Target Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Cashier, Customer Services, Cart Attendant, Phololab, and Etc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

when I apply, I got an interview right away. General question, like 24/7 availability (including holidays), will you be willing to dress in proper color dress code, how your personality? be very positive and confident, and i dress kind of formal but not over the top.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with pressure with difficult customer? and how do you handle yourself mate.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were two one on one interviews, one with a tech, and one with the pharmacist. It was pretty casual. The tech asked me the usual interview situational questions. But their emphasis was really on knowing classifications of drugs and how to interact with customers. Also included a typing speed test.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Palmdale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was short. Their computer system did not allow me to take a "second assessment" that I was supposed to take in the store. I had to wait about 30 minutes to begin interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you are interrupted when completing a task, and do you go back and complete the task.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (West Hollywood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Always extremely late and never took my time into consideration. They forced me to wait an hour and a half for the in-person interview, only to have me sit down for five minutes with a 24-year-old girl who didn't even look at me while asking the questions. I'm positive this is because I don't have any retail experience, so she wrote me off before the interview began. When I said I have made coffee at an office before she perked up and said "would you like to work at the Starbucks??" and I said "not that kind of coffee"... Plus, I was the only person dressed up at the interview. A guy wearing a hoody and another guy wearing jeans and sneakers went further in the process than I did. They made me wait for the same amount of time for the phone interview and they changed the schedule multiple times. Why make me do that if you won't even consider me anyway????

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was then contacted a month later. Interview was schedule one week after being contacted. Two tests taken beforehand (one after applying) and one before first interview. Two interviews. First interview was scheduled at 9 am but had to wait more than 45 minutes before someone came to talk. Interview was about half an hour. Was then contacted for another interview. There were similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your weakness? What can your former employer say about you? A few behavioral type questions and scenario questions ("Tell me a time when...")   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Seal Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief and simple. It was one on one with the softline supervisor and she was very friendly. The interview took around ten minutes. I was told I would get an email in a week to see if i did or did not get the job. I never got an email. Just go over ghe questions on here and u sbould be fine.

Merchandise Flow Team Member Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Redondo Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied and received a call regarding my application only a week later. They left a message and I called back and was offered an interview early Monday morning. Got to target before it opened so I rang the doorbell at employee entrance. Was greeted and led to a bench to sit and wait. Was lead through the break room/ offices to a training classroom setting where I watched a quick less than 5minute video about what the back room job looked like. Was then taken to an office and interviewed with not HR but instead two members of the overnight team (I think I was supposed to interview with HR but she wasn't available). My interviewers seemed more nervous than me. I made it comfortable by offering small talk while I filled out paper work. They asked me about myself and then a number of situational questions. They gave me time to answer, but coming up with answers on the spot was sometimes hard. Full interview was probably 30mins. Left feeling alright, if anything I thought my not so open schedule would be a problem. I got a call back the next day and was offered the job at $9.75/hr pending my background check. Will go to orientation once the bg check goes through. HR that called to offer was really friendly.

Interview Questions

• If we asked a former employer about your biggest weakness what would they say? Same for strength?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you stood up for yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you were interrupted doing your job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to get someone else involved / a superior to help you with a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a lot of things to do in a small amount of time, how did you prioritize what was most important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met through a campus recruiting event. Got an interview the week after. Second interview was set up a week after that. Was sent an email that I wasn't offered the job, however was left confused when they left a voicemail asking for a followup call. When i did follow up they never called back. Also was called for another interview at a separate location. Nice interviewers. Confusing process.

Interview Questions

• Give a scenario where you didn't agree with a coworker   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Oxnard, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application with standard questions such as work experience, school etc. In-store kiosk personality assessment. 2 part interview with management, regarding hypothetical situations and past experiences. A series of training videos and training tests.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker who you don't get along with?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (La Habra, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was very lengthy but they make you feel comfortable through the entire process. I had 5 interviews, one was an intial screening, the next was with an STL and ETL, the next was with another ETL, the next was with a DTL, and the final was with an HR market leader. They ask you behavioral questions. All of the interviews asked me to tell a little about myself as well as why I want to work for Target. They give you all the info you need to prepare for the interview, and after each interview, I was actually told, you're moving on to the next round so there was no suspense. They either like you or they don't. Once I had my final interview with the HR market leader, about 2 hours later I received an email from initial HR person with a job offer. Salary was more than what I asked for and the benefits were ideal. I accepted the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to plan and execute a task and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for target   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had conflict on the job and how did you handle it   Answer Question