Target Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
4,101 Interview Reviews

2.8

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

initial phone interview with pharmacist. Complete an application on Target careers online. Facetime interview the next business day with regional manager. All "tell me about a when..." type questions. Started out with telling about myself. Asked why I want to work for Target. Asked to tell about a time when I had to prioritize

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you recieved 2 conflicting pieces of information & had to make a decision   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interviewed with two different team leaders and was asked a lot of questions about my reactions in specific situations. Definitely a much more involved interview than I expected. Seems as though they really want to make sure they're hiring good people

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided customer service that was above and beyond

Why do you want to be a target back room team member?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, $8.50 take it or leave it. Waiting to be called back for orientation

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online in Late June, a week or so later I got a call asking if I was still interested in a job and to come in tomorrow for an interview. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. However, Early August, they call, ask if I am still interested, to which I am and schedule an in person interview. First interview was on Wednesday, Second was on Friday, and they told me to come in Wednesday to which they offered me the job. As long as you are prepared for the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiations, very flexible with scheduling hours however.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Requires 2 interviews with the first being a "weeding out" process. First interview asks you situational questions while second one includes drug test and more personal questions. Fairly easy process and the interviewers seemed pretty nice. The whole interview process probably didn't take more than a couple hours combined.

Poor Salary

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online and within a week I received a call from HR to schedule a assessment at the store location. I went in for the assessment & even though it was a quick assessment there were some basic questions, but some questions I would like a calculator or some paper & a pen/pencil to work out the questions. After I took the assessment, I met with HR personnel and then had a interview with two different team members, one was a flow team member/leader (unsure of her title) and then HR ETL. They both asked the same general questions like: why do you want to work with Target, do you have prior experience for the position you applied for, the hours of the position was explained and then I was asked if I was able to work the hours, describe a time when you made a mistake and how did you feel about it and what did you learn from the mistake. The HR ETL that I interviewed with asked if a customer stated something was ringing up at a different price than the price sign, what would I do and what would I do if all team members were busy (would I change the price for the customer). After I passed both interviews, I went into a room with the HR personnel and I was offered the job and was given a lab order for a drug test (that has to be done within 24 hrs) and sign a consent for a background check. My drug test & background check was cleared & I was called within 3-4 days after my interviews. I then was told to come for orientation & given instructions to wear a Red shirt & khakis.

Orientation was not bad at all. Quick videos with some reading & questions from the HR ETL, a store tour, benefits and perks were explained (you also receive a new hire folder with a handbook)
    and quick introductions to some team members. There was juice, lemonade, and cookies provided during the orientation. Two week schedules were given during the conclusion of the orientation.

Interview Questions
    • The in-store assessment had a couple questions that made me really think hard and I would have preferred to have a calculator or paper to work the problems out.   Answer Question
    The early morning flow team members get a $1.00 pay differential for hrs worked before 8 AM.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Applied online then got a call back 7 days later, I arrived then had an interview with a team lead then a second interview with the manager, it was a friendly interview it was great.Asked what is a positive trait, negative, experience, how to deal with customers .

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

Applied online in 2010, they got back to me a considerable amount of time later. Was interview by Cafe Team Lead and HR. They asked me about my experience and what I was capable of. Offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I was too young to realize I could negotiate anything.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The interviews are actually with leaders very high up in the company so be prepared for that. After the 10 week internship program I had an Operational Review which was essentially a job interview for a full-time position after graduation. I was then contacted by a recruiter and given my job offer over the phone.

No negotiation. I have a feeling that interns are offered a slightly higher pay than brand new team members are.