Target

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview scheduled for 9am. Arrived early, interview started at 9:25am. Typical behavioral questions.

Logistics

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Details – A fairly average interview process. My job interview lasted more or less 45 minutes, and consisted of 2 separate interviews with two separate team leaders. The questions asked were pretty common, and none seemed out of the ordinary. Although it seemed weird that base pay was never mentioned, until a team leader gave me a piece of paper, and said "We've just hired you, and this will be your pay rate."

Interview Question – Name two examples where you have gone out of your way, to accomplish a goal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation over pay whatsoever. As mentioned above, I was completely unaware of what my base pay would be, until I was actually hired

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – Anywhere from 1-2 interviews, 1 if you are lucky. I had 3 interviews. It was a drawn out questioning process where they ask you specific who-what-when-where-why questions about the most random things. Probably to check your body language and how quick you are able to drum up an answer on the spot.

Interview Question – Where were you the last time you had to solve a problem? How did you solve it? How many times did you participate with others in a team in the last month? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was okay

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

La Plata, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details – Being hired at Target will depend on who the Human Resources and Store Team Lead persons are. Most WILL make the store into what philosophy they follow. Some HR folks will overlook more qualified folks in order to fill unsaid quotas or personal agendas. Knowing someone at the Target you want to work at WILL HELP. Hiring straight off the street is not too common unless it is for the Christmas season.

Interview Question – One trait that will help is enjoying working with the public in a retail environment. If you don't like to help difficult or angry people, don't work at Target. Obviously, Target is a for-profit focused company - if you turn people away from shopping there, you won't have a job. The more people that shop at your particular store, the more hours you will get and the longer you will keep your job.   Answer Question

Canoga Park, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was a previous Target employee, i had 2 interviews and got hired the same day

Interview Question – mostly situational questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – I called the hr manager and asked for about employment. She was more than happy and I was given an appointment for a drug test.

Interview Question – What experience do you have for working for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't do any drugs because they do drug test you.

Mankato, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

Interview Details – You show up and fill out a questionnaire one of their computers. Then you go through a series of 3 interviews with the HR representative and 2 Team Leaders. Then the HR rep comes back in the room. If you got hired they'll offer you a job right away.

Interview Question – I thought it was pretty typical questions. They write everything down though, so that's a little intimidating.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Otsego, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied at Target and was quickly called in for an interview. Upon arriving at the interview I had to fill out a quick questionaire and take a fairly easy test. If I would have known I would have been waiting for someone for so long I would've taken more time on the test. After about 10 to 15 minutes standing by customer service looking like an idiot finally an assistant manager came to take me into the back and do a 1 on 1 interview. The questions were fairly easy mostly situational and behavioral questions I thought I did awesome. I had to wait almost 20 minutes before I got my 2nd interview with the actual manager of logistics. Same type of questions and I felt I did pretty awesome. He informed me that they would be calling me within the next week to let me know whether I got it or not. I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – Describe a time you volunteered your time to help someone out in need.   Answer Question

Logistics

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Two interviews. They look for appearance, upkeep, dependability and ability to communicate well.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to ....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated my availability and went pretty well.

Logistics

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – face to face interview, call back to offer the job. submitted to drug test

Interview Questions

• How have you helped a co worker in the past?   View Answer
  • Tell about a time when you could not satisfy a customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Logistics interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.