Target Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
4,043 interviews

2.8

Maintenance Worker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

I am a very bright, outgoing , hardworking young lady and knows how to get the job done. I am a fast learner, im a neat freak; i love organizing and cleaning things and im hoping this is the job for me

Interview Questions
    • what's the most important thing all employers should have?   View Answer
    Always stick to your dreams, dont give up, you always fall off but you get back up and try again. Success is the key, hard work pays off. Be confident!

MP Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

The interview focused on the "STAR" method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. They actually take notes in this format so it's important to follow. Although this is important, Target focuses on a specific personality as well--cheerful, happy, generally type A. An interest in retail is important and knowing that retail is a mix of "art and science" is big. Also, showing interest in MInneapolis would be important

Group Leader- Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tifton, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Tifton, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

applied online, got an email to set up a phone interview. A HR rep called at the time I had set up for the interview. She started by talking about herself... a lot. Then she asked me about my college experiences which was odd because I graduated from college 2 years ago. Other than that it was questions using the STAR system which she quickly explained (not in detail) and simple questions. The interview was done within 10 mins. I asked the interviewer a few simple questions having to do with the questions she asked me. ex: She asked if I would consider a position in a different geographic location. I asked her if their were any opening in different geographic locations. To which she replied." well no that's just something I have to ask, I'm just looking for candidates for the Tifton location." After I asked a few more questions that she didnt really have answers for she told me she sent me an email for an assessment I needed to complete and that I would hear about the position within a week. I took the assessment and 4 days later I get an email saying I am no longer being considered.

Interview Questions
    • asked about my on campus experiences. I guess this was just to create a conversational tone to the interview but it was weird because I've been out of college for 2 years and had more recent experience that would have been better to speak about in the interview but when I tried to change the subject to my work experience, she seemed dissatisfied with my answers.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Called me the next day and asked why I applied to that specific job. Got an email shortly after stating that I did not get the job. Maybe if I keep trying I will eventually get hired.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Applied online and got a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well, was asked about availability and explained what the job entails. They also asked 3 "name a time when.." questions. It was easier then I expected. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 interview a few days later.
    I arrived, completed the questionnaire on the computer and was brought to the back to watch a video about working at Target. I was then interviewed by a very friendly woman, it was very similar to the phone interview.
    She then said they would call me back for a 3rd interview and that never happened.

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

Interview process begins with a phone interview and than if you pass an onsite interview will take place. Sometimes a third interview will occur with the HR manager. Follow up on your application by calling the store, however if you applied at multiple stores than you interview won't go to the 2nd or 3rd choice until after the 1st choice turns you down. Many applicants think the application will go to all stores, however it goes in a specific order.

Interview Questions
    • Pay attention during the job preview video.
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do?
        Answer Question
    none, only team leader and up

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied to Target online, and about a week later received a call to come in for an interview. I arrived at my interview the next day, and had to fill out a questionnaire on the computer. I was then asked to wait, and then the HR person came to greet me. They had me watch a short video about Target, and then a different HR person gave me my first interview. It was very brief, and the woman was very nice. A few of the questions were 1.) Why do you want to work at Target?, 2.) What would your employer/professor say are your strengths and what are areas you need to improve in?, 3.) Tell me about a time you worked as part of a group, 4.) Tell me about a time you provided great service. I was then asked to wait again, and then the original HR woman who greeted me gave me a second interview (some of the questions were even the same), and she asked a few similar questions, and then gave a couple of scenarios you might encounter as a Target employee, and asked what I would do. I was then asked to wait for a while (at which point I figured I might be getting the job). The HR woman then called me into her office and offered me a job on the sales floor in the clothing department! Additional info: I dressed business casual (slacks and a dress shirt) and made sure to smile. It was my first ever job interview, and I had no previous employment, so someone with more experience should have no problems. You have to complete a drug test within 24 hours of being offered the position, and they tell you where you can go to do that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided great service.   View Answer
    The pay is $7.75, and there is no negotiation.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Haven, CT
    Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

My first interview was fine. They called me in, asked me standard interview questions (strengths/weaknesses, past experience, etc). Normally, they would do second interviews on the same day, but things were really hectic that day so they scheduled it for later in the week.

So I came in for my second interview about ten minutes early, and proceeded to wait an hour for the interviewer to meet with me. He seemed like he was in a terrible mood and didn't want to meet with me in the first place. Now, the positions I applied for were cashier and sales floor team member; however, after a couple generic questions that were already asked in my first interview, he told me that those positions were filled and they had no use for me.

Half a week later, there were new ads put up for the same exact positions. Either this store has some serious communication issues, or they're fine with lying to interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last employer say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Simple phone interview followed by an in person interview the next day. Was asked simple questions about availability and then 3-4 situational interview questions on past experiences. 5 minutes or so thereafter, had a second interview where I was asked the same questions plus 1 additional.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you made a mistake and the steps you took to correct it.   Answer Question
    They refused to negotiate and stated all members come in at offered rate.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The interview process took about a month. Screening phone interview, 3 in person interviews, shadowing, and then one final phone interview with the HR market leader. My advice to anyone is to have a positive attitude and to be extremely upbeat when answering interview questions. It's important to display leadership experience. I was told by my interviewer that they can teach you the job, but they can't teach you how to be a leader. My advice is to practice practice practice behavioral questions! I spent two days writing out questions and my responses. It helped so much! It was an extremely positive experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time.....

Challenge a supervisor, made a big mistake,had to use active listening, provided excellent customer service, leverage a group etc.
        Answer Question