Target Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

They called about a week after submitting my application and asked about my availability and if I had any upcoming vacations. They then told me what the job paid ($9/hr) and asked if I was still interested. They then scheduled a phone interview for the following week which I just completed. The phone interview was only about five minutes and she seemed in a rush to get off the phone, so I'm not sure I'll be contacted for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker or peer? How would your past supervisors describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Sunday morning (April 2015) and got a call back later on that afternoon from HR. I called them back and had a phone interview. They asked me questions like why did I want to work at Target? What does the 3 F's (Fun, Fast, and Friendly) mean to me? Do I have any experience working with the position (cashier) I am applying for? What is my availability? If they were to call my previous employers, what would they say my strengths and weakness are?
    After I answered those questions the lady asked me if I would be able to come in on Tuesday for a in store interview, which I said yes. I got to the store around 10:50am and waited for about 10 minutes and then the lead lady in HR came out and got me. We went into their interview room and we started off with the questions. The questions were about my past work history and behavioral situations; the interview went pretty well I would say. The lady then asked me if there was any other jobs I was interested in besides being a cashier, I said Guest Services and she said that was basically the same thing. She then said that she thinks I would be good working in HR and so she asked me some questions about HR and then she told me I was going to take a assessment test. The assessment test was 20 questions and they were the same questions but they were just which was the best and worst. I then waited for another 20 minutes until they took me up to there training room to watch a 10 minute video. I then shadowed a guy who worked in HR to see how I would like it and if I would get a good vibe from it. I did that for about 10 minutes and then waited another 10 minutes for another female to come in and interview me. The second interview took about 10 minutes and it was basically the same questions just re worded. Then 5 minutes later the first lady who interviewed me and offered me the position as a Cashier which I applied for in the beginning. They told me it would take 48 hours to do the background check and gave me my letter for the job offer and told me they would call me once they set up an orientation date and to come in khaki's, red plain shirt and shoes.

Interview Questions

• 1. If we were to call your previous job, what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are?
      2. Explain a time when you worked with a co worker who you did not get along with and how did you work through it?
      3. What is something you think you could work on?
      4. Would you feel comfortable trying to get a guest to sign up for a red card?
      5. Tell me about a time when you had a job duty to finish but a guest came up and needed your help, how did you handle that?
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to deliver difficult news?

Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Newport News, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my college career fair. I received an email a few days later saying they wanted me to have an interview. The first interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Loved the woman who interviewed me- super sweet! They asked me 5 behavioral questions and contacted me 3 days later saying I got a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake with significant impact.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

I talked to a target rep at a career fair. They asked me to sign up for an interview after talking to the rep for about 30 mins. The interview was the next day. I had 3 interviewers and they asked me behavioral questions.

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 24 hours received a call from the store scheduling an interview. I had one short interview that mainly focused on workplace attitude questions, then I had to finish an applicant questionnaire which asked situational questions. Following that there was a short video explaining the position I was applying for and another short interview that included more situational questions and asked about the video I viewed. Finally, there was one more interview with the person who manages the department I would work under. She then offered me the job then and there. It seemed like a lot but honestly, just giving decent answers will be plenty good enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your attitude positively influenced a situation and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had a disagreement with a coworker. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what the Target REDcard is? Please sell it to me.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was typical for retail, they asked easy questions about what you would do in situations, how you would handle something and explained how they work there. They are fast fun and friendly. Then explained orientation and all that. I have to make this 30 words and the interview probably wasn't even that long.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone stole something, name a certain situation you had to handle a stressful
      Situation. Stuff like that.

1 Answer

Clinic Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online, received a call from Target's Human resource as few days later to set up an interview. Also had a phone interview with a Nurse practitioner. At one point during the interview, I took a personality/skill quiz. After the interview you are given a salary, and you have 24 hours to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe a time a customer asked for your help and you weren't able to help them?
      Why are you interested in this job?

Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call a few days later and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and was asked to wait. I waited about ten minutes until someone finally came and took me into an office. I did the interview and was asked to wait in the break room for the second interview. I waited about fifteen minutes until the same person from the first interview came back and said there wasn't time to do the second interview. They told me to expect a call, but instead I got an email saying they could not offer be the position at this time.

Honestly, because I didn't get to do the second part of the interview, I felt a little bit cheated. It was about lunch time, so I couldn't help but wonder if the person doing my second interview was out at lunch.

Interview Questions

• A time you were asked to do something and went beyond expectation?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Behavioral questions. To me about a time.... When you made a mistake... When you didn't have strong backing for your idea... When you had massive information you needed to work with... When you had to deliver constructive feedback... When you had a difficult person to work with... Be prepared to provide Situation, behavior, outcome.

Senior Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by 3 interviews; 2 interviewers per interview. Called back for a "bless-off" interview a week later. Final offer came about a week after that.