Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
4,152 Interview Reviews

2.8

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Online application, Phone Interview with many "tell me about a time..." questions, One on One interview followed by a third interview with pretty much the same questions then if offered the position then you take a test then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any Difficult questions as their question are on a sheet of paper as a guideline and have no unique kind of questions. All questions pretty much start with "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question
    No negotiation they just stated this is what we can do.

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview was situation based questions averaging 5-6 questions for each of the 3 separate interviews. Questions are best answered in a format beginning with the situation then your behaviors and followed by the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just come prepared with great examples of your leadership in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Target ETL Logistics Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

I had a friend send my resumer to hisee recruiter. A week later I was contacted through email asking what day and time I will like to have my phone interview. When she called she asked to me tell her about myself. After that she asked a series of "tell me about a time when" questions we ran out of time. It was only 30 minutes. She was very nice. Still waiting on a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that made a significant impact.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I was turned down without even being given an interview. I filled out the application in store, was told to wait for a manager to come out, the manager came out and said they didn't want to hire me for the position I applied for. Instead they wanted to know if I'd apply for a cashier position instead which I declined.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Applied through the website. Got a email a month later about setting up phone interview. My phone interview was later that week. They used the stars interviewing method, focusing on customer experience questions. Once the interview was done, I was emailed a personality and customer experience test. Took the test and that was the last thing I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, basic questions about customer and your experience   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

3 interviews total. Mostly situational questions (Tell me about a time...) and are assessing you based on your answer of situation, behavior, outcome format. Communication and level of enthusiasm counts

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a policy or procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question

Starbucks Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

There were 2 interviews, one with a random team lead and then with an executive team lead. They asked common behavioral questions. They gave me an overview of the job and what the schedule would look like. They offered me a job at the end

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were successful as a team?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Applied through the website, got a call within 4 days. Was asked to conduct a phone interview the next day. Got a call on time and was asked situation-based questions. At the end, we scheduled an in-person interview. Was asked similar questions in person. HR Executive offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you do after?"   View Answer
    Unable to negotiate due to pay grade scale.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview 1 - Phone Screening, pretty typical questions. Tell me a time you had a problem with a coworker; tell me a time you worked together as a team to accomplish a goal; tell me a time when you disagreed with your boss; etc.

Interview 2 - In-person with District Team Leader and a Store Manager. Again, pretty typical interview questions.

Interview 3 (final) - Phone interview with HR Market Leader - similar questions to last 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you prepared for something and something unexpected occurred.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

I was asked about myself, then asked why I thought I was a good leader, and the final question was if I was ok with shift work. After that I was told about the in person interview process and benefits of the company, as well as a salary I could expect if I were to get an offer.