Target

3,932 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Team Lead Interview

Senior Team Lead

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Honestly it's a joke to be honest it's really lame. To be honest just tell the interviewer what they want to here and you will have no problem. The process is simple not difficult at all except if they do not like the way you or talk they will turn you down just for that so, FYI go to interview dress properly and speak with proper etiquette

Very Difficult Interview

GSTL Interview

GSTL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

Interview Details – Called me by finding me on monster. Set up first interview. Interviewed with ETLHR after she asked if I can job shadow the position. GSTL asked me questions about me and experience and explained her job duties on the sales floor. After asked to interview with the STL right then. The interview took about 3hrs long. Then I got another scheduled interview with VPETLHR.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
McAllen, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – applied for the job got called a couple of days later. i had the first phase of the interview was from a recruiter she asked basic questions. after passing that interview phase she told me i was set to move on to the next phase. total interviews for this position is 4. the recruiter was very helpful in providing tips to really get the attention of target hiring managers.

Interview Question – tell me what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – really take the time to research behavioral based questions. leadership questions are as well recommended to do research on.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – All of the questions were situational questions, which are not difficult. You don't even need experience. there were some questions I didn't even have an answer for and they were fine with that. what really matters is that you show up presentable and willing to work. be sure to be polite, respectful, and speak well.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you...type of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – The internal interview process for an Analyst to become a Senior Analyst is quite rigorous. In addition to 2-3 real interviews (with people outside of my division and network), Target required 3-4 mock interviews with senior managers within my division. The mock interviews were more stressful than the real interviews because the mock interviewers all have different opinions and ideas as to how I answer questions, including the examples that I use and the level of detail that I share. All of their feedback was given to my senior manager, then relayed to me. The additional people involved in this stressful period added to my tension and made a more nerve-wracking experience out of the situation. Many, many hours were devoted to mock interview preparation, mock interviews, then finally interview preparation. This was an unnecessary time and nerve burden that I didn't appreciate. Rather than celebrate my "wins" I instead learned how to curb and reinvent my "opportunities". Also, before the internal interview is conducted, there is an unwritten consensus as to whether or not an applicant should advance regardless of one's tact under interview fire. As for many things in life, it is all about 'who you know'.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult manager or person on your team."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is zero negotiation on the internal promotion path here. Even when I first started, I was told there is zero negotiation for entry level jobs, as the base pay is final.

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Executive Team Leader - Logistics

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is very rigorous. My suggestion would be to think about the skills that are listed on the job description and develop a story behind it. Have about 5 stories that showcase each group of skill sets so you can refer to it. Don't worry about being perfect. List also how you have changed or adjusted to your company.

Interview Question – I had to travel a lot. From Brooklyn, NY to White Plains. This was a 5 hour trip going and coming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Merchandise Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – After being referred to the position & applying online, I received an email within one week to schedule a phone interview time. On the phone interview day, the recruiter called me about 10 minutes late. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, including several personal questions along with 2 behavioral based questions. Several weeks later I was invited to the Minneapolis campus for 2 1:1 interviews and a tour of the location. Each of the interviewers were polite & friendly, but seemed to be a bit unprepared. We were told by the recruiter that we would be given a call the next day, and at the very latest Friday (two days later). After hearing no response for several days, I contacted the recruiter who said we would be called within another several days, as he was running very behind. Finally, about a week later, he called 2 other interviewee that I knew to offer them the job. Then he emailed me on a Saturday to let me know that one of my interviewers left the country without turning in my interview materials, so I would be waiting even longer. After about 3 weeks of anxiously waiting, I received a phone call saying I was not offered the job. Overall, the interview process was long, unorganized, and a frustrating.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to use a creative process to solve an unexpected problem.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Macomb, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Originally went for an overnight remodel job but my specific area was backroom. They have you set up an appointment, and then come in early to answer a survey on their computers. The survey was easy, as long as you know some basic math skills and know that companies want people who act a certain way. The interview itself was essentially a Team Lead sitting down with you and discussing your past experiences and asking about what you can do for target. They're usually looking for flexibility and it pays off to know Target's lingo or to adapt to it as you hear it being said (if you know them, use them).

Interview Question – How would you deal with a guest asking to find a specific item in the store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, since they offer the same thing to everyone in the position. I was able to get some extra hours and training by taking interest in it when it was discussed.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work for Target?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Tell us about a time that you made a mistake and what you did to fix the mistake?
When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?

Interview Question – Can you work under pressure?   View Answer

Executive Store Interview

Executive Store

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – i first submitted my resume to a campus recruiter at my college's career fair. Shortly after, I got an email asking for a phone interview. The questions were pretty general. After this, i had to complete 2 more phone interviews and an online assessment. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were in a disagreement at work   Answer Question