Target

Updated Jan 26, 2015
4,633 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

First receieved a call from a very enthusiastic manager saying I would be called for a phone interview the following week. When I did the phone interview I spoke with another enthusiastic and very sweet woman. The interview process was easy and very laid back. She then said she wanted me to come in for an in person interview. I was told I was interviewing for a job that was a step down from team lead and the pay would reflect that. I assumed that meant it would be more than minimum wage. When I went in for the in person interview the woman seemed confused and offered me the job on the spot but at a rate far less than I even expected, only a couple cents above minimum wage for what I thought was a managerial type position. Total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Pay rate was not what I expected or led to believe. I was honestly insulted with my past retail experience.

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

3 interviews with different levels on management. Each interview consisted of situational based questions. The interviewer is looking for someone who is energetic, can solve problems well and willing to work hard and be resilient.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and scheduled my first interview within a week - was very nice and really just wanted to get to know me - asked me a few behavioral questions and set up another interview while we were on the phone

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a different outlook as someone else but you came together for the same end goal   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I had to go through 3 interviews; first one being on the phone and 2 in person. All are situational questions that are described as "star interview questions." I was asked what are my strengths and weaknesses, a lot of "tell me about a time..."

Just be relaxed. They are normal interview questions, but Target wants you to succeed. So take a big breath and just let your personality shine. They love personable people. I even had to ask the District Team Lead (big boss man) to repeat himself and re-word the question he was asking me because I was so nervous. He was completely okay with it and I received an offer. They did not tell me right away if I was offered the job or not. I had to wait a few more days for an offer and had 24 hours to go take a drug test. Once that came back negative, I was put into a training class a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you messed up and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

i applied online and i got a call for an interview about a month later. the interview was okay, it wasn't too hard. i was very nervous though because it was my first interview ever. i interviewed 1:1 with 2 different people. the first person was a bit in depth and the second person was more of a formality, i guess. the interviews with the people took about 5-10 minutes each, but they made me wait about 30-45 minutes to see each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • what skill do you have that could contribute to this company.   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

I submitted an application around September they contacted me around October and asked me to read apply because my application had expired.they asked me to resubmit my application and this being one application of many trying to get my first job with no experience I was eager to submit another application.they asked me to come in the following Monday at 2 p.m. For a questionnaire and interviews I showed up they gave me the questionnaire and then proceeded to interview me 3 times I felt I was a little shaky on the interviews but they ended up calling me in for orientation about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you could prove about your personality.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate much seeing as it was a seasonal position and they had a lot of us applying and me being my first job I wasn't too picky.

Marketing Manager Interview

Networked in. Had a screening call with the recruiter, two informal coffee meetings with potential managers, one full day of interviews and a final in person interview with the SVP.

Interview Questions
    They would not negotiate much. I didn't push hard (wish I would have now that I know how hard it is to get a raise)

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Applied to target online got a phone call maybe a week later to schedule a phone interview a few days after. Phone interview was short, simple, and pretty stupid. Took literally maybe 5 minutes to ask pretty generic questions that are impossible to get wrong. Got told I passed after that interview and was scheduled an in person interview with an ETL a few days later. The in person interview was exactly the same as the phone interview. Got hired on the spot. Went to HR to fill out paperwork, get my orientation date, and was told to submit a drug test withing 24 hours or I will be terminated. I did so that same day and my orientation was a month and some later.

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer Target?
      How would you respond to an upset customer?
      If a customer wants a price change and it is reasonable do you say no or give it to them? (this is a big one target is strict about adjusting prices if a guest challenges you as long as in reasonable price range like $15 instead of $20)
      Are you able to work at a fast-pace?
      Etc.

View Answer
    I got less than what minimum wage was and could not negotiate it. Really ridiculous but I needed the job and at that time though Target was the best thing to ever happen to me so I took it.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

applied online through my school and was granted an interview on campus. The interview was about 30 mins with 2 store managers both asking questions about my current position. I moved on to the next step and then it was a phone interview with another manager who asked similar questions and then a few new questions about what I can bring to Target.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Met at Job Fair at my school, gave resume, talked about my goals. Hand an on campus interview about two weeks later. I truly enjoyed the interview, it couldn't have gone better. Easy flow and standard questions. About 2 weeks later received an email to set up a time where I could talk to a recruiter. During this talk they offered me a position.