Target Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within two days I received a phone call to schedule an in person interview. The first interview was simple enough. The person was super nice and friendly made me feel relaxed. At the end he informed me I would get a call for my next interview. The same day I received a call. It was during the second interview were it got difficult. The hiring manger was more intimidating and of course my anxiety chocked me. In the end she said they will call. A week later I got an email saying I did not receive the job. The questions are situational and behavioral like tell me a time...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work at Target? Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself? Tell me a time when you exceeded someone else expectation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over all around forty five minutes. I was asked questions very similar to the one asked on here. I would recommend at the end of the first interview when they ask if you have questions, ask them "Do you have any concerns about my qualifications for this position?" This allowed the employer to tell me what they think and provided tips on what I should do for the second interview if they pass you. The second interview is the same except more in details. Basically, prepare for the questions, wear the correct outfit and smile, smile smile!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a situation where you were working with another person you had conflict with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to take initiative in a group situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy because they were paying nine an hour, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal. I got two in person interviews. both had similar STAR method/Behavior question. Overall it was pretty laid back the interviewers where friendly. reading other interviews on glassdoor helped enormously. they pretty much laid out the whole process. my tip would be to prepare anywhere from 5-7 STAR method success stories you can depend on to answer the majority of the questions. Good luck job hunters

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay I guess. I had to wait for an hour for the interviewer to come see me. She said they were gonna call me back for a second interview,but I doubt since they let me go.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very casual. I talked to two people. They asked a lot of questions. They said I answered them well. When I called to check on the job, they said I was turned down because of the interview.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Brooklyn Park, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through the careers section of Target.com for this role several months ago and was originally no longer under consideration. The role was reopened and I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screening. She asked behavior based questions (4) and a few other "get to know you" type of questions. When we wrapped up, she said she would get in touch with me soon. I got a call the next morning letting me know that I was going to be contacted by another HR representative to schedule the next round. I was told I would interview with an STL and a DTL. The STL interview was via phone and the DTL interview was at the District Office. My STL had a manager-in-training listening in on the phone interview. I was scheduled for 30 minutes with the STL immediately followed by 30 min with the DTL. The STL interview went longer than 30 min, making me 10-12 minutes late for the DTL interview. To my surprise, I not only met with the DTL but also with a DTL-In training and an HR Business Partner. I was not prepared for a panel interview, but they followed the exact same format as the phone screening and the STL interview. Get to know you questions followed by 4 Behavior questions. About half way through my DTL interview, the next interview candidate showed up so we were a bit rushed. The DTL was obviously anxious and started to fidget and had a problem keeping still and staying engaged. 5 days later I received an email stating that they had moved forward with another candidate. They have a strict no-feedback policy so I was unable to follow up for more information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

the process was incredibly simple. I filled out the application online, and the next day I received an email and a call about my job. within 3 days I was in the store (today) for my interview. the first thing I noticed was that everyone was very friendly, which was very reassuring. I was taken into my first interview, and made small talk with the woman, and we got along very well. she asked me the usual questions: how you got through a stressful time, how you worked with someone you didn't get along with, etc. I was then told I was getting a second interview, which was the same as the first, if not better. I ultimately got the job on the spot, which was awesome. I'm very excited to get started next week :)

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to prioritize? how did you do it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with different recruiters. I actually applied for one job, but they thought I might be more interested in another role. I had 3 in person interviews with 2 managers and a Sr. manager. Also, on the same day, I took an online assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lowell, MA).

Interview

It was pretty fast an easy to get. I first applied online. then i called to speak to the hiring manager to quicken the process and get an interview which i did then. I did fairly well in the interview. I got the job like real fast.

Interview Questions

• they ask you different scenerios and how you would react in them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Very easy. I applied online and was called to schedule an interview a few days later. They ask that you dress professionally, but I went in a dress and flip flops, oops. My interviewer was interested in what I had to say even though it was a standard "ask these questions from this list". After I talked to one interviewer they asked me to meet with another interviewer, and it was the same thing. After that they took me to meet the store manager who asked me a few questions and sent me to HR to finish my new hire paper work. I was so surprised and thankful! They require you to take a drug test and give you all the paperwork for it. After my test came back clean I was called in for orientation and began working that week! Very streamlined and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question