Target Interview Questions

4,889 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online. Standard interview process. They were quick. I went in for my interview within four days of applying. I applied for full-time only but still called me in an offered part-time. The interview was simple. No strange questions, no real thinkers. I ended up receiving an offer but not accepting based on the pay offered; minimum wage with college credit.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

fairly straight forward, SBO based questions. HR will do it in a three round interview style. the first round consists of general get to know your background style questions with a few SBO questions. a week later you will take a test and go through another round of mainly SBO questions. if you make it to the third round you will interview in person with 2 senior buyers and/or directors at HQ in Minneapolis. overall a pretty straightforward interview process. research the company, research SBO format, have 5-6 GREAT examples of things you experienced/did/lead and be able to apply them in multiple different ways. If you do that then you should be a great fit for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

The interview was great! The two managers were very friendly and had a positive attitude! I was first called for a phone interview then came in for a face to face about two days later. They hired me on the spot! If you are really serious about getting this job, read through the glassdoor reviews. There is no way that i would have aced this interview if i had not spent time looking through these answers. The interview questions were identical to the ones on here. When you go, try to have a upbeat and positive vibe! As long as you prep your answers ( which are given to you on this site) you'll be fine!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are pretty much on here! But the one that i did not see was " If i were to as three of your best friends to describe you in one word each, what would they be"?   View Answer
    • Why Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when ...   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Got a call from HR Manager was set for the next day. Interviewed for Team Leader. First step was finish up a follow up assessment to test math and logic skills. Meet with ETL interview basic questions. Meet with another ETL with more follow up questions. Then finally meet with Store Manager & HR Manager with a 1 on 1 getting to know about each other then asked a few STAR questions. If the store manager passes you on to her boss [District] Then you're good to go.
    Meet with Distric to make sure the Store and District Manager are on the same page. Finally, was called for job offer from home store.
    Basic job description getting to know each other. In person interview with ETL, STL and DTL.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 'Strengths' and areas of 'Improvment'.
      Tell me about a time when you exceeded another person's expectations?
      Tell me about a time when you had multiple things to do in a short period of time?
      You ring an item up for a guest and it comes to 24.99 and the guest tells you theres a sign up for 19.99. What do you do?

View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

I got a call from a manager exactly one week after applying in my local store and they asked me what position I wanted (on the computer I put 3 choices) and asked me if my availability was correct, as well as the wage I would be offered (no negotiation). They then asked if I would be available the next day for a phone interview.

The next day I got a call from an ETL and they asked me about 5 questions. They asked why I wanted to work at Target, a little about myself, what would a previous boss say is one of my strengths, name a time I encouraged a coworker, and name a time I had to juggle priorities and how I handled it. It was only about 15 minutes. After that, they asked if I could come in for a face to face interview that evening with one of the assistant managers.

I showed up to the Target store and they had me complete a 20 question, multiple choice survey asking what would be the "best" and "worst choices in those situations. Pretty easy, common sense questions. Then I was brought into the back room and watched a Sales Floor Team Member video. Then I was interviewed by the assistant manager. All the questions were situational/behavioral and they want you to give an example and state the outcome. The questions asked: name one of your weaknesses, name a time you had to lead a team, describe a time you didn't get along well with a coworker, etc. Again, pretty easy questions. Then they asked if I had any questions to ask. They told me what the pay would be and asked if the hours I had available were correct and then they had me sign a notice stating if I had had any felonies. Then they told me Target would call to schedule another interview with the Human Resources Team Member.

I came in the next day and met with the HR member and they asked to tell them about myself and why I thought I would be a good fit at Target. Then they pulled out the folder and asked if I accepted their offer and what the pay would be. Then they said I would be getting an email from Target to let me know when orientation would be.

Overall, the process was super fast and everyone was completely friendly. The interview was really laid back and easy and I'm really looking forward to working there!

