Target

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview scheduled for 9am. Arrived early, interview started at 9:25am. Typical behavioral questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Logistics Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2012.

A fairly average interview process. My job interview lasted more or less 45 minutes, and consisted of 2 separate interviews with two separate team leaders. The questions asked were pretty common, and none seemed out of the ordinary. Although it seemed weird that base pay was never mentioned, until a team leader gave me a piece of paper, and said "We've just hired you, and this will be your pay rate."

Interview Questions
    • Name two examples where you have gone out of your way, to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation over pay whatsoever. As mentioned above, I was completely unaware of what my base pay would be, until I was actually hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in December 2011.

You show up and fill out a questionnaire one of their computers. Then you go through a series of 3 interviews with the HR representative and 2 Team Leaders. Then the HR rep comes back in the room. If you got hired they'll offer you a job right away.

Interview Questions
    • I thought it was pretty typical questions. They write everything down though, so that's a little intimidating.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

Anywhere from 1-2 interviews, 1 if you are lucky. I had 3 interviews. It was a drawn out questioning process where they ask you specific who-what-when-where-why questions about the most random things. Probably to check your body language and how quick you are able to drum up an answer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Where were you the last time you had to solve a problem? How did you solve it? How many times did you participate with others in a team in the last month? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question
    It was okay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Otsego, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Otsego, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in August 2010.

I applied at Target and was quickly called in for an interview. Upon arriving at the interview I had to fill out a quick questionaire and take a fairly easy test. If I would have known I would have been waiting for someone for so long I would've taken more time on the test. After about 10 to 15 minutes standing by customer service looking like an idiot finally an assistant manager came to take me into the back and do a 1 on 1 interview. The questions were fairly easy mostly situational and behavioral questions I thought I did awesome. I had to wait almost 20 minutes before I got my 2nd interview with the actual manager of logistics. Same type of questions and I felt I did pretty awesome. He informed me that they would be calling me within the next week to let me know whether I got it or not. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you volunteered your time to help someone out in need.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2010.

I called the hr manager and asked for about employment. She was more than happy and I was given an appointment for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have for working for this company?   Answer Question
    Don't do any drugs because they do drug test you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target in April 2010.

I was a previous Target employee, i had 2 interviews and got hired the same day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in September 2009.

Being hired at Target will depend on who the Human Resources and Store Team Lead persons are. Most WILL make the store into what philosophy they follow. Some HR folks will overlook more qualified folks in order to fill unsaid quotas or personal agendas. Knowing someone at the Target you want to work at WILL HELP. Hiring straight off the street is not too common unless it is for the Christmas season.

Interview Questions
    • One trait that will help is enjoying working with the public in a retail environment. If you don't like to help difficult or angry people, don't work at Target. Obviously, Target is a for-profit focused company - if you turn people away from shopping there, you won't have a job. The more people that shop at your particular store, the more hours you will get and the longer you will keep your job.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Two interviews. They look for appearance, upkeep, dependability and ability to communicate well.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated my availability and went pretty well.

Logistics Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

face to face interview, call back to offer the job. submitted to drug test

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped a co worker in the past?   View Answer
    • Tell about a time when you could not satisfy a customer?   View Answer
    none