Target

Updated Dec 15, 2014
4,501 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Team Lead Interview

Scripted interview where they ask you a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. They rate your responses on a 1-5 scale. 1 being a bad response and 5 being a great response. Afterwards they tally your points to consider whether you should go on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions where not too difficult, you just have to remember to answer the question in how everything affects the "big picture." Like how did it affect sales, or how did your response to something affected the rest of the team.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

It was very standardized. They called me and asked me why I wanted to work for Target, and then gave me a date for an interview. I went wore a red shirt and nice dress pants and I had an interview with a team leader. It was very straightforward asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions. Just be really friendly and make sure your examples have a beginning middle and end (that's part of what they rate it upon), and by that I mean give some background, and then tell what you did, and then the conclusion of that.

So, at the end of that interview he said that he really liked me and would refer me for a second interview, before that I had to go to a hiring kiosk and take a 20 question survey about what I thought was the worst and best possible ways to handle situations. Always pick the ones were it says you would go to your supervisor and the worst ones would be anything with confronting someone.

After that a manager comes and takes you for your second interview, basically asks the same questions, I would suggest trying to give different examples, though I didn't. They also asked two important questions, first, what would you do if we didn't have a shoe a guest was looking for. The answer is to say that you would apologize and check to see if we had any in the back, or at another store for them. Really focus on trying to make the customer happy. The second question was if an item rang up as 19.99 and the guest said it was 17.99, what would you do. This is very important!! You would apologize and then trust the guest and give it to them for 17.99! This is the absolute correct answer. Target believes its better to lose that 2 dollar difference rather than the whole sale.

Executive Team Leader - GE/Softlines Interview

The hiring process was very long. I went through about 5 interviews and it took almost 6 weeks from start to finish. The interviews started with STLs, then the DTL, and finally the Group Leader. Reviewing questions from this website helped a lot; I don't think I was asked a question I had not prepped for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected based off of the questions I saw on this site.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

To get past the first screening you have to pass a 1hr online test. The first part were a series of scenarios you might encounter as a manager. You had about six answers you could choose from, though some answers only differed by a few words. The next part was a logical portion i.e (It took John 30 mins to get to work, Sam came after john, Jill however got to work first, Who is Zack mom?) So you had 20 minutes to answer 18 of those. Make sure at least guess on all of them because you will get deducted points for not answering a question. Depending on how well you did this, you will get a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • ie) Jack says there too much work, and they cannot possible spend their time learning a new system. The team members agree, what do you do?   View Answer

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Met with panel of 2 interviews. Mainly behavioral questions that followed STAR format. Followed up with an online assessment. The 2 people in the panel interview asked questions like "what does leadership mean to you" and "tell me about a time you worked on a team and failed"

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was more than I thought it would be, and I was not prepared.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Very easy interview process, first and second interview with team leaders and ETLs. Most people who work at Target are very amiable and make sure you know what you're doing in the position.

Executive Store Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Had a phone call asking basic questions, then went to the district office for my official interview which consisted of two people asking you 3 situationally based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. The only hard part was trying to think of the situation on the spot. It is hard to come prepared with a situation because you do not know what the situation is going to be.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Paid $17.50 which was a great summer internship wage

Food Ave Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Relatively easy when you're going for a team member position. Definitely take you if you know how to count from 1-1000. Team members drop like fly's, so many people can get hired especially during the holidays.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a group and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process for the interview is a little bit different than other retail employers. I had to interview with a total of 3 different people. My initial interview was at 10:00am, then I had another interview at 10:15, and the last one around 10:45am. All of the interviewers asked the same question just in a different way. It was very interesting but I believe the interviewers wanted to see if the potential employee was going to change their answers during the interviews. There was also a personality assessment that you can take at the store or online before you come. After my three interviews I was offered the job and started my training for the position the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process is the most difficult but not hard because of the similarity of questions.   Answer Question
    I asked was the pay negotiable but it was not due to the position being seasonal.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

1 round, on campus interview. My school is Target's bias, so we dont have to go through many interviews. Apply online, then interview, then got the job. Interview is not hard, just make sure to know about the Target culture, then highlight why you are a great fit

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just talk normally with the team member there. They are Sr. mgr   Answer Question