Target Interview Questions

2.8

Target Protection Specialist (TPS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I worked in electronics prior to moving into this position so I didn't have to go through the normal application process/drug test. First interview was with the Assets Protection manager. Most of the questions are tell me about a time and some behavior questions. 2nd interview is was with the HR manger. They offer me the position couple days later. You then fill out a packet of questions dealing with theft. Training is about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult person or situation and how you handle it   Answer Question
    If you get hired within the store the raise won't be much

ETL - Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Still going through interview process. All behavioral, STAR method questions. Tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle? Tell me about a time when you leveraged a group to get something done? Offered exceptional customer service?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you created a strategy to achieve a longterm business goal?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I have been on 4 interviews, awaiting a 5th. It is long, but I was told they have to coordinate people to interview you. So far the interview process has went well. Whether I get the job or not, the people have been helpful and full of energy. They are seeking people who want to lead.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that would effect other team members and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake that had a significant impact?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Went through three interviews and received a generic "thank you for applying, but" letter. After three interviews, I think that you should receive an actual phone call from the store manager that you interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Generic, situation questions. Nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Had a great interviewer; she put me at ease immediately. Unfortunately I didn't report directly to her & she ended up leaving for a more lucrative, personally satisfying job.

Interview Questions
    • What can you add to the "Target Experience"?   View Answer
    Wasn't one! Told I would "start at minimum wage," and not given any sort of idea of what raises were like. Took the job because I was desperately poor, needed to work, didn't want to go on welfare.

ETL Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Had 2 phone interviews and then 2 in person interviews and then one final phone interview. The questions were the usual behavioral questions that have been posted here before. For example, name a time when you had to work on a group project. It was a pretty long interview process overall. The phone interviews were with current Store Managers in your district. Then, you have an in person interview with another Store Manager. Then, you have an in person interview with your District Manager. Then, you have a final phone screen with a few higher group managers that only asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was why I chose to go to the college I went to. They seemed to be looking for someone who goes after what they want and is sure of what they want which is why the question was posed. That being said, it threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

You start off watching a little video and doing a survey. Just the basic questionaire to see if you're not totally insane then they'll process that and wait. Someone comes and gives you an interview. The questions are really basic, anything you can find online. But my tip is to refer some of your answers to the short video they make you watch.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Instocks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Filled out an application online. Got called back a couple days later. Went to an interview and got hired that same day.

The Interview is in 3 parts and if you get to the third you most likely got hired.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied to Target online on August 1st. I received a call from Target on August 4th to set up a phone interview for the next day. They called me again about 2 minutes after the time specified. Although, I mildly freaked out and forgot how to speak for the first minute. I ended up doing alright. The person that interviewed me was very nice and understanding. I recovered and was able to secure a second interview in person for the 7th. I arrived to my interview on time, dressed in khakis and a white button up shirt. I met someone at guest services who led me to a kiosk to complete a questionnaire. (Which is not the same as the one in the application.) After I completed the questionnaire, I was led to the office and met the person who called me to set up the phone interview. I was then led to a room with a television and watched a video about what the job would entail. Afterwards, I met the person who conducted the interview. The questions were similar to the phone interview and the questions people mentioned earlier. After I asked my questions, I was given a conditional job offer. The condition being, I pass a drug test within 24 hours and a background check.
    I had my drug test within the specified time frame and received a call about orientation on the 12th. Orientation was set up for the 14th.

Interview Questions
    This is my first real job. I was offered 10 cents above minimum wage and I accepted. I didn't negotiate.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

initial phone interview with pharmacist. Complete an application on Target careers online. Facetime interview the next business day with regional manager. All "tell me about a when..." type questions. Started out with telling about myself. Asked why I want to work for Target. Asked to tell about a time when I had to prioritize

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you recieved 2 conflicting pieces of information & had to make a decision   Answer Question