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process takes some time, but the timing between each interview allows you to prepare for the next. The first interview is basically a screening with a recruiter who is very friendly and guides you through the questions and how to answer them. These are situational and behavior questions. I then had an interview on location with the DTL, but first they sprung up on me that I would be interviewing with an STL over the phone. This was kind of awkward since while I took the call I knew people could hear my answers and this made me very nervous. The STL was so friendly and did their best to make me feel comfortable. The in person interview on site was with the DTL. They were so friendly and really made you feel like they were just a person just like you. They do not do scare tactics when interviewing you. They want you to succeed. The DTL then told me at the end of the interview that I would be moving on to the next step in the process and would be contacted for the fourth and final interview. This interview was with the Group Leader. I had my interview rescheduled which was fine since it gave me an extra three days to prepare. This phone interview was just like the other ones, but shortened. This last interview was not the interview to ask questions and I felt that right away. These were all situational basically. The interviewer threw out a few curve ball questions, but nothing I didn't feel confident answering. I would told I would be contacted within 5-7 days. Day 4 I got the call for the offer and accepted right then and there!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to sacrifice something to reach a goal.
      Name a time you had to leverage your influence a group to get a tasks time in a certain time frame.
      Name a time you had to collaborate with others to complete an important project.

Answer Question

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview process was simple. One interview, I had worked previously with the Pharmacist and Technician at another store. I started a week after the interview. Target has a simple orientation. I

Interview Questions
    • The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I came dressed professional. The pharmacist basically told me about the position and what to expect.   View Answer
    Their was no negotiation.

Backroom Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online. Contacted about a week or two later. I had a phone interview on a Tuesday. It was pretty short, maybe 20 mins. The girl asked questions like:

-Why do you want to work for Target
    -Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.
    -Tell me about a time where you handled a lot at once.

At the end of the phone interview the girl said she would suggest that I move along in the hiring process. We then set up a time that would work.

Two (2) days after the phone interview I had a sit down interview with a different person, a HR person. She asked me three (3) questions:

-Why do you want to work for Target?
    -If a lady was looking for a pair of shoes, and you weren't assigned to the shoe department, and couldn't find them what would you do? (something along those lines) and;
    -If an item rang up for $19.99 but the customer said it should have rang up for $17.99, what would you do/how would you handle that?

After the sit down interview she asked about my schedule and briefly went of the job and hours and suggested I move along in the hiring process. The next week I came back in to finalize the offer and set up orientation.

Both of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and nice. Do some research and know what you're going to say and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    Asked about pay. Said it was a set wage. No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview at the store you're looking to be hired at. The phone interview is mostly situational and used to get to know more about you. The in person interview is questions based off a video you are required to watch during the interview time. The in person interview was 3-5 questions. Not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If the customer says they saw this shirt for $15 and it rings up as $25 what do you do?   View Answers (4)

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Filled out an online app to receive a call to attend a hiring opportunity two days later with less than twenty-four hour notice. I arrived at around 7:50am for the appointment that was at 8:00am. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire by returns in a little booth with a computer. Once me and two others finished that we were told to head to the pharmacy and go through the door on the right of it. They showed us a short two minute video about what working the sales floor of Target was all about, kind of weird since we were all here for overnight backroom stocking which meant we did not have to work with customers; the third male that was there was actually applying for an HQ position so even more baffling. After that it was around 9am we were all one by one taken out of the breakroom they left us in to be interviewed. The interview was very short and pretty simple even though most questions could not apply to me as I had not worked and they did not like any answers regarding school it seemed. Only about five questions were asked. She asked if I had any questions after she explained how the position I was applying for worked and if I was still interested. I was still interested and had asked around three or four questions regarding the position. She then led me back to the breakroom with the others who had came back before me to await another interviewer. At this time it may have been around 9:30am and they proceeded to leave us there for about an hour with no check up or anything. We had thought they had forgotten we were even there. Around 10:30am were finally interviewed once more, my second interview was very similar to the first except I was a lot less comfortable as I had been starving since the first interview concluded and had lost a lot of focus being there for about three hours being asked only roughly five questions. We concluded the interview and had asked me if I had any questions as the first interviewer did. I told him I did not as I had already asked all of them with the first interviewer not knowing we were going to be interviewed twice. He told me he and others would review my resume and what I had said in my interviews and give me a call. Around two days later I received an e-mail roughly around 3am thanking me for my interest but they could not offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest needed to find a pair of shoes and you noticed a pair in the wrong section? (Something like that.)   View Answer
    • What would you if you rang something up at $19.99 and the customer claimed it was $17.99?   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   Answer Question