Target

Updated Nov 17, 2014
4,417 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I had to wait about two hours before I got interviewed. They were hiring multiple people at once. The interview was fairly easy, it was mostly situational questions. The interviewer was really nice and relaxed. You should smile a lot. Maybe think about your answers before hand because it can be awkward if you have to think about them.

Presentation Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I was first applying for a lower position but based on my resume they realized I was more qualified for a higher position. They told me of the Pricing and Presentation Team Leader which works with the other team leaders to make sure the whole store is in top shape. I interviewed the first day a few days after a phone screen with a store team leader. My first interview consisted of a two part interview one with the Executive Store Leader and one with a Human Resources executive. They both were friendly and comforting to talk to. A few days later after calling and playing phone tag as the right person was never available or they had my application somewhere else, I got a call from the Sales Floor Team Leader who tells me I'd be better as a Customer Service Assistant. So I asked what the new position made and it was too close to minimum wage for my liking. I was looking for a full time position with responsibilities. Not a part time position within a dollar of minimum wage. It was a bit insulting.

Interview Questions
    • Asks what your worst at. Most people don't want to or know how to answer that about themselves.   View Answer

I did not want to work part time or for a very low pay.

Internship Interview

Second round interview at distribution center. Took a tour of the facility, presentation to learn more about target and then two or three 30 minute interviews. Great company, great learning experience.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied online and got a call a day later and got a phone interview. The questions were pretty easy like "Why Target?" and also questions about my availability. I got scheduled for an interview the next day. When I got there, I was told to fill out a questionnaire on the computers and then I was taken to HR for the interview. The first interview was easy as well, basically asking about my availability and situational questions like "Describe a time when you had to work together as a team to achieve a common goal." I had another interview and it was also basic behavioral questions like "What would you do if a guest can't find a certain shoe size?". If you have experience working as a team or a job then you should do fine on the interview. I also got offered a job on the spot.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

The interviewing process was rather simple, granted if you pass the online questionnaire with high points. A shorthand way of approaching that part of the application is to remember that Target is seeking positive, helpful, team-playing individuals who undoubtedly see good in all people, especially Target’s guests. Keep that in mind while answering the questions and you'll do fine.
    If you get a call for an interview, in person or on the phone, you practically have your foot in the door already. The questions were easy and they mostly regard past job experiences and what have you done or what you would do in x and y situations questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you ring up an item as 19.99 but the guest insists that the price is 17.99, what would you do?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Applied online, got a call about a month later. Went in for interview and had three before i was told i got the job. Usually im a very nervous person when it comes to interviews but the managers are so outgoing and happy that they make the overall experience easier!

Interview Questions
    • Why Target ?
      What would you do if a customer was looking for a shoe size and we didnt have it in stock?
      What do you do if you ring up a item and it rings up as 19.99 but the customer tells you it was displayed for 16.99?
        View Answer
    No negotiation as far as pay they gave me what i asked for, position wise i applied as a cashier but was offered a poition as a sales floor team member.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied online and a couple weeks later got a phone call asking if I was still interested and then set up a date/time to come in for an interview. I did not have a phone interview. I went in and took a little situational test on the computer then was taken back to wait for someone to interview me. The guy then took me into a room and asked me my availability, how many hours a week I'm willing to work and then just asked general questions like why I want to work there, ect. then three situational questions. I went back and waited for a second interview, went in with the woman and it was the same thing. When I was done with her I waited for someone else to come talk to me about pay rate and orientation which I would be called for because they wanted to do a larger group instead of a few people. I ended up calling two days after my interview to see if there was a date for orientation yet and there was so I went in the next day for it. Did some paperwork with 10 other people, watched videos and then had a tour of the store and got my training schedule. I start tomorrow!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, doing research on what question they might ask helped so much.   View Answer
    No negotiation, I was happy with the pay.

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I first got into contact with a Target Rep. at the University of Wisconsin-Stout's Career Fair. I was not initially looking for an internship and was just looking around. I talked to a few reps and they were very upbeat and seemed interested in me. They then asked me to set up an on-campus interview with them for the next day. The whole interview was all behavioral questions and the interviewer was very personable and open to answer any question I asked with great detail. After about a week after the on-campus interview, I received and email letting me know that I had moved on to the next round of interviews. I then had to make a profile on Target's website and do an assessment test that took about an hour to complete. After the assessment test was taken, I received a call the next day to set up a time to have my final interview. I went to the HR campus in Brooklyn Park, MN for my final interview and It went very well! The interview was like the last and they only asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was very upbeat and told me that I would get a call within 3 to 4 days to let me know if I got the internship or not. I got a call the very next day and was offered the internship. After that I had to take a drug test, have a background check done, and made sure that I was able to work in the U.S. Overall, it was a great but nerve-wracking experience. The interviewers were very personable and friendly and really shows the vibe that Target is looking for in an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to give up something that you really wanted to do. What was the issue and outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

I used all of the other reviews to make sure I was prepared for my interviews. The first interview was over the phone and that took place on a Wednesday morning. She told me she was recommending me for a second interview and to expect to be called that same day or the next day. I called on Monday because I still hadn't received a call and the individual explained they wanted me to come back for a second interview and that she was very busy. I had the second interview yesterday, Wednesday, so the process has taken about a week.

Make sure you are prepared for your interview by taking in all of the advice given here. Before the second interview I was required to watch a video about the job I was applying for, make sure you use things stated in that video during your interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation they let me know what the starting pay was and I agreed to the amount.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Got a call on Wednesday, scheduled an interview the following day. Came in professionally dressed which seemed kind of pointless since a guy with jeans, sneakers, and a casual shirt was also there for an interview and got hired. Before the interview started, I had to complete a applicant questionnaire with situation based question that make you pick the best and worse action to take.

After that I was called by one of the leads and she took me to a room. At first she see seemed kind of uninterested and in a bad mood but turns out it was just for show. She asked me about 6 questions where she wrote down what I was saying on a piece of paper. I was nervous at the time and desperately tried not to be obvious a outs it. After I answered the last question she commented that my answers were excellent and was going to recommend me to some other person. She lead me out to the break room where I sat for for quite a while until another person finally called me. This time it was the lead in charge of the cashiers. She was nice and everything but serious when it came to business. She asked similar questions that the first interviewer asked but reworded. She also asked about me availability, wrote it down and made me sign the paper. In the end she said she was going to see if HR would offer me a job.

Again, I sat outside, this time for a much longer time. Finally someone from HR called me and told me about the offer with a wage of $9 which isint too bad. I accepted and they said they'd have someone get in touch about orientation. Overall the whole process took about an hour and a half.

Whatever questions you get make sure you base your answers on the idea that its important to give "guests", not customers, a pleasant experience. Helping guests. That's basically what Target is about and what they're looking for in people.
    Also, for the situation based or apply this to an experience question, you don't necessarily have to rely on your job history. If you do extracurricular activities or go to school, you can use examples from that. You can even make something up on the spot or apply a situation that happened to a coworker and apply it to yourself and they won't even know the difference. Trust me, I know cause I did it.

Wish those applying here the best of luck!

Interview Questions
    • Explain the situation, what you did, and the outcome based question:
      Describe a situation where nearing the end towards an assignment you realized you made a mistake.
      Describe a situation where you cooperated in a team effort.
      Describe a situation where you had a limited amount of time and had so much to do. How did you prioritize?
      Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for someone than any other person.
      General questions:
      Why do you want to work at target?
      If I talked to your supervisor/teacher, what would they say are your strengths and what you need to improve on?
      Why a cashier?
      Scenario based questions:
      What would you do if a customer wants a specific shoe size, style, but there aren't any on the shelf?
      You scan an item that reads $19.99. The customer sees this and says the shelf has a price of $17.99. What would you do?
      Do you know the benefits of a TargetRedCard? How would you go about selling it to me if I were a customer?
        Answer Question