. They asked a few questions that I had found out about from reading other reviews here so I had an answer ready for each one. And it also helped that the guy interviewing me was very easy to talk to. And then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths & weakness? Why do you want to work for Target? Name a time you went above & beyond. Name a time you were part of a team effort. And name a time you made a mistake, what did you do & what was the outcome? And the two Target store questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, just this is what the position pays. You either accept it or don't.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Took about 3 days after submitting an application to get called in for an interview. Had to do another questionnaire at the store on one of the computers then went in for the interview. I had two interviews, the first was with a lead sales floor member and the second was with a hiring manager, they ask basic interview questions and it isn't a long interview. They told me I would hear back within the next 7 days so hoping it went as well as I feel it did.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you worked in a team and explain the situation?
      Explain a time you went beyond what was expected of you?
      If a customer was lookjng for pair of shoes but there wasn't any in the right size what would you do?
      If an item came up as 19.99 but the customer says it was listed as 17.99 how would you handle the situation?

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Simple interview questions. Name a time, name a situation type questions. Received a phone call a week after I applied online. The person I spoke to asked if I wanted to interview for a higher position being that I have a degree. Had an interview with STL.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situations where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied online and got a very swift response! Out of all the companies I had applied for, Target was the only one that called me first. On the 3rd day (Tuesday) after I submitted my application I received a phone call and set up an interview time for Friday that week. Once I got there they had my take the assessment test again. It took about 30 minutes for me because the websites was being weird that day. On a normal day it probably would have taken about 15-20 minutes. After that they sent me into the back room/office and I sat there for about 10 minutes. I then had a brief interview (15 minutes tops) which was fairly easy.The interviewer had a great bubble personality that broke the ice quick and was easy to talk to. I then watched a video describing what was expected of a typical Target employee. After that, I sat for another 5 minutes and was then brought into the managers office for a second interview. She was a little more serious but still very easy to talk to. The second interview went smoothly and then right after I was hired as a cafe worker. (Because it would work better with my schedule, and, believe it or not, gets paid more. So it was a win win) They had lots of what-if scenarios. Thanks to Glassdoor I had already prepared for most questions a had read online. I wasn't surprised by anything and was fully prepared for EVERY question.

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied in May and was called late June I had honestly forgotten I applied and they asked if I was still interested so I said yes. The interview process consists of 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at target?
      What would your teacher say about you?
      Strengths & weaknesses
      tell me about yourself
      (pretty basic questions for 1st interview)

2nd interview
      more like scenarios and what would you do etc

VERY EASY

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Filled out a Survey online, Then came to target for an interview. Typical questions like what are my strengths, what was an example of a moment i went above and beyond. I was not offered a job due to my schedule (Not available on certain days due to school) The Interview took a long time, because I had to wait for different managers and employees to arrive and to do the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a moment you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

phone interview. then face to face. then one more face to face interview. was very basic interview as i was trying to be an overnight stocker. they will go over your resume and it is a very basic interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you rung something up at 19.99 and the customer said it was 17.99   View Answer

Found another job opportunity

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

Very long process, started with a recruiter, moved on to store manager, then District Team Leader. It took about a week between interviews. All interviews were behavioral based questions. "Tell me about a time type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with providing negative feedback to a teammate.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

2 Interviews: 1)Phone interview; 2)Face to face interview
    First, they going to call you and give a phone number with an employer code and location code. After that, you going to call the phone number with those two codes and they will give you a confirmation number that you going to be able to have when they call you to your phone interview. After you pass your phone interview, they will call you back like two-three hours later and give you the date and time for your last interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • -Time when you need to get a work done and you pass the expectations.

-Time when you need to work with a team and you reach the goal.

-Time when you had a situation and how you solve it.

*This questions are from the phone interview at Target Anchorage

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied for the position online, and less than twelve hours later I received an email from HR scheduling an interview for two days later. I arrived and was brought to the office, and was interviewed first by a sales floor team leader, asking me questions about my availability, personality, and about my previous work experience. I was then immediately offered a second interview with a manager. Many of the questions were the same, with the addition of two of the questions that many of the other reviews for this company talk about. I did very well thanks to them and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • An item rings up for $19.99 and the guest says that it is priced $17.99. What do you do?   View Answer
    • A customer comes to you unable to find a shoe they want in their size, what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation