Target

3,939 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – At least four interviews. First on phone with recruiter, second two in person with store team leader and district team leader. Last with HR. Overall lengthy process but very structured.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions such as "tell me about a time you disagreed with management." Be sure to answer what happened, how you resolved it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
San Angelo, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I recieved a call a few days after applying to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and was about 7 questions, which were all very standard and situational questions. I ended up stuttering a bit a few times out of nervousness, but was scheduled for an in-store interview. When I got there, I first had to fill out a 50-question survey on a computer, which included some math problems and personality profiling. After, I was brought upstairs and watched about 15 minutes worth if video, then the interview began. I was asked basically the same questions as the phone interview, and at the end, the interviewer said she would discuss with the phone interviewer about my answers. I never received a call back, disappointingly, and I suspect its because of my occasional stuttering and/or having less experience than others. (4 months of retail)

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer says the price of an item is $15, but it rung up as $20?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They came to my campus and I gave them my resume at a career fair. The recruiters were very nice and personable. The interview was a week later in person and and on my campus. I interviewed one-on-one and the interview was pretty basic. Entirely behavioral, no cases or tough questions. I was hired a couple of weeks later for their summer internship.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had conflict with somebody and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Ellicott City, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied and about a week later I got called to schedule my phone interview a couple days later. They called that day, about 15 minutes late, after the interview they had me come in the next day for a face to face interview. There they show you a video about the position and then ask you the same questions as the phone interview. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – After watching a video about the position they ask you what's one thing you learned about Target that you didn't know.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons

LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER Interview

LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for a part time, over night position. The questions are focused on real life scenarios. Often times I wondered the relevance and how it pertains to the position I was actually interviewing for. When I was hired my training was moved around amongst various people. You basiecally have 2 weeks of training and then your off on your own. There is a 90 waiting period before you can take time off or accrue vacation.

Interview Question – There were often quesitons about how you helped a customer, but the position I applied to was overnight where I would not engage with any customers. I guess they were gauging if I was a friendly/helpful person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I needed a job at the time as I was in a transitional phase.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – All of my interviews took place by phone because I lived in Philadelphia at the time. There were two phone interviews mostly asking team-oriented questions. After the second interview, I received an offer.

Interview Question – Question about how I have handled team conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is possibly room to negotiate if you are moving a far distance to work at the headquarters. However, I do not know anyone who negotiated their salary for an entry-level analyst position.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview Details – Simple. Three part situation based questions. Focus on team work, personal leadership, and guest focus. Target is all about the guest. Tie every answer back to great guest service and team work.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were part of a team or group that accomplished its goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Solid job offer to team members. Team leaders can negotiate up based on experience. Usually you can only negotiate up $1-2.

Exempt Team Member - HQ Interview

Exempt Team Member - HQ

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The interviews are typically with managers from that general area of the business function. All questions are behavioral based questions using the situation, behavior, outcome formula similar to many other large fortune 500 companies.

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult. They are more like the standard- Tell me about a time that such and such happened and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional interview. Not too hard to complete interview process. They asked about past work history, and offered a job within 24 hours. Very nice people there at targe. Excellent experience with them.

Interview Question – Was interviewer process professional?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Received another job.

Very Easy Interview

Multiple Departments Interview

Multiple Departments

I interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview Details – You fill out an application at an kiosk. The test that they give you are very drawn out and boring. It would be nice if they made them a bit more to the point. Then you go in and two people interview you in a windowless closet of a room. It's very quick.

Interview Question – None. The questions were very simple   Answer Question