Target Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
4,281 Interview Reviews

2.8

Pharmacist Interview

Worked for the company as a pharmacy intern. Received an email to apply with the company for a pharmacist position. Eventually got a call for an interview 2 months later. The interviewer had never interviewed a pharmacy candidate before and essentially my future career with target was based on 4 questions. It was not a pleasant experience like interviewing for my internship was.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I spoke with a target recruiter at my college career fair. After talking about the importance of positivity in the workplace, and my previous experiences I was scheduled for the first interview. The first interview was with a store manager, we went through pre-interview questions first. These included was I willing to relocate, salary desired, why did I want to work for target and past job history. After those questions we went on to the main interview. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral based questions. The one I noticed the most was the question that asked me to describe a time that I made a mistake. My advise to anyone is be yourself, and practice the STAR method. The interview was a success, and I was passed on to the next level, I am currently waiting for the next two phone interviews with the District and Store Team Leader.

Cashier Interview

Very easy process, typical interview questions. They always do a phone interview first, then schedule an in-person interview for about a week later. The in-person interview didn't take more than 15 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot pending drug test results. There is a high turnover rate (at least at the store I worked at), so they are almost constantly hiring, especially during back to school and holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but they do ask situational questions that make you think a little.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, first interview was fairly easy with simple behavioral questions such as give me a time when you had to build a relationship with a boss. Second interview was pretty much the same, third gave far more complex questions but was structured similarly. The final interview was on site.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you changed your day to day activities because of a long term goal.   Answer Question

Technology Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

After speaking with the recruiter at my university's career fair and expressing interest in the position, I received an interview invitation about a week later. I had a one on one interview that lasted about 30 minutes, and the questions were standard behavioral questions. After 3 weeks, I received a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had a conflict while working in a team, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

They just called today. It is interesting how fast this all went. I applied today in the morning and about two hours I'v got a call from them, it was a simple phone interview and as i applied for three positions they asked which one do I prefer. After answering some simple questions we scheduled a second phone interview for tomorrow. Hope this one will go as good as this one today.

Lead Analyst Interview

I was referred by a friend. Target almost always has three interviews in a row, each 30 minutes. The hiring manager, their manager, and either another step up manager or HR. Each interview is 5 questions, situation based "tell me a time when you did....". The answer should always be situation, behavior, outcome format. Then they are all scored separately and a point total awarded.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The interview process was very long- it consisted of four 30minute interviews and an hour long assessment online. The process spanned about 2.5 weeks. The first interview was held on my school's campus. The second and third were at the local district office (one after the other on the same day). The last was through FaceTime. The good thing about the interview process was that you find out if you're moving on very quickly. The questions were all behavioral and read from packets. I was expecting Target to go easy on applicants but at the end of all of my interviews, I felt mentally drained. Here are some of the questions: Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to someone and tell me how s/he improved as a result, about a time where you had to give something up for a commitment, about a time you made a significant mistake, about a time where you had to build a professional relationship with someone who disagreed with you on something, about a conflict within a group and how you resolved it, why target, what do you know about target, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were so specific that I had to ask for a few minutes to compose my answer.   Answer Question

The offer was good but I'm still waiting for a final round of interviews with another company in November (my first choice). Target gave me a week to respond to my offer. I'll be asking for a month extension and see what happens.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied online maybe 2 weeks before I got a call for my first interview. My first interview was a phone interview. I got asked things like "Why do you want to work here?", past experiences, and like 4 behavioral questions. It's fairy easy if you have your STAR based stories ready. I was contacted 2 days later to schedule my second interview for next week. My second interview was easier than my first (to me). When you get there you will do a short questionnaire (20 questions). When I was done I waited for the manager to come get me. I watched a video about the position I applied for before the interview. The manager was very outgoing and nice. We started with an icebreaker, she told me about herself and I told her about me. She asked some of the same questions as my first interview, a long with new questions like "What would you do if.." basically customer situational questions. After the interview, she told me that she would recommend my application to proceed in the hiring process and that I would receive an email or a call to set up with the HR. At that point I was going back and fourth on rather I got the job or not lol but I got a call later that day to meet with the HR that following week. Meet with HR and got offered the job... took drug test/ background check and got called a week after for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • how do you manage a lot of tasks, what steps do you take? (something close to that)   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member' Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Long 1 hr Questionnaire online or in store at a kiosk
    Gave me a call with a time to come in for interview
    Interview with one person (hr)
    Orientation video about kinds of things you would do
    then another interview if you are still interested (store manager)

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer disputed the price of an item, in this case 17 instead of 19   View Answer