Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and emailed the human resources workers. After a few days I called them to follow up and spoke to one of the employees there. I then spoke on the phone with an employee about the job.

Interview Question – If faced with a life or death experience experience while working at target, how would you deal with it?   View Answer

Target Protection Specialist Interview

Target Protection Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very repetitive and a lot of the same quetions. You get a call from the HR REp they schedule you a interview and then you go in. Very nice staff and willing to expalain to you everything. Understanding the process was kind of scary because everyone was like hey how are you so.

Interview Question – None youll be able to make through just answer honestly .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None my first job so I let them set the pay no negotiating.

Executive Team Leader - Guest Experience Interview

Executive Team Leader - Guest Experience
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – Upon completing the application 3 store managers conducted the interview process.

Interview Question – Name a problem you had at work and explained how you solved it?   Answer Question

Target Protection Specialist Interview

Target Protection Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, you will receive a call from an HR team member inquiring to schedule you for an interview. You will interview first with an HR Team Member, then the ETL of you department, and finally the HR ETL. The HR ETL will give you the offer letter. This occurs over 1-2 days. For me it was all in one day. After being hired, you attend a 4 hour orientation, and spend countless hour doing computer training for about 2-4 days. You will be drug tested (urine only).

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult. All were very basic, examples are the following:
Give us an example of when you worked as a team to accomplish a goal,
Give an example of when you had to complete multiple projects in a set amount of time, and how did you complete them.
Given an example of a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation and how did you handle it.
What do you bring to Target, and why do you think you would be an effective TPS?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable, do not expect much. It is entry level retail after all!

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – online application, phone interview

Interview Question – Describe when you made a mistake and how you got through it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly easy. Went online, filled out an application then got called in for an interview.

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you ever had to tell any of your bosses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found something better.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – The over process is really basic, you apply, if you meet qualifications expect a call, set up phone interviews, then in person, multiple interviews, then you wait and they usually offer you on the spot.The over process is really basic, you apply, if you meet qualifications expect a call, set up phone interviews, then in person, multiple interviews, then you wait and they usually hire you on the spot.

Interview Question – why target? need to do your research prior to interview   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone for initial interview with a human resources rep. Then I interviewed via phone with the local regional human resources rep. I then went to the district office where I was interviewed by a store team leader and then with the district team leader and the human resources business partner in a separate interview.

Interview Question – Every question was a "tell me about a time when" behavioral question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – Takes 1 week to process.
Interview questions
1.Tell me about yourself.
2.Why Target?
3.What are your strengths and weaknesses?
4.When is the time you made a mistake and how did you handle it?
5.A woman and a child are looking for shoes but they don't have the size they wanted. What would you do?
6.As a cashier job, a person comes up to you and tells you that this product is worth $5.00 instead of $15.00. How would you handle it

I was offered the job on the day of the interview. I took my drug test, all you have to do is pee in a vial like you would normally do in a blood test.

Negotiation Details – What is your desired hourly salary?

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview consisted or a telephone interview with a recruiting coordinator that lasted roughly 20 minutes. After that I was scheduled for a set of round robin interviews at a local distribution center. Conduct three interviews with district level leadership and all interviews consisted of behavioral based questions. Most of the questions started with "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Question – Most difficult question asked was "Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a policy or procedure and how you went about handling this issue."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiable phase was limited due to the nature of applicants applying for the position. In the region of the country I live in there are few employers, therefore I accept the offer with little negotiation.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!