Target Interview Questions

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Filled out an online app to receive a call to attend a hiring opportunity two days later with less than twenty-four hour notice. I arrived at around 7:50am for the appointment that was at 8:00am. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire by returns in a little booth with a computer. Once me and two others finished that we were told to head to the pharmacy and go through the door on the right of it. They showed us a short two minute video about what working the sales floor of Target was all about, kind of weird since we were all here for overnight backroom stocking which meant we did not have to work with customers; the third male that was there was actually applying for an HQ position so even more baffling. After that it was around 9am we were all one by one taken out of the breakroom they left us in to be interviewed. The interview was very short and pretty simple even though most questions could not apply to me as I had not worked and they did not like any answers regarding school it seemed. Only about five questions were asked. She asked if I had any questions after she explained how the position I was applying for worked and if I was still interested. I was still interested and had asked around three or four questions regarding the position. She then led me back to the breakroom with the others who had came back before me to await another interviewer. At this time it may have been around 9:30am and they proceeded to leave us there for about an hour with no check up or anything. We had thought they had forgotten we were even there. Around 10:30am were finally interviewed once more, my second interview was very similar to the first except I was a lot less comfortable as I had been starving since the first interview concluded and had lost a lot of focus being there for about three hours being asked only roughly five questions. We concluded the interview and had asked me if I had any questions as the first interviewer did. I told him I did not as I had already asked all of them with the first interviewer not knowing we were going to be interviewed twice. He told me he and others would review my resume and what I had said in my interviews and give me a call. Around two days later I received an e-mail roughly around 3am thanking me for my interest but they could not offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest needed to find a pair of shoes and you noticed a pair in the wrong section? (Something like that.)   View Answer
    • What would you if you rang something up at $19.99 and the customer claimed it was $17.99?   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Just say it was a crazy interview!
    We kept getting interrupted by co worker's but overall it went well
    I actually work for target a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the atmosphere so I decided to apply again for a different position

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in March 2015.

Somebody from Target's HR Department called me to schedule a phone interview with a different person a few days later. There was a scheduling mixup within the department, so we had to reschedule the call. At the end of the phone interview, which took about 15 minutes, the interviewer said they would call me back to schedule an in-person interview with the next supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the situation, action, and result: Tell me about a time when you were part of a team or group that accomplished a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe the situation, action, and result: Tell me about a time when you had multiple things to do in a short period of time.   Answer Question
    • Describe the situation, action, and result: Tell me about a time when you provided service that exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

I was nervous for interview however, it turned out great... I used to worked at Target in 2009. I did not remember about interview but i know i can be better than that. Once, interviewer questioned i expressed to their questions properly.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Three separate interviews. Two phone and one in person. The interview process is pretty swift and the people are very friendly. The questions are difficult and very unique so you definitely should prepare well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you've made a mistake and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Long time and very detail questions it was good. Try to be more business like when you are to answer questions. It was a good experience at the least and have a good attitude

Interview Questions
    • what percentage of politicians do you think are truthful   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

I applied online on a Monday night and two days later I got a phone call interview, was told if I qualify by the HR manager that then I'll get a call back for a in store interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I talked to your old supervisor, what would they say your strengths and weakness were?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Pharmacist interviewed two people and then left for a meeting so they had someone else interview us. He was very nice and made me comfortable, but didn't know a lot about the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a difficult customer how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Group Leader - DC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Interview process took a whole month. I never applied to work for Target, I was contacted out of the blue for a position. I spoke with the recruiter about 5 times in interview form, after several weeks of this and preparing for the onsite interview, I finally was on campus. There was a 45 minute tour of the plant, 10 minute presentation, then the interviews began. I was interviewed by two individuals, after awhile I could tell the man wasn't interested in me, he began to sit back in his chair, no longer engaged in the conversation and just spatting out questions and continuously looking at his watch. The lady continued to be engaged. Once that interview was complete, I was on to the next one. Again another man that was not engaged in the interview and glancing at his computer frequently, even admitted that he hadn't had a chance to review my resume. At the end of the day, I pretty much knew that I wouldn't receive an offer, reading the body language of the interviewers and the fact that one interviewer hadn't even taken the time to review my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help others elevate performance?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a goal with little direction?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you’ve used multiple resources to make a decision?   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Asked 5 situational questions and the rest were generic, basically asking where you see yourself in 3-5 years and asked questions depending on if you were willing to relocate or not and where your preferred location for the internship was. The interview did not seem too formal and I was not very impressed with the entire process. I was honestly surprised that I did not receive an offer as I thought I did well during the interview and the interviewers seems to like my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you disagreed with someone on a work or personal level and how you worked it out to make the problem work   Answer Question