Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member
Taunton, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – Take your time with the online application & assessment. Stores usually have openings year round. Be your professional self on phone interview and in-person interview with store HR manager. There is a drug screening.

Interview Question – The name of the game is servicing the guests. Be yourself and answer questions with the customer in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Scheduling was very flexible to fit my part time needs. I was expecting a stronger starting wage from a classy company and market leader. You will get solid raises if you are a quality and flexible worker who goes the extra mile.

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, basic questions. First a group interview with several people, then they pick from there for a 1:1 interview. A basic drug test is required and is to be taken care of on your own time within 3 days.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing negotiable

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a week or so, I was called and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details:
I was interviewed by 1:1 by two of the managers. The first one went asked basic questions such as why I want to work at Target,my availability and some scenarios based on my experiences. The second manager also asked the same beginning basic questions and some scenarios plus some situational questions.

Interview Questions:
Why do you want to work at Target?
What are your strengths and what areas do you think you need to improve on?
Do you have any experience?
Tell us about a time where you exceed expectation.
Tell us about a time when you had multiple things to do and had to turn in the work the following day.
Tell us about a situation when a situation arose, what you did and what the outcome of it was.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you almost finished a task before realizing that you had done it wrong.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – After on-campus recruiting, hiring process involved an on-line test and an in-person series of interviews, focused around a scripted and structured behavioral interview.

The online exam included two overall series of questions: one quantitatively assessing past experiences (e.g., how many formal leadership positions have you held) and another testing mathematical competency. The behavioral interview, meanwhile, was standard.

Interview Question – There was nothing particularly surprising or difficult about the interview process. The intense structure to the behavioral interview came off as slightly surprising, however, but it mostly added instead a sense of disconnection with candidates; I did not enjoy the interview, and I could tell I was simply being screened rather than conversed with.

Preparation for behavioral components will be to a candidate's advantage for the interview. Definitely review your answers to basic interview questions, and prepare by researching the company in-depth. Still, expect extreme structure to your interview and do not look forward to an ongoing discussion with your potential employer.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Guest Service Attendant
Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied at computer in the store. Had one interview with a supervisor. The interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Mostly questions about how you work with people and if you can handle a fast paced environment. Then basic questions about availability and the shifts you are willing to work. Pretty easy interview.

Executive Store Interview

Executive Store
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview Details – They ask a lot about situation based questions. "Tell me about a time you experienced a hard decision." "Tell me about a time where you had to work on a team" etc. You need to give three answers to the question. Some context on the situation, how you managed that situation, and the outcome of that situation.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you failed"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern negotiation is limited. You can request certain hours and positions, however.

Very Easy Interview

El Dorado, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's very easy and basic creations , why you want to work there , customer service cutest ions and what do you expect from the company , personality based cutest ions that help them to see if you get along with people and have basic logic to resolve small issues...

Interview Question – Any ...just don't be nervous   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Total of 6 interviews took about 2 weeks. Applied through glassdoor. First with recruiter, then in person with STL who pushed me through to another STL who pushed me through to District Manager. She pushed me through to a Job shadow (the last 4 events took place on the same day). After job shadow I was told someone would contact me. I heard from HR who scheduled an appt. for a phone interview. I then received a call from another STL who asked me to come in for an interview. Then I had my HR phone interview (which is the last step) if you make it that far you should be good, just say the things you said in interviews prior and be yourself. After HR phone interview I was told I would be contacted by my recruiter within 24 hrs. Two hours later I got a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about
 A time when you had to give something up to achieve a goal

A time you had to manage a conflict with an employee

Your greatest weakness

A time you failed

A time when you were reprimanded (sp)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating starting pay was great at 54K

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The process is very easy. I did my interview over the phone and was then asked to come in to meet with the HR. They were very nice and I wasn't nervous at all. I was able to get the job and starting salary that I wanted.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty standard interview questions. Why do you want to work for Target? Tell me about a time you had to work in team.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a team leader, then in person interview with an ETL which was mostly like the phone interview, then one more interview in person with someone else. I think the third was a team leader or another ETL.

Interview Question – Recall a time that I made a mistake and what I did to correct it.   Answer Question