Target Interview Questions

5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Brooklyn Park, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through the careers section of Target.com for this role several months ago and was originally no longer under consideration. The role was reopened and I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screening. She asked behavior based questions (4) and a few other "get to know you" type of questions. When we wrapped up, she said she would get in touch with me soon. I got a call the next morning letting me know that I was going to be contacted by another HR representative to schedule the next round. I was told I would interview with an STL and a DTL. The STL interview was via phone and the DTL interview was at the District Office. My STL had a manager-in-training listening in on the phone interview. I was scheduled for 30 minutes with the STL immediately followed by 30 min with the DTL. The STL interview went longer than 30 min, making me 10-12 minutes late for the DTL interview. To my surprise, I not only met with the DTL but also with a DTL-In training and an HR Business Partner. I was not prepared for a panel interview, but they followed the exact same format as the phone screening and the STL interview. Get to know you questions followed by 4 Behavior questions. About half way through my DTL interview, the next interview candidate showed up so we were a bit rushed. The DTL was obviously anxious and started to fidget and had a problem keeping still and staying engaged. 5 days later I received an email stating that they had moved forward with another candidate. They have a strict no-feedback policy so I was unable to follow up for more information.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with different recruiters. I actually applied for one job, but they thought I might be more interested in another role. I had 3 in person interviews with 2 managers and a Sr. manager. Also, on the same day, I took an online assessment.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lowell, MA).

Interview

It was pretty fast an easy to get. I first applied online. then i called to speak to the hiring manager to quicken the process and get an interview which i did then. I did fairly well in the interview. I got the job like real fast.

Interview Questions

• they ask you different scenerios and how you would react in them   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Very easy. I applied online and was called to schedule an interview a few days later. They ask that you dress professionally, but I went in a dress and flip flops, oops. My interviewer was interested in what I had to say even though it was a standard "ask these questions from this list". After I talked to one interviewer they asked me to meet with another interviewer, and it was the same thing. After that they took me to meet the store manager who asked me a few questions and sent me to HR to finish my new hire paper work. I was so surprised and thankful! They require you to take a drug test and give you all the paperwork for it. After my test came back clean I was called in for orientation and began working that week! Very streamlined and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I thought this was going to be a group interview since there was 4 other people. One of them had worse there before 8 years ago. Each person gets interviewed separately by different people. I had two different interviews. They both asked almost the same questions. Said they would call back, haven't had a call. This was 3 weeks ago.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, had employee referral. Phone screen. Brought onsite for one on one interviews. Behavioral based (SBO, CAR, STAR). Interview questions were difficult, the interviewees made it easy. Had a great rapport.

Interview Questions

• handling conflict, handle priorities, what will your former manager miss about you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not an option. basically it was 20% higher than what I was making before, so what was the problem?

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I had done the whole questionnaire and waited maybe 2 weeks and then got an email that I was not accepted the job. Found out that it was possibly because I was too young and not very experienced

ETL-HR Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

went through 5 interviews with different leadership positions, over the phone and in person. They all ask different behavioral questions such as "Tell me about a time when you... [showed leadership skills]" and you have to answer with a situation, your behavior and the outcome

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

HELLO FELLOW RESEARCHERS! I would like to start by saying thank you to the people who wrote about their interview experiences before me. Like someone said before me, I told myself that if I was offered the position I would too pass along the information to the next great candidate looking for help! So here I am offering the same great advice and my interview experience! :) The entire interview process took about 6weeks. I was employed while interviewing so I needed time in advance to set up my interview dates. I had some scheduling conflicts but Target was more than willing to work around a time that worked best for me. :)) First things first! I am a recent college grad (June 2014). After some research I found that Target was the company for me. I went to my nearest Target store and asked to speak to the manager in charge. I introduced myself and told her of my interests. She recommend that I contact the College Recruiter (they still help you even after 2yrs of grad date..AWESOME!). She gave me the recruiters email contact. I quickly emailed her and I was told how to apply and most importantly what area (district) to apply in. I would highly recommend contacting a recruiter, and to speak to target employees who can send you in the right direction! That definitely shows initiative. TIPS: prep answers in STAR format (google for ex) to all the questions I will mention below. It is perfectly okay to give the same answers! Dress the part! Professional business attire. Have questions ready! DO your homework! Go to a store and ask to speak to an ETL and do an informal interview. Get an insider view! INTERVIEWS: 1st : (phone interview. ~15mins) - I was set up for a quick phone interview with the recruiter. I was asked "tell me about yourself, why target, what is your weakness, where do you see yourself in 5 years." Simple, quick, and to the point! I was also told I would be moving on to the next interview. She gave me more information about the position, and some great advice on how to prep for the next interview. 2nd : (in person w/ store team lead. ~25mins) - I met with a store team leader. The atmosphere was very relaxed and he wanted nothing more than for me to succeed. I felt comfortable and not nervous at all. I was asked - Tell me about your self , and 4 questions. - tell me of a time.... - you had to take initiative to solve a problem - you had a disagreement with a person and kept it professional - you gave great customer service - when you made a mistake with significant impact. ASK QUESTIONS: ask how you did and what advice they may have for you (very helpful). I was told on the spot I would be moving on to next interview. I was contacted the following monday (because it was on a friday) to schedule for the following week 3rd: (in person w/ store team lead. ~20mins) Once again it was a pleasant interview! Very relaxed. My interviewer was friendly and energetic. I was asked : Tell me about yourself and 4 questions: - Tell me of a time you had to motivate/leverage a person or group to finish something. - when you have a disagreement with another person and had to keep with professional - when you have to use active listening - when you had to give someone constructive criticism Ask questions! I was told I would move on. I was contacted the next day to set up the next interview. which was 3 days later. 4th: (phone interview w/ district manager. ~30mins) Very casual call. He was such a great guy! He introduced himself first then I introduced myself (tell me about yourself), One strength, why retail, where do you see yourself in 5 years, then once again questions. Tell me of a time: - you received constructive criticism - had to make a decision that was going to effect other people - had to take leadership in a situation -Asked questions. Once again told I would move on. Lasted about 30mins. Contacted right away by recruiter to set up last interview. 5th: (phone interview w/ HR and another person. ~15-20mins) Same process - tell me about yourself - tell me of a time when you had to give up one commitment to satisfy another - when you had to reach a goal during a difficult time (remained optimistic) - Changed your day to day routine for a long term goal I was told YES on the phone and was offered the job! I was in contact with the recruiter within an hour to go over the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

interview was easy and fun. I really had a good time talking to the interviewer and it really made target appealing. I turned it down because I would have to relocate.