Target Interview Questions

4,237 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I was called to set up an interview a few days after submitting my application. First I interviewed with a younger woman and she asked me the basic questions about previous work experience ("Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer") and why I wanted to work for Target. At the end of the interview I thanked her for her time and said I hoped to hear from her soon and she assured me she believed I definitely would be. I was asked to stay so I could be interviewed by the Hiring Manager; she introduced herself and right off the bat and told me they'd like to offer me the position given that I was okay with the pay and could get to the drug testing location within twenty-four hours.
    While it was a little unexpected and overwhelming at the time, I accepted the offer, passed the drug test, and was later called and given an orientation date. At orientation there was a plethora of information given as well as a packet of brochures; but no information on the sale of REDcards or the 90-day "trial" period; which seem like important things to mention.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, but I was offered a little over minimum wage in my state.

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

I applied online through the Target website and was contacted within two weeks for a phone screening. I then was passed on to do a phone interview with a human resources business partner. Next I had a face to face interview with the District Team Leader and a local STL, and was contacted a week later for my final interview with a regional HR leader. An hour after that interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that changed the way someone else had to do their job.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation, but they offered an extremely competitive first offer.

Cashier Interview

Applied online and Target called me within a few days. Interview questions were entirely standard mainly "tell me about a time when" questions. They look to see if you're a people person and have a positive outlook on life as well as your ability to function well as part of a team. First interview is with HR usually; then a second is with a manager that would normally be your direct supervisor. They job offer you on the spot after the second interview and then have you go take a drug test which you have 24 hours to complete.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a goal and how you dealt with it moving forward."   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

i applied online for the job. within the next morning someone called me and told me to come for the interview 1 day after. I was really nervous as it was my first interview and i dint have work experience. i had interview with three different people. but seriously, i liked it. They are very nice and friendly and at the end of each interview they told me what i had to improve for the next session.
    they asked questions like -
    why do you want to work in target?
    do you have any previous experience working in a retail store?
    if we ask a supervisor what will be your strength/ weakness what will they tell they are?
    And then there were behavioral job interview questions like tell me time when you had to do something beyond expectations and what was the outcome?
    the next interviewer asked me similar questions but instead of behavioral questions they asked questions related to the store like if a customer comes upto you and asks for a shoe thats not available what will you do?
    the overall experience was really nice..they will be smiling at you and talking to you very friendly. you will fell very comfortable

Interview Questions
    • when was a time when you had to multitask and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    just be yourself..and smile.. and dont be nervous like me.

Softlines - Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I completed an online application through indeed.com website and got a call back the next day. I was offered an interview for Softline position and I happily agreed to come in the next day.

I arrived on time and was ushered to a computer station where I did a brief assessment and then was walked back to the break room where I waited until I was called for my first interview. I was asked about my past employment positions and how they related to the position I was applying for. I was asked what was something that I accomplished that exceeded someone else's expectations. I was asked to name a time I had a project where I accomplished a goal. I was asked what would an employer have to say about my strengths in my past job position. What would an employer say about my weaknesses in my past job position. If a customer brings an item to the register that is 19.99 and says they saw it priced in the back at 17.99 What would I do?

Interview Questions
    • What would an employer say about your weaknesses in your past job position?   Answer Question
    No. I was given a price.

Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site factory tour an executive behavioral interview. Questions were fairly predictable and straightforward. Friendly people. The recruiters responded to all inquires quickly. Factory tour was interesting, some parts of factory were blocked off to tours because of proprietary processes. Very nice pay, just in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were forced into taking a leadership position   Answer Question

In a very small town

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I applied online around the beginning of October. I was contacted vis phone roughly a week later by a member of HR. I was told I would be called the next day for a phone interview with a TL. They called the next day, and I was then told I would recieve another call telling me when to come in for a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. I recieved that call a day later. Once in store, I waited for just under an hour. The interview was easy, and the manager asked all pf the questions that I had seen on here. I was offered the position and accepted. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something interesting about yourself.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate the pay rate.

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interview process was easy. I applied online and within 2-3 days they called me to have the interview the next day. I wasn't dressed work attire appropriately because I didn't have enough time to go buy some slacks and shoes between the time when they called me and the interview so I had to work with what I had. I had on a nice blouse, dark wash denim jeans, and riding boots. When it came time for the interview I had no actual work experience, just volunteer experience. I went into Target 15 minutes before the time of my interview and went to costumer service to tell them I had an interview. They took me up to this room with other people and we had to watch a short movie on how employees should act around customers and the certain jobs they do. After they called me in to another room and I shook hands with the 2 people that were interviewing me. They went over my availability and they asked me a series of questions. Why do you want to work at Target?(I said because I have to pay for college tuition and every one is friendly and ready to help and I felt I could contribute to that. I probably shouldn't have mentioned the tuition part) What was the position you applied for (food service)? Describe a task you had to do similar to the job you applied for? (I helped serve food at the fair) Name a time when you worked in a team and what was the out come? ( I talked about how I was on a basketball team for 9 years and how we made it to championships) Are you able to work other areas than the job you applied for (it was a yes or no question, I said yes). After that they asked if I had any questions and I just said if they needed a resume`. They said they had to interview more people and if I was the right candidate they would let me know and I thanked them and left. Then 2 days later I received an email saying I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time went you went above and beyond what was asked of you.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The whole process took 4 days . They called 2 days after I applied and they just told me to come in 2 days later for an interview . Which was today , first you get interviewed with one women and they ask basic question about past jobs and the responsibilities . Pretty easy , the lady was super nice and made me feel comfortable . Then she says go back in the waiting room for the next interview. So the next women comes and asks similar questions , she was sweet also . I wasn't nervous at all. Then she says wait in the break room. 5 minutes later ANOTHER women brings me to her office and says I got the job and that orientation is next Monday .

Interview Questions
    • What if a customer asks a question and you don't know the answer?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interview process was very long- it consisted of four 30minute interviews and an hour long assessment online. The process spanned about 2.5 weeks. The first interview was held on my school's campus. The second and third were at the local district office (one after the other on the same day). The last was through FaceTime. The good thing about the interview process was that you find out if you're moving on very quickly. The questions were all behavioral and read from packets. I was expecting Target to go easy on applicants but at the end of all of my interviews, I felt mentally drained. Here are some of the questions: Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to someone and tell me how s/he improved as a result, about a time where you had to give something up for a commitment, about a time you made a significant mistake, about a time where you had to build a professional relationship with someone who disagreed with you on something, about a conflict within a group and how you resolved it, why target, what do you know about target, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were so specific that I had to ask for a few minutes to compose my answer.   Answer Question

The offer was good but I'm still waiting for a final round of interviews with another company in November (my first choice). Target gave me a week to respond to my offer. I'll be asking for a month extension and see what happens.