Target Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Filled out an online app to receive a call to attend a hiring opportunity two days later with less than twenty-four hour notice. I arrived at around 7:50am for the appointment that was at 8:00am. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire by returns in a little booth with a computer. Once me and two others finished that we were told to head to the pharmacy and go through the door on the right of it. They showed us a short two minute video about what working the sales floor of Target was all about, kind of weird since we were all here for overnight backroom stocking which meant we did not have to work with customers; the third male that was there was actually applying for an HQ position so even more baffling. After that it was around 9am we were all one by one taken out of the breakroom they left us in to be interviewed. The interview was very short and pretty simple even though most questions could not apply to me as I had not worked and they did not like any answers regarding school it seemed. Only about five questions were asked. She asked if I had any questions after she explained how the position I was applying for worked and if I was still interested. I was still interested and had asked around three or four questions regarding the position. She then led me back to the breakroom with the others who had came back before me to await another interviewer. At this time it may have been around 9:30am and they proceeded to leave us there for about an hour with no check up or anything. We had thought they had forgotten we were even there. Around 10:30am were finally interviewed once more, my second interview was very similar to the first except I was a lot less comfortable as I had been starving since the first interview concluded and had lost a lot of focus being there for about three hours being asked only roughly five questions. We concluded the interview and had asked me if I had any questions as the first interviewer did. I told him I did not as I had already asked all of them with the first interviewer not knowing we were going to be interviewed twice. He told me he and others would review my resume and what I had said in my interviews and give me a call. Around two days later I received an e-mail roughly around 3am thanking me for my interest but they could not offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest needed to find a pair of shoes and you noticed a pair in the wrong section? (Something like that.)   View Answer
    • What would you if you rang something up at $19.99 and the customer claimed it was $17.99?   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Pharmacist interviewed two people and then left for a meeting so they had someone else interview us. He was very nice and made me comfortable, but didn't know a lot about the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a difficult customer how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

So I applied online & two days later I got a call to set up an interview. On the phone she asked me about my availability & if it would stay that way during the summer. I said yes and she proceed to schedule me an interview in 3 days.

I arrived at Target at 8:50 am only to realize that I had driven to the wrong target (Although I had applied at that one).
    Any who, I got to the Target I needed to be & was led to the waiting area where there was two girls there already.
    We literally waited 1 hr 30 mins to get interviewed. After the second girl got interviewed and sat back down, the guy that was interviewing us went to go eat so I had to wait 10 more minutes for him. I was so annoyed.
    Then my turn finally came and I thought I did well, like he understood me. The last question I got mixed up and kept saying "uhm, uhm." So I blew it but overall I did well I think... or so I thought.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target?
      What would your teachers say about you?

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Very simple process with 3 interviewers. If the first interviewer likes you, you are next interviewed by his/her superior, and again by the next superior. Mostly behavioral type questions with 3 part answers describing the situation, your actions, and the outcome of the situation. Each interviewer asks 4 questions but you can use the same answers for different interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were given unexpected feedback and how you handled it   Answer Question

I decided it wasn't the right opportunity for me

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Behavioral Based Questions , Come Prepared, please do come prepared and be ready for multiple behavioral based questions, it is easier if you study. Good night rest the day before and press onward always. They will schedule an interview near your home, so you do not have to travel to far.

Interview Questions
    • Leadership , Adaptability , Customer Service , Google the 50 most asked interview questions and study from those as well , it will be very helpful . . . interviewer was very nice and I was very young so yeah, just study and your will be fine.   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Target's interview was not stressfull at all. I applied online after hearing about their program form a campus recruiter. They were fairly prompt in contacting me about the phone interview and emailed me with directions. I prepared myself by gathering information about the company as well as the internship program, which seemed to impress the recruiter. They set up the second interview on the same day. Finally, they conducted a third interview with the HR manager over the phone and I got the job offer that very same day. Overall, the interview experience was pretty good. All the employees as well as recruiters and managers are very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve an issue about an unhappy customer?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied on line and then got a call asking if I was still interested in the job and they wanted to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later and then scheduled the in person interview a few days later. At the in person interview, I went to the store I applied for and was led upstairs to the break area to wait. I was then shown a video about the position I was applying and asked to take a test that had some math problems dealing with some graphs and charts. The interview itself was fairly easy. They asked a few questions that I had found out about from reading other reviews here so I had an answer ready for each one. And it also helped that the guy interviewing me was very easy to talk to. And then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths & weakness? Why do you want to work for Target? Name a time you went above & beyond. Name a time you were part of a team effort. And name a time you made a mistake, what did you do & what was the outcome? And the two Target store questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, just this is what the position pays. You either accept it or don't.

Sales Floor Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

The person who was interviewing me kept pointing at a corner and said go in that door so I had to point at all the doors since he was half way across the room and didn't want to point me in the right room to go in a

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City Industry, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in December 2014.

A lot easier than I thought it was going to be! Straight forward questions, easy conversation. Lasted about 20-30 minutes? Including the kiosk questions and waiting for the actual interview to start. In the end, I was offered a job on the spot :)

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

The process took a long time. While the initial interviewing process was done within 2 weeks, it took them almost a month to let me know when my orientation date was. They then called me in and told me that the orientation was the next day. This did not give me much time to move around my schedule for this new position. It was very unprofessional and inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself growing within this organization? How?   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate. offered me minimum wage and then sent me on my way to get a drug test